Page 161 of 283 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    After this show, I think it's a given that Wanda is pretty close to Doctor Strange levels as far as the MCU goes. So I wouldn't be surprised if she were to help him in a big way. What I don't get is what happened to the Infinity Stones. Were they destroyed? If so, does this mean the Eye of Agamoto is not there anymore?
    The stones been destroyed that happened in Endgame. And it was confirmed today Wabda is stronger than the sorcerer supreme Agatha pointed it out that was in the darkhold.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Some other stuff I noticed on a rewatch
    spoilers:
    Billy can see the future apparently, since the images he saw of Wanda in the town center happened after that scene. Also, as the Hex closes in on the house, the lights upstairs are on. Wanda turned them off after saying goodbye to the boys. So it's likely that the boys turned them on and were doing something (a spell maybe?) before they disappeared.
    end of spoilers
    Good catch that was my thinking too one of the boys said not today and did some ****.

Also how long are people really gonna act like they care about what Wanda did to the citizens? Be real do y'all really care about Sara and her daughter?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    spoilers:
    Wanda tortured a whole town and her penalty was... a new outfit and power upgrade? yikes. she keeps bungling this super hero thing lol
    end of spoilers
    Now you know how X-Men fans feel about Scarlet Witch.

spoilers:
    great finale, the Agatha vs Wanda fight was great and I loved how Wanda learned some of her spells throughout it. Vision vs WVision was cool too, Whitevision being oulogiced was nice. The twins and the trio getting to stop hayward was fun.

I'm reallly glad Agatha wasn't killed and that they pretty much left the door opened for a reappearence down the line. White Vision still being around should be interesting as well.

Omg the Scarlet Witch costume is stunning, it was definitely serving and I gasped when it was shown with a cape. I hope her hair is brown in DS2 I think it would look perfect with it.
    end of spoilers

It feels like to me they had a great idea of a sitcom based thing but had no idea how to really end it.

so they... really didn't TBH. THey didn't know how to transition to "real life" so they just dumped a bunch of words and then went "TO BE CONTINUED" basically.

I hope this isn't hte trend of the shows. I just want a beginning, middle, end for each show. There is a difference between teasing the future content and RELYING on the future content to conclude the show. The movies had their story with TEASES to the future. They need the same strategy for the shows. The Mandarin did that... beginning, middle, end + teasing future shows

If Falcon/WS ends with it basically going, "welp, now you gotta watch Shang Chi to see what happens to the main characters!" i'm be just as miffed.
    No, there will never be self-contained stories in the MCU ever again. Get ready for an overabundance of "events" in the movies that are built up in the shows. Just like in the comics. And be prepared for CONSTANT exposition dumps as Disney's cinematic universe expands. There's no way that can be avoided if viewers want to avoid having to watch twenty-five shows and movies to understand what current movie and/or show they are viewing. Multiverse and time travel shenanigans will only confuse and disorient audiences more. That's what I'm really afraid of. Even the most popular characters in the MCU like Doctor Strange, Thor and the Black Panther WILL get bogged down by that stuff. And of course with rumors of Chris Evans' Captain America returning and the chance that even RDJ could reprise his role in future MCU instalments, there will be no more consequences and stakes in the MCU. Just like in the comic books. The best parts of WandaVision were when Olsen, Bettany and Hahn were living in a suburban fantasy. But when Harkness and even Vision started engaging in exposition, it damaged them as characters. I hope Feige and company endeavors to make the movies and shows LESS like the comic books, but I feel they're going in the opposite direction and that could destroy the wonderful foundation they have built up in the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Also how long are people really gonna act like they care about what Wanda did to the citizens? Be real do y'all really care about Sara and her daughter?
    Tbh leaving westview forever was the best she could do. I doubt they would want anything from her

