Page 104 of 283 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Yes, the cruelty.

The Avengers always had the big tent; still do now even. They didn't have to deconstruct them so utterly. But that is what Bendis does.

It is indeed, childish.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Extraordinary Member

I just realized, none of the outsiders like SWORD, Monica, Jimmy, Darcy, etc are questioning Wanda marrying an Android.

It’s all about the town being hostage, brainwashed, and Wanda’s mental state and how Vision should be dead. But unlike the comics, no one is quesTioning if a living woman should marry a robot.

I guess after the snap and blip, that’s no longer weird to them and pretty minor compared to everything else going on.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I just realized, none of the outsiders like SWORD, Monica, Jimmy, Darcy, etc are questioning Wanda marrying an Android.

It’s all about the town being hostage, brainwashed, and Wanda’s mental state and how Vision should be dead. But unlike the comics, no one is quesTioning if a living woman should marry a robot.
    I noticed that too. It would have been easy for them for Hayward, who is wrong about everything and trying to portray Wanda in the worst possible light, to make some bigoted comment about her relationship with Vision just so the good characters can denounce his bigotry, but there's nothing.

Sometimes I think maybe they're deliberately avoiding this so they don't have to look like they're getting political. If a character was portrayed as being an anti-robosexual bigot, then people would argue about what that was a metaphor for. This way they just sidestep the whole thing.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I guess after the snap and blip, that’s no longer weird to them and pretty minor compared to everything else going on.
    They were an item in the movies and no one brought it up in-universe so I doubt they'll bring it up here.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    They were an item in the movies and no one brought it up in-universe so I doubt they'll bring it up here.
    Well, the other Avengers were their friends. And the public didn’t know they were a couple.

Why the death of Quicksilver matters to the MCU according to this article:

https://www.slashfilm.com/death-of-q...er-in-the-mcu/

Would WandaVision even be a thing if Pietro didn't die? Now that's a great question. It's clear to me that Feige and his fellow execs at Marvel Studios have ZERO regrets in killing him off so quickly. They might have even seen him as an impediment to the stories they wanted to tell. As much as I'm enjoying WandaVision , I feel terrible for Aaron's Quicksilver fans.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-22-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    They just brought the reason why some of Wanda fans aren't really fond of Magneto being around, sure Magneto is not the reason why Wanda is thrown into things like AD/HOM, but they are hardly good case argument for them remaining as parent/child or having any deep connection.(Which they don't.)
    Also yeah, Magneto pop up in Englehart's Vision and Scarlet Witch for that dinner scene, but he is no more important than her neighbors and Avengers associates. The difference is that the others are actually more active in Wanda's stories.

Her real world publication history tells me she got fucked up partly due to that connection, gone for 7 solid years, and still struggle to get back to her home franchise, history teah me a different lesson.

And the animations, yeah, the animations, you mentioned it's not right to ignore characters' "rich past" yet guess what? Those animations ignore the main chunk of Wanda's lore(AKA her Avengers stuff) in favor of Magneto/Mutants, unless by "rich past" you mean getting stuck in some Brotherhood phase. And I agree, both animation Wandas at best are just shadows of comic Wanda, and a pale one at that.
    Not to mention that "rich past" which X-Fans can't seem to get beyond is not even 10 issues from the Silver Age. By that logic, Black Widow and Hawkeye should remain Iron Man villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Exactly true. I may be amongst the oldest here; 65, and I've been reading comics since the mid to late '60s. Wanda was nearly always the character that drew my attention in the beginning (perhaps my own Witchy background?) but by the time Magneto came to the Avengers and took them back (pre knowing their origin, around # 48 or so) I was totally entralled with Dame Wanda. Most of my love for her comes from the other stories in the Avengers and certainly not the mutant related ones.

While I originally loved the Byrne reveal, it has been so retconned now it is nearly useless. My head canon still says some mutant DNA could be involved in H.E.'s experiments, but I think it is a done deal and I think Wanda is better for it.

I still have reservations about how mutants, X-men, and Pietro, will be folded into the MCU, considering the twining. But we'll see. Bottom line: Don't think Marvel comics will kill off Pietro and there usually has to be 'some' synergy between movies and comics.
    Wow, that's so neat that you've been reading comics for that long. Nice to see someone who has been a major Wanda fan since basically her inception. And you bring up a good point that even before Magneto was retconned as Wanda and Pietro's parents, it was because of him that they were removed from the Avengers for 30 issues or so, meaning he was negatively impacting them even back then lol.

