Page 187 of 283 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Are we going with she hexed herself into forgetting ? Just to clarify her point are you talking about the memories of her past when she was bombed or are we talking about the memories of Vision, Ultron and Pietro which she had ?
    I am talking about the way the hex started and vision was recreated, she had no recollection until Agatha forced her to face reality again in issue 8, it's on screen, she's right there looking at the scene like she is seeing it for the first time and recovering her memories like someone waking up from a vivid dream.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I definitely need to check my eyesight then!
    It is indeed something most anyone watching this might not even know, really we can't be certain if that was a callback to that page or not. BUT it is SO Familiar to it that I can't help but be slammed by it when I saw it and geeked out and had to give the referance to it!

That is why us Long-Term Wanda Maximoff Fans are here, to Help give little Goodies of Wanda history and refereances to moments we see in the MCU to help guide others in Wanda Lore and Art Albert1981. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I miss her curly hair so much.
    IKR, when I was getting back into Comics in 2011-2012 and then in 2012 I got back into Wanda the Busiek Perez Era where some of the 1st I flocked to and it was Always that style of George Perez that flocked me back so much to Wanda and her Curly hair was always one of My Favorites!

He did it SO Well and honestly I have a weekness for Ladies with Curly hair, so that is another reason why this is my favorite Wanda Style. Indeed GenericUsername, I miss this style and by what a comic owner and friend told me long ago is that George Perez missed drawing Wanda like this SO Much that he was recreating her look in other characters he drew and wrote after. Honestly I remember seeing one of those comics long ago, could not remember now what comic it was, but indeed one of the ladies looked EXACTLY like Wanda with Curly hair from his Avengers Run, so that was indeed likely true that Perezed Loved drawing Wanda that much, I can't blame him either.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

We never did find out what she did to the Sword agent turned beekeeper.

Did she kill him? Doubtful.

Did he change into someone else like the circus folk?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    We never did find out what she did to the Sword agent turned beekeeper.

Did she kill him? Doubtful.

Did he change into someone else like the circus folk?
    I thought she rewinded time (can she do that?) so that guy never entered the hex.

After watching nearly EVERY reliable (and unreliable) Marvel leaker completely blow it with Wandavision, I'm no longer trusting any of the "leaks" regarding No Way Home. I'm no longer going in expecting Tobey, The Garf, and a bunch of other unconfirmed rumors, including Daredevil being back. Not until I see a trailer that confirms it with my own eyes. So I totally agree with GenericUsername here. Just relying on the trades now.

Extraordinary Member

After watching nearly EVERY reliable (and unreliable) Marvel leaker completely blow it with Wandavision, I'm no longer trusting any of the "leaks" regarding No Way Home. I'm no longer going in expecting Tobey, The Garf, and a bunch of other unconfirmed rumors, including Daredevil being back. Not until I see a trailer that confirms it with my own eyes. So I totally agree with GenericUsername here. Just relying on the trades now.
    The to be fair. The rumor folk first said Evan Peters was in this series a year ago.

I think a lot of stuff they draw their own conclusions from though: Strange will appear, Nightmare will appear, it’s Mephisto, etc

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    So how do you feel about the Avengers and Bruce Banner? Banner gets angry, turns into the Hulk, and people get hurt. ALL THE TIME. Not just once. The Avengers give Banner a pass, because they understand what he's going through, because they know he isn't fully in control of his actions when he does so, and quite frankly because what are you going to do about it even if you wanted to? Does that mean they don't care about the people harmed by the Hulk? Every time they try assuage Banner's guilt for turning into the beast, should they be shown spending hours chatting with Hulk survivors and being shown empathizing with them so they don't look foolish? Hell, in AoU Hulk rampages through a population center in Africa to the point that Tony calls in the Hulkbuster to stop him and yet Black Widow is ACTIVELY TURNING BANNER BACK INTO THE HULK less than an hour of screentime later for the final battle (and even does so against Banner's wishes). Are Tony and Nat foolish or any less heroic?

