Page 156 of 283 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    The first link had the interview where Shakman said they looked to everything for inspiration,

the second link is just the journalist's own interpretation that they are following Robinson's solo for the origin, other than "Scarlet Witch" being a legacy title, I haven't seen all that much similarity between the two stories, maybe the "psychiatrist" issue where Ringmaster pretended to be her therapist or whatever if you squint really hard and replace Ringmaster with Agatha. I saw a more obvious connection to the 90's limited series, with the nexus being addressed and the dark magic book in the basement.

There's still time to credit Robinson in the last episode, but it's not like the entire series was built around his run. Byrne, Mantlo and Englehart seem to be a far greater influence overall.
    Totally agree with you. Won't get any argument from me. I love your analysis of those articles. I definitely think Byrne, Mantlo, Englehart, Bendis and King had greater influences on WandaVision than Robinson, but I hope he gets some recognition too. His series was really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think Visions will fight each other and then merge with one another

I agree, I don't think Dr. Strange will actually fight
    Yes, I think the Visions could merge with each other, but that could lead to their mutual destruction. It'll be crazy. If Vision "dies", I'll be very sad. We've been hearing Bettany's voice in some way or another for most of the past thirteen years!!! He's such a big part of MCU history.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yes, I think the Visions could merge with each other, but that could lead to their mutual destruction. It'll be crazy. If Vision "dies", I'll be very sad. We've been hearing Bettany's voice in some way or another for most of the past thirteen years!!! He's such a big part of MCU history.
    I agree. And Vision has been underused during the MCU. But if he dies, I hope it's a worthy send off

Extraordinary Member

Feige and co. have a habit of taking individual ideas from comic runs rather than adapting them. After all, we still haven't really seen anything directly taken from "Vision" except the name of the dog. Robinson's series supplied the idea of "Scarlet Witch" as an actual magic title instead of just the non-literal mutant codename it originally was. Byrne's "West Coast Avengers" supplied Vision being dismantled by the government and rebuilt as an emotionless white robot. The 1998 Avengers relaunch supplied "chaos magic" and there are a few bits inspired by Englehart's "Vision and the Scarlet Witch" like Agatha being executed at the stake by her fellow witches.

I agree. And Vision has been underused during the MCU. But if he dies, I hope it's a worthy send off
    But so have Hawkeye, War Machine, Nick Fury, Falcon, and Winter Soldier. That's why these Disney Plus shows are so great! They are getting their chances to shine. I think Vision's send off will be worthy. Otherwise Bettany wouldn't be so proud of WandaVision.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Why thank you so much for those kind and lovely words. I know you don't always participate in the discussions here, but I figure you probably keep close tabs on us! Oh yeah, I care about all the characters in WandaVision. The performances have been so great. They're really trying hard. But I really liked how even though Wanda and Vision are co-leads for this series, Vision has taken a bit of a back seat to Wanda and is mainly a supporting character. He doesn't have to say or do much. As Jac Schaeffer and Matt Shakman have stated numerous times in the past, all he has to do is love and support Wanda. And she knows she can count on him. I'm happy Wanda is in the lead here (even though Vision does seem confused most of the time).
    Thank You Albert1981 and indeed I do, All Day at work from the IPhone I try my best to keep up with all the talk and new going on here! I have been on CBR since 2012 and in my Hayday I was on here all the time when I was younger and had more time. Now my life is much more busy and other things I must do, also I don't think I can post as hardcore as I use to, but I try my best, I have become an older dog around here LOL, but the IPhones and IPads make it easier.

Paul has been FAR more of an Amazing Talent and Very Likable then I ever thought, he deserves the best out of this both in the MCU and future roles from this, What he has done with Vision is a Golden Classic that has made many Vision Fans fill with Pride and Joy!

So indeed not undercuting his or anyone elses story, this is Wanda as the central of it, I am Proud of that fact Far More then My Typing can ever say or do justice too and My Love of Wanda goes further beyond that.

Where this ends means the world and the world is focused on Wanda, Never thought this day would be a day to behold!

