Page 17 of 283 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, HoM casts a long shadow on Wanda and I know her fans are tired of that always being in the back of everyone's minds. But even setting the source material aside, we've seen Wanda struggle and make questionable choices within the MCU; there's the whole thing with Hydra and Ultron of course, but we've also seen her have a hard time coming to the "heroic" conclusion, and has often had trouble overcoming her own fear (which is usually when Hawkeye comes in with a "get off your ass" speech) and beneath it all, her trauma has been simmering and slowly coming to a boil. Not hard to imagine her making a selfish choice in West View, given the circumstances.

But on the bright side, the MCU often does a better job telling a story than the source material they borrow from and I find it unlikely that Wanda will end up a legit villain, even if she does make a few wrong calls before the final episode ends.

A hero v. hero fight is virtually a foregone conclusion of course, but that's to be expected (it *is* Marvel, after all). My money is on Wanda having to face off against the real Vision, reprogrammed and likely without any emotions....but it might be Monica instead.

It's a magical place.

At the beginning, sure she had a hard time with the heroic conclusion. Wanda has had a lot of growth since then. And even Liz seemed confused about people thinking she's gonna be a villain here. Because a lot has changed.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Who would win, Wanda (House of W) Vs. Doctor Strange?
    WandaVision: Wanda's More Powerful Than Dr Strange | Pop Culture Explained
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSOux6wJsls

Astonishing Member

Any revealed schedule about when the next episodes will come out?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Any revealed schedule about when the next episodes will come out?
    They come out every Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I could be wrong but I think GenericUsername was talking about Tahiti from Agents of SHIELD.
    Oh I see, thank you. I'm not familiar with the Marvel TV stuff. I only saw the movies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    They come out every Friday.
    Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Oh I see, thank you. I'm not familiar with the Marvel TV stuff. I only saw the movies.
    Sorry, I missed this one somehow. Yes, it was when Coulson was soaped by Hydra and put into a dream world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejK6jOzuuyc

I made mention of it because the blue soap makes an appearance in the third ad in Wandavision.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Sorry, I missed this one somehow. Yes, it was when Coulson was soaped by Hydra and put into a dream world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejK6jOzuuyc

I made mention of it because the blue soap makes an appearance in the third ad in Wandavision.
    No need to apologize. I was just ignorant. I do think members of the tourist industry in French Polynesia would be quite upset to find out that the islands that they live on are not real. LOL!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-24-2021 at 09:16 PM.

I hate to admit it, but I sort of agree with this critic's analysis of WandaVision thus far:

https://www.news-gazette.com/arts-en...bbe9db90c.html

I think Marvel Studios should be given the benefit the doubt and our trust that this show will improve in the future, but I must say things are just moving TOO slow for me. And although I wouldn't say the series is totally NOT funny, I was expecting more of a Whedon/Gunn/Waititi style humor for it. My opinions on the MCU have changed a lot by watching the show. Surprisingly, like Cruelrain, I think the romantic element of the show has been really compelling. Usually I don't like that kind of thing, but Olsen's and Bettany's chemistry is making it work. Another thing is that I actually prefer it now when Wanda and Vision are SERIOUS. I love MCU humor, but for some reason, the humor is not really enhancing either of these characters in my opinion. And while I still think the movies rush storylines too much, WandaVision is just dragging things out for far too long. I really like both of these characters, the performers and the risk Marvel Studios is taking in doing this project, but things are just moving so slowly in a way that's hurting it in my view. And a poster on another forum stated the following:

"I'm sorry but in no way was Vision being dumb cuz his robot guts got gummed up or Wanda shooing away a stork funny or entertaining. It just isn't."

