Page 115 of 283 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    WandaVision was unmatched in U.S. popularity by other titles across major video streaming platforms in January. The series had an indexed audience size figure of 8,127, meaning it was nearly 81.3 times more viewed than the average title TVision measured across SVOD platforms.

Variety reports: https://variety.com/vip/wandavision-...ts-1234913691/

I looked at the rankings and I thought someone is remaking Kolchak: The Night Stalker. Just watched the original made for TV movie again the other night ....haven't seen in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, I want her character arc to have a good ending too. Feige and company probably have it all planned out. I would like her to leave with the other heroes like Nick Fury, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Ant-Man, War Machine, Hawkeye, Spider-Man, Hulk, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Wasp, Thor, and the Guardians. And preferably in a blaze of glory!

I do think there's a decent chance that Loki, Gamora, Hawkeye, Winter Soldier, War Machine, Ant-Man and Nick Fury will each bite the bullet soon. I say this because Feige stated that the next Avengers team will be EXTREMELY different than the previous ones.
    I wonder if it will involve the team during the Under Siege arc. Roger Stern & John Buscema killed it on that. Then you would get The Wasp as the leader, Namor, Hercules, Dane Whitman aka Black Knight, Monica as Photon instead of Captain Marvel and maybe the return Captain America or even introduce Bucky Cap. That would bring in Baron Zemo, Moonstone, Crusher Creel, Titania and other assorted members of Zemo's gang.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I wonder if it will involve the team during the Under Siege arc. Roger Stern & John Buscema killed it on that. Then you would get The Wasp as the leader, Namor, Hercules, Dane Whitman aka Black Knight, Monica as Photon instead of Captain Marvel and maybe the return Captain America or even introduce Bucky Cap. That would bring in Baron Zemo, Moonstone, Crusher Creel, Titania and other assorted members of Zemo's gang.
    Yeah, that would be an interesting new line-up! Hercules was always a favorite of mine. Probably take a while for them each to be introduced though. I think Namor is tricky because of his rights situation with Universal Studios. I like taking C-list characters and making them A-listers. That's something DC should try to emulate more.

I think Kevin Feige made an announcement maybe a year or so ago that Marvel got back Namor's rights but I couldn't find anything. I don't know how Universal gets anything out it by keeping the rights. Or maybe their asking for too much and Marvel/Disney doesn't want to meet their price. They can wait them out because unless Universal wants to do a big launch of their own, they are gaining nothing from the IP

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think Kevin Feige made an announcement maybe a year or so ago that Marvel got back Namor's rights but I couldn't find anything. I don't know how Universal gets anything out it by keeping the rights. Or maybe their asking for too much and Marvel/Disney doesn't want to meet their price. They can wait them out because unless Universal wants to do a big launch of their own, they are gaining nothing from the IP
    I heard about that too! But that's never been clarified to me. I feel Universal is doing to Namor what it did previously to the Hulk. By not letting Disney use them the way they want to, prevents some GREAT stories from being told on screen.

LOL@the Uber reference. For me, I never watched the overwhelming majority of the Fox mutant films! So I have no "definitive" Professor X in my mind. I was more of an Avengers guy than an X-Men person. I understood the importance of mutants being allegories for various forms of discrimination, but I thought that just made them less fun? The Avengers weren't about making social change. So I gravitated towards them. Like Wanda and Pietro in the Avengers barely mentioned mutant struggles in their stories and I was fine with that. I didn't know that would change MASSIVELY fifteen years ago or so. I was also surprised to learn so many classic Avengers that I knew and loved back in the day are now no longer actually Avengers! And many of them were C-list characters like Wanda and Vision and would have a tough time surviving outside of that group in the comic books. I'm glad the MCU is bringing back those classic line-ups (for the most part).
    I'm the opposite; I haven't read X-Men comics in decades. Every once in a while I check in, but they're not my thing.
    Especially when their fandom dumps on Wanda (HoM, etc)

