Page 2 of 283 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Really enjoyed the first two episodes. Reality warping hasn't been used all that great in comicbook adaptions before, and I dig the crisis buildup.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I think that too is what Disney is banking on, that with each episode per week will bring hype and focus for each episode more individualy and this format works best for this show cause it is more of an uneasy mystery around the whole sitcom life that is seemingly breaking down a little more each episode but by bit. If you released it all at once the hype or build up that you get from the net thinking over each episode would pass to soon and it might loss its flare for what is revealed the next episode.

This is a formula that worked well with The Mandilorian and why yes that is a other kind of show, still leaving fans to water cooler gossip over and pick apart each episode by themselves waiting for the next just made the show much better.

So yea when this is it be a great show to bing watch, but for making 1st time impressions on fans it stays with the public longer each episode with a weekly traditional format.
    Many streaming services are doing the weekly thing again. If you work your episodes as being stand alones like a serial, makes no sense drop them at once.

I see that some people aren't having the patience of watching old sitcoms, their loss

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Many streaming services are doing the weekly thing again. If you work your episodes as being stand alones like a serial, makes no sense drop them at once.

I see that some people aren't having the patience of watching old sitcoms, their loss
    Indeed I honestly enjoyed this allot more, yea old shows that already had their time to drop in the past I don't might binging cause that weekly drop already happen. But when you have new episodes to shows and you get a weekly bases, you get time to savor each part of that episode, break it down and taking in the build of a world and story uniqueness that that episode brings.

Espically when it has a buiding mysteiry around it like this one or any other building narative that will lead to an important payoff later down the road. It is My Classic and Favorite way of Storytelling, from the early days of Anime On TV when each episode was an event that lead into another, to the Walking Dead build on each episode to build their world and characters, I just enjoy this style of storytelling that takes its time to let the audience savor each episode like it should, cause then those episodes stay with you for so much longer.

Big Drops just IMO are cool but it could lead to breazing over important easter eggs or plot points to get to the main course point to fast and then the build up we all shared together gets lost.

Just Watch The Mandalorian mash-up reaction videos for each and every episode reminds me now adays of why I like this format of weekly storytelling in TV and other medium like Anime. Much more then just WandaVision, it is a form of Storytelling I love seeing to build and shape a world and charcters for fans to take with them for years and remember foundly.

If you get that out of big drops, that is good and enjoy, but I like to enjoy the weekly build even more when it is offered.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I might be in the minority, but it was sooo boring.

I can already see the cogs behind the scenes, they are only using bookends to move the proper MCU forward because they know they can't make real changes in a TV show because that's reserved for the movies.

It reeks of what happened to Agents of SHIELD.

I may be wrong and the final episodes can be on par with the MCU but these first two episodes were so grating and inconsequential.
    This Honestly Makes more sense you may have realized, cause while yea I and many other have praise how good this show is, it was always a risk to take this unique and different turn in Superhero storytelling.

It was never going to work for everyone and it makes sense why, I can at timessee where the problems can lye in most medium even in ones I love and why falling outs with others that why it did not work for them and that is perfect ok and makes sense.

To take such a different turn in storytelling like this one it was bound to turn a good enough amount of fans off, so yea I get why it will not be for everyone for various reasons.

Also Yea it is a Crime that Agents of SHIELD, a show I have and will gladly bing one day cause I missed out on experiing it new after the 1st few episodes sadly, that it did not have greater or at all impact on the MCU story as a whole, that show should have been given some honor towards it effects on the MCU as a whole.

But the Good thing about WandaVision is that it has been said its events Will lead into and have an Impact on the New Doctor Strang Movie and lead into it, so at least by what they are saying for now Marvel Studios is trying for now to remedy its TV shortcumming from before, at least I hope they stick to that.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Well i watch The Lucy Show, Here's Lucy, and Golden Girls to this day as of within the last week so i definitely love old sitcoms and if this shows acted as such and presented in a way that it felt like a traditional sitcom that was going to transition later i think i would have enjoyed it more. But the laugh track at weird moments and the two main actors acting like actors acting like actors in a sitcom doesn't work for me personally in a per episode weekly setting. I don't know how this was film but i don't feel you can make one movie like show and then break it down into episodes and hope they work individual.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    This Honestly Makes more sense you may have realized, cause while yea I and many other have praise how good this show is, it was always a risk to take this unique and different turn in Superhero storytelling.

