Page 93 of 283 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

spoilers:
    I think Agatha is interested in how Wanda made the hex and whether it can really be used to resurrect someone. When she killed Sparky and Wanda was consoling the kids, Agatha was particularly interested in whether Wanda could really bring someone back to life. Also, the questions Pietro was asking Wanda about how she did it all adds to this now we know he's working for (or being controlled by) Agatha.
    end of spoilers
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    She came in and took advantage of the Hex I feel.
    That's not really her style though

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

Was anyone else expecting to see the Ringmaster and his henchmen in that interlude with the circus people?
    There was a point, before this episode where I thought that he could be the one, lol.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I felt this way too. The nature of nearly all of these shows is (as I keep saying) is switch and bait.

Family Feud doesn't start by telling you the answer 'then' asking the question. Episodic TV does not have the immediacy of movies. So if you're looking for everything all at once, you don't get it.

I myself certainly wouldn't be fooled by AH/reveal. The source material is pointing towards others. in my opinion.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Previously poster referred to women as "chicks" so there is a credibility issues for me.
    ~ Oberon ~

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    I'm not too in-the-know about her style, but, in the comics, isn't she a sort of 'mentor' to Wanda?

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but Agatha's song starts with her flying into Westview and transforming herself to better fit, so, I think she wasn't originally inside the Hex, she came there later to see that is happening and discovered that entire town is mind-controlled and manipulated by someone. Instead of directly saying the truth to Wanda and potentially provoke her (as happened with Monica), Agatha started to mess with things in order to slowly wake up Wanda and let her see and remember that everything around isn't real, Agatha's actions also helped Vision to do the same. And the book is probably used to protect Agatha from being mind-controlled as well and/or from being discovered by the main villain.

The song is sung from the perspective of this main villain who only now realized that his plan is falling apart because of Agatha, that "it's been Agatha all along" who was "messing things" and "pulling strings" and caused all the problems.
    If it wasn't for Senor Scratchy, this seems to explain most things. Buffy V Slayer was the master of switch/bait and this is so going to be that.

Whether Nicholas Scratch or Nightmare or Mephisto, or possibly an intertwining plot that goes elsewhere, someone else is behind it all.

Pretty sure the SWORD Heyward stuff moves on too, possibly Falcon/WS
    ~ Oberon ~

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

Pretty sure the SWORD Heyward stuff moves on too, possibly Falcon/WS
    Wandavision was supposed to come after Falcon, so no, Sword won't appear there.

Previously poster referred to women as "chicks" so there is a credibility issues for me.
    I thought Chicks and "Dudes" were at the same level. Is it really a sexist term?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

I felt this way too. The nature of nearly all of these shows is (as I keep saying) is switch and bait.

Family Feud doesn't start by telling you the answer 'then' asking the question. Episodic TV does not have the immediacy of movies. So if you're looking for everything all at once, you don't get it.

I myself certainly wouldn't be fooled by AH/reveal. The source material is pointing towards others. in my opinion.
    ^^^^ Well Said!

Like I keep saying if this show or as you so well put it allot of episodic shows like TV or Anime tell us all answers are never revealed right away. Red herrings and mysterious still abound and if this show has shown us Brilliantly it has that deception in Bonds!

Just like with Wanda we need to give the story time to reveal Agatha.

But we still love that song.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    Maybe not in the comics, but one thing we always have to accept no matter how hard it is sometimes: adaptations of comics aren't obligated to follow things to the letter for characters, remember in the Black Panther movie Nakia is a heroic character and T'Challa's girlfriend while in the comics she's a villain and Agatha's Ultimate version was a villain as well as young. We still have two episodes so about an hour to two hours depending on how long the episodes are to get a real feel for her as well as her goals and motivations.

Misdirections and red herrings are fine. I think it's fun for the writers to try and lead viewers astray. Builds up the mystery element of the show. I'm still sticking to my guns that Mephisto and Magneto will NOT appear in it though. Didn't Loki kill Coulson a decade ago in that first Avengers movie? Coulson was quite a popular "side" character at that time. Loki's popularity wasn't hurt by that...Although I do think he was "mind-controlled" at the time.

To feminists it was a '70s outdated term. I rarely hear anyone refer to women, of any age, as 'chicks' so I think it is rude and condescending. I am not saying the poster meant that, just a colloquial term that seems sexist these day. I actually don't call most people dudes either, but I'm just like that. The term had resonance for '60s British mod era. Twiggy was quite the chick, etc.
    ~ Oberon ~

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Misdirections and red herrings are fine. I think it's fun for the writers to try and lead viewers astray. Builds up the mystery element of the show. I'm still sticking to my guns that Mephisto and Magneto will NOT appear in it though. Didn't Loki kill Coulson a decade ago in that first Avengers movie? Coulson was quite a popular "side" character at that time. Loki's popularity wasn't hurt by that...Although I do think he was "mind-controlled" at the time.
    I'm trying to remember, but I believe that AOS is no longer aligned with MCU reality, though in truth the ties in were one sided. But I think all the timey stuff in their last season had the intention or result of sorta diverting that reality away (so, potentially it could be out there in the multiverse I guess).
    So Loki bopping in and out of time is more interesting to me, because it will impact the main MCU.
    As some have pointed out, in the comics, the much nobler version of Agatha once sacrificed Ebony, for a cause. I think Ebony came back, but I may not be right.

Some are also still saying that the secret cameo is major, but that doesn't mean it has to be either big M, so yeah.
    ~ Oberon ~

I'm trying to remember, but I believe that AOS is no longer aligned with MCU reality, though in truth the ties in were one sided. But I think all the timey stuff in their last season had the intention or result of sorta diverting that reality away (so, potentially it could be out there in the multiverse I guess).
    So Loki bopping in and out of time is more interesting to me, because it will impact the main MCU.
    As some have pointed out, in the comics, the much nobler version of Agatha once sacrificed Ebony, for a cause. I think Ebony came back, but I may not be right.

Some are also still saying that the secret cameo is major, but that doesn't mean it has to be either big M, so yeah.
    Yeah, Loki acting like an evil Doctor Who sounds like fun. I don't think he'll meet up with Thor again though. Their story is finished in my opinion. What I meant earlier was that if Loki killed off a popular character and still maintained his own popularity, Agatha could easily be redeemed too. Just use some mind-control shenanigans and we're good. I said it before and I'll say it again. Hahn is the funniest broad I've seen on screen in ages!

I will give Olsen a lot of props for holding her own in Episode 7. Clearly Agatha, Darcy and even Vision got to be pretty funny in it and her humor was the hardest to sell in my opinion. But she did fine. And I'm pleased that the show has returned its focus onto her again. Still kind of miffed that she wasn't as nice a person as she was before. But since her mental state has deteriorated, I suppose I understand why she's acting the way she is. Overall, I'm quite pleased with how the MCU is portraying Wanda and Vision. Up to Episode 7, I thought Wanda was wonderful. The best developed (emotionally) female character in the MCU by far. Very interesting and nuanced, but very fun. Vision is definitely MUCH more humble in live-action than in the comic books and cartoons. Hell, he's probably the most modest superhero in the MCU (he's just kind of bumbling to me, which is fine).

I think the secret cameo WILL be major, but I agree, I don't think it will be Magneto or Mephisto.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-20-2021 at 08:52 AM.