Page 165 of 283 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    I suspect they always intended to end the show with the usual Marvel big bang / to be continued sort of ending. It seems that Marvel can't or won't escape from their own branding and tropes. The first few sitcom styled episodes were truly wonderful though. It would have been very cool if they'd finished out the series by transitioning from a sitcom style exploration of Wanda's state of mind to something more like a dystopian drama ala Twin Peaks, once Wanda realized that she couldn't continue to hide from her grief in a fantasy world. Then she could have accepted her loss, dissolved the sitcom/nightmare fantasy world, and walked back out into the 'real' MCU at the end. That would have been a tidy end to WandaVision as a standalone story, but it wouldn't fulfill the MCU producers' needs to have WandaVision kick off the next phase of Marvel movies. To me it almost felt like watching two completely different productions: a strange exploration of grief, with a big, superficial Marvel movie tacked on at the end.
    Yeah, those first 7 episodes are still some of the best things to come out of the MCU.
    But they dropped the ball hard on those last two episodes.
    I knew as soon as Agatha was revealed to be the big bad that the show was going to go downhill.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Would it have been possible for Wanda to create her sitcom Smallville without using real people? Would it have played better if the populace were psionic/magic constructs of some sort?

Ultimate Member

I don't entirely agree. While I'm usually not one who thinks "we always need a villain," I did want to see them show off their powers. Having a big battle at the end doesn't preclude everything before it.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Scarlet Witch losing control of her powers and accidentaly controlling people's minds is one of those things where you can sort of forgive since nobody died, and nothing truly permanent happened.

If people can forgive Tony for Ultron, they can forgive Wanda over that.

It's on a much smaller degree than 616 Wanda having the decimation on her conscience since that was far more damaging on a longer period of time.
    Tony for ultron, Bruce for Ultron, Bucky for everyone he killed, Natasha for her sins, Clint for the murder spree, Thor started a war, ect Wanda's actions seem tame in comparison to all that at least her meatpuppets are still breathing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Tony for ultron, Bruce for Ultron, Bucky for everyone he killed, Natasha for her sins, Clint for the murder spree, Thor started a war, ect Wanda's actions seem tame in comparison to all that at least her meatpuppets are still breathing.
    That's true. I just hope going forward she becomes more consciously heroic, and not villanized.

Did anyone else enjoy Visions philosophy discussion and meta awakening?

I thought it was the best thing about the finale.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Who suggested this? This post comes after mine and not quoting anyone.
    That would be me.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Mayor???? You think after being mind controlled like puppets by her the people of Westview would make her Mayor???? The woman whos possession is described as being mentally traumatic and physically painful?? Are you crazy?
    Yes, but she wouldn't be possessing them. She learned her lesson. And just look at Dottie's ... sorry, Sarah's roses. They've never looked better. Vote Wanda. She gets things done. Just ask wacky new town resident Agnes. Downtown vibrant, clean and safe. Houses on every vacant lot. Fun festivals for the children. And powerful protection spells to keep out the riff raff. With Wanda in charge, Westview will be the safest, most beautiful small town in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats fine. Alot of people didnt see Wanda having actually been the one controlling everyone before this series aired and thats the direction theyw ent with
    Especially because there was no controlling, it was all on autopilot as stated by agatha and wanda was hardly in control of herself.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by zvrk View Post

I didn't understand it honestly I was way too high to process it on an intellectual level the whole thing left me confused in the end.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The greater problem here is that none of the MCU characters ever have to face the consequences of their actions.
    You can get away with this for the first phrase, but one of the disappointments I had with Civil War was that they touched on this, and then they went 'Oh wait! It was all this one guy!'

In comparison, I think what Wanda did was tame, however the show was going into the effects of her actions and then just hand waved it at the last second.
    Marvel had their chance to do something different and blew it.
    Last edited by FFJamie94; 03-05-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zvrk View Post

I was worried for a moment that whiteVision would be convinced to self-destruct so I'm glad they didn't go that cliched. "Must destroy Vision but I am Vision. Must destroy self." BOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    The greater problem here is that none of the MCU characters ever have to face the consequences of their actions.
    You can get away with this for the first phrase, but one of the disappointments I had with Civil War was that they touched on this, and then they went 'Oh wait! It was all this one guy!'
    That's been true of most of comics though too. Marvel is good at making heroes bad. Bringing them back from that is another thing. And MU citizens have always been fodder.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    That would be me.

Yes, but she wouldn't be possessing them. She learned her lesson. And just look at Dottie's ... sorry, Sarah's roses. They've never looked better. Vote Wanda. She gets things done. Just ask wacky new town resident Agnes. Downtown vibrant, clean and safe. Houses on every vacant lot. Fun festivals for the children. And powerful protection spells to keep out the riff raff. With Wanda in charge, Westview will be the safest, most beautiful small town in America.
    On some real **** she cleaned Westview up in 1 day take away the scary nightmares they'd have nothing to bitch about I'd vote for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Ngl, I felt that was a bit rushed. After the gut punch that was the previous episode, this one felt kinda just ok? Like there's nothing I DIDN'T like about it (well, I guess Pietro being Ralph), but there was nothing that really wowed me, really. I loved seeing her new costume, and them putting the kids to sleep and then saying goodbye was good, as well as the hook for them coming back in DS2. But it's just kinda, well, ok. More than wishing something else had happened (mutants, Mephisto, Doctor Strange), I just wish that what we saw had more of an impact?
    My sentiments exactly, it was ok, but it really played out in the most obvious direction one would expect. I was hoping for some clever twists or surprise.

So who was Jimmy Woo's missing witness? Ralph maybe? Did I miss something?

I feel like Agatha wasn't really given much motivation other than standard "bad guy wants all the powers."

spoilers:
    I am glad one of the 2 Visions survived, and that Bettany will have a chance to reappear in future projects. I also REALLY liked that they solved their battle not with a big energy blast but with a meeting of the mind and coming to an understanding.

"Thanks for the lesson. But I don’t need you to tell me who I am”. Yes, Wanda is so beyond Agatha now, there is no need for this mentorship. Although she did survive as a prisoner so Wanda can always come to her for information like cop questioning a perp.

Wanda reading the Darkhold looks like future trouble, I was hoping there would be some redemption for her character, but it looks like she WAS behind all the townsfolk torture. Apparently, "Dottie" (Sarah) couldn't even see her daughter who was locked in her room??? That's sooo messed up!

I don't care about Skrulls. Sorry, I just don't. And MCU Skrulls just look like "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" demons. I found it a completely underwhelming mid credit scene. Monica working with Fury seems pretty obvious and not worth a set up.

The ending with Vision saying goodbye [B]was[/B incredibly ] touching though. I admit it, I cried. So they delivered on that front. That coupled with Bettany's delivery of "love persevering" in the previous episode really cemented Vision as the MVP of the series imo.
    end of spoilers
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Especially because there was no controlling, it was all on autopilot as stated by agatha and wanda was hardly in control of herself.
    For sure. Chaos is the antithesis of control. I hope they have Wanda traditionally trained to use other magics to control the chaos.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.