Page 208 of 283 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Don't get me wrong, there was a LOT of stuff in WandaVision that I did end up liking. Especially when it came to things relating to mental illness. Here is somebody defending Wanda's actions in light of her state of mind:

"In real-world examples, trauma victims often fluctuate between periods of lucidity and delusion, and there are moments of both throughout the show. Wanda has moments of confusion, denial, and misunderstanding, and several times becomes part of the delusion.

And I understand there are far too many people with mental health issues who are not fully able to comprehend their actions or the harm that they can cause. Wanda is a mentally unhealthy person, suffering from psychotic breaks from reality (literally), chronic depression, and displays evidence of dissociative identity disorder, PTSD, survivor's guilt, self-harm, and other issues. It may be a superhero story, but her trauma is a very REAL and relatable thing, and it's why we treat these disorders with proper therapy and medication.

Now, when a loved one acts out due to their disorder, would you say blaming their disorder is a "flimsy excuse"? I'd doubt it. It IS harmful. It IS destructive. But a character struggling with their psychosis and grief, slowly beginning to first acknowledge reality and then accept reality, certainly IS a character arc, especially at the cost of everything she fabricated for her own happiness.

We see the world around her alter without her consent. As she expresses confusion at events that happen. The entirety of Episode 8 is a journey for her to recollect parts of her mind she was actively suppressing. Parts of her history she was in denial about. From big things to little things, Wanda was in a very believable cycle of mental hiccups, which is why for instance she had such a weird way of interacting with Fietro."

So Jac and her team did a great job on that front!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Reading this and not commenting so much. I'm older than most of you I bet; 65 and have been a Marvel fan reader since the late '60s. I totally love Wanda.

It distresses me when I hear likely X-Men/Mutant fans say something like House of M is Wanda's most significant storyline, ever.

Really? I know that is not 'us' here but like someone above, or to paraphrase, I've waited my whole aching life for something this good; WandaVision. The homage to "Even an Android can Cry" was incredible.
    So while many of us are not / totally happy, I would have to say, I can't really agree and I don't have horrible moral conflicts about what she did/right or not.
    It is a story and stories change; good Goddess, Wanda's has enough. I'm delighted that mutants won't happen just yet and/ or maybe Fantastic Four will happen first, as they're really beloved characters too.
    There was a time in the Avengers when Agatha first came to be Wanda's teacher, when terrifying noises and voices were heard from 'their' room and it was inferred or 'switch/bait' that something demonic was going on. But Agatha got that from her first appearance in FF.
    So I'm not particularly scared or annoyed over this most likely switch and bait stuff. It's Hollywood; Witches are almost always 'in'.
    I loved that homage. I think every Wanda and Vision fan around the world did.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I wish they had addressed it more but it seems like the strangling scene in the finale was to show that when she gets challenged, her powers reach out and punish the other person on their own. It’s like an automatic result of her panicking, just like the Hex started as an automatic result of her breaking down.
    That is what I think she realized, and why she took the Bruce Banner route at the end if you remember the incredible hulk from 2008. She realized after her awakening in episode eight and then the realizations of the Hex In episode nine and combine with the finale of the final episode they were powers are now on a whole new level of dangerous than they were before, so she needs to keep yourself away from everyone and learn how to control her powers which I think is a very good move to know who you are now and what she has to do to become better.

Honestly a lot of people I’m talking to outside CBR still see her very heroic and very grown-up in taking this move and they feel very bad for her, I think we need to give the story time to tell her tail and I really see her as the new Bruce Banner of this next phase of marvel and will go through a similar story arc.

I See a great deal love for her much more than I ever thought was possible, and I still feel this was a great boom for her character even though we get worried it might not be or what might happen which makes sense but after we have broken down the events of this story to see the hardships she had to learn threw, I still trust the things in the long term will work out for our Wanda and we just need to give time for the story to be told.

The MCU has showed us that Heroes have fails that must be true overcome and when they can they Strive to do even if it’s not 100% clean as we would like it to be and I get that worry cause we Love Wanda SO Much and that is such a good thing!