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    No, there will never be self-contained stories in the MCU ever again. Get ready for an overabundance of "events" in the movies that are built up in the shows. Just like in the comics. And be prepared for CONSTANT exposition dumps as Disney's cinematic universe expands. There's no way that can be avoided if viewers want to avoid having to watch twenty-five shows and movies to understand what current movie and/or show they are viewing. Multiverse and time travel shenanigans will only confuse and disorient audiences more. That's what I'm really afraid of. Even the most popular characters in the MCU like Doctor Strange, Thor and the Black Panther WILL get bogged down by that stuff. And of course with rumors of Chris Evans' Captain America returning and the chance that even RDJ could reprise his role in future MCU instalments, there will be no more consequences and stakes in the MCU. Just like in the comic books. The best parts of WandaVision were when Olsen, Bettany and Hahn were living in a suburban fantasy. But when Harkness and even Vision started engaging in exposition, it damaged them as characters. I hope Feige and company endeavors to make the movies and shows LESS like the comic books, but I feel they're going in the opposite direction and that could destroy the wonderful foundation they have built up in the past decade.
    imma hold off too much on the doomsday scenario until I see how Falcon show ends.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

spoilers:
    I really can't help but see the Phoenix comparisons to how they're depicting the Scarlet Witch with this red-hued being of unimaginable power who will bring great catastrophe if not stopped or if the woman can't control her powers. I guess now the MCU probably won't redo the Phoenix Saga for a third time to avoid redundancy.

Wanda in a proper Scarlet Witch costume! Complete with the headpiece! And it looks glorious! Felt like a mix of her various modern costumes.

Who needs Scarlet Witch and Agatha when you've got Jimmy Woo using magic to escape those handcuffs.

It's kind of ironic that Vision's first big action sequence since AoU is him fighting himself...and, ironically, I thought White!Vision's cold and logical voice sounded a lot like James Spader's Ultron.

So Fietro was Ralph all along. Was Agatha using him as her fake husband the whole time, and only later decided to make him into Pietro? Or was he just on standby in-case she needed him?

I am kind of disappointed they didn't do that scene from the comics of Monica outrunning Pietro, but I guess she can't master her powers that quick.

Hayward was getting pretty bad the whole series, but him shooting two kids was way over the line. Like, why shoot the kids and then Monica when she ran in to protect them? Did Hayward not think the kids were real? How the fudge did Maria ever let this dude be in charge?

Vision is able to stop White!Vision through his greatest weapon...logic. And I guess now White!Vision is around in case they ever want to bring Vision back. He has all the memories now, but not the emotions, like the comic version. I kind of wonder what Wanda will think of him to be honest. Could she put the piece of the Mind Stone she has in him to restore some semblance of the original Vision? Lot of questions thee.

So, yeah, Wanda really did brainwash a lot of people. It was accidental compared to what Agatha was doing, but she still did it and kept it going far, far longer than she should have and after she realized what she'd done. The people of Westview have every reason to hate her, and I'm not really sure if there's anything she can do to make up for it other than make sure it doesn't happen again. Is losing her family proper recompense? I dunno. Did she properly take responsibility for her crimes? I dunno. She immediately bowed out of there when the police arrived, probably because she can't master her new powers from a prison cell, but is she a wanted fugitive now for what happened to Westview? I can't say it wouldn't be justified.

So Agatha is now stuck as Agnes in Westview, with Wanda as her keeper. It kind of sounds like Wanda might actually visit her once or twice for genuine advice, so I guess some form of their mentor/protege relationship from the comics might bet kept, albeit in a more twisted and bitter way? At least Kathryn Hahn is still around in case the MCU ever wants to use her again.

Wanda gets one last night with her family before it all fades away, saying goodbye to her kids and Vision again, and then everything fades away like it was never there. I can't condone what she did, even in grief, but I feel so bad for her.

I guess Fury is back to doing post-credits scenes about recruiting people, just sending Skrulls in to invite people like Monica to his Skrull space station in the sky. Is that going to turn out to be the real SWORD?

So Wanda is now learning from the Darkhold...which I don't really see ending well. But it seems like she detects her kids souls in the Multiverse, and that leads to her team-up with Dr. Strange in Multiverse of Madness?
    end of spoilers

imma hold off too much on the doomsday scenario until I see how Falcon show ends.
    I would like to be optimistic as well. But if Evans comes back as Cap, then I will consider Falcon & the Winter Soldier to be pointless as a series. I remember reading about Mackie's reaction to Evans potentially coming back. He didn't seem enthused, and I don't blame him. I hope Falcon & the Winter Soldier focuses on Sam's and Bucky's relationship just as much as the punchy-kicky stuff. I think WandaVision really dropped the ball after that insane Wanda and Vision argument in Episode 5 in favor of pointless (though amusing) cameos and SWORD exposition. That's when the sitcom era of the series ended for me. They should have just followed up on the aftermath of that argument, but instead they focused on surprise reveals and generic MCU CGI action sequences and that really disappointed me. And this is coming from somebody who really REALLY liked this series.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-05-2021 at 09:28 AM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

They're fine. It was only 6 days. Like Monica said, if she could do the same, she'd do it (or something similar). At worse, Wanda's an anti-heroine. She's human after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I really can't help but see the Phoenix comparisons to how they're depicting the Scarlet Witch with this red-hued being of unimaginable power who will bring great catastrophe if not stopped or if the woman can't control her powers. I guess now the MCU probably won't redo the Phoenix Saga for a third time to avoid redundancy.

