Page 37 of 283 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

So WandaVision ties into both the next Doctor Strange & the next Spiderman film, right?

I am spiraling y'all so forgive me.
    We know now that WandaVision takes place prior to Spiderman Far From Home film.
    WandaVision features our beloved Wanda living in a seemingly augmented reality in the form of a tv sitcom.

Doctor Strange's sequel is about the Multiverse of Madness.
    Spiderman Far From Home featured our beloved web slinger facing off against an former Stark employee abusing illusion tech.
    Immediate details these two films have in common with WandaVision: implication of tech based reality augmentation and the notion of the multiverse

Quentin Beck, aka Mysterio invented the tech Stark repurposed and renamed BARF: Binarily Augmented Retro Framing.
    As demonstrated in Civil War, Stark used the complex holographic system to connect with the users hippocampus, allowing it to find a certain traumatic memory and alter it before projecting it onto external infrastructure, while Beck used it to create disastrous and deadly illusions, claiming to be a hero from another universe.

Wanda's powers come from the MIND stone.
    Shuri theorized while in Wakanda that Vision could exist/live withOUT the Mind stone, via a complex extraction/detachment of his consciousness from the stone.
    Wanda was there and aware of this proposal / possibility.

Perhaps all of this is some BARF experiment gone haywire because of Wanda's mind-stone-augmented-brain making the tech go sideways.
    Perhaps Agnes's never-shows-up-in-person-husband RALF is actually a wonky rearrangement/misspelling of BARF.
    Perhaps the Hexagon perimeter is simply a perimeter.
    Perhaps I'm REALLY REALLY REACHING BECAUSE THIS SHOW HAS BROKEN ME AND I'M OBSESSSSSSED (also just rewatched Civil War and Far From Home this past weekend hahaha)

GAH!!!

If you just watched Far From Home and Civil War, do the effects from the BARF hologram/Mysterio holograms resemble the effects from the West View perimeter? Marvel is always careful about making sure their effects are consistent so if there's a similarity then you might be onto something.

I think the theory has some merit. It'd make sense for Wanda to try some BARF therapy and I could believe that her powers would interact with it oddly and send things off the rails.

But why would this be happening out in the middle of nowhere in some random town? Are we assuming the BARF ended up in some random Stark storage shed or something?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If you just watched Far From Home and Civil War, do the effects from the BARF hologram/Mysterio holograms resemble the effects from the West View perimeter? Marvel is always careful about making sure their effects are consistent so if there's a similarity then you might be onto something.

I think the theory has some merit. It'd make sense for Wanda to try some BARF therapy and I could believe that her powers would interact with it oddly and send things off the rails.

But why would this be happening out in the middle of nowhere in some random town? Are we assuming the BARF ended up in some random Stark storage shed or something?
    hahaha who knows. Like I said I'm spiraling and reaching.
    I mean, New Jersey is also home to Camp Lehigh? Which was in ....Winter Soldier? IIRC? I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    So WandaVision ties into both the next Doctor Strange & the next Spiderman film, right?

WandaVision features our beloved Wanda living in a seemingly augmented reality in the form of a tv sitcom.

Spiderman Far From Home featured our beloved web slinger facing off against an former Stark employee abusing illusion tech.
    Immediate details these two films have in common with WandaVision: implication of tech based reality augmentation and the notion of the multiverse

Quentin Beck, aka Mysterio invented the tech Stark repurposed and renamed BARF: Binarily Augmented Retro Framing.
    As demonstrated in Civil War, Stark used the complex holographic system to connect with the users hippocampus, allowing it to find a certain traumatic memory and alter it before projecting it onto external infrastructure, while Beck used it to create disastrous and deadly illusions, claiming to be a hero from another universe.

Shuri theorized while in Wakanda that Vision could exist/live withOUT the Mind stone, via a complex extraction/detachment of his consciousness from the stone.

Perhaps all of this is some BARF experiment gone haywire because of Wanda's mind-stone-augmented-brain making the tech go sideways.
    Perhaps Agnes's never-shows-up-in-person-husband RALF is actually a wonky rearrangement/misspelling of BARF.
    Perhaps I'm REALLY REALLY REACHING BECAUSE THIS SHOW HAS BROKEN ME AND I'M OBSESSSSSSED (also just rewatched Civil War and Far From Home this past weekend hahaha)

GAH!!!
    I think Wanda is getting her powers from more than the mind stone. Because her powers also reflect the reality and time stones.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It's almost definitely going to be revealed to be magic.

Extraordinary Member

If they say "chaos magic" at any time during this series I will be so happy.

As usual I'm not getting my hopes up, but the boss did criticize Vision in the first episode for his inability to handle "this chaos going on in your household." Please, please, please let that be a setup for something.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

GAH!!!
    Your theory actually makes a lot of sense and it would be a very Marvel way to tie everything together in a perfect little synergy bow, but honestly... I hope you're wrong, just because I'm gonna be really, really fed up if they try to shoehorn Tony Stark tech into the mystery behind this series. Like, the world has moved past the need for Tony Stark. We had a whole movie dedicated to show a world post-Tony Stark, and we know we're still gonna hear a lot about him because of Ironheart and Armor Wars. Can WandaVision just be its own little thing on its own mystical corner of the MCU, please? Specially because I think the connection it has to Doctor Strange 2 is more relevant than its connection to Spider-Man 3, considering that's the movie that will feature Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It's almost definitely going to be revealed to be magic.
    I sure hope so. Between the very strong possibility of Agnes being Agatha Harkness, Kevin Feige saying we would get an origin to the ''Scarlet Witch'' name, and the spoilers:
    leaked set pictures we got a while back that seemingly confirmed a witch trial,
    end of spoilers magic really should be at the heart of this series.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-02-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

New Promo from the series:

She once had a brother. His name was, Pietro.
    Witness how it all came to be in the next episode of Marvel's Vision coming next Friday, on Disney Plus.
    marvel's wandavision episode 5 6 promo trailer teaser clip exclusive Disney plus new look Pietro Mephisto nightmare vision.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post

Witness how it all came to be in the next episode of Marvel's Vision coming next Friday, on Disney Plus.
    marvel's wandavision episode 5 6 promo trailer teaser clip exclusive Disney plus new look Pietro Mephisto nightmare vision.
    ...This is obviously fake.

Who the fuck is that when the door was opened? Don't look like Aaron Taylor Johnson at all > just watched ultron..... Shit maybe I'm just high or something....

This looks pretty fake ngl

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    ...This is obviously fake.
    Yup.
    And I'm mad about it because that boy is cute and I was so excited that he might be the twins all grown up. UGH

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Yes, it seems like that, I thought that was going to be ATJ but no, I guess we will get more information this friday.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Yup.
    And I'm mad about it because that boy is cute and I was so excited that he might be the twins all grown up. UGH
    It's ATJ! lol

He would indeed make a good Billy when he was younger...

To be fair, it is a very well executed fan trailer. If they just put a big "fan trailer" mark instead of trying to show it as real, it would probably be received a lot better.