It was never going to work for everyone and it makes sense why, I can at timessee where the problems can lye in most medium even in ones I love and why falling outs with others that why it did not work for them and that is perfect ok and makes sense.

To take such a different turn in storytelling like this one it was bound to turn a good enough amount of fans off, so yea I get why it will not be for everyone for various reasons.

Also Yea it is a Crime that Agents of SHIELD, a show I have and will gladly bing one day cause I missed out on experiing it new after the 1st few episodes sadly, that it did not have greater or at all impact on the MCU story as a whole, that show should have been given some honor towards it effects on the MCU as a whole.

But the Good thing about WandaVision is that it has been said its events Will lead into and have an Impact on the New Doctor Strang Movie and lead into it, so at least by what they are saying for now Marvel Studios is trying for now to remedy its TV shortcumming from before, at least I hope they stick to that.
    The biggest deference between SHIELD and this is that this has Wanda and Vision. So I do hope that it makes an impact because I don't want these two be relegated to Daredevil status where they're part of the MCU but not really anymore

Extraordinary Member

I can already see the cogs behind the scenes, they are only using bookends to move the proper MCU forward because they know they can't make real changes in a TV show because that's reserved for the movies.

It reeks of what happened to Agents of SHIELD.

I may be wrong and the final episodes can be on par with the MCU but these first two episodes were so grating and inconsequential.

I disagree.
    The Disney plus marvel shows will not be like marvel shows under marvel entertainment.

Marvel's Disney+ shows will "directly affect" the MCU according to a Captain Marvel producer
    The Disney+ streaming service is going to be essential for MCU fans
    Thought Marvel Disney+ shows would be a mere afterthought and just a slate filled with spin-offs and side stories? Think again. According to one of the producers of Captain Marvel, things on the TV wing of Marvel, for the first time ever, are going to directly tie in to the MCU-at-large. Are we sure there’s enough hours in the day to cram all this in? Either way, the Disney+ streaming service just went from something to keep an eye on to absolutely unmissable.

To read more go here.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/marvels-d...rvel-producer/

How important will Marvel’s Disney+ shows be in understanding the Cinematic Universe?
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/12/...ar-wars-avatar

MCU Disney+ TV Shows Bring Something You Can't Get in a Movie Promises Marvel Boss
    https://movieweb.com/mcu-disney-plus...s-kevin-feige/

Extraordinary Member

The biggest deference between SHIELD and this is that this has Wanda and Vision. So I do hope that it makes an impact because I don't want these two be relegated to Daredevil status where they're part of the MCU but not really anymore
    Well, SHIELD became detached from the MCU because Feige just wouldn't acknowledge it at all. The show tried to set up an Inhumans movie, which Feige canceled. He brought back Coulson but only in a story set in the past, so he never had to address anything that happened on SHIELD. Once he no longer had to take orders from the publishing arm of Marvel, he could do what he wanted and he didn't want to tie his movies to what happened on Netflix or ABC.

Feige is producing these new Disney+ shows himself, so things will certainly happen on them that will be followed up in the movies.

Of course people won't have to watch the TV shows to understand the movies, but then again it seems like they don't bother to explain what happened in the movies, either. But we'll probably be able to see a character in the movies and know that they first appeared in a TV show, like the adult Monica Rambeau.
    Last edited by gurkle; 01-15-2021 at 09:07 PM.

Amazing Member

The end of ep 2 was mad creepy.

Extraordinary Member

So S.W.O.R.D is Sentient Weapons Observation & Response Department....I am thinking Wanda and Vision...along with others (Geraldine/Monica Rambeau, etc...) are somehow imprisoned a la Pleasant Hill. Also I think they will drag out the reveal.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I also think it would have been better off being released all at once, because I worry people aren't going to come back if they think this is all going to be nothing but sitcom parodies.

However, Disney feels, and they're probably right, that a show gets more buzz when it's released weekly, instead of having everyone talk about it for one or two weeks like happens for a lot of Netflix shows.
    See I disagree, yes it is funny sitcom parodies or similarities, however, there is enough mystery and intrigue to keep. Marvel fans will see the Red color, the missing memories, the snippets of a voice calling for Wanda. Just enough to know that something isn't right.

