Page 174 of 283 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    Why was everyone ok with her Torturing the citizens of Westview? I didn't find Monica or anyone's else reactions moving at all. Seems only Agatha had an issue with how Wanda was abusing her powers.
    Who is "everyone" that is okay with her actions in Westview? Everyone except Hayward was trying to save them. Monica seemed to understand but she spent the whole show trying to convince Wanda to stop. At the end, she left alone.

Why was everyone ok with her torturing the citizens of Westview? I didn't find Monica or anyone's else reactions moving at all. Seems only Agatha had an issue with how Wanda was abusing her powers.
    Their reactions felt very forced and contrived to me.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-05-2021 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Who is "everyone" that is okay with her actions in Westview? Everyone except Hayward was trying to save them. Monica seemed to understand but she spent the whole show trying to convince Wanda to stop. At the end, she left alone.
    The characters involved in the final episode outside of Agatha. No one seemed to question or even be critical at all of her abusing her powers. Was there even a conversation around it?

Why was Monica even here? Given the finale, I don't see what she brought to the show, or show she pushed the story forward.
    Well Monica served several functions.

She was there as a point of view character for us to understand how the world outside the hex was reacting. In that capacity her role was mostly fulfilled mid season. She also served as a outside look at the Hex and that combined with her transformations going inside. We needed that element to get a better understanding of not only the nature but the scale of the hex.

She was setup for future adventures. Both in her gaining screen time and powers but also in her interactions with Jimmy and Darcy.
    This was a show about Wanda and Monica was a entry character. In the beginning we couldn't get to close to Wanda because the mystery and spectacle was still unfolding. The enjoyment was in guessing what was happening and be fascinated with the odd things that where happening. So instead of getting close to Wanda we could get to understand Monica. Someone to connect to. In the last 2 episodes her role had diminished and that was ok since her role had served it's puropse. She was now primed to move on. Could Monicas story been told in some other way and could other characters have been used in a similar role? Sure. But chossing Moncia, Jimmy and Darcy was also there to make this feel more grounded in the MCU. To add that flair.

Few characters where a necessity in this show beyond Wanda and Vision.

The same way that Heywood could have been from any agency. He didn't need to be SWORD or connected to Monica and Maria. In essence he was there as a representative of a power structure that was reacting oppertunisiticly. Humans trying to stay in control when control clearly has been lost. An aspect more important to Vision then Wanda as an active player.

In a similar way Evan Peters as Ralph wasn't a must. This show was wise in tackling Pietro. He's that integral to Wandas story. We could have gotten MCU Pietro in a different role then Evan played. Still now they played with the sitcom nature of the show and gave us a twist. Witch I enjoyed because I like Evan Peters.

End of the day I enjoyed this show. It made me more appreciate of Elisabeth and Paul as actors and Wanda and Vision as characters. As of now I would rank Wanda as the one character I'm most looking forward to follow in future installments of the MCU.
    Last edited by Malachi; 03-05-2021 at 03:04 PM.

I agree. "Agatha All Along" made her a classic.
    If people told me while I was reading Wanda solo in 2015 that the entire world would be hooked on Agatha harkness theme song, I would laugh on their faces.
    MCU is kinda of magic *blinks*

#HaywardWasRight

Why was Monica even here? Given the finale, I don't see what she brought to the show, or show she pushed the story forward.
    I think Monica cemented pretty early on that this was a show about grief. A lot of people went in with the idea that Wanda just went “crazy” like in the comics, but when Monica was the only one who was able to empathize with Wanda because of grief the purpose of the show became clear. I do think her usage later was kind of lacking, but if course they were setting her up for CM2.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Well Monica served several functions.

She was there as a point of view character for us to understand how the world outside the hex was reacting. In that capacity her role was mostly fulfilled mid season. She also served as a outside look at the Hex and that combined with her transformations going inside. We needed that element to get a better understanding of not only the nature but the scale of the hex.

She was setup for future adventures. Both in her gaining screen time and powers but also in her interactions with Jimmy and Darcy.
    This was a show about Wanda and Monica was a entry character. In the last 2 episodes her role had diminished and that was ok since her role had served it's puropse. She was now primed to move on. Could Monicas story been told in some other way and could other characters have been used in a similar role? Sure. But chossing Moncia, Jimmy and Darcy was also there to make this feel more grounded in the MCU. To add that flair.
    Idk, for a character as iconic as Monica, I felt that was a left down of a debut, and an overall poor use of her character. She was a plot point/side show at best, and not a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think Monica cemented pretty early on that this was a show about grief. A lot of people went in with the idea that Wanda just went “crazy” like in the comics, but when Monica was the only one who was able to empathize with Wanda because of grief the purpose of the show became clear. I do think her usage later was kind of lacking, but if course they were setting her up for CM2.

Is Wanda's grief inherently more important than anyone else's? Should we all, least of all a S.W.O.R.D. agent, be ok with her torturing an entire town for a week because it came out of duress?

Was anyone else a little bugged that Vision was given another route to revival at the end of the show? I really like Paul Bettany in the role, but I’ve seen this man die like 4 times and at one point it should just stick.

Not sure I understand. That's basically the way the show ended except in a more touching and emotional way.

I found the ending with the family and her leaving Westview very moving.
    But Billy and Tommy are still sort of "alive". There's no closure there. Only the Hex versions of them are dead. If Hex Vision can't survive, how come the twins can? I'm very happy that the boys will be coming back, but I don't see the consistency there.

Is Wanda's grief inherently more important than anyone else's? Should we all, least of all a S.W.O.R.D. agent, be ok with her torturing an entire town for a week because it came out of duress?
    Wasn’t saying any of that! Just pointing out the narrative reason for her being there because someone asked.

Was anyone else a little bugged that Vision was given another route to revival at the end of the show? I really like Paul Bettany in the role, but I’ve seen this man die like 4 times and at one point it should just stick.
    He's an android though so I dont think he can ever truly die.

It was to her fans. Screw everyone else

Idk, for a character as iconic as Monica, I felt that was a left down of a debut, and an overall poor use of her character. She was a plot point/side show at best, and not a good one.
    This criticism would be more justified if the series was advertised as the "Wandavision and Monica" show, but it wasn't. This is barely the beginning of her story.

Love Bettany's Vision. I also love Hiddleston's Loki, Saldana's Gamora, Stan's Winter Soldier and Jackson's Fury. But they keep coming back to life and it undermines the impacts of their deaths for sure.