Page 96 of 283 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I thought Chicks and "Dudes" were at the same level. Is it really a sexist term?
    To many yes. the Dixie Chicks don't use it any more and dropped that part of the group's name.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I was merely stating the facts. Carol did apologize for not checking in with Monica first before she took the name. That's what friends do.

Monica didn't do anything wrong. The media called her Captain Marvel. She went with it. When she got to the Avengers and realized there was a honored former member now deceased who had the name, she touched base with a hero far greater in name and legacy in Captain America, who blessed the decision and told her it was ok. Mar-Vell had no children at the time. Carol was off doing Binary things, not in the least concerned about Captain Marvel, his legacy, or even checking in on his "wife" to see how she was coping with Mar-Vell's death.
    It's funny how you try to make it seem as of Carol didn't care when her time as Binary was when she was drained of memories and was basically a whole different person at the time

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    How this Thread turned into a Carol vs Monica

I doubt Monica will replace Carol in one her movies like, Brie Larsson will probably get her own trilogy
    As far as we know, Brie Larson still has a multi-picture deal with Marvel. Most of the time someone playing a lead gets a deal like that starting out. Chris Evans IIRC had a multi picture deal, as did RDJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    To many yes. the Dixie Chicks don't use it any more and dropped that part of the group's name.
    Off topic but I think they got rid of the "Dixie" part of the name, because of the racist connections it has to the confederate south, not the "chicks" part.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I think that the video for her theme song makes it clear that she was playing him.
    And the witch's laugh kind of gave it away...

Theory on the book-given that we've already had a shout out to the very obscure Marvel characters that pretty much only showed up Vision and the Scarlet Witch comics-Illusion and Glamour-could it be reaching to say that the book might be the druidic tome that caused problems in that series (and was also sort of connected to Agatha as well)?

I've been reading through the TPB and the thought kind of just showed up.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    How this Thread turned into a Carol vs Monica

I doubt Monica will replace Carol in one her movies like, Brie Larsson will probably get her own trilogy
    People can't help but put women against women. Of course Brie will get the trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I think that the video for her theme song makes it clear that she was playing him.
    It was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Theory on the book-given that we've already had a shout out to the very obscure Marvel characters that pretty much only showed up Vision and the Scarlet Witch comics-Illusion and Glamour-could it be reaching to say that the book might be the druidic tome that caused problems in that series (and was also sort of connected to Agatha as well)?

Samhain would be interesting but I think it's the Darkhold for the reason that we are supposed to find out the source of Wanda's latent powers. And latent powers was exactly how they described the chaos magic Chthon gifted Wanda.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I loved Agatha from the very beginning in Fantastic Four. I really loved the George Perez FF annual with the FF in New Salem and the Salem 7 stuff, Nic Scratch.

And then Wanda, equally good. But some point after that

was when this idea she was also from Atlantis came up. It sort of feels not needed, but I never saw too many stories with her adventures back then, or anything much of a reference to them.

Before this, I had decided in head-cannon, that the folks of New Salem, and specifically the Salem's 7, were perhaps age-old descendants and merging of a lost Inhuman's tribe and some folks of magical traditions circa the Middle ages to the Renaissance - other words families of magical trained folks from the Greek mysteries etc. But they lost their origins in moving around the world; after the original Salem, they moved to the Rockies right? So this is the MCU version, maybe And I sorta agree it would be cool if Agatha gets to look down her nose at Strange, considering how arrogant he has been !
    That would indeed be great. I just want Stark...I mean Strange to maintain his current personality. The arrogant asshole approach to his character TOTALLY works for me. If he turns into Gandalf or Merlin, I would be VERY disappointed!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I do agree with those who think she has some agenda that isn't necessarily evil, especially since her manipulations have probably helped Wanda and Vision question this reality and loosen Wanda's control over it. She's always been a "cruel to be kind" type of character.
    I get the sense that Agatha wants the Hex to remain intact. Monica was so close to snapping Wanda back to reality, but then Agatha stepped in and stopped her. She wants Vision out of the picture, that's why she made him question reality, in the hope that he would leave the Hex and die. And now that he survived, she's using her magic to delay him. Agatha's main goal has been to pit the two against each other.
    Last edited by Dipter; 02-20-2021 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

That would make sense, haven't seen anyone guessing that somehow. I think most Wanda fans are hoping for the Darkhold cause it would mean introducing chaos magic, but there are definetely some other possibilities...

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    As far as we know, Brie Larson still has a multi-picture deal with Marvel. Most of the time someone playing a lead gets a deal like that starting out. Chris Evans IIRC had a multi picture deal, as did RDJ.
    Honestly after how well Miss Olsen is coming across in just how good her level of acting skill is as well as how Incredibly well the show is being received, depending upon where Wanda’s character is at the end of the show(It is Very Likely already and even said Wanda will come out ok after this trial and stronger then before), I would not be surprised is Marvel Studios might want to reconsider her and Wanda’s character for a bigger presence going forward in the MCU!?
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Oh by the way, I wanna say that I DON'T dislike Rambeau as a character in WandaVision. I just liked her MORE when she was "Geraldine". Her personality was very endearing when she was in the Hex, and I'm a bit disappointed that she's gone badass so fast.

That was the episode I've been waiting for since Teyonah Parris was announced in Comic-Con. She was wearing that outfit resembling Capt. Marvel's first uniform. Breaking the 4th wall title episode may be a nod to Monica as well. She literally broke back into the Hex Wall(1st 3 walls in Ep4) to get that amazing scene. The vibrant colors! I love the way that the show just gets better and better and I felt like I haven't seen a filler episode. Great job to everyone involved in this show. Amazing and it ain't over yet.

Is anyone else curious about the male voice that asks Wanda if she deserves to feel bad for what she's done? It's driving me crazy!