Page 232 of 283 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

DoctorStrangeInTheMultiverseOfMadness creative team is "trying to make sure" that they are "honoring" what was done on WandaVision, explains actress ElizabethOlsen! Full quote:
    https://thedirect.com/article/wandav...itch-mcu-story

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I'm glad it had a sad ending, but doesn't Wanda still searching for her kids contradict the message?
    I think the credits scene is her reading Darkhold to learn more about herself and the prophecy but ended up hearing her kids' voice.
    She was perfectly willing to let her family go as it was, but there is new development.
    It's almost like the scenario where you family members have late-stage cancer or other incurable disease and you and your family went through a lot of mental struggle to finally make peace with the fact, and then they suddenly tell you there is a miracle cure or at least a way for them to survive at last minute.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    For all my problems with the ending, I think it was right and good that there was no bigger villain controlling Wanda who would swoop in and absolve her of guilt. MCU Wanda's popularity is exploding because she made huge mistakes for reasons they can identify with.

That's why "Agatha All Along" was such a good moment. It wasn't really about Agatha, it was about Wanda. Wanda has just admitted that maybe she's the villain, and now that she's found out the truth about Agatha, she's hoping that this will be the moment when the "real" villain comes in to make her not guilty and give her a happy ending, just like the contrived happy endings in the first three episodes. But no, this is the end of Wanda's sitcom and no one is going to let her off the hook. I said that most of the show didn't let us see anything from Wanda's perspective, but I think we did get it there.

I just wish they had let her fight someone other than Agatha. The creators have said they looked at the "Witch's Road" story from Wanda's solo comic as an inspiration and I think they basically combined comic Agatha Harkness with the Emerald Warlock, the power-draining villain Wanda fights in that story. It gave Kathryn Hahn a bigger part, I guess.
    I Really Like this Post you just made Gurkle and it makes me happy to see you are seeing it too, while Indeed the ending of WandaVision has justifable reasons and problems with it as has been pointed out, its after effect has been nothing less then a Phenomenon in and of itself, the Exploding popularity of MCU Wanda and it seems even Wanda's Character in General with that story of the TPB's selling out, WOW, and this positive response being in being vast love for Wanda's character and even understanding of her has been Amazing, many of us did not expect it espically with our fears of the HoM story being apart of this.

But it works and was in partway was a right move to have the Ending being not of an external force, but that of a Hard Lesson Journey of a Woman broken to her Rock Bottom and had to rise out of it to a new idenity and even more powerful a new Responiblity she did not want but had to take on cause of who she found out she really was. She had to give up her true dream to do what had to be the ultimate good and take up this new responsiblity.

Wanda become Relatable, that has been her best succes story out of all of this. Many can relate to her pain, her lost, her grief, her struggles with Mental Trauma and how it effects you perception on the world and indeed this is a huge issue many people deal with. Her desires and dreams, both being lovely but humanly selfish at times, She makes mistakes, she Sins, she hurts at all the right moments like any viewer has done. Wanda becomes the person Watching the show and she becomes relatable cause seeing her strive threw this awful time in her life is a metiphor to us strive to overcomer our shortcummings and awful parts of our lives too.

That is why whenever I see a post on another site hitting on Wanda for her Actions in Westview, many more come out supporting and defending her cause of her real world connects to real mental suffering, accidental mistakes and striving to do what is ulimately right at the cost of what she wants most.

This really never happens, espically on the internet, to see such a response like this truly is a moment in the net's and even our society as a whole that a character like Wanda rarely happens. That Wanda has cut threw to connect with so many fans and garden so much support, but it makes sense cause she has been allowed to be, well........Human.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 03-10-2021 at 09:32 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    For all my problems with the ending, I think it was right and good that there was no bigger villain controlling Wanda who would swoop in and absolve her of guilt. MCU Wanda's popularity is exploding because she made huge mistakes for reasons they can identify with.