I think being a mutant, particularly one not associated with the X-Men, is an important part of Wanda's character since it was part of most of her publication history and even in the Avengers, she often had to deal with anti-mutant discrimination. Being a mutant has never meant you are required to be part of the X-Men much like how there have been plenty of X-Men who aren't even mutants. However, if giving up her mutant status is what's necessary to keep her away from the X-Books and Magneto, I'm fine sacrificing that.

Yeah, I hope they never go the route of killing off Pietro just to create synergy with the movies.

Extraordinary Member

I think another problem is that the Avengers now go to Strange for any magical problems.

Wanda was the predominant magic user on the team but not anymore.

I think another problem is that the Avengers now go to Strange for any magical problems.

That reminds me of how I remember reading that for the first Marvel: Ultimate Alliance game, even though it would have made perfect sense to bring Wanda over from X-Men Legends II, they decided they'd rather go with Strange since they felt both would play the same.

Ultimate Member

It's long been a pet peeve of mine that Dr. Strange would get trotted out for such things, when, to my mind, he's got *way* more important stuff to be focused on, as Sorcerer Supreme. Wanda, Hellstrom, Voodoo, Magik, Druid, Shaman, etc. should be handling the team stuff, IMO. Strange has a full-time *job* and his dance-card has stuff like Dormammu and Shuma-Gorath on it.

If the Avengers have a magical question, they can ask like *a dozen* other people.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It's long been a pet peeve of mine that Dr. Strange would get trotted out for such things, when, to my mind, he's got *way* more important stuff to be focused on, as Sorcerer Supreme. Wanda, Hellstrom, Voodoo, Magik, Druid, Shaman, etc. should be handling the team stuff, IMO. Strange has a full-time *job* and his dance-card has stuff like Dormammu and Shuma-Gorath on it.

If the Avengers have a magical question, they can ask like *a dozen* other people.
    I disagree. Stephen's home is only a couple miles away from the mansion. And he's a team member now. Back in the day, Stephen wasn't the (mainstream) public figure like he is now but he was also a regular member of the Defenders. Wanda shouldn't be a magic user to begin with, Hellstrom should be a pariah after what he did to Patsy, Voodoo has been corrupted by his brother more than once, Magik is an X-man...nuff said, Druid literally betrayed the team to get a piece of ass, and Shaman is hard to get hold of and has left the super hero life behind.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    I disagree. Stephen's home is only a couple miles away from the mansion. And he's a team member now. Back in the day, Stephen wasn't the (mainstream) public figure like he is now but he was also a regular member of the Defenders. Wanda shouldn't be a magic user to begin with, Hellstrom should be a pariah after what he did to Patsy, Voodoo has been corrupted by his brother more than once, Magik is an X-man...nuff said, Druid literally betrayed the team to get a piece of ass, and Shaman is hard to get hold of and has left the super hero life behind.
    Why shouldn't Wanda be a magic user to begin with? She's been practicing traditional magic since the mid-70s...
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Could something that might link Wanda with Doom (once he's introduced in the MCU) be the fact that both have loved ones trapped by Mephisto especially if Mephisto is the Big Bad? Doom's mom and Vision or the kids for Wanda. That might be an interesting team-up between Wanda and Doom where they have to join forces against a greater evil and Strange gets involved, but I can't see Doom being introduced in Doctor Strange 2, especially when the rumors point to his first appearance being in Black Panther 2 at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I noticed that too. It would have been easy for them for Hayward, who is wrong about everything and trying to portray Wanda in the worst possible light, to make some bigoted comment about her relationship with Vision just so the good characters can denounce his bigotry, but there's nothing.

Sometimes I think maybe they're deliberately avoiding this so they don't have to look like they're getting political. If a character was portrayed as being an anti-robosexual bigot, then people would argue about what that was a metaphor for. This way they just sidestep the whole thing.
    I think it's more side-stepping some of the more...intimate questions about Wanda being involved with a robot.

Gotta be tasteful in a Disney production .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's more side-stepping some of the more...intimate questions about Wanda being involved with a robot.

Gotta be tasteful in a Disney production .
    They've had innuendos in Frozen of all movies.