I sort of have to agree there if I'm being honest. With the potential of a "new" Quicksilver appearing, things could get even more confusing and complicated. I really hope Feige and company know what they're doing. Parris, Bettany and Schaeffer have already made some comments that the show will have a rewarding conclusion (but for them to even come out to make those statements shows that there is some concern that viewers are growing impatient). I was talking with my dad about a movie we both enjoy: The Bridge on the River Kwai. Now that's a really LONG film, but if you watch it, you don't feel impatient or frustrated. It moves along at a nice clip, and you don't ever feel disengaged. David Lean and Peter Taylor did an awesome job of PACING that picture. I just don't feel the same way with WandaVision. If Disney forced Marvel Studios to stretch out the series, that is truly regrettable. And if the "tepid pace" of the show continues in the next third of the series like it did in the first, I think we'll have a problem on our hands. Don't get me wrong, I'm actually really enjoying WandaVision, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit frustrated. On an unrelated note, I just feel terrible for Anthony Mackie. I remember reading how his son cried when he found out his dad was gonna become Captain America last year. And now we have this news that Chris Evans is coming back to reprise the role? I think that's such a dick move on Disney's part if it's true. I've been a total shill for Marvel Studios ever since I joined these threads, but if the rumors I'm hearing of Peters replacing ATJ and Evans reclaiming his "title" from Mackie are indeed what's gonna happen, I'll be really disappointed. And trust me, I'm not the only one who will feel that way.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-24-2021 at 09:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I just glad they’re using classic sitcom style humor.

The Whedon/Gunn/Waititi is old hat for the MCU at this point. Besides, we know that style of humor is still going to be used on some of the upcoming projects.

The sitcom tv format ironically serves as fresh here. Plus with the slow burn, it looks like MCU isn’t afraid to go outside it’s comfort zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I just glad they’re using classic sitcom style humor.

The Whedon/Gunn/Waititi is old hat for the MCU at this point. Besides, we know that style of humor is still going to be used on some of the upcoming projects.

The sitcom tv format ironically serves as fresh here. Plus with the slow burn, it looks like MCU isn’t afraid to go outside it’s comfort zone.
    Yes, I appreciate what Marvel Studios is doing here. And I will praise them for giving us something totally new and different. And sitcoms are a lot of fun. But if a lot of younger folks were exposed to the humor of the Beverly Hillbillies and Gilligan's Island today, they'd go what the **** is that? I think it would be too "old-fashioned" for them. That's why I'm worried younger generations might not appreciate the humor of WandaVision thus far. I don't mind slow burns at all, but I feel the show is kind of meandering right now. And I will confess, I do prefer the Whedon/Gunn/Waititi man-child humor which we've all grown to know and love. I love quips.

I hate to admit it, but I sort of agree with this critic's analysis of WandaVision thus far:

https://www.news-gazette.com/arts-en...bbe9db90c.html

I think Marvel Studios should be given the benefit the doubt and our trust that this show will improve in the future, but I must say things are just moving TOO slow for me. And although I wouldn't say the series is totally NOT funny, I was expecting more of a Whedon/Gunn/Waititi style humor for it. My opinions on the MCU have changed a lot by watching the show. Surprisingly, like Cruelrain, I think the romantic element of the show has been really compelling. Usually I don't like that kind of thing, but Olsen's and Bettany's chemistry is making it work. Another thing is that I actually prefer it now when Wanda and Vision are SERIOUS. I love MCU humor, but for some reason, the humor is not really enhancing either of these characters in my opinion. And while I still think the movies rush storylines too much, WandaVision is just dragging things out for far too long. I really like both of these characters, the performers and the risk Marvel Studios is taking in doing this project, but things are just moving so slowly in a way that's hurting it in my view. And a poster on another forum stated the following:

"I'm sorry but in no way was Vision being dumb cuz his robot guts got gummed up or Wanda shooing away a stork funny or entertaining. It just isn't."