It is the striving threw these events that make these stories how engaging they are and make us and should help us to cheer for our favorites to overcome them and to show marvel the true views of why we love Wanda SO!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, there was a LOT of stuff in WandaVision that I did end up liking. Especially when it came to things relating to mental illness. Here is somebody defending Wanda's actions in light of her state of mind:

"In real-world examples, trauma victims often fluctuate between periods of lucidity and delusion, and there are moments of both throughout the show. Wanda has moments of confusion, denial, and misunderstanding, and several times becomes part of the delusion.

And I understand there are far too many people with mental health issues who are not fully able to comprehend their actions or the harm that they can cause. Wanda is a mentally unhealthy person, suffering from psychotic breaks from reality (literally), chronic depression, and displays evidence of dissociative identity disorder, PTSD, survivor's guilt, self-harm, and other issues. It may be a superhero story, but her trauma is a very REAL and relatable thing, and it's why we treat these disorders with proper therapy and medication.

Now, when a loved one acts out due to their disorder, would you say blaming their disorder is a "flimsy excuse"? I'd doubt it. It IS harmful. It IS destructive. But a character struggling with their psychosis and grief, slowly beginning to first acknowledge reality and then accept reality, certainly IS a character arc, especially at the cost of everything she fabricated for her own happiness.

We see the world around her alter without her consent. As she expresses confusion at events that happen. The entirety of Episode 8 is a journey for her to recollect parts of her mind she was actively suppressing. Parts of her history she was in denial about. From big things to little things, Wanda was in a very believable cycle of mental hiccups, which is why for instance she had such a weird way of interacting with Fietro."

So Jac and her team did a great job on that front!
    It's a tv show not a documentary about mental health. I think a lot of people have problems processing it.

Don't take it too seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It's a tv show not a documentary about mental health. I think a lot of people have problems processing it.

Oh, I don't. I think WandaVision did a pretty good job of portraying mental health in a superhero context. Just wish the Agatha and Wanda fight would have had less exposition in it.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post

Indeed and I keep recommending videos like these below to help fans who are having a hard time understanding what Wanda went threw to watch them cause they do great job explaining allot of what the story was getting at with what Wanda was going threw, they are MUST WATCHES!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Kathryn Hahn interview:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/07/a...ndavision.html

Does the fate that Agatha meets at the end of “WandaVision” — to have to return to being Agnes for some unspecified period of time — really seem like a punishment?

I actually don’t think, ultimately, that she minds it. She needed to rest for a hot second. She’s been very restless. I think she was very lonely, for a very, very long time. She loves having the companionship — loves the mailman, loves Ralph, loves Dottie. For the moment, I think she’s actually OK to just loosen the corset and sit and have a muffin and a latte.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I guess Hahn doesn't think it's punishment, then it's not!

And as much as I LOVE the epic Fietro troll in WandaVision, I just want to say that I feel very VERY bad for Quicksilver fans. Man, Marvel Studios must REALLY hate that character. They've **** on him so many times. And they could have used Peters for other characters besides Fietro later on down the line. He's a great actor!

Extraordinary Member

I think she’s kidding (especially since Dottie, the mailman, etc don’t even exist now that they’re back to normal) but it does bring up another of the many unaddressed points: what exactly is “Agnes” doing in the real Westview, where her TV persona doesn’t fit? Wanda said no one would bother her so she might just be invisible, but we’ll never know until she inevitably comes back.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think Agatha was playing along with Wanda at that last part, that moment made me remember the magic Loki used on his father to send him to the Asylum and Odin said it took him a while to free himself but at last he could. Agatha is a way more experienced magic user than Wanda and can free herself, my guess going by Hanh comments is that she will be "seeing Wanda around" and will definitely be a factor in the MoM. One of the things that got my attention was that moment where she said to Tommy and Billy "Listen to your mother" She didn´t want to hurt them, mostly she wanted Wanda to realize who she was, she forced Wanda to see what she was doing to the entire Town and made her face them head on and also warned Wanda "You don´t know what you are doing" with her use of chaos magic. If marvel wants I think they still can make Agatha her grey aligned mentor, just like most magical mentors are since Merlin.

I think the show was ok, it would have been better if they didn´t use Monica to try to absolve Wanda, it wasn´t really neccesary and that just made Wanda and Monica look bad, I would have liked if they decided to work together at the end and help wanda control her powers or Wanda helping to rebuild the town, that would have been a lot better than that line. But well Monica is going to go to Ms Marvel movie while Wanda will have her MoM movie.

