Page 172 of 283 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I honestly would have preferred if there a fight scene between Monica and Wanda, with Monica not being able to know what she's capable of and Wanda being too all over the place. Then Agatha should have tried to help Wanda with controlling her powers and also helping with her mental state, essentially becoming a voice of reason.

Then you've set up a conflict of Monica and Wanda, with Monica knowing she has to learn what she can do, Agatha serving as the mentor to Wanda and Wanda having to let go in order to become healthy.

The way they handled it all was very poor in my opinion.
    That would have been cool.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I was kinda put off by Monicas comment at the end "They don't really know what you sacrificed for them" when it was Wanda that imprisoned them. Granted no one on earth can really do anything about it but still it left a bad taste in my mouth.
    I think a lot of folks online HATED Monica's line at the end there. It was so inappropriate. Monica's defense of Wanda has reached preposterous levels. As a member of SWORD she has an obligation to be concerned about the hostages in Westview first and foremost, regardless of her sympathy for Wanda's pain.

Extraordinary Member

I was kinda put off by Monicas comment at the end "They don't really know what you sacrificed for them" when it was Wanda that imprisoned them. Granted no one on earth can really do anything about it but still it left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Yeah, if the writers were going to make Wanda guilty of torture -- and they basically did, the only excuse was that until this episode she was in deep denial about what she was doing to these people -- they shouldn't have had Monica downplay what happened. It doesn't even make Monica seem likable, just stupid. It's the same with Wanda's curse on Agatha -- the question is not why she does it but why Vision and Monica don't seem to care about her continuing the whole mental-torture thing.

I think Feige and co. are in love with teasing the question of whether Wanda will end up a hero or villain. Agatha points out, correctly, that "heroes don't torture people," and Agatha shoots down Wanda's smug "I didn't do it on purpose" moment. The point of making Wanda guilty, with no Big Bad except her own grief, is to tease that maybe she won't end up as a hero or at least that she'll make the Scarlet Witch prophecy come true.

And I'm just tired of Wanda being treated like that when we never have to worry that Carol or Monica or any of the other heroines will go evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You thought so? The last episode set up her motivation in this one quite clear. Nothing with Agatha in the finale came across as a shock bc she was thirsty for Wanda's powers. She was helping herself, not Wanda
    I was hoping that since Agatha broke Wanda through to reality and really helped her more than any other character, she might either do a face-turn or turn out not to be evil after all. Like a lot of my hopes for this show it collapsed today. That's what I get for hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I'm not upset about the recasting decision for that reason. I'm upset that it took away valuable screen time for other people to have their characters fleshed out more (Monica, Darcy, Jimmy, Agatha and Hayward in particular). And the idea that this was a show about Wanda overcoming her depression and grief was sort of undermined by typical MCU third act CGI hijinks. I think the message that this show was promoting for the first (GREAT) 8 episodes gets lost because of that. People just won't take that seriously. I don't wanna hear about Wanda having the capability to destroy the world and being stronger than Doctor Strange. That's just more set-ups for future movies and shows. And in my eyes Wanda still looks miserable AND is gonna be hated by a lot of folks living in the MCU. I was worried something like this would happen.
    Well they did tell us this is only the beginning of Wanda's story and that Monica's would take place in Captain Marvel 2. So it's a lot like comics to me, where it's just gonna continue in another run.

I don't like Agatha being turned into the cheap jealous villain that is power hungry, but Wanda did say they'd see each other again. So maybe there will be more at some point that makes her more complex. Not gonna hold my breath on that one, but it would be nice. Even if it happens in a tie-in comic.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I honestly would have preferred if there a fight scene between Monica and Wanda, with Monica not being able to know what she's capable of and Wanda being too all over the place. Then Agatha should have tried to help Wanda with controlling her powers and also helping with her mental state, essentially becoming a voice of reason.

Then you've set up a conflict of Monica and Wanda, with Monica knowing she has to learn what she can do, Agatha serving as the mentor to Wanda and Wanda having to let go in order to become healthy.

The way they handled it all was very poor in my opinion.
    I figured Wanda and Monica would NEVER fight because Monica has been defending Wanda the ENTIRE time during this series. It's absolutely blinded her to what was going on in Westview and I thought that portrayal was ridiculous. I've said so for many weeks. Her defense of Wanda just wasn't earned in my opinion. The show just wanted to make Hayward evil and we still don't know why he's behaved the way he did. I loved the first eight episodes (with varying degrees) of the series, but I think they could have used two or three more to wrap things up properly.

