Page 281 of 283 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283 LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post
    If you mean the people in the hospital, she was trying to save Cap and the people on the ground, That was unintentional. She looked horrified when she saw what happened.
    No, I mean tossing Vision, Black Panther and Black Widow all over the place. She clearly didn't seem to worry about hurting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Except she did hurt several people in Civil War
    If she wanted to hurt them, they would have been. Instead it was something similar to Monica. Compare that to Rhodey being actually hurt by accident from Vision. That's hurt. Anyone Wanda fought got up again. Which would not have happened if she were using the full brunt of her powers.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

No, I mean tossing Vision, Black Panther and Black Widow all over the place. She clearly didn't seem to worry about hurting them.
    Everyone was fighting each other in this movie and only one person got seriously hurt. Wanda wasn't exclusive here.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I didn't like Wanda's line "it still doesn't change how they see me" in the finale* (like many people I wish she had said something like "it doesn't change what I did to them") but I did see someone point out something interesting, that it might be a callback to Vision's line from Civil War, where he said he wanted people to see Wanda the way he does.

I don't know if it's an intentional callback or not, but it's a very depressing callback. What Vision wanted has not happened yet and may never happen.

*Between that and the Monica line that it was replying to, that whole scene could have been written a lot better than it was.
    In reading interviews, the writers didn't seem to understand the character. And how to make it so she does something heavy but takes responsibility.

I think the way Wanda left the whole situation, the series wasn't meant to wrap everything up. It was meant to deal with her loss over her time in the MCU. I feel like the guilt of what she did will carry over to Doctor Strange 2 and be resolved in that film in some form. While it's not lovely to see a character you love do something you don't like, these characters aren't black and white. They have room to screw up and grow. If they were all perfect, it'd make for some boring content. If she goes into an alternate dimension/universe in DS2 and sees another version of herself doing something similar, maybe she'll realize it and take some responsibility for it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    If she wanted to hurt them, they would have been. Instead it was something similar to Monica. Compare that to Rhodey being actually hurt by accident from Vision. That's hurt. Anyone Wanda fought got up again. Which would not have happened if she were using the full brunt of her powers.
    I guess so, but I don't see how not using those mental powers wouldn't have done the same thing. She easily could've messed everyone's minds enough to let the whole team get away

Everyone was fighting each other in this movie and only one person got seriously hurt. Wanda wasn't exclusive here.
    Rhodey getting hurt was just an attempt to raise "muh stakes" because apparently they weren't bloodthirsty enough. But I don't recall other characters actively trying to hurt anyone aside from Black Panther

I guess so, but I don't see how not using those mental powers wouldn't have done the same thing. She easily could've messed everyone's minds enough to let the whole team get away

Rhodey getting hurt was just an attempt to raise "muh stakes" because apparently they weren't bloodthirsty enough. But I don't recall other characters actively trying to hurt anyone aside from Black Panther
    It just wasn't something the writers wanted her to use. They wanted to develop other abilities.

You didn't see Cap bashing Iron Man with the shield, Ant-Man turns big to fight people which could easily kill people, Black Widow kicks Ant-Man in the balls... I could continue to go on and start producing video proof here...

Ultimate Member

It just wasn't something the writers wanted her to use. They wanted to develop other abilities.

You didn't see Cap bashing Iron Man with the shield, Ant-Man turns big to fight people which could easily kill people, Black Widow kicks Ant-Man in the balls... I could continue to go on and start producing video proof here...
    She only had one other ability at that point. As for those scenes you pointed out, that's true. I just didn't think those were as aggressive as Scarlet Witch and Black Panther

Ultimately, I get what you're saying. Maybe it's hard to deal with all these superpowers in a movie. I just think it makes the universe a bit inconsistent. Plus, her mental power is more unique than just another punching power

Amazing Member

Pretty sure Natasha heard Wanda say, "You're pulling your punches" to Clint. It didn't appear that either Nat or Clint held a grudge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post
    Pretty sure Natasha heard Wanda say, "You're pulling your punches" to Clint. It didn't appear that either Nat or Clint held a grudge.
    Absolutely did not. Natasha even asks Clint if they are still friends. And he responds with, "Depends on how hard you hit me."

Wanda has the greatest potential to hurt anyone there and didn't. Her full capabilities that she showed against Thanos and in her show proves that.

She only had one other ability at that point. As for those scenes you pointed out, that's true. I just didn't think those were as aggressive as Scarlet Witch and Black Panther

Ultimately, I get what you're saying. Maybe it's hard to deal with all these superpowers in a movie. I just think it makes the universe a bit inconsistent. Plus, her mental power is more unique than just another punching power
    Heroes with psychic powers is not unique in any way. At all. So many have had them. And it caused people to call her Jean lite.

Her actual powers are more unique.

Ultimate Member

Heroes with psychic powers is not unique in any way. At all. So many have had them. And it caused people to call her Jean lite.

Her actual powers are more unique.
    I meant in respect to the other Avengers. It's not like her probability or reality warping powers appeared before WandaVision in the MCU. But before that, almost all she did was levitation.

I meant in respect to the other Avengers. It's not like her probability or reality warping powers appeared before WandaVision in the MCU. But before that, almost all she did was levitation.
    Her probability powers appeared way before she debuted. She just didn't know it. She's throwing around the same hex grenades she is in her show too... like none of that changed.

Sure it's unique to the other Avengers, but it's not a power Wanda ever had. So it's not a big deal that it's hardly featured. It's like her many other powers they've tacked on over the decades that they hardly use. I honestly think you are making too big of a deal about it.

It's not like it was a power she always had in fiction that was crucial to the character that they just abandoned.

Ultimate Member

Her probability powers appeared way before she debuted. She just didn't know it. She's throwing around the same hex grenades she is in her show too... like none of that changed.

Sure it's unique to the other Avengers, but it's not a power Wanda ever had. So it's not a big deal that it's hardly featured. It's like her many other powers they've tacked on over the decades that they hardly use. I honestly think you are making too big of a deal about it.

It's not like it was a power she always had in fiction that was crucial to the character that they just abandoned.
    I get what you mean, but was she actively using any of her comic book powers in the MCU before WandaVision? Because I didn't see that.

I get what you mean, but was she actively using any of her comic book powers in the MCU before WandaVision? Because I didn't see that.
    Lorewise, yes. Which is what they explained in her show. She just didn't know she was. Which was their way of doing the storyline in comics where she also learns the truth about the source of her powers.