Page 176 of 283 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I liked the end.

So far I loved the way they showed her learning from Agatha,like in the comics, while keeping their stablished hostility,thatīs why Wanda probably keep her around but harmless, she wants to keep learning from her. Her reading the Darkhold is going to have many consequences for her, marvel may be getting ready to make Wanda one of the antagonists in Dr Strangeīs Multiverse of Madness or at the least keep her as a grey hero, still it was nice to see this part of her lore being brought so nicely in the movies. Chton is coming and it wont be pretty.

I was expecting Peter to be fake but I wonder if he was the person Jimmy was looking for on the first chapter. ATJ probably decided to wait until they really bring back the real Quicksilver and Evan Peters did a great job endearing himself as Wandaīs brother.

Vision vs Vision fight was great imo, not every day you stop a fight only using logic and it worked because he was talking to himself, Vision is back but without feelings, just like in the comics, I hope he has some great stories in the future because this show really helped me to get Visionīs character.

I expected Monica to do a lot more than she did, I understand itīs Wanda and Vision show but Sword could have used missiless or something like that to give her something to do while Wanda and Vision had their respective fights. I also disliked Monica forcing the issue of Wanda being missunderstood,yes she was having a big emotional crisis and yes she did all that withtout knowing the consequences, the problem comes when Vision confronted her, she obviously noticed what she was doing and yet she keep doing it until Agatha confronted her with her victims and her guilt for putting Westview under duress. I think thatīs interesting, because Agatha bassically said Wanda was becoming a villain/the prophesied destroyer of the world, because a hero doesnīt torture people knowinly and sheīs completely right, we donīt need Monica to defend Wanda, we as the audience know her perspective, we needed Monica to offer Wanda a way to redemption, not defend all of her actions, includding those that were obviously so wrong Wanda sacrificed her dream to correct them imo, it looked forced given how generally fair Monica is on all her other interactions.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-05-2021 at 04:08 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Here we go again!
    Ok look I ain't been theorizing **** all season but I done seen this episode 4 times now & I really analyzed the final scenes and it's the only thing I can think of! Wanda had given up at that point, Agatha was out of commission, Billy is the only magical person in the vesenity who could pulled some **** off at the last second, & he's inexperienced enough to the point he could have landed him and Tommy in some hot **** its my only theory for this show!! Lol

I think the main problem with some viewers is they can try to make a character their voice or the voice of everyone. Monica was speaking for herself and the character was consistent throughout wandavision.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think the main problem with some viewers is they can try to make a character their voice or the voice of everyone. Monica was speaking for herself and the character was consistent throughout wandavision.
    And Monica was one of only three characters who was right on how to save Westview. It wouldn't make sense for her to go all Hayward and antagonize Wanda in the end when she's spent five episodes saying the opposite.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Monica didnīt need to become Hayward, she just needed to keep her original possition "If Wanda is the problem then she needs to be the solution" this means helping her and convince her to fix what she broke, not "they donīt know what you sacrificed for them" this sounds weird because even if by accident she was the person who put them in danger in the first place. I loved the decision she made, it was just Monica trying a little too hard to paint her as completely innocent what didnīt quite made clic with me.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-05-2021 at 04:28 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Monica didnīt need to become Hayward, she just needed to keep her original possition "If Wanda is the problem then she needs to be the solution" this means helping her and convince her to fix what she broke, not "they donīt know what you sacrificed for them" this sounds weird because even if by accident she was the person who put them in danger in the first place. I loved the decision she made, it was just Monica trying a little too hard to paint her as completely innocent what didnīt quite made clic with me.
    But i feel your forgetting Monica was her friend, not a friend of those extras. So while she may have realized these people were victims she is also the same character that said wanda children were real. So from her perspective Wanda did sacrifice and those people don't have any idea. To them it was wanda controlling everything, to Monia there was realism in the world.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Would you mind specifying which clues didn’t have a pay off? I felt the mystery element of the show was wrapped up neatly by episode 8. I didn’t get any sense of backtracking.
    This thread moves pretty fast so apologies if any of this is redundant!

Firstly, the backtracking was in interviews. The finale's director (I think?) basically said that everyone should lower their expectations for what's revealed in the finale. That's an absolute sign that they knew they F'd up a little and set a course that they would not be heading towards.

Some examples of clues and groundwork that they laid out:

- Jimmy's witness protection mystery: unresolved

- Monica's engineer contact: basically a red herring that was eventually ignored/played off

- The actors from the commercials? As the mailman, why was he always making cryptic remarks? No one else was trying to communicate with Wanda like that. And all the hints of time, and clocks, and watches, and the Nexus etc.