Plus the second episode was a different time period compared to the first. So that's another aspect to the mystery. And the entire ending changed from B&W to color. I think there is enough mystery and curiosity to easily keep viewers coming back. And I think these next few episodes will have more hints and more clues. Builds on the suspense.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Loved the first two episodes. Love how the creepiness is seeping in too. Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany have such great chemistry and it shines in these episodes. Hoping we get more and more creepy as the "sitcom" episodes happen.

I do find it so funny and insane that some people in here are saying this won't have any effect on the greater MCU because it's a tv show. Comparing it to the Netflix Marvel series and AOS.... two shows that weren't run or touched by Feige in any way... He doesnt want to acknowledge anything that he hasn't had some sort of control over. Also... Do they not realize that the series leads into Doctor Strange 2?

Man, it does the heart good to see the Marvel Studios intro again, now with Endgame footage, although it was sad seeing Black Panther...

It's got to be surreal for some given how long it was since we've gotten proper MCU content, only for it to turn out to be so surreal and unconventional, especially with the Black Widow delays. But in some ways it sets up the Disney+ Marvel Studios shows to kind of break the mold and do something different.

I love how we get different intro's for each "era" of show.

The commercials are a nice touch. Stark Industries was apparently into toasters once upon a time and the Strucker's had their own brand of Hydra watches? I'm guessing those were only a hit in Germany :sweat:.

(Although maybe Wanda is just conjuring commercials from what she knows, like Tony and Baron Strucker/Hydra).

Elizabeth Olsen's Wanda performance is so much stronger without an accent.

Good thing they found a convenient and believable way for Paul Bettany to not have to wear Vision's makeup 24/7.

So is Agnes Agatha Harkness? She's insinuated herself as Wanda's best friend, but how in on it is she?

What is going on? Jimmy Woo's voice seems to think somebody put Wanda in this world, but it seems like she has some degree of control over it (ala House of M) since she had to order Vision to save Mr. Hart and she rewound time when a SWORD agent popped up in the world. Plus how things conveniently end up working out for them and Wanda getting pregnant. I guess the issue is that, even if she didn't necessarily create it for herself, she doesn't want her life with Vision to end again.

Granted, I thought that was a SWORD Agent, but the beekeeper thing made me wonder if AIM was partially responsible.

I guess there's another question of how aware the townspeople are of what's going on. It seems like they're generally oblivious right up until something happens that causes them to break character and force Wanda to explain what's going on, like they know she's somewhat responsible or just don't have any idea what's going on.

Wanda in that dress! Wanda in a nightgown! Wanda dressed as Glamor! Glamorous is more like it.

Anyone wanna bet that, once the world is undone, the last thing Wanda is left with or sees go is the wedding rings?

But it was pretty neat to see them incorporate Illusion and Glamor as stage magician identities for Vision and Wanda instead of their neighbors who secretly moonlight as thieves (although I kind of liked that too). Of course, as lovely as Wanda is and looked, she's no Zatanna.

Is that how Vision's body actually functions or is sitcom logic actually altering how he works for the sake of the plot? It somehow making him act drunk was hilarious and reminded me of Baymax in low power mode from Big Hero Six.

So now we're just treating Wanda's powers like magic when it used to be...I dunno, relatively sci-fi based telekinesis/energy manipulation? I guess part of that is to fit within the era-specific sitcom they're deriving inspiration from, and to allude to the future Dr. Strange connection, but I'm almost tempted to think it's setting up Wanda's powers to be whatever the plot needs them to be.

"Wanda...turn the lights off." Well, one way or another, I think we can pinpoint when the Twins were conceived.

So I guess all the talk about "for the children" and the casual mentions of Wanda and Vision having kids lead to Wanda's sudden pregnancy? I'm not quite sure if that's how biology works, but at least it's not Carol Danvers' comic pregnancy.