I just want it to end and go into DS2 for the World seeing Wanda as Great as her Fans and I see her.

We are Almost their and they built it up right, they just need to stick the landing and do right by Wanda the flows right with the story.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Feige and co. have a habit of taking individual ideas from comic runs rather than adapting them. After all, we still haven't really seen anything directly taken from "Vision" except the name of the dog. Robinson's series supplied the idea of "Scarlet Witch" as an actual magic title instead of just the non-literal mutant codename it originally was. Byrne's "West Coast Avengers" supplied Vision being dismantled by the government and rebuilt as an emotionless white robot. The 1998 Avengers relaunch supplied "chaos magic" and there are a few bits inspired by Englehart's "Vision and the Scarlet Witch" like Agatha being executed at the stake by her fellow witches.
    Yes, I really enjoy and like the creative decisions Marvel Studios has made relating to the use of the original source material. The picking and choosing and creating new concepts all-together has been phenomenal. I've said it MANY times on these threads, I LOVE it when the MCU changes things from the comic books. If nerds and fanboys love the comics so much, they are free to read them whenever they want. Some of even the great stories in the comics can be highly problematic, and I think it's wonderful how they have improved them on screen. I had no problem with the Mandarin twist, Ultron being an extension of Stark's personality, changing the ethnicity of the Ancient One, JARVIS creating Vision and Wanda and Pietro turning out not to be mutants. Marvel Studios made these decisions for very valid reasons in my opinion. Turning Batman and Superman into murderers and the Amazing Spider-Man and Daredevil into assholes are changes I did not approve of though.

Ultimate Member

But so have Hawkeye, War Machine, Nick Fury, Falcon, and Winter Soldier. That's why these Disney Plus shows are so great! They are getting their chances to shine. I think Vision's send off will be worthy. Otherwise Bettany wouldn't be so proud of WandaVision.
    I agree. I think all the characters will benefit from this, as well as the new D+ characters

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Thank You Albert1981 and indeed I do, All Day at work from the IPhone I try my best to keep up with all the talk and new going on here! I have been on CBR since 2012 and in my Hayday I was on here all the time when I was younger and had more time. Now my life is much more busy and other things I must do, also I don't think I can post as hardcore as I use to, but I try my best, I have become an older dog around here LOL, but the IPhones and IPads make it easier.

Paul has been FAR more of an Amazing Talent and Very Likable then I ever thought, he deserves the best out of this both in the MCU and future roles from this, What he has done with Vision is a Golden Classic that has made many Vision Fans fill with Pride and Joy!

So indeed not undercuting his or anyone elses story, this is Wanda as the central of it, I am Proud of that fact Far More then My Typing can ever say or do justice too and My Love of Wanda goes further beyond that.

Where this ends means the world and the world is focused on Wanda, Never thought this day would be a day to behold!

I just want it to end and go into DS2 for the World seeing Wanda as Great as her Fans and I see her.

We are Almost their and they built it up right, they just need to stick the landing and do right by Wanda the flows right with the story.
    You are an old dog, but still an alpha one dude! A true CBR veteran. Your devotion to Wanda Maximoff is the envy of these forums. But yeah, life gets busy. I know what you mean. I'm happy Wanda is finally getting her chance to shine. I'm not knocking Vision fans (I am one), but I'm really happy that his job is to build her up for Doctor Strange 2. He doesn't have to do anything else. Let Wanda take the lead. And he has.

I agree. I think all the characters will benefit from this, as well as the new D+ characters
    I'm grateful Feige is using Disney Plus to highlight the more "C-list" characters in the MCU. There's no way that they could have thrived in the films like they do in the shows. I don't consider television to be a step down at all. I grew up watching television and hardly went to the theaters myself. So I love this format.

Ultimate Member

Well, they made Guardians into a film and they're more C-List than even the secondary and tertiary Avengers

Well, they made Guardians into a film and they're more C-List than even the secondary and tertiary Avengers
    That's true. I never even heard of them before the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I feel like they're overhyping it a bit now...I mean how much can happen in one episode (with maybe half of it being credits)?

Ultimate Member

Something big must be coming