Wanda in a proper Scarlet Witch costume! Complete with the headpiece! And it looks glorious! Felt like a mix of her various modern costumes.

Who needs Scarlet Witch and Agatha when you've got Jimmy Woo using magic to escape those handcuffs.

It's kind of ironic that Vision's first big action sequence since AoU is him fighting himself...and, ironically, I thought White!Vision's cold and logical voice sounded a lot like James Spader's Ultron.

So Fietro was Ralph all along. Was Agatha using him as her fake husband the whole time, and only later decided to make him into Pietro? Or was he just on standby in-case she needed him?

I am kind of disappointed they didn't do that scene from the comics of Monica outrunning Pietro, but I guess she can't master her powers that quick.

Hayward was getting pretty bad the whole series, but him shooting two kids was way over the line. Like, why shoot the kids and then Monica when she ran in to protect them? Did Hayward not think the kids were real? How the fudge did Maria ever let this dude be in charge?

Vision is able to stop White!Vision through his greatest weapon...logic. And I guess now White!Vision is around in case they ever want to bring Vision back. He has all the memories now, but not the emotions, like the comic version. I kind of wonder what Wanda will think of him to be honest. Could she put the piece of the Mind Stone she has in him to restore some semblance of the original Vision? Lot of questions thee.

So, yeah, Wanda really did brainwash a lot of people. It was accidental compared to what Agatha was doing, but she still did it and kept it going far, far longer than she should have and after she realized what she'd done. The people of Westview have every reason to hate her, and I'm not really sure if there's anything she can do to make up for it other than make sure it doesn't happen again. Is losing her family proper recompense? I dunno. Did she properly take responsibility for her crimes? I dunno. She immediately bowed out of there when the police arrived, probably because she can't master her new powers from a prison cell, but is she a wanted fugitive now for what happened to Westview? I can't say it wouldn't be justified.

So Agatha is now stuck as Agnes in Westview, with Wanda as her keeper. It kind of sounds like Wanda might actually visit her once or twice for genuine advice, so I guess some form of their mentor/protege relationship from the comics might bet kept, albeit in a more twisted and bitter way? At least Kathryn Hahn is still around in case the MCU ever wants to use her again.

Wanda gets one last night with her family before it all fades away, saying goodbye to her kids and Vision again, and then everything fades away like it was never there. I can't condone what she did, even in grief, but I feel so bad for her.

I guess Fury is back to doing post-credits scenes about recruiting people, just sending Skrulls in to invite people like Monica to his Skrull space station in the sky. Is that going to turn out to be the real SWORD?

So Wanda is now learning from the Darkhold...which I don't really see ending well. But it seems like she detects her kids souls in the Multiverse, and that leads to her team-up with Dr. Strange in Multiverse of Madness?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I never really thought about it before, but Wanda and Jean do have a lot in common don't they? Powerful women who are known for "unstable" abilities that tend to get used poorly, also both love the color red. It kind of makes me wonder what the MCU will do with the mutants eventually. They'll probably channel Hickman's run to an extent. I can't see them doing the phoenix again either, or maybe they'll make it magic and Wanda could mentor Jean. I don't know, Im just spitballing.
    end of spoilers

Wait Vision...

spoilers:
    White vision only has "old" visions memories post Thanos right? vision still doesn't know anything about his life pre-Thanos right? Or did I miss that
    end of spoilers

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I never did care. I would've made season 2 Wanda as mayor of Westview, since the place was a dump full of miserable people when she arrived. Especially since it turns out they're most unhappy that they had to experience Wanda's grief. Boo hoo. Nice empathy, small town jerks.

Wait Vision...

spoilers:
    White vision only has "old" visions memories post Thanos right? vision still doesn't know anything about his life pre-Thanos right? Or did I miss that
    end of spoilers
    I thought he had all the memories, just not the emotions/feelings like whiteVision in the comics.

it isn't about caring about random people, it is about actions having consequences.