I think there are three points to consider.

First, the conversation was between Monica and Wanda, not Monica and Westview's residents. In terms of what you have time to show in the narrative, you let your conversation be between the characters having it. The audience knows full well that Monica cares about Westview's residents, she has spent five weeks struggling to free them from the Hex. It's not something that needed to come up during that discussion.

Second, Monica is speaking to the audience. Wanda deserves blame here, but there are naunces that should be looked at. When the moment came, Wanda did the heroic thing, even at tremendous personal cost to herself. That speaks to Wanda as a character, and was important to have called out for the audience. (Also, in recognizing that I actually think it shows Monica as perceptive and able to see more than one side of the issue, which actually shows that Monica is ideally suited for a role like Director of SWORD, for example.)

And third, in universe, what choice does Monica have? How exactly is she supposed to hold Wanda accountable? It's the Banner problem. How do you hold Banner accountable for the Hulk? Do you rail at him and scream? He'll just turn green again and you have a whole new set of problems. The best way to approach Wanda right now is as a friend, as someone who understands and empathizes. Someone who can steer Wanda towards a healthier approach, and down the road we can talk about accountability, when she's less fragile. Go too hard at Wanda right now and you run the risk of the Hex looking like a sad opening act.
    I do feel the Avengers give the Hulk a pass on a lot of things. Same with Hawkeye. The difference is that I feel that Banner and Hulk are like almost two different people. It's clear Banner in the movies doesn't want to hurt anybody. He's actually a pretty sensitive guy. It's when he turns into the Hulk he no longer is the same character. Banner's lack of control over his Hulk persona sort of absolves him of his transgressions in my eyes. Wanda is the same person throughout WandaVision and she knows what she is doing despite being told multiple times that she was hurting people. She's clearly in control of her mental faculties. That's why I never liked the premise of her mind-controlling the people of Westview. I just don't think Monica was the right person to empathize with Wanda. In Episode 4, we are shown how Monica's death deeply affected her. Yet the scene (in my opinion) is given no space to breathe. They want her to have this arc that mirrors that of Wanda, but it just doesn't work because we haven't spent time with them in the same way that we've seen Wanda and Vision. Here's a couple of quotes about Monica which I found that I PARTLY agree with:

First one:

"Monica is one of my favorite heroines, and she's a letdown in this. She feels tacked on, and while I enjoyed her episodes, by the end she's just "there" (along with most of the supporting cast like Jimmy and Darcy). Her moment sharing her feelings of mutual loss with Wanda would've worked better PRIOR to the conclusion to help spur Wanda towards undoing the Hex, and her defense of Wanda throughout the series rings rather hollow in hindsight. Monica deserves better, and hopefully her next appearance will give her more range to work with than "angry sadface" for the majority of her screentime."

The second one:

"What would have been acceptable to me:

W: I'm sorry I caused all this.
    M: I understand why you did it, I really do. But I can't just let you leave. Not after this.
    W: I know. You're welcome to try and stop me.
    Wanda flies off

What we got:

Monica to Wanda while a town full of mind-raped people watch in the background: "They'll never know what you sacrificed for them (temporarily)."
    Wanda flies off as Monica mutters "good luck"

And before fans of the climax dogpile me, let me reiterate: it doesn't matter what we the audience think of Wanda. What matters is how the characters react to her.

Monica's last scene is dishonest. This character joined SWORD for a reason, her relentless attempt to get into the hex portrays her heroic virtues. This scene robs her of character and renders her a mouthpiece for a writer running out of pages because they wasted so much space on action scenes.

Conceptually Monica dealing with the loss of her mother dovetailing into Wanda's arc is great, but the short season never gave them a chance to actually portray that. Perhaps if they had more time we could have seen Monica having Wanda's nightmares, and relating her loss to Wanda's own, maybe even developing a Stockholm syndrome of sorts. Instead Monica's subplot has no brakes, no quiet moments of self-reflection, it's just constantly her going from A to B to C, butting heads against a caricature of an organization.

