Page 146 of 274 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 4097

Thread: Wandavision

  1. #2176
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    4,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Nothing more screentime and more effective writing can't fix. Yeah, I agree with you about the bow though. LOL. I'm intrigued by Armor Wars, She-Hulk and Secret Invasion because I really like Cheadle, Ruffalo and Jackson. They're pretty solid actors.
    I agree. I like pretty much all the actors in the MCU except Gwyneth Paltrow, although she did have the best relationship chemistry with another actor in the series, at least to me.

    WandaVision really allowed the acting to come through, so I hope for more of the same. I'm also excited to see the new actors.

  2. #2177
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Yeah Agatha is evil I know people want the mentor comic angle but at this point it's clear that hatchet is way to deep she's choking the life out of her kids people would roast Wanda alive if she became buddy buddy with her after that.
    I think she was just holding them in place as advantage so she could get what she wanted from Wanda, not actually hurting them. And as we saw in that still for episode 9, the twins are fine. Unless there is some twist in the finale and she sacrifices the boys for some entity or something like that, I don't think she crossed any line that would be deemed unforgivable. Agatha, so far, seems very much like a person who can help Wanda, but she achieves her goals through all of the wrong means.

    Also I gotta say coming into this show with 0 expectations worked out well for me I never cared about MCU Wanda or Vision or the relationship. And just taking the show at face value has really allowed me to develop some care for the characters like if Vision dies on Friday I will be very sad. When he died in Infinity War I laughed at it the second time because it was practically comical.

  3. #2178
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    4,368

    Default

    Oh, I know why they do it. I just don't think it's necessary. Thor did just fine with Loki as the villain. Meanwhile, guys like Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Ant-man, Dr. Strange and Black Panther are fighting minor nobodies.

  4. #2179
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    4,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Hard to say if there are any really clear-cut bad guys in this show. If anything, the three characters who drive the conflict of the show (Wanda, Hayward, Agatha) are varying shades of grey from what we've seen.

    It's hard to see how Wanda gets welcomed back to the Avengers at this point. You could definitely say the same thing about other Avengers though.
    Yeah, no one is outright evil as well can tell, at least not yet.

  5. #2180
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    4,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think she was just holding them in place as advantage so she could get what she wanted from Wanda, not actually hurting them. And as we saw in that still for episode 9, the twins are fine. Unless there is some twist in the finale and she sacrifices the boys for some entity or something like that, I don't think she crossed any line that would be deemed unforgivable. Agatha, so far, seems very much like a person who can help Wanda, but she achieves her goals through all of the wrong means.
    that's true but I still don't know if i'd trust anyone who did that to my kids, fake or not!

  6. #2181
    Astonishing Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    that's true but I still don't know if i'd trust anyone who did that to my kids, fake or not!
    Honestly this, intentions don't matter in the grand scheme actions have consequences. On the very small, miniscule chance this is all being done to "help" Wanda that doesn't negate the horrible things she's done such as a killing a puppy for no reason, tricking Vision and giving him the push to leave Westview, doing so which potentially caused Billy to go through a traumatic event of watching his father "die" for all intents and purposes, forcing Wanda to relive her trauma, bringing back her dead "brother" just to break her, and now the climax of strangling kids.

    Their is no plausible way for Wanda to buddy up with her that doesn't make her look like one a pushover, & two a bad mom. The mentorship is just unrealistic at this point she's evil, & she's the villain.

  7. #2182
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    that's true but I still don't know if i'd trust anyone who did that to my kids, fake or not!
    I'm not saying she should just blindly trust Agatha. I can definitely see future writers still portraying some sort of antagonism between them, and that would be ok. I just don't think she's so far gone that there wouldn't be a reluctant team-up between them every now and then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Honestly this, intentions don't matter in the grand scheme actions have consequences. On the very small, miniscule chance this is all being done to "help" Wanda that doesn't negate the horrible things she's done such as a killing a puppy for no reason, tricking Vision and giving him the push to leave Westview, doing so which potentially caused Billy to go through a traumatic event of watching his father "die" for all intents and purposes, forcing Wanda to relive her trauma, bringing back her dead "brother" just to break her, and now the climax of strangling kids.

    Their is no plausible way for Wanda to buddy up with her that doesn't make her look like one a pushover, & two a bad mom. The mentorship is just unrealistic at this point she's evil, & she's the villain.
    Please, that's not even as bad as what Loki did in the first Avengers movie. Think of the scale of destruction and death he caused in that movie alone. And now he's the reluctant anti-hero of his own show. We have to learn to differentiate what we personally feel vs what the narrative is telling us. The show, so far, hasn't shown Agatha as being at a point of no return. If future writers want to redeem her to some extent, they can do that.

  8. #2183
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    4,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm not saying she should just blindly trust Agatha. I can definitely see future writers still portraying some sort of antagonism between them, and that would be ok. I just don't think she's so far gone that there wouldn't be a reluctant team-up between them every now and then.
    I was just trying to be funny.


