Page 162 of 283 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    spoilers:
    For those wondering why Doctor Strange didn't show up, there's a logical explanation. With the Sorcerer Supreme missing for 5 years, I imagine lots of mystical/extra-dimensional threats grew; and he's now out there taking care of them. WandaVision happens just a few weeks after Avengers: Endgame, so it's possible Doctor Strange wasn't even around to sense what Wanda did.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There's also that he's not the Sorcerer Supreme yet. He might not be on authority to look out for magic abuses yet.

One thing is for sure though. Someone needs to train Wanda and she needs therapy. The people of Westview need therapy.

The show all along dealt with depression and grief in a very real and human way. It just did not do that with the ending. Marvel handwaves actual treatment too much. And treats it's citizens like fodder.

Sure they never forgive Wanda and she didn't mean to do it. But people still have to live with what happened here.

For there to be any lesson learned, Wanda needs treatment and education to help prevent this from happening again. Doctor Strange can maybe do that.
    end of spoilers
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Speculation:

I think Monica and SWORD's story will carry on into SKRULL Invasion too. I think Hayward may be a Skrull and a particular evil or important one.

I think that in merging parts of the original Invasions story, we may find that Monica's mom is not dead; but was replaced by Skrulls, since... SWORD. We all know the Skrulls are not really so nice, I'm just not going to buy it so easy.
    So Monica may yet find her mom, as we find various folks were replaced by Skrulls and this may have happened during the 5 years or had been happening around/since.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Yep. spoilers:
    Monica's going to Secret Invasion, Visions going to Armor Wars, Wanda's going to Doctor Strange
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Tbh leaving westview forever was the best she could do. I doubt they would want anything from her
    Yeah. The best she could was bring back the real world to westview, she can't fix the decadent city

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They're fine. It was only 6 days. Like Monica said, if she could do the same, she'd do it (or something similar). At worse, Wanda's an anti-heroine. She's human after all.
    They aren't fine. Imagine being held captive for six days and being involved in someone's therapeutic role-play?

As we saw whenever Vision actually got through to them, they are scared as Hell and want the ordeal to be over.
    Six days is still a long time to be in that kind of scenario.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I never did care. I would've made season 2 Wanda as mayor of Westview, since the place was a dump full of miserable people when she arrived. Especially since it turns out they're most unhappy that they had to experience Wanda's grief. Boo hoo. Nice empathy, small town jerks.
    They looked miserable when she got there. Maybe they'll grow from the experience, or hate super powered peopled, and vote for Pro-Sokovian Accords candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    it isn't about caring about random people, it is about actions having consequences.
    What consequences? How should she be punished?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    it isn't about caring about random people, it is about actions having consequences.
    Or caring that trauma victims, including Wanda get treatment. That something like this isn't handwaved on the sheer notion that none of it is healthy and never got back to an attempt at being so.

Maybe Wanda should've zapped up a I'm sorry cake

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Or caring that trauma victims, including Wanda get treatment. That something like this isn't handwaved on the sheer notion that none of it is healthy and never got back to an attempt at being so.
    Yeah, but dealing with trauma and grief doesn't really justify forcing others to face the fallout of your emotional pain and grief.

It's not that I don't empathize with Wanda, but what she did (even if it was accidental) wasn't okay.

Good ending, but spoilers:
    with Mysterio, and Pietro just being some dude named Ralph, this is the second multiverse red herring...maybe there won't be Garfield and Maquire in No Way Home after all?!
    end of spoilers Is it weird I feel bad for spoilers:
    Agatha? I mean besides holding the kids hostage for 2 minutes, I don't know if she did anything so terrible that Wanda didn't actually do herself. And we know how messed up it is to be stuck as a meatpuppet. yeah yeah she killed a puppy, and that sucks but eh.
    end of spoilers
    Anyway while the episode is called "series finale" I think theres definitely plenty material for a season 2.
    I never did care. I would've made season 2 Wanda as mayor of Westview, since the place was a dump full of miserable people when she arrived. Especially since it turns out they're most unhappy that they had to experience Wanda's grief. Boo hoo. Nice empathy, small town jerks.
    They were meatpuppets, it was torture, they were all screaming behind those forced smiles and involuntary dialogue. Now I don't think it was truly her fault, she didn't mean to hurt anyone but it did happen and they have every right to hate Wanda.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 03-05-2021 at 10:12 AM.

I think having someone's grief and pain forced on you as nightmares for a while would be enough to hurt anyone's sense of empathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but dealing with trauma and grief doesn't really justify forcing others to face the fallout of your emotional pain and grief.

It's not that I don't empathize with Wanda, but what she did (even if it was accidental) wasn't okay.
    Never suggested it did. The mental breakdown though was not in her control. What is in her control is seeking help and guidance.

When she flew away, I thought she was gonna do just that. Hopefully she does in DS2 and the agents on scene get these people some help.

They may had terrible lives before, but trauma added on top makes it worse.

I want them to show that even though Wanda didn't mean for this to happen, she's dedicated to it not happening again.

This is why I'm so against uber hero power ups. Because Marvel and comics in general are bad with handling it.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Mayor???? You think after being mind controlled like puppets by her the people of Westview would make her Mayor???? The woman whos possession is described as being mentally traumatic and physically painful?? Are you crazy?

Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 03-05-2021 at 10:28 AM.

Nobody ever gets therapy in these stories.

Where's Doc Samson when you need him? Ty Burrel's not too busy right now.

This show set Wanda up to be the next big bad similar to Thanos in the first phases of the MCU. The Scarlet Witch is an apocalyptic threat that Im sure the heroes will eventually have to fight