I went from being excited to see SWORD in Spidey 2 to never wanting to see them again."

Coming into this show, I had no idea what SWORD was. But I agree with the above quote, if all the SWORD characters are gonna do is dump piles of exposition on audiences and act like cartoon villains, I think it's probably better they don't become a regular presence in future MCU projects.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    On You Tube so Far what I am seeing so far is just plain Love and Hype for the episode and for Wanda, no one is talking as much about the westview stuff as we are and if their are any complents it is the teases and theories not coming to life.

That is why I have come to the conclusion that while I Love CBR, we are mostly a whole opinon world of our own here at times both good and very debating community, LOL.
    Oh, that's wonderful! I'm so happy that the non-nerd audiences love it. Delighted Wanda's more popular coming out of this series.

The to be fair. The rumor folk first said Evan Peters was in this series a year ago.

I think a lot of stuff they draw their own conclusions from though: Strange will appear, Nightmare will appear, it’s Mephisto, etc
    I was surprised at how few of the leaks were actually correct. Disney did a good job of plugging them.

Extraordinary Member

The ironic thing about Agatha is that she tried to do the same thing to Wanda as her mother and coven did to her.

They saw her as too powerful above her station and tried to punish her/take away her powers. Even though she didn’t understand her powers or how powerful she was herself.

I haven't seen much people talking about Westview either on Twitter i have seen hit tweets with people joking about Wanda saving them from corona or that Wanda Is a better person because they wouldn't put down the HEX if that means losing their family again

If anything i have seen people dissapointed in Fietro character or the typical not Mephisto cameo

To me there were just too many thing that got handwaved in Episode 9. Monica, White Vision, Fietro - barely anything would have changed without them there and they just needlessly set up future (?) storylines. Bit of a shame, as I really enjoyed the first 8 episodes and how different the show felt to most of Marvel's output. But then the finale was yet another CGI fest of people shooting bits colored goo on each other. At least the Vision quest got a nice resolution. But other questions remain. Why did Hayward need to be a bad guy? Couldn’t he just be short-sighted and rightly paranoid after the blip? You know, traumatized? Why did Darcy disappear? Why did White Vision disappear? Why did Boner disappear? So many odd decisions. It really feels like a there should have been another episode just fleshing out the consequences. As I've said MANY times before on this thread, WandaVision could have used an extra hour to tell a more complete story. I would have LOVED it if Episode 9 CONTINUED to put the focus on Wanda's emotional problems instead of that CGI stuff. It just made her, Monica and Agatha look ridiculous. Hayward is played like a dumb goon, even though he was acting director of Sword and brought Vision back to life. Compare that to someone like Fury or Pierce. It’s like they were shooting the last episode and went like dang he isn’t evil enough until now. Let him try killing some kids or cats or dogs or something. Hahn killed it too as Agnes. She went down a bit in the last episode due to falling in the evil villain trap, but overall she was great and I hope we see more of her. Just a lot of missed opportunities there. I thought Olsen was unbelievable in Episode 8 and Hahn was terrific in Episode 7. But to me, the best performance in Episode 9 went to Bettany.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-06-2021 at 09:19 AM.

The ironic thing about Agatha is that she tried to do the same thing to Wanda as her mother and coven did to her.

They saw her as too powerful above her station and tried to punish her/take away her powers. Even though she didn’t understand her powers or how powerful she was herself.
    Yeah, that is pretty ironic.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, that is pretty ironic.
    Maybe her motivation was to replace the coven?

Extraordinary Member

Will you trust me then, I successfully predict her title being a Darkhold prophecy and that. Sorta.
    Being a self-absorbed annoying fan aside, I really wish there are more people who made theories based upon what is actually shown, and also some basic knowledge of the character.(Because a lot of theories are just made upon air.)
    截图大师 Capture 31 - (1) Simon Shepherd _ - https___twitter.com_SimonMa.jpg