    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Please, that's not even as bad as what Loki did in the first Avengers movie. Think of the scale of destruction and death he caused in that movie alone. And now he's the reluctant anti-hero of his own show. We have to learn to differentiate what we personally feel vs what the narrative is telling us. The show, so far, hasn't shown Agatha as being at a point of no return. If future writers want to redeem her to some extent, they can do that.
    I don't believe she's beyond redemption, but I wouldn't expect Scarlet Witch to forgive her immediately after everything that's happened.

  9. #2184
    Astonishing Member Albert1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I agree. I like pretty much all the actors in the MCU except Gwyneth Paltrow, although she did have the best relationship chemistry with another actor in the series, at least to me.

    WandaVision really allowed the acting to come through, so I hope for more of the same. I'm also excited to see the new actors.
    I agree. Olsen, Bettany, Hahn and Peters have been awesome. So that was great. I do think Paltrow had a good vibe with RDJ. But that's because they've been friends for years. And it shows.

  10. #2185
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I hope so. I too felt they weren't used properly. And I hated how Quicksilver was sacrificed for Hawkeye (and Black Widow too)

    I feel Falcon, WS and Hawkeye are bland, but I think the shows will give them more characterization. I want to like all the characters. Although Hawkeye using a bow still seems stupid to me after all these years.

    I'm intrigued by She-Hulk and Armor Wars.
    They've had sufficient characterization so far, it's just not characterization you like it however doesn't make it nonexistent
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Oh, I know why they do it. I just don't think it's necessary. Thor did just fine with Loki as the villain. Meanwhile, guys like Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Ant-man, Dr. Strange and Black Panther are fighting minor nobodies.
    I question how the entire Kree race can be counted as minor, or someone who very nearly became the sole ruler of Wakanda
    Last edited by Jewel Runner; 03-03-2021 at 01:59 PM.

  11. #2186
    Astonishing Member Albert1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,186

    Default

    I legit cannot think of a worst way the writers could sabotage this journey of a character dealing with trauma than shoehorning in fucking "Ultraphisto" as the bad guy in the very last episode. BUT, I wouldn't be surprised if Nightmare/Chthon or whatever shows up in the post-credit scenes cackling with glee over the damage they wrought. Sure it would be corny, but it's a distinct possibility.

  12. #2187

    Default

    Chthon could be just mentioned but not really shown. This vague omnipotency that is just behind the book.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  13. #2188
    Astonishing Member Albert1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Chthon could be just mentioned but not really shown. This vague omnipotency that is just behind the book.
    On the advice of my CBR financial advisor (GenericUsername), I've decided to sell SOME of my Nightmare stocks. But I still think he can play a peripheral role in WandaVision. I fully expect somebody to be added. Agatha did not write the Darkhold, likely didn't create that nexus point and her defense at the witch trial seemed to be a shock to her. Maybe that one was she didn't realize her full power though. Regardless the Darkhold on the table is major. She did not write it and its power is something she taps into and doesn't create in some form. I think SWORD and White Vision will be the main villains, the main journey will be purely Wanda overcoming her grief and letting Vision go, and Agatha will be sort of a Chaotic Neutral character. Maybe the big reveal will be a Multiverse thing, but other than that, I think they will keep it simple and character-focused. Well, that's my hope at least. And since I've been focusing on Wanda a little bit more lately due to the fact that the last few episodes were more devoted to her, I've decided to read up a little on the Vision again (especially after the White Vision reveal. Wow, I never thought the MCU would bring in the "Silver Surfer" version of Vision on screen. That's how I was introduced to him way back when. How comic booky!). Looper did a pretty good job, in my opinion, of describing the rules Vision has to follow in the MCU:

    https://www.looper.com/346898/rules-...ow-in-the-mcu/

  14. #2189
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    4,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    They've had sufficient characterization so far, it's just not characterization you like it however doesn't make it nonexistent
    Sorry, didn't mean to say it's non-existent, but I found them to be too bland.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    I question how the entire Kree race can be counted as minor, or someone who very nearly became the sole ruler of Wakanda
    I meant Yon-Rogg is barely anything in the comics, and Killmonger really hasn't appeared that much. Klaw is more of BP's nemesis.

  15. #2190
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    4,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I legit cannot think of a worst way the writers could sabotage this journey of a character dealing with trauma than shoehorning in fucking "Ultraphisto" as the bad guy in the very last episode. BUT, I wouldn't be surprised if Nightmare/Chthon or whatever shows up in the post-credit scenes cackling with glee over the damage they wrought. Sure it would be corny, but it's a distinct possibility.
    I think the problem with her being entirely responsible is it makes her look evil, unless she goes through some redemption path.

    I don't know if it will be Chthon, because Mephisto is way bigger of a villain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •