Page 8 of 283 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Probably a mix of all the traumas she's been through.

You'll notice that the first two fake commercials are based on terrible things that happened to her: the "Stark Toaster" is the Stark missile that killed her parents, and the "Strucker watch" refers to her time as a HYDRA lab experiment. As the show progresses I expect we'll see commercials based on other things that have ruined her life.
    Stark toaster seems like more of a reference to Vision. Who when mocked, gets called a toaster in comics. He re-imagined Wanda calling him that in his solo book.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-18-2021 at 09:49 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Stark toaster seems like more of a reference to Vision. Who when mocked, gets called a toaster in comics. He re-imagined Wanda calling him that in his solo book.
    Yes, "toaster" is a reference to Vision and so is the watch in the second commercial, because one of the last things Vision said to her is "we are out of time." So they may be doubling up points from Wanda's backstory (a Stark Industries product that takes a long time to work and wiped out her and Pietro's past) with the history of her relationship with Vision.

I would bet being a toaster of all things was a nod to Vision, but the idea of a Stark product with all the beeping is meant to be about Wanda. Feige confirmed it on an interview.

"A device with the Stark Industries logo and a beeping red button may mean more to people who know Wanda's past from the MCU among other things"
    https://collider.com/kevin-feige-int...cret-invasion/

I've seen speculation that the pair in the commercial are supposed to represent Wanda and Pietro's parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    There wasn't much room for him to do much. Usually, comics-wise, characters like Vision and other B-list Avengers shine in the week to week non-event stuff in Avengers comics (or, the soap opera portions of the comic, if we're being honest). But the way the movies shook out you had Avengers 1 being the big initial team-up origin story, and Avengers 3 and 4 being the summer event crossover. That meant all the regular week-to-week, comic-to-comic Avengers stuff had to be done in Age of Ultron. And Whedon tried to fit it all in. That movie introduced one of the Avengers more personal foes (Ultron), introduced three B-list Avengers (Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Vision), did some romance stuff with the characters he had sole control over (Black Widow and Banner), killed off another character he had control over (Quicksilver), revealed a big secret about one character (Hawkeye has a family!?) and ended it all with a lineup change. He used practically every tool in an Avengers comic writer's toolkit for creating a costumed soap opera. It was a lot but he did it. But once the franchise got past that movie, there wasn't enough room for everyone to do something.
    It's just specifically in action scenes he's either outright missing (Lagos) because he could have resolved the plot immediately or just not really doing anything (the airport fight aside from blasting Rhodey or the fight against Corvus and Proxima) because he was too overpowered for the Russo's to know what to do with him so they kept handicapping him.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I would bet being a toaster of all things was a nod to Vision, but the idea of a Stark product with all the beeping is meant to be about Wanda. Feige confirmed it on an interview.

"A device with the Stark Industries logo and a beeping red button may mean more to people who know Wanda's past from the MCU among other things"
    https://collider.com/kevin-feige-int...cret-invasion/
    Vision was by proxy a Stark product as well. It was his creation of sentient robots that lead to Ultron, which lead to Vision's creation. So that's why I leaned towards him.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Anyone think that the Soul Gem Vision has is real?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Anyone think that the Soul Gem Vision has is real?
    There's a scene in the trailer of Wanda touching what looks like the Soul Stone reforming or exploding itself, so she may have tried to recreate it.

The toaster is a stand in for the bomb that almost killed Wanda and Pietro when they were kids. That beeping was a bomb

Boisterously Confused

How many of Wanda's abilities in this series you suppose are an artifact of this artificial reality?

Like others, I'm appreciating the idea of a show that goes week to week. It's one of the things I liked about old comics over collected editions. It gave you time to stew on what was going on a bit. The formulate opinions. And even be delighted when you're wrong if done well.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Probably a mix of all the traumas she's been through.

You'll notice that the first two fake commercials are based on terrible things that happened to her: the "Stark Toaster" is the Stark missile that killed her parents, and the "Strucker watch" refers to her time as a HYDRA lab experiment. As the show progresses I expect we'll see commercials based on other things that have ruined her life.
    I'll also throw out there that the watch might be (in part) a reference to the time stone and Wanda having to watch Thanos rewind time, undoing Vision's death just to kill him again. The watch is obviously a nod to her time as a Hydra experiment, possibly a nod to Ultron as well, but might also represent the time stone.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post

These Covers are all CLASSICS, I love the Commanding Wanda and Vision has in the 1st cover!

The 2nd is one of the SweetHeart Moments in Wanda and Vision's Relationship Covers Ever! =)

The last one is Tragic, Very Much So but still amazingly drawn.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I think these are people that went in thinking this show was gonna be like other MCU related things with lots of action. And probably aren't ready for the slow burn and creepy aspects. For those ones, they should probably wait and watch it all in one go in March.
    I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I wasn't talking about action at all. I was talking about PACING. I think the show can be criticized for moving a little bit slowly. I've heard some folks say the first two episodes should have been twenty minutes each and that they didn't need two of them to show that something is really wrong in Wandaworld. I believe that's a legitimate gripe. I also have read that WandaVision is so obsessed with paying tribute to older American sitcoms that they have turned Wanda into "Lucy/Laura Petrie/Samantha and Vision into Ricky/Rob Petrie/Darrin and not really their own characters. A fair criticism in my view. I still have a high opinion of the show and am really enjoying it. I am really happy that Wanda and Vision are getting more time to endear themselves to audiences. But I think they can move things along too.

BANNED

I think its the stark bomb that killed their parents, the whole slow beeping noise that was waaay too creepy and eerie

I've done some thinking about Evan Peters being cast as Quicksilver in WandaVision. People just seem to assume that he'll be the first mutant from Fox that will be introduced into the MCU. I think it's actually a little bit more complicated than that. I think Peters is POSING as Quicksilver in WandaVision. Remember that audition tape that was leaked on YouTube a year ago about the twins talking about their "uncle"? People at the time were excited thinking ATJ was coming back and being a loving uncle to his nephews, right? But if you listen to one of the boys talking, it appears that the twins are actually TERRIFIED of him. They DON'T want to wake him up and they think he's secretly a vampire. I know I'm going out on a LONG limb here, but I think this "Quicksilver" might not be a Fox mutant at all. I think he could be a demon of some sort who enters the Vision household right after Wanda gives birth. I HATE the idea of Quicksilver being a villain in this show, but I actually think it's a real possibility. We'll have to see. I don't like Pietro being portrayed as a bad guy at all.