Wanda's headpiece showing up in digital form makes me hopeful we might finally see it in her full costume and not just in a Halloween costume.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Thank God these are 30 minutes like normal sitcoms. I couldn't sit through 40 - 50 mins of this like I did with SHIELD.
    Probably gonna stick around to find out about SWORD.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, it does the heart good to see the Marvel Studios intro again, now with Endgame footage, although it was sad seeing Black Panther...

It's got to be surreal for some given how long it was since we've gotten proper MCU content, only for it to turn out to be so surreal and unconventional, especially with the Black Widow delays. But in some ways it sets up the Disney+ Marvel Studios shows to kind of break the mold and do something different.

I love how we get different intro's for each "era" of show.

The commercials are a nice touch. Stark Industries was apparently into toasters once upon a time and the Strucker's had their own brand of Hydra watches? I'm guessing those were only a hit in Germany :sweat:.

(Although maybe Wanda is just conjuring commercials from what she knows, like Tony and Baron Strucker/Hydra).

Elizabeth Olsen's Wanda performance is so much stronger without an accent.

Good thing they found a convenient and believable way for Paul Bettany to not have to wear Vision's makeup 24/7.

So is Agnes Agatha Harkness? She's insinuated herself as Wanda's best friend, but how in on it is she?

What is going on? Jimmy Woo's voice seems to think somebody put Wanda in this world, but it seems like she has some degree of control over it (ala House of M) since she had to order Vision to save Mr. Hart and she rewound time when a SWORD agent popped up in the world. Plus how things conveniently end up working out for them and Wanda getting pregnant. I guess the issue is that, even if she didn't necessarily create it for herself, she doesn't want her life with Vision to end again.

Granted, I thought that was a SWORD Agent, but the beekeeper thing made me wonder if AIM was partially responsible.

I guess there's another question of how aware the townspeople are of what's going on. It seems like they're generally oblivious right up until something happens that causes them to break character and force Wanda to explain what's going on, like they know she's somewhat responsible or just don't have any idea what's going on.

Wanda in that dress! Wanda in a nightgown! Wanda dressed as Glamor! Glamorous is more like it.

Anyone wanna bet that, once the world is undone, the last thing Wanda is left with or sees go is the wedding rings?

But it was pretty neat to see them incorporate Illusion and Glamor as stage magician identities for Vision and Wanda instead of their neighbors who secretly moonlight as thieves (although I kind of liked that too). Of course, as lovely as Wanda is and looked, she's no Zatanna.

Is that how Vision's body actually functions or is sitcom logic actually altering how he works for the sake of the plot? It somehow making him act drunk was hilarious and reminded me of Baymax in low power mode from Big Hero Six.

So now we're just treating Wanda's powers like magic when it used to be...I dunno, relatively sci-fi based telekinesis/energy manipulation? I guess part of that is to fit within the era-specific sitcom they're deriving inspiration from, and to allude to the future Dr. Strange connection, but I'm almost tempted to think it's setting up Wanda's powers to be whatever the plot needs them to be.

"Wanda...turn the lights off." Well, one way or another, I think we can pinpoint when the Twins were conceived.

So I guess all the talk about "for the children" and the casual mentions of Wanda and Vision having kids lead to Wanda's sudden pregnancy? I'm not quite sure if that's how biology works, but at least it's not Carol Danvers' comic pregnancy.

Wanda's headpiece showing up in digital form makes me hopeful we might finally see it in her full costume and not just in a Halloween costume.
    I think the evolution of Wanda's powers in the MCU perfectly reflect how her powers changed drastically over the 55 years she's been in comics.

It's pretty certain that Agnes is Agatha. They make a couple references to her. I'm just not into theories that try to make her out to be a villain. She's Wanda's Endora who also went by the name Agnes.

I do think someone is pulling Wanda's strings. But that she does want to stay in this reality because she's not ready to face Vision's death. I think that is something she will work through. Because show writers have mentioned working through grief.

It's possible that AIM got a hold of Vision's body. They said that we'd find out what happened to his body. So it's likely no longer in the hands of Shuri. When they show the title screen to the show in the SWORD television screen, the shape around Wanda and Vision is honeycomb shaped.

Earlier in the episode, Wanda pushed her and Vision's beds together and they got under the blankets, so that's when the kids were created. I'm sure magic pushed that along faster than normal.

I just wish they'd call Vision's human form Victor Shade like in comics.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.