But those X-men movies, the first two with Stewart as Prof X, are gold to me.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I guess what bums me out is that we'll never get flashbacks into how Wanda and Vision got together in earlier MCU movies. I was also hoping we could have seen some scenes with Billy and Tommy going to school and Wanda and Vision being harried parents. Now it's all too late for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I'm the opposite; I haven't read X-Men comics in decades. Every once in a while I check in, but they're not my thing.
    Especially when their fandom dumps on Wanda (HoM, etc)

But those X-men movies, the first two with Stewart as Prof X, are gold to me.
    Yeah, I liked the X-Men, but not as much as the Avengers. Because their origin stories were kind of unique, as opposed to the mutants. But in the 90s, the X-books were the hottest things in comics, so I thought I was in the minority. I think I saw the first X-Men movie in a theater (and I almost never go to the movies). It was fine, but I can't remember much from it. I've been a fan of Stewart since the TNG days. I actually think the MCU is a little bit like the Star Trek world of the 90s and early 2000s I grew up in. Optimistic and hopeful. WandaVision is kinda diverging from that, and that makes me sad. But I understand what it's trying to do. I think mental illness should be discussed in the open, even in superhero movies and shows. I didn't use to feel that way, but I've come around to accepting that now. Especially after hearing posters on these forums talking about their own mental health struggles.

I guess what bums me out is that we'll never get flashbacks into how Wanda and Vision got together in earlier MCU movies. I was also hoping we could have seen some scenes with Billy and Tommy going to school and Wanda and Vision being harried parents. Now it's all too late for that.
    Probably in one of those unseen WandaVision episodes...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably in one of those unseen WandaVision episodes...
    I'd be FLABBERGASTED if they got to that in the last two episodes. I mean totally shocked. After discussing mental health with GenericUsername a couple nights ago, I had a thought. Wouldn't it be interesting if Wanda received some sort of therapy from a psychiatrist? He/she could prescribe the medication Wanda was taking in Episode 7. If WandaVision is really doing a deep dive into mental illness, that would be such a powerful statement that superheroes need to seek out help sometimes, so "normal" folks can too. But I guarantee NONE of the stuff I mentioned in my last two posts are gonna happen. There's just no time for it. If ANY of the ideas I just mentioned are actually realized in the next couple of episodes, I give the ENTIRE CBR forums the right to call me a DICK. That's how confident I am that none of it will occur.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Their is Still Speculation on Who Dottie Could be in all of this and while their has been like most things amazing in the show Theories and Speculations, the one below in the Video from The Big Picture is honestly with good evidence espically after Episode 7 and callbacks to episode 2 is honestly one of the best I have seen so far and be a Big Left of Field turn if true.

Got to the Part of the Video starting at 18:55 and Watch to the end.

If this is the Case Dottie Jones Being;

spoilers:
    ARCANNA of The Squadron Supreme!?
    end of spoilers

Now this theory might have already been know or dicussed here already but this is the 1st time I have heard of the pieces to put it all together and if this turns out to be the case those Implications can be massive and exciting!

spoilers:
    Could also go with the Tease of Why Wanda looked so much like Zatanna in Episode 2 as well.
    end of spoilers

We have to wait and see, but just wondering others views of this Theory?
    Last edited by CJStriker; 02-25-2021 at 09:30 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Yes, I stayed up to midnight to watch episode 8. Thanks for asking.

Ahhhhh there’s so much to discuss

spoilers:
    I hope they end up fusing the Vision Wanda created with the body so that he comes back to life. Also, how would Hayward know that Wanda has the power to bring Vision back? There must be more to him if he knew that.
    end of spoilers
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    spoilers:
    I hope they end up fusing the Vision Wanda created with the body so that he comes back to life. Also, how would Hayward know that Wanda has the power to bring Vision back? There must be more to him if he knew that.
    end of spoilers
    What do you mean how? He's literally seen Vision alive.