Page 148 of 283 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I Think GenericUsername put it best is that we are seeing Grief in a Manifitastion of all this and taking over Wanda's world by what we have been given so far, it is like a combo of getting lost in a Dream, Trauma, a Nightmare and the splintering of ones self. As the scene when Westview was made it really dragged her into it and Agatha has been showing what he cut off memory trying to put it back together and break her out of this to find the truth. Even Monica said she can feel her pain, that she was in pain, so I think what this all is is that pain manifesting in all of this.

That is why I think the best judge while saying what I just said, is still to give this show the time to explain fully not only what is fully going on, but how they will resolve the last parts of the story. We don't have all the info yet and that is correct not to, a story needs time to tell itself by its own pace and when that story is a clear mystery with clearly even more crazy twists, what seems like truth on episode gets revealed as the opisite the next.

That is why I don't really ponder to much on the state of the Townsfolk of Westview cause we have not come to that part of the story yet that will show how they come to the close that, so I don't worry as much and think most should not too.

Until we have all the info and fully story we can't paint the right picture for our Wanda or for what it all means for the townfolks of westview. That has always been the proper way to see this with Wanda and trust her character will be shown and explained in due time and that has indeed be rewarded to her fans so far.

Remember When SO MANY where CERTAIN that Vision was a corpse being puppeted by Wanda or her Brother the same way too? Many thought she broke into the SWORD base and stole the body as well? Yea I and other did not jump on that cause we wanted to wait till the story explained itself but other on the net and youtube went well into it before they let the story tell it in full.

Now look How THAT ALL Turned out Now?!

And just after Episode 8 Alone and that wasy just a 35-40 mins of story that broke ALL that down into dust!

With that the story seems to be on a downward declining in Wanda in badder views and explain the events that keep adding up to resovle them to show in a much better light.

I feel this, while still their can be twists the other ways, but I feel this will likely continue with the next episode to bring more of these what seem like badder things to better light for Wanda. We just got to give the story time to show them and tell their story to us before we are certain to be worried or absovled.

Like I keep saying, Trust In Wanda's Character in the truth of what we Truly Feel Postively about her and the showrunners and actors who have shown a clear caring about that as well. Again, Cautious Optimisum indeed, things can twist, but things seem to be heading in the better direction right now, wait and see, but Trust and Hope for Our Wanda.

This show has zigged and zagged so many times that I don't know what the heck is real or not anymore! Yeah, I think people are getting carried away with speculation. The last episode is going to mainly be wrapping up the Westview story and moving a couple of pieces in place for Doc Strange 2. Most of the main reveals and twists are already out, the only thing is for Agatha to explain what she means by the Scarlet Witch, which is also another thing being set up for Doc Strange 2, maybe explain where/what exactly the kids are (which could also be left for later, I guess), and then the big battle royale that will take up half the episode before closing the series with some kind of resolution to Vision's arc. I'm really hoping that the Westview story doesn't look as bad as it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, that's true, but they could have dropped Hawkeye's family for some scenes with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.
    That's true. The family scenes were absolutely corny and definitely damaged his character (and made him a little less compelling than he could have been). For me, I wasn't too thrilled with Wanda's and Pietro's debut. She was worse. I think her actions were pretty ruthless and cold-blooded then. Even her brother seemed like a nicer guy in that movie. But in my opinion, AoU should have focused more of that movie on Ultron himself. Spader was a GREAT Ultron, and they could have done more with his character. Keep him funny, but make him more threatening and tougher to defeat.

I'm surprised that gurkle and I are the only ones in these threads that are vocal in our disdain for the exposition in WandaVision! I think that kind of thing just bogs the whole show down. And often times, the exposition tells us stuff we already know. It is only done because not all viewers have seen the movies. But eventually, I think things could get out of control. That's why I'm thinking it's better for more characters to "retire" after 8 to 10 years in the MCU. Anymore than that, there's just too many shows and movies to follow to understand these stories. I don't want the MCU to be like the comic books.

I gave up on comics partly because of the constant retcons, resurrections, overreliance on "events", dense continuity and generally bad storytelling. I have only recently discovered some things have not improved in my absence!

Look at this reading order for DC's Infinite crisis from back in 2005:

Infinite Crisis #1
    Gotham Central #37
    JLA #124&125
    Wonder Woman #222&223
    Green Lantern #7&8
    Aquaman #35&36
    JSA Classified #4
    Infinite Crisis #2
    Hawkman #47-49
    Superman #225
    Aquaman #37
    Wonder Woman #224
    Infinite Crisis #3
    Aquaman #38&39
    Robin #143-5
    Day of Vengeance Infinite Crisis Special #1
    Infinite Crisis Secret Files 2006 #1
    Infinite Crisis #4
    Batman #648-50
    Nightwing #116
    Teen Titans #32
    Robin #146&147
    Rann-Thanagar War Special #1
    Catwoman #52
    Adventures of Superman #648
    Teen Titans Annual #1
    Nightwing #117
    Infinite Crisis #5
    Superman #226
    Action Comics #836
    Adventures of Superman #649
    Teen Titans #33
    Batman Annual #25
    Infinite Crisis #6
    The Omac Project Infinite Crisis Special #1
    Villains United Infinite Crisis Special #1
    Infinite Crisis #7

That's 49 comics across over 20 odd titles! and doesn't include either the prelude or aftermath.

I for one do not want TV/Film comic adaptions to copy this nonsense.

Ultimate Member

I think Pietro and Wanda were bitter towards Tony and rhat fueled their negativity. I don't think every character needs to star out likeable so long as he/she becomes more likeable. But she's come so far and I don't want her to regress.

The problem with Ultron is he turns against Tony for no conceivable reason and his plans escalated to quickly to global genocide. Frankly the comic book plot where he resents Hank for sharing the same brain waves is a more interesting plot. Spader had so much potential.

