Page 11 of 283 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I don't know why anyone wants to think any of this is at all magical. Everything so far screams technology.

As for Dottie, there was a SHIELD agent named Dorothy in Pleasant Hill. I really doubt she's any sort of major Marvel character.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    I don't know why anyone wants to think any of this is at all magical. Everything so far screams technology.
    Well, we know Wanda will be appearing in the next Doctor Strange movie, and Kevin Feige has already said she will get the "Scarlet Witch" title in this series. And then there's Agnes's reference to the devil, and the Salem Witch Trials (she mentioned that her anniversary is June 2, which is the date the Salem Witch Trials are sometimes said to have started), and the fact that she wears a brooch like Agatha Harkness and in one promo shot is seen riding her bike like Miss Gulch/The Wicked Witch in "The Wizard of Oz," and the Rosemary's Baby vibes from the townspeople saying "For the children" and trying to get Wanda pregnant. There are a lot of Easter Eggs for witchcraft and the devil, and they can't all be misleads.

Whether Dottie herself is a witch, or just some regular person like Monica who got sucked into Wanda's fantasy world, is another question. But the name "Phil Jones" does seem like a big coincidence if it is indeed a coincidence.

Episode 3 is just awesome.

This show is so weird. Like every time we notice something is off. They distract with sitcom tropes.

Episode 3 was well bizarre but the veil is starting to dissapear

Spectacular Member

Now i am starting to enjoy this series, everything is coming together now and this episode was easily the more entertaining for me. Funny and mysterious.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post

As for Dottie, there was a SHIELD agent named Dorothy in Pleasant Hill. I really doubt she's any sort of major Marvel character.
    What about spoilers:
    being able to rewind reality at will and a magic insta-pregnancy seems technological?
    end of spoilers

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Episode 3 is just awesome.
    IKR, and I thought the 1st 2 where great and left me wanting more, But WOW now I know what the early critics got at with this 3rd episode!

spoilers:
    This episode show their is something far more in control going on her that was out of Wanda’s control, the stork moment was key in that and VERY CREEPY to boot! Also the talking with the Anges and Herb, the reset when Vision is breaking free that seems not in Wanda’s control this this, Monica saying about Ultron yet going back to her sitcom role while Wanda is trying to break free, the babies be born so fast, the car and the majority of the episode feeling like a classic 1970’s Hollywood Haunting/Ghost movie, their was so much here!
    end of spoilers
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

spoilers:
    I liked how they kept Tommy being the older twin and Billy being a surprise. I guess it would make sense that without Vision being based off Simon or the original Human Torch, they would need a new reason to choose those names. The way the quirky sitcom pregnancy barely keeps the horror overtones from spilling over was done well, I thought. Poor Vision seems like the only one that doesn’t know what’s going on, with Agnes being the one who knows exactly what is going on. Maybe the entire town does, but how?

Monica was serving looks this episode. Absolutely gorgeous. If not for the trailer, I would have been concerned for her safety. I’m guessing next episode is where Darcy and Woo come in, to debrief Monica.

The wistful way Wanda said her brother’s name. It broke my heart. She really wants the world to stop hurting her, and to have her family back. Then the swift change to suspicious and then hostile was chilling.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 01-22-2021 at 06:42 AM.

ME Every Episode.

I hope once the series is complete, they offer up additional MERCH.
    Last edited by Fokken; 01-22-2021 at 06:51 AM.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

This episode is the best so far!

spoilers:
    When they name dropped Pietro and Ultron, I got excited omg
    end of spoilers

The cliffhangers are killing me and I can't wait for the next episode. Next ep should be the 80s homage which means Full House is likely.

I am 99% sure after the end of this episode spoilers:
    Pietro is in the next one as the wacky uncle. The question is, will it be ATJ or Peters....
    end of spoilers

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'm really curious to see which sitcoms will be parodied.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    The next episode (the '80s) is on a replica of the "Family Ties" set.

I've heard people say several of the cast members have been on Agents of SHIELD or played Shield agents before.
    Anyone know if that's true?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Betranys said Family Ties, Malcom in the Middle and Modern Family are the other shows they parodied. spoilers:
    with Family Ties he specifically referenced the Tom Hanks episode with the uncle coming in...hm
    end of spoilers