I hope to see a rival/antagonist alliance between Agatha and Wanda while Dr Strange and Wong deal with Nightmare and I am waiting marvel to bring back the inhumans so Pietro can appear already married with Crystal with his little girl on the way, just like in the comics when they thought he was dead.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think Agatha was playing along with Wanda at that last part, that moment made me remember the magic Loki used on his father to send him to the Asylum and Odin said it took him a while to free himself but at last he could. Agatha is a way more experienced magic user than Wanda and can free herself, my guess going by Hanh comments is that she will be "seeing Wanda around" and will definitely be a factor in the MoM. One of the things that got my attention was that moment where she said to Tommy and Billy "Listen to your mother" She didn´t want to hurt them, mostly she wanted Wanda to realize who she was, she forced Wanda to see what she was doing to the entire Town and made her face them head on and also warned Wanda "You don´t know what you are doing" with her use of chaos magic. If marvel wants I think they still can make Agatha her grey aligned mentor, just like most magical mentors are since Merlin.

I think the show was ok, it would have been better if they didn´t use Monica to try to absolve Wanda, it wasn´t really neccesary and that just made Wanda and Monica look bad, I would have liked if they decided to work together at the end and help wanda control her powers or Wanda helping to rebuild the town, that would have been a lot better than that line. But well Monica is going to go to Ms Marvel movie while Wanda will have her MoM movie.

I hope to see a rival/antagonist alliance between Agatha and Wanda while Dr Strange and Wong deal with Nightmare and I am waiting marvel to bring back the inhumans so Pietro can appear already married with Crystal with his little girl on the way, just like in the comics when they thought he was dead.
    Let's be honest. Hayward by far was portrayed the worst in that show. He literally was a Saturday morning cartoon villain. But Monica, Agatha, and Wanda didn't come out of it looking great either. Agatha and Monica were pretty lame in that last episode. I definitely agree that Wanda and Monica should have made SOME efforts to help fix Westview, it would have taken the sting out of what Wanda did there.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-07-2021 at 04:46 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think Hayward was just in his role, he´s a goverment agent who doesn´t care about Superheros, wants to control them to get an edge over them and maybe doens´t see them are real people who can be hurt, He was not there to be complex or complicated at all. So I don´t see him as looking worst when that was the role given to him since the beggining.

From Monica, Vision, Agatha and Wanda, I think Monica looked the best of them all, she wanted to help Wanda, keep her away from Agatha, rescue Westview, oppose Hayward and found out about white Vision. She bassically did everything right in the story but the story, except for that line and the fact the story is not about her. Vision wanted to rescue his family and Westview and opposed his twin and won in an interesting way.

Agatha and Wanda came out looking; evil and grey respectively but I think both had some moments when their better self showed in the story and given this is a trilogy I believe we will see the rest of their story in MoM and maybe some other movies after that one.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-07-2021 at 04:56 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think Hayward was just in his role, he´s a goverment agent who doesn´t care about Superheros, wants to control them to get an edge over them and maybe doens´t see them are real people who can be hurt, He was not there to be complex or complicated at all. So I don´t see him as looking worst when that was the role given to him since the beggining.

From Monica, Vision, Agatha and Wanda, I think Monica looked the best of them all, she wanted to help Wanda, keep her away from Agatha, rescue Westview, oppose Hayward and found out about white Vision. She bassically did everything right in the story but the story wans´t about her. Vision wanted to rescue his family and Westview and opposed his twin and won in an interesting way.

Agatha and Wanda came out looking; evil and grey respectively but I think both had some moments when their better self showed in the story and given this is a trilogy I believe we will see the rest of their story in MoM and maybe some other movies after that one.
    Agree with all of your above points.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Let's be honest. Hayward by far was portrayed the worst in that show. He literally was a Saturday morning cartoon villain. But Monica, Agatha, and Wanda didn't come out of it looking great either. Agatha and Monica were pretty lame in that last episode. I definitely agree that Wanda and Monica should have made SOME efforts to help fix Westview, it would have taken the sting out of what Wanda did there.
    Well, that is a small detail. Avengers probably has a damage control to fix the collateral effets of superheroing.

It's really funny how suddenly people care about damages. There was Man of Steel, but that destroyed completely a huge portion of a city.
    Wht happened on Westview is really small