Didn't Olsen say that herself or am I remembering that wrong?
    She said there would be a surprising cameo but the Luke Skywalker comparison didn't come from her. She clearly meant Evan Peters.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I figured Wanda and Monica would NEVER fight because Monica has been defending Wanda the ENTIRE time during this series. It's absolutely blinded her to what was going on in Westview and I thought that portrayal was ridiculous. I've said so for many weeks. Her defense of Wanda just wasn't earned in my opinion. The show just wanted to make Hayward evil and we still don't know why he's behaved the way he did. I loved the first eight episodes (with varying degrees) of the series, but I think they could have used two or three more to wrap things up properly.
    But he isn't actually "evil", though. He's just your standard military dude who takes drastic measures to try to get things wrapped up. Did you completely blank during his presentations when he basically explained why he thought Wanda was a weapon? Not saying he was "right", but his motivations are pretty cut and dry.

Talk about landing the ending. This was so good. I would take these type of shows over the movies any day of the week. I'm glad i waited after the first episode and let some build up, i don't mind the format in hindsight because i know myself and i can just wait. I totallly enjoyed this more than i thought i would and it was just a really fun experience. The quality was also top notch and i just got a new tv after having one for like 12 years because like it still works but i pulled the trigger and so all the stars aligned. This is the first time i felt my Disneyy + was worth it besides Ducktales Reboot and X-men TAS. Though Mandalorian was good too.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Well they did tell us this is only the beginning of Wanda's story and that Monica's would take place in Captain Marvel 2. So it's a lot like comics to me, where it's just gonna continue in another run.

I don't like Agatha being turned into the cheap jealous villain that is power hungry, but Wanda did say they'd see each other again. So maybe there will be more at some point that makes her more complex. Not gonna hold my breath on that one, but it would be nice. Even if it happens in a tie-in comic.
    I understand Monica will get more "coverage" in future MCU stuff, so I'm okay with her diminished role in WandaVision. I hope this show hasn't ruined Agatha permanently. At least they didn't kill her off. Maybe she comes back a hero later on, I dunno. I'm just disappointed Marvel Studios followed the comics in doing the whole Wanda does bad things and Vision going white thing again. I wanted something new and different. Those things didn't help Wanda and Vision grow as characters. Why duplicate it on screen? Like gurkle said, I'm tired of Wanda being teased as a villain so much. No other female superheroes in the Marvel Universe besides Jean Grey have to endure this bullshit.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-05-2021 at 02:30 PM.

Mighty Member

I feel like once you know what's going on, there's no way you can really defend what Wanda is doing.
    I gathered that she tried to help her more than anything, but there was a point where Wanda went too far
    It would have been a cool payoff after their little skirmish in episode 3 (or 4).

Ultimate Member

I feel Monica should have been more skeptical of things.

Why was Monica even here? Given the finale, I don't see what she brought to the show, or show she pushed the story forward.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    But he isn't actually "evil", though. He's just your standard military dude who takes drastic measures to try to get things wrapped up. Did you completely blank during his presentations when he basically explained why he thought Wanda was a weapon? Not saying he was "right", but his motivations are pretty cut and dry.
    In Episode 4, Hayward was pretty much a sympathetic and even caring as Monica's boss. And I understand his presentations where he thought Wanda was a weapon, but then he started taking cheap shots at Monica about how it was good thing that she wasn't there when her mother died and how she didn't have the stomach to work as a leader in SWORD. The show just wanted to make him a dick instead of a more nuanced character.

I feel like once you know what's going on, there's no way you can really defend what Wanda is doing.
    I gathered that she tried to help her more than anything, but there was a point where Wanda went too far
    It would have been a cool payoff after their little skirmish in episode 3 (or 4).
    Yes, that would have made sense. But Monica was basically the show's advocate for Wanda (along with Jimmy and Darcy). And it wasn't earned. Saying somebody "feels grief" doesn't justify what was going on in Westview.

I understand Monica will get more "coverage" in future MCU stuff, so I'm okay with her diminished role in WandaVision. I hope this show hasn't ruined Agatha permanently. At least they didn't kill her off. Maybe she comes back a hero later on, I dunno. I'm just disappointed Marvel Studios followed the comics in doing the whole Wanda does bad things and Vision going white thing again. I wanted something new and different. Those things didn't help Wanda and Vision grow as characters. Why duplicate it on screen? Like gurkle said, I'm tired of Wanda being teased as a villain so much. No other female superheroes in the Marvel Universe besides Jean Grey have to endure this bullshit.
    Ruined her? I doubt it. Agatha was my favorite character and the breakout of the show with Wanda for me being a close second. I would watch a Agatha show in a heartbeat.

And i felt bad for wanda. it was grief with super powers. It's not like she set out to deceive or hurt anyone and once she felt the other people pain and they told her, she let them out. The writer did a good job imo of shielding wanda in the sense that she wasn't trying to hurt anyone. Some people purposefully go bomb places or shoot people or do henious things but with a power even as great as hers that's not what she did. For the most part it was reactionary, she was able to literally create a safe space. I think those that spent time there have a right to hate her and i wouldn't begrudge them but as a viewer i don't blame wanda and she came off as very sympathetic.
    Last edited by jwatson; 03-05-2021 at 02:38 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/