I sort of have to agree there if I'm being honest. With the potential of a "new" Quicksilver appearing, things could get even more confusing and complicated. I really hope Feige and company know what they're doing. Parris, Bettany and Schaeffer have already made some comments that the show will have a rewarding conclusion (but for them to even come out to make those statements shows that there is some concern that viewers are growing impatient). I was talking with my dad about a movie we both enjoy: The Bridge on the River Kwai. Now that's a really LONG film, but if you watch it, you don't feel impatient or frustrated. It moves along at a nice clip, and you don't ever feel disengaged. David Lean and Peter Taylor did an awesome job of PACING that picture. I just don't feel the same way with WandaVision. If Disney forced Marvel Studios to stretch out the series, that is truly regrettable. And if the "tepid pace" of the show continues in the next third of the series like it did in the first, I think we'll have a problem on our hands. Don't get me wrong, I'm actually really enjoying WandaVision, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit frustrated. On an unrelated note, I just feel terrible for Anthony Mackie. I remember reading how his son cried when he found out his dad was gonna become Captain America last year. And now we have this news that Chris Evans is coming back to reprise the role? I think that's such a dick move on Disney's part if it's true. I've been a total shill for Marvel Studios ever since I joined these threads, but if the rumors I'm hearing of Peters replacing ATJ and Evans reclaiming his "title" from Mackie are indeed what's gonna happen, I'll be really disappointed. And trust me, I'm not the only one who will feel that way.
    Evans posted on Twitter that it was the first he's heard of it. And while that could be a way of keeping things from being spoiled, it seems like he is done for now.

The other rumors are just that too for now. Until the show confirms or denies it. I don't think they'd make a mess of things like a lot of theories suggest though. Because they are all over the place and in general the MCU has not been that.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-24-2021 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Evans posted on Twitter that it was the first he's heard of it. And while that could be a way of keeping things from being spoiled, it seems like he is done for now.

The other rumors are just that too for now. Until the show confirms or denies it. I don't think they'd make a mess of things like a lot of theories suggest though. Because they are all over the place and in general the MCU has not been that.
    Let's hope so. I just don't want the MCU to be as confusing as the comic books. That's why I simply don't agree with the "nerds" demanding that Magneto be Wanda's father and Jarvis being replaced by Wonder Man in helping to create Vision. We are already one third into WandaVision, I just don't want more unnecessary additions to this series. I don't think Marvel Studios will do any of that, but it's annoying to hear stuff like that from the "geek" community so often. I just want WandaVision to celebrate Wanda and Vision without having this superfluous stuff added on.

Let's hope so. I just don't want the MCU to be as confusing as the comic books. That's why I simply don't agree with the "nerds" demanding that Magneto be Wanda's father and Jarvis being replaced by Wonder Man in helping to create Vision. We are already one third into WandaVision, I just don't want more unnecessary additions to this series. I don't think Marvel Studios will do any of that, but it's annoying to hear stuff like that from the "geek" community so often. I just want WandaVision to celebrate Wanda and Vision without having this superfluous stuff added on.
    Agreed. I like the stream-lining of things. And also don't want the mess that comics have become.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-24-2021 at 11:59 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I also found the first two chapters quite slow but I think Episode 3 made up for that in the sense that the main storyline is being brought to the surface little by little and by looking out for the clues around there. I understand why some fans may feel impatient, especially those who are not comic books fans but I think the mystery and the slow pace will be worth it in the end to really makes us feel for the characters especially when things get out of control and either Vision or Wanda end in a bad place after this or Vision goes back to being death, I actually can see an scenario where he ask Wanda to let him go so she´s freed from this sitcom reality.

I don´t think Evan Peters is going to replace ATJ, I love what he did with Quicksilver but I believe he honestly is just going to be there to show the reality gettig broken and the multiverse briging other characters from other realities and I can see marvel, well more like Kevin Feige, using this opportunity to have Peter´s Quicksilver interact with MCU Wanda which has been something some fans have been wanting to see at some point.

ATJ is going to be brought back and maybe even have a side plot with the inhumans. Kevin Feige was asked recently about Wanda´s family and while he said WandaVision is the show for her and Vis to develop their story, her family could be found around there in the next chapters so I would not worry about Peters Quicksilver replacing ATJ in the MCU, I think there´s a bigger probability we are going to see them both working together at some point in the Wandavision series or in Dr Strange and the multiverse of madness.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022