That's why "Agatha All Along" was such a good moment. It wasn't really about Agatha, it was about Wanda. Wanda has just admitted that maybe she's the villain, and now that she's found out the truth about Agatha, she's hoping that this will be the moment when the "real" villain comes in to make her not guilty and give her a happy ending, just like the contrived happy endings in the first three episodes. But no, this is the end of Wanda's sitcom and no one is going to let her off the hook. I said that most of the show didn't let us see anything from Wanda's perspective, but I think we did get it there.

I just wish they had let her fight someone other than Agatha. The creators have said they looked at the "Witch's Road" story from Wanda's solo comic as an inspiration and I think they basically combined comic Agatha Harkness with the Emerald Warlock, the power-draining villain Wanda fights in that story. It gave Kathryn Hahn a bigger part, I guess.
    Aside from Monica Rambeau .

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Aside from Monica Rambeau .
    I often saw Monica Rambeau as being us and the us that has been having this postive support Wanda threw this story cause we saw the whole story and it connected to us like it connect to Monica cause of her mother and feeling Wanda's pain like we felt her pain.

It is understanding the truth of what Wanda went threw, of the accidentail nature of the hex and the cost of what it took to set it right, a special view of evens not afford to anyone else in the MCU society expect Monica and expect to the outside Watchers, Us.

It is not letting her off the hook as more of knowing what truly happen to her and why both Monica and the views as a whole have come to support Wanda and understand her threw this story.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    DoctorStrangeInTheMultiverseOfMadness creative team is "trying to make sure" that they are "honoring" what was done on WandaVision, explains actress ElizabethOlsen! Full quote:
    https://thedirect.com/article/wandav...itch-mcu-story
    That's good to know. Sometimes the character progressions in the earlier phases, like Tony in AoU, and Black Widow before Civil War, were inconsistent, but I feel they've been much more consistent since Civil War.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'm glad it had a sad ending, but doesn't Wanda still searching for her kids contradict the message?
    There is at least two ways to interpret that scene. Either Wanda was actively trying to find a way to bring them back, or she was doing something completely unrelated when she just realized they were still out there by chance. Like some have mentioned, I'm leaning towards the latter more, because she seemed actually surprised to hear their voice.

Wandavision still hasn't explained what the missing kids' sign on the milk box meant.
    Maybe there wasn't anything to explain. Maybe it was just a milk box. We've established that fans read too much into some things that appeared in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    There is at least two ways to interpret that scene. Either Wanda was actively trying to find a way to bring them back, or she was doing something completely unrelated when she just realized they were still out there by chance. Like some have mentioned, I'm leaning towards the latter more, because she seemed actually surprised to hear their voice.

Maybe there wasn't anything to explain. Maybe it was just a milk box. We've established that fans read too much into some things that appeared in the show.
    To me, we have no timing for context. This could have been soon after WV, or weeks or months even. We don't know.

I favor the idea that she had been studying on her own, but that the voices are random; she may have heard them before, but it may always be startling, for her at least.
    For DS 2, rather than picking straight up from these events or whatever else is 'real time' with other series or movies, I'd like there to be a sense that Strange and Wanda have been in communication and possibly aware of the twins/issue.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    You're right, although I put her as anti-hero for much of CW, although all the heroes were anti hero for much of it haha
    I don't think either side were really anti-hero. They really barely fought and then everyone started chasing Bucky.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think either side were really anti-hero. They really barely fought and then everyone started chasing Bucky.
    I was trying to make a joke. They fought each other, so they were "anti hero"

Agatha's WandaVision Role Changed Massively Over the Show's Development

https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-agat...entor-villain/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Agatha's WandaVision Role Changed Massively Over the Show's Development

https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-agat...entor-villain/
    If she's not a villain in the comics, why's she one in the show?

For the theme song naturally

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    For the theme song naturally
    Hahaha, that was cool

Because it's not the comics....? These are adaptions and things change between the source and what is up on screen .