Page 164 of 283 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    As she should people have gotten away with much worse in the MCU *shrugs*

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by zvrk View Post
    And just like in HoM, she gets away with it. I'm not surprised at all.
    Which is funny as that still gets brought up.
    We also missed the opportunity for a good story where the Avengers try to help her.

What she needed in both here and the comics was help not punishment. And she got neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Not gonna happen.
    Im not convinced. Im almost sure it will

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    (Cough)Dark Phoenix(Cough).
    MCU is already setting their story up to be done better

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that would just be the first messed up thing she does, not the last. I dont think they'd have Agatha reveal the prophecy if it wasnt going to come into play at all
    I think it's just to be what the link to Chthon is in comics. This power that she has fight to keep balanced. She could wreck the universe, but it'd be pretty redundant in this universe at this point. It'll likely be how chaos magic is. Learning traditional magic to keep it in control. Using a dark force for good.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I can't believe they somehow Dark Phoenix worse the second time

Mighty Member

They all looked essentially less starved and all around healthy after Wanda was done with them huge improvement.
    They looked fine, they were just doing about their business.
    It's better than being forced into a 60's sitcom and screaming out in pain.

MCU is already setting their story up to be done better
    I just don’t see it
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

MCU will not radically turn a character who is heroic for the majority of her comics and have her become a world-ending villain.

Scarlet Witch will be a troubled heroine who battles her inner darkness as she unearths secrets and she might struggle to deal with her powers but she's not gonna become Thanos.

I mean Game of Thrones, a show that's not a conventional superhero story like the MCU, ran into a major backlash when they did that with Daenerys where it came off as misogynistic and domestic abuse propaganda (which WV's finale briefly flirts with). No way will they do that with Wanda.

In either case, the "next" Thanos is gonna be revealed step-by-step. And considering that one of the movies in the oven is Fantastic 4, the smart money is that it's gonna be Doctor Doom and it will be Secret Wars.

The multiverse is something they are touching on at the end of WV, in the next Spider-Man, and also in Doctor Strange...and the one big crossover event that deals with multiverses is SECRET WARS. The protagonist and antagonist of Secret Wars is always going to be Doctor Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Mayor???? You think after being mind controlled like puppets by her the people of Westview would make her Mayor???? The woman whos possession is described as being mentally traumatic and physically painful?? Are you crazy?

Who suggested this? This post comes after mine and not quoting anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I just don’t see it
    thats fine. Alot of people didnt see Wanda having actually been the one controlling everyone before this series aired and thats the direction theyw ent with

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Also how long are people really gonna act like they care about what Wanda did to the citizens? Be real do y'all really care about Sara and her daughter?
    Of course they don't. They're too busy gushing orgasmic geysers over how awesomely powerful and loving Wanda is. Wanda created a crisis and now people are lauding her for saving the day. That's not that far removed from the nurse serial killers that deliberately place patients in life threatening distress with the aim of saving the patients and reaping the hero's acclaim. Disturbing.

I found Wanda's apology to be rather hollow. It was the low point of the entire show. So who cares if the nobodies get manipulated, forced into adhering to a reality that they didn't ask for and generally shat on for weeks/months on end, just as long as the powerful elites get their day in the sun everyday all day, it's completely ok. "I'm sorry," is supposed to cure all wounds, I guess, even though we know those townsfolk will be traumatized for some time to come. Makes me wish that there were truly heroes that looked out for the little guy. Or that Wanda was a mutant again and sentinels would Future Past her arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Zemo now has much more ammunition to use against Superheroes.

It's not like that exile is going to stick and it's mostly so she can master her powers (which were part of the problem).

Like, I get wanting to support Wanda, but there's only so much the protagonist-centered morality can get away with.
    Master doesn't mean stronger always though. In comics she studied magic to keep chaos magic in control.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It feels like to me they had a great idea of a sitcom based thing but had no idea how to really end it.

so they... really didn't TBH. THey didn't know how to transition to "real life" so they just dumped a bunch of words and then went "TO BE CONTINUED" basically.
    ..SNIP...
    I suspect they always intended to end the show with the usual Marvel big bang / to be continued sort of ending. It seems that Marvel can't or won't escape from their own branding and tropes. The first few sitcom styled episodes were truly wonderful though. It would have been very cool if they'd finished out the series by transitioning from a sitcom style exploration of Wanda's state of mind to something more like a dystopian drama ala Twin Peaks, once Wanda realized that she couldn't continue to hide from her grief in a fantasy world. Then she could have accepted her loss, dissolved the sitcom/nightmare fantasy world, and walked back out into the 'real' MCU at the end. That would have been a tidy end to WandaVision as a standalone story, but it wouldn't fulfill the MCU producers' needs to have WandaVision kick off the next phase of Marvel movies. To me it almost felt like watching two completely different productions: a strange exploration of grief, with a big, superficial Marvel movie tacked on at the end.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Of course they don't. They're too busy gushing orgasmic geysers over how awesomely powerful and loving Wanda is. Wanda created a crisis and now people are lauding her for saving the day. That's not that far removed from the nurse serial killers that deliberately place patients in life threatening distress with the aim of saving the patients and reaping the hero's acclaim. Disturbing.

I found Wanda's apology to be rather hollow. It was the low point of the entire show. So who cares if the nobodies get manipulated, forced into adhering to a reality that they didn't ask for and generally shat on for weeks/months on end, just as long as the powerful elites get their day in the sun everyday all day, it's completely ok. "I'm sorry," is supposed to cure all wounds, I guess, even though we know those townsfolk will be traumatized for some time to come. Makes me wish that there were truly heroes that looked out for the little guy. Or that Wanda was a mutant again and sentinels would Future Past her arse.
    The Sentinals wouldn't stand a chance. And it was only a couple days they'll get over it.

BANNED

thats fine. Alot of people didnt see Wanda having actually been the one controlling everyone before this series aired and thats the direction theyw ent with
    Scarlet Witch losing control of her powers and accidentaly controlling people's minds is one of those things where you can sort of forgive since nobody died, and nothing truly permanent happened.

If people can forgive Tony for Ultron, they can forgive Wanda over that.

It's on a much smaller degree than 616 Wanda having the decimation on her conscience since that was far more damaging on a longer period of time.