Page 168 of 283 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

It could have been worse, imagine if Wanda had been a horror movie fan or a gamer of gta/Cod/mortal kombat

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    After being mind controlled and tortured for a full week by Wanda
    you make it sound like she was actively doing any of this, the truth is it was unwanted, unplanned, unsupervised.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im pretty sure I saw Wanda involved in that battle throwing cars at houses among other things
    there was a fight like evey superhero battle

Im pretty sure I saw Wanda involved in that battle throwing cars at houses among other things
    yhea, to stop a centuries old witch whose sole objective was grabbing all the power for herself.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, she could have tried to fix the collateral damage at least. Although I'm not sure how much was actually destroyed.

Honestly, people never should have expected X-Men in this.
    I already knew that X-men wouldn't be introduced here, magneto owuld not show up. It was Wanda story and they kept at it.
    Some people even doubted that marel would kept the story simple like this fous on wanda, glad they were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    yhea, to stop a centuries old witch whose sole objective was grabbing all the power for herself.
    Okay so he was involved in the fight? Dont exclude her to deflect from her actions. She was causing collateral damage alongside the others

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    If Agatha had gotten that power she probably would have sent the town to hell or turn the people into slaves or goats. Wanda really had no choice but to fight her

Okay so he was involved in the fight? Dont exclude her to deflect from her actions. She was causing collateral damage alongside the others
    c'mon that's par for the course in superheroes comics or mindless action movies

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    If Agatha had gotten that power she probably would have sent the town to hell or turn the people into slaves or goats. Wanda really had no choice but to fight her
    exactly, Agatha was gonna kill those us soldiers and Wanda saved them.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Honestly those who did that set themselves up for failure raised your expectations way too high.
    You can be disappointed in the resolution with this episode even without "yer fan theories being thrown out." I just didn't want a grieving woman to be made the villain of the show, but ultimately it REALLY was all Wanda's doing.

Granted, at this point when it comes to "stunt casting" Marvel should have really learned with the backlash to Ben Kingsley's Mandarin being a "nobody actor" just not to do it anymore. Why troll your audience? That's just going to backfire at some point.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I already knew that X-men wouldn't be introduced here, magneto owuld not show up. It was Wanda story and they kept at it.
    Some people even doubted that marel would kept the story simple like this fous on wanda, glad they were wrong.
    Same here. So many of the early Marvel movies had hints of other stories to come and it almost invariably detracted from the story of the moment. I particularly hated it in the Iron Man movies. The only time it even sort of worked was in the Avengers movies, and that was because Thanos was always the greater-scope villain rather than someone from an unrelated future storyline.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ok. I think it's ok for characters to fight and then reconcile later on, as long as it's believable and not done too often like a soap opera
    Yeah, it adds fun drama and action to the comics. It did get overused however.
    Luckily we have that one issue of secret empire where Ultron Pym basically says all they do is fight each other and they are all awful People

That was a fun issue.

Extraordinary Member

I think the writers and Feige fell so in love with the puzzle-box structure that they lost sight of the characters. Why spend all that time teasing whether or not Wanda was the one in control? It just makes it hard for her to emerge as a character because they can't actually tell us anything about what she knows. Even in this episode we don't really know when she became aware of what was going on. By spending all that time on red herrings they made the show more popular but I think weakened it a lot as a character study.

And I think it's very clear that the writers simply didn't care about the townspeople at all. In-universe, no one cares about their well-being except Vision. It makes the writers look bad that they spent so much time teasing the question of who was doing this to them, time they could have spent on what they were actually going through.

I think they miscalculated what they were doing with the show. If they wanted it to be about grief and dealing with it, they shouldn't have turned it into a LOST style mystery show with hints and clues that didn't turn into anything. They can't just do that and then backtrack and be like, oh it's just a small show in our own bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    You can be disappointed in the resolution with this episode even without "yer fan theories being thrown out." I just didn't want a grieving woman to be made the villain of the show, but ultimately it REALLY was all Wanda's doing.

Granted, at this point when it comes to "stunt casting" Marvel should have really learned with the backlash to Ben Kingsley's Mandarin being a "nobody actor" just not to do it anymore. Why troll your audience? That's just going to backfire at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I think they miscalculated what they were doing with the show. If they wanted it to be about grief and dealing with it, they shouldn't have turned it into a LOST style mystery show with hints and clues that didn't turn into anything. They can't just do that and then backtrack and be like, oh it's just a small show in our own bubble.

This right here pretty much hits all the nails on the head. I'm not disappointed that most (not all) of the things I speculated would happen, ended up not happening. I'm just disappointed that a very exciting and unpredictable show had a very "meh" and predictable conclusion. And poor Agatha. She had so much promise before they just made her another generic villain only out for power (what is with the MCU and not being able to stick the landing with their villains?)

Overall, I loved WandaVision. But this ending just felt so....uninspired and unsatisfying.