- All of Westview's children being absent initially: not sure if this was really explained... and all that "for the children" stuff from episode 2??

- The devil talk/ emphasis on Dottie's character: went nowhere

- Evan Peters: This will probably be debated, but ultimately I think this gambit was a mistake. With the multiverse being in play, introducing Peters' "Quicksilver" only to have him be a nothing character was extremely useless. They built up the suspense with the shot of the back of his head and then the reveal!! And why did Wanda even think this complete stranger was Pietro? For that to happen, he had to have a previous connection to Pietro and our only assumption would be the Fox-Men universe. It just doesn't work and leans heavily towards trolling.

- The Book: I thought this was kind of a letdown

There's more, but those are the big ones. Maybe they were resolved for other people, but I didn't feel like they were. Again, I don't begrudge the story they told... I just don't like being lead somewhere and then dropped off somewhere else.

But i feel your forgetting Monica was her friend, not a friend of those extras. So while she may have realized these people were victims she is also the same character that said wanda children were real. So from her perspective Wanda did sacrifice and those people don't have any idea. To them it was wanda controlling everything, to Monia there was realism in the world.
    Friend is a bit too much, Monica understood what wanda was going through. Wanda lost everything and when she formed a new family she had to sacrifice it so the westview people could return to their lives.

I thought the resolution to quicksilver being Ralph was very well done. It made me think the fox-men movies took place in a timeline when there were no xmen but actors acting as xmen. I guess an easter egg to the 4th dimension of whatever they call it when she hulk is breaking the wall.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Friend is a bit too much, Monica understood what wanda was going through. Wanda lost everything and when she formed a new family she had to sacrifice it so the westview people could return to their lives.
    In the world monica was her friend. few characters were at wanda house more than once.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

In the world monica was her friend. few characters were at wanda house more than once.
    Geraldine was Wanda's friend and that relationship was fabricated. Monica didnt really know Wanda and Wanda knew nothing about who Monica was. She had only been around her for a few minutes total as her self. There wasnt any time for a friendship to actually develop

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Same with Dottie being "in charge" which led everyone to randomly think she was Mephisto or a member of Squadron Supreme because her flowers were yellow or any number of stupid theories based on absolutely nothing of importance

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Geraldine was Wanda's friend and that relationship was fabricated. Monica didnt really know Wanda and Wanda knew nothing about who Monica was. She had only been around her for a few minutes total as her self. There wasnt any time for a friendship to actually develop
    But how much of that carried over to Monica IRL

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    And Monica was one of only three characters who was right on how to save Westview. It wouldn't make sense for her to go all Hayward and antagonize Wanda in the end when she's spent five episodes saying the opposite.
    Of course, it took Agatha forcing Wanda to face what she did for Wanda to actually undo the Hex. Monica never actually got through to her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Same with Dottie being "in charge" which led everyone to randomly think she was Mephisto or a member of Squadron Supreme because her flowers were yellow or any number of stupid theories based on absolutely nothing of importance
    Dottie is a classic "red herring" i.e. a staple of all TV Shows, and serial stories.

The show wanted to make the Agnes reveal pack a punch so they kind of set up so that you might think that maybe Dottie was the real bad guy, or Mephisto or any such nonsense. They did other misdirection i.e. that scene in Halloween with Agnes faking being under Wanda's spell.

So audiences might have thought Dottie could be the villain but then it was Agatha All Along.

Evan Peters as Ralph was another "red herring".

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Monica didnīt need to become Hayward, she just needed to keep her original possition "If Wanda is the problem then she needs to be the solution" this means helping her and convince her to fix what she broke, not "they donīt know what you sacrificed for them" this sounds weird because even if by accident she was the person who put them in danger in the first place.
    At the end of the day, Westview residents for all of Wanda's mind-control can go back to their normal lives and contact their family and loved ones. While Wanda lost her family, likely forever. So yeah I think it's fair to argue that Wanda did make a real sacrifice for them even if she did control their minds.

I am kind of amazed that so many people think Wanda is "the next Thanos" for her accidental use of powers she didn't know about or entirely control, while Tony Stark's years of arms profiteering and Ultron-making (which certainly didn't leave many people fit and able to go back to their normal lives at the end of it) doesn't prevent him from being sanctified as a saint.

At the end of the day, Tony killed more people and hurt more people than Wanda did, and that includes Wanda herself.

But that's what happens when a woman gets power. Misuse it once and you weaponize her husband to tearfully go "why did you make me hurt you".