Page 35 of 283 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Also: remember those reports Kamala Khan would appear in another Marvel project before her own? Remember how this show is set in New Jersey?

Also the mention of SWORDS astronaut program. I can think of someone that'd be a fit for that.

In fact, I can think of four.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Also: remember those reports Kamala Khan would appear in another Marvel project before her own? Remember how this show is set in New Jersey?

Also the mention of SWORDS astronaut program. I can think of someone that'd be a fit for that.

In fact, I can think of four.
    I was thinking to myself that the rocket in the background of the SWORD lab might end up being what the FF take into space (assuming they keep that element of their origin).

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Seems to me that there could be other magic users in the mix.

I'm not sure how I feel about discounting 'Pietro' on his words to Wanda. We possibly don't know how either Pietro/universe would have felt about Wanda and Vision's relationship.
    Pietro was never as crass as to spoilers:
    Gleefully boast about Vision's death
    end of spoilers He just didn't want Wanda with Vision. It was also his villain arc where he was depicted as a bigot. Which was why so many celebrated PAD writing him after. He cleaned up that bs that really didn't make sense. Because of the hatred Wanda and Pietro received because of their powers. Englehart just never seemed to like him.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Gonna ask y'all to tag spoilers for leaked episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Gonna ask y'all to tag spoilers for leaked episodes.
    They are...

Specifically I meant the poster you were quoting

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

spoilers:
    I wonder if Evan Peter's character could end up being the missing person Agent Woo is looking for. He could be Mephisto, as some are saying, but I think Mephisto is a bigger villain than to appear here. Could he be an MCU version of Master Pandemonium?

The story seems to be taking a lot more from Darker than Scarlet as a story, with a bit of House of M peppered in, but it feels more like Byrne than Bendis.

He could also be Immortus, as Immortus was also part of Darker than Scarlet, and Immortus is a face of Kang, and we know Kang is showing up later.
    end of spoilers
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    spoilers:
    I wonder if Evan Peter's character could end up being the missing person Agent Woo is looking for. He could be Mephisto, as some are saying, but I think Mephisto is a bigger villain than to appear here. Could he be an MCU version of Master Pandemonium?

The story seems to be taking a lot more from Darker than Scarlet as a story, with a bit of House of M peppered in, but it feels more like Byrne than Bendis.

He could also be Immortus, as Immortus was also part of Darker than Scarlet, and Immortus is a face of Kang, and we know Kang is showing up later.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Kang was cast as a black man, so I think that rules out any possibility that Evan Peters is playing any version of him.

I saw this very cool theory that Evan's character could be Simon Williams, and the reason why he's ''playing'' Pietro it's because he is a popular actor in that universe, and Wanda (or whoever is in charge of Westview) decided to ''cast'' him as her brother. I mean, I guess that wouldn't be as exciting as him playing the big villain like so many people want... but it could be a nice nod to the comics.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-31-2021 at 01:36 AM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Pietro was never as crass as to spoilers:
    Gleefully boast about Vision's death
    end of spoilers He just didn't want Wanda with Vision. It was also his villain arc where he was depicted as a bigot. Which was why so many celebrated PAD writing him after. He cleaned up that bs that really didn't make sense. Because of the hatred Wanda and Pietro received because of their powers. Englehart just never seemed to like him.
    spoilers:
    Agreed he looked more like Mephisto to mee or maybe Chton
    end of spoilers
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    spoilers:
    There is a major leak going around that seemingly confirms that Evan Peters does appear be to playing a version of Quicksilver. It also has other footage containing spoilers. Proceed at your own discretion.

This is the link to the leak: https://streamable.com/lthha5

end of spoilers
    Just an elaborate troll by Marvel / Disney to make everyone think something else entirely when they released the news he would be on the show.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    spoilers:
    I saw this very cool theory that Evan's character could be Simon Williams, and the reason why he's ''playing'' Pietro it's because he is a popular actor in that universe, and Wanda (or whoever is in charge of Westview) decided to ''cast'' him as her brother. I mean, I guess that wouldn't be as exciting as him playing the big villain like so many people want... but it could be a nice nod to the comics.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The guy who got the "Glamour & Illusion" thing right also said that Simon Williams is an actor who is playing a part in this world. However, he might have been just guessing the Glamour & Illusion thing based on the comics and promo stills, and the Simon Williams tweet might just be him pulling from the origin of Master Pandemonium.

The account said that in the '80s episode, Dottie will try to steal Vision away, so if that's true then some of his other spoilers might be true.

I'd actually really like for the Dottie thing to be true, because it's a perfect Very Special Episode plot and would also call back to when Mantis tried to break up the couple. However, I'm not getting my hopes up.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    spoilers:
    Kang was cast a black man, so I think that rules out any possibility that Evan Peters is playing any version of him.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think if they do go down the line of Kang being a time traveller, he'd have to change his appearance all over the place, so having his Immortus face be white doesnt rule out anything imo, though I agree it's definitely a stretch which is why I put it last.

Your theory is certainly possible if they want to introduce Simon Williams, but if they aren't introducing him in order to have Wonder Man appear, I don't really see the point and he doesn't have the body type for that character. I'd enjoy seeing him though.
    end of spoilers
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    spoilers:
    The guy who got the "Glamour & Illusion" thing right also said that Simon Williams is an actor who is playing a part in this world. However, he might have been just guessing the Glamour & Illusion thing based on the comics and promo stills, and the Simon Williams tweet might just be him pulling from the origin of Master Pandemonium.

The account said that in the '80s episode, Dottie will try to steal Vision away, so if that's true then some of his other spoilers might be true.

I'd actually really like for the Dottie thing to be true, because it's a perfect Very Special Episode plot and would also call back to when Mantis tried to break up the couple. However, I'm not getting my hopes up.
    end of spoilers
    I personally was not a fan of the love triangles in comics spoilers:
    So I hope they do not do that in the show.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I personally was not a fan of the love triangles in comics spoilers:
    So I hope they do not do that in the show.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's fair, but in a sitcom episode it's not really a triangle, it's just a stock plot where one of the characters is tempted to cheat, but in the end, they don't. "The Simpsons" did this plot about three times in the first five years, first with Marge being tempted to cheat on Homer, and then Homer gets offers to cheat on Marge from two different gorgeous women, which... seems a bit much. But anyway it would be very true to the sitcom roots and also an excuse for Wanda and Vision to have their first argument in this world.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    spoilers:
    That's fair, but in a sitcom episode it's not really a triangle, it's just a stock plot where one of the characters is tempted to cheat, but in the end, they don't. "The Simpsons" did this plot about three times in the first five years, first with Marge being tempted to cheat on Homer, and then Homer gets offers to cheat on Marge from two different gorgeous women, which... seems a bit much. But anyway it would be very true to the sitcom roots and also an excuse for Wanda and Vision to have their first argument in this world.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm just not keen to bring the relationship down that bitter road even if it's just a reference of it. I know Marvel hates happiness, but some relationships do last. And don't smack of Jerry Springer.
    end of spoilers