Vision should have been introduced earlier to show some kind of connection to Ultron and to elaborate on his personality.

Ultimate Member

I agree the exposition is clunky.

However, I kinda like the over connectedness of things. It allows for long term character evolution

Not as extreme as comics can take it sometimes, that is

I think Pietro and Wanda were bitter towards Tony and rhat fueled their negativity. I don't think every character needs to star out likeable so long as he/she becomes more likeable. But she's come so far and I don't want her to regress.

The problem with Ultron is he turns against Tony for no conceivable reason and his plans escalated to quickly to global genocide. Frankly the comic book plot where he resents Hank for sharing the same brain waves is a more interesting plot. Spader had so much potential.

Vision should have been introduced earlier to show some kind of connection to Ultron and to elaborate on his personality.
    Oh, I understand their anger. It's just that I wish they were a little bit less bloodthirsty. That's all. I agree Wanda has come very far from her days in Sokovia. I totally agree with your comments on Ultron. He determined that humans were assholes far too quickly, and his plans for their destruction were really rushed. But I understand why the whole Hank/Ultron thing was done away with. There was just too many things going on in that movie. Would have been better if it was a five hour show like WandaVision. I do think Vision's introduction in the third act was VERY hurried, but I was okay with it. I think it was done correctly. Whedon seemed to have a real affinity to that character and it showed. But yeah, Spader was my favorite performer in that movie and his efforts were pretty much squandered.

I agree the exposition is clunky.

However, I kinda like the over connectedness of things. It allows for long term character evolution

Not as extreme as comics can take it sometimes, that is
    I LOVE how the universe is connected. That is a remarkable accomplishment by Feige and company. But I do think the exposition is really distracting. I can see it becoming a bigger problem as more movies and shows get released in the future. Characters staying in the MCU for over fifteen years becomes problematic. I like the character progression, but people do get tired of seeing the same faces again and again. I thought Iron Man and Captain America got amazing send-offs. I actually think Vision will get a great one in WandaVision. Hopefully Wanda's eventual exit will be as original and moving.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Oh, I understand their anger. It's just that I wish they were a little bit less bloodthirsty. That's all. I agree Wanda has come very far from her days in Sokovia. I totally agree with your comments on Ultron. He determined that humans were assholes far too quickly, and his plans for their destruction were really rushed. But I understand why the whole Hank/Ultron thing was done away with. There was just too many things going on in that movie. Would have been better if it was a five hour show like WandaVision. I do think Vision's introduction in the third act was VERY hurried, but I was okay with it. I think it was done correctly. Whedon seemed to have a real affinity to that character and it showed. But yeah, Spader was my favorite performer in that movie and his efforts were pretty much squandered.
    It could have worked if they didn't take so long to make the Ant-Man movie, (and another three years for the Wasp to do anything). I feel like what they replaced it with in the movies makes it too generic, and makes Tony regress in his character evolution.

I see your point about Wanda. She was a bit too intense.
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 03-03-2021 at 10:01 PM.

Ultimate Member

I LOVE how the universe is connected. That is a remarkable accomplishment by Feige and company. But I do think the exposition is really distracting. I can see it becoming a bigger problem as more movies and shows get released in the future. Characters staying in the MCU for over fifteen years becomes problematic. I like the character progression, but people do get tired of seeing the same faces again and again. I thought Iron Man and Captain America got amazing send-offs. I actually think Vision will get a great one in WandaVision. Hopefully Wanda's eventual exit will be as original and moving.
    I think the exposition could be more smoothly integrated and trimmed of redundancies.

I echo you sentiment about getting a good send off

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

Elizabeth Olsen was on Jimmy Fallon Tonight!

OMG This was BRILLIANT, Elizabeth Olsen is Truly a Treasure!!!

We are So Lucky and Blessed She is Wanda Maximoff!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

That's true. The family scenes were absolutely corny and definitely damaged his character (and made him a little less compelling than he could have been). For me, I wasn't too thrilled with Wanda's and Pietro's debut. She was worse. I think her actions were pretty ruthless and cold-blooded then. Even her brother seemed like a nicer guy in that movie. But in my opinion, AoU should have focused more of that movie on Ultron himself. Spader was a GREAT Ultron, and they could have done more with his character. Keep him funny, but make him more threatening and tougher to defeat.
    Yeah expanding on Hawkeye's character and showing he has life outside of shooting arrows was definitely damaging.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Yeah expanding on Hawkeye's character and showing he has life outside of shooting arrows was definitely damaging.
    I did kind of like his wife. She got some good snark in at his expense and did a good job of giving a vibe of having known him and them having a special connection. (Him, not so much. She'd made eye contact with him, and he'd just sort of scowl off into the distance over her head, which seemed like an odd choice on his part.)

Ultimate Member

But the expansion of his character didn't seem like it was expanding on previous movies, like with the other heroes. It was just this random scene which slowed the pace down and didn't lead to much. Hawkeye's development in these movies is too piecemeal and not continuous enough.

BANNED

But the expansion of his character didn't seem like it was expanding on previous movies, like with the other heroes. It was just this random scene which slowed the pace down and didn't lead to much. Hawkeye's development in these movies is too piecemeal and not continuous enough.
    Hawkeye barely did anything in the first two movies he was in what exactly about the previous films was it gonna expand on?
    Why can't they just build more on Hawkeye's character?

Ultimate Member

Hawkeye barely did anything in the first two movies he was in what exactly about the previous films was it gonna expand on?
    Why can't they just build more on Hawkeye's character?
    That's my problem. They introduce something out of nowhere instead of showing more about him in the previous. Missteps already occurred but I don't feel this really corrected that.