Page 170 of 283 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Agatha was never a villain in the comics. She was introduced in "Fantastic Four" as an old witch who was actually very nice and became their trusted friend and babysitter, and then she became Wanda's mentor in magic.

There's actually more history of Wanda being a villain in the comics than Agatha. It's really sad that they felt the need to do that to Agatha just so Wanda would have someone to fight, especially since the previous episode made it look more like Agatha was helping her.
    You thought so? The last episode set up her motivation in this one quite clear. Nothing with Agatha in the finale came across as a shock bc she was thirsty for Wanda's powers. She was helping herself, not Wanda

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Chthon certainly has and has already been in some animated stuff. I've thought it'd be fun to have Mark Hamill voice him again. And Salems Seven could have gave more depth to Agatha too. They can make anything work in the MCU. They have many times now. They have the Grandmaster and the Collector.

They also aren't shooting for well known or enough story existing in comics. They use references and make their own story from that.
    If they can make the Grandmaster hilarious, they can do anything

Although frankly I don't get the whole 'every hero needs their own villains', when most heroes don't.

Astonishing Member

I can admit I was wrong about quicksilver, but I also don’t think I was building up my own ‘expectations.’ I don’t know how much it costs to hire Evan peters, but I do know it’s more than hiring an unknown actor and pretty much any unknown actor could have played ‘not quicksilver’. Marvel also wouldn’t have had to try and ‘hide’ him while they were filming and wouldn’t have fired that poor Spanish actor. So basically, they spent probably thousands of extra dollars and fired a guy, just for a ‘ha-ha’ at the fans. I did not ‘expect’ them to go through all that effect for a prank and a boner joke. I did not think that was an unreasonable expectation...

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I can admit I was wrong about quicksilver, but I also don’t think I was building up my own ‘expectations.’ I don’t know how much it costs to hire Evan peters, but I do know it’s more than hiring an unknown actor and pretty much any unknown actor could have played ‘not quicksilver’. Marvel also wouldn’t have had to try and ‘hide’ him while they were filming and wouldn’t have fired that poor Spanish actor. So basically, they spent probably thousands of extra dollars and fired a guy, just for a ‘ha-ha’ at the fans. I did not ‘expect’ them to go through all that effect for a prank and a boner joke. I did not think that was an unreasonable expectation...
    I agree they probably shouldn't have used Evan Peters, but it was obvious that Marvel Studios doesn't have any major plans in include mutants/X-Men anytime soon; maybe in Doctor Strange: Into the Multiverse of Madness, but who knows. Also, you can't expect to keep your job after purposely leaking something from the company you work for

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I agree they probably shouldn't have used Evan Peters, but it was obvious that Marvel Studios doesn't have any major plans in include mutants/X-Men anytime soon; maybe in Doctor Strange: Into the Multiverse of Madness, but who knows. Also, you can't expect to keep your job after purposely leaking something from the company you work for
    They hired Evan purely for the hype I presume.

I do wish they'd kept QS alive in the MCU. But no, they sacrificed him for Hawkeye!

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I think the problem is, we're at a point where the MCU we have in our heads is better than the MCU we are given.
    The first 7 Episodes were setting up something that was going to feel vastly different from what we've seen from this Universe before, and that is needed. This franchise has been running since 2008, we need to spice things up a bit.
    But then it fell apart and went back into the generic MCU formula of just a big fight. I'm going to be honest with you, I'm bored of these kinds of fights. Having a big visual battle isn't any good if the backdrop of your fight is just 'Oh, I just want your power.'
    It's incredibly boring. Of there was any time to break from the formula, it was this.
    I swore off the MCU after Endgame because I felt like that was good ending for the franchise. But after this, I wish I did just swear the whole thing off.
    The sad thing, People liked the different take a lot. It worked and People enjoyed the speculation. But then they just retread the same stuff they did before.
    That wasn't Quicksilver from a different Universe, that was an actor, and they've done that... Twice... And it didn't sit well the audience those times either.
    We could be seeing something akin to House of M where Wanda is the villain? Nope, just make Agatha the villain.
    We have another Vision death scene which is very dramatic? We have a white vision running around.
    Monica now has powers and she's kinda cool? She uses it to stop some bullets and lets Wanda go.
    SWORD are trying to work out what's going on and we're going to get a fun SHIELD like arc with them? Nope, the guy from SWORD was just a generic bad guy who tried to kill some kids.

Honestly, the more I think about the last episode, the less I like it. It's just kind of a **** finale if you ask me.
    Very anti-climatic finale, I agree. I don't blame the writers. They did the best they could but they were hamstrung by having to set up future MCU projects. And that's something other shows will have to wrestle with. I will say this, Episode 9 did Wanda and Monica NO favors.

The thing with QS is that you can't blame the fans for that one.

You can blame the fans for thinking various big bads were behind stuff based on made up clues in their own brain. You can blame them for expecting cameo appearances from DS or Blue Marvel or whatever the flavor of the week it was that week.

But you can't blame fans for running wild wiht Xmen speculation when you bring in a known actor from the FoXmen universe who is playing the same character from there.

There was absolutely 100% no reason to do that at all. They set up that let down big time. That was a ridiculous decision.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Very anti-climatic finale, I agree. I don't blame the writers. They did the best they could but they were hamstrung by having to set up future MCU projects. And that's something other shows will have to wrestle with. I will say this, Episode 9 did Wanda and Monica NO favors.
    Monica's going to be in CM2 next, so I hope that expands on her more.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The thing with QS is that you can't blame the fans for that one.

You can blame the fans for thinking various big bads were behind stuff based on made up clues in their own brain. You can blame them for expecting cameo appearances from DS or Blue Marvel or whatever the flavor of the week it was that week.

But you can't blame fans for running wild wiht Xmen speculation when you bring in a known actor from the FoXmen universe who is playing the same character from there.

There was absolutely 100% no reason to do that at all. They set up that let down big time. That was a ridiculous decision.
    I agree. They literally could have chosen any other actor in the world to play that role. And folks wouldn't have gotten hyped up with the whole mutant thing. Fanboy rage over the Mandarin reveal in Iron Man 3 will pale in comparison to the outrage over this recasting decision. At the end of the day, it was pointless to put Fietro in WandaVision. They wasted a whole episode on his "story" which could have been used to focus on other things.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-05-2021 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    They hired Evan purely for the hype I presume.

I do wish they'd kept QS alive in the MCU. But no, they sacrificed him for Hawkeye!
    Hype is a element, also being knowing that he was on fox-men this could get funnier. But he really nailed the role very well.

They gave lot of heavy hints that he wasn't the quicksilver from X-men, people also set up theirselves for failure

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Monica's going to be in CM2 next, so I hope that expands on her more.
    I certainly hope so. But I'm worried her characterization will suffer in order to set up future movies and shows. This show needed to be longer. It needed to focus on Monica's relationship with her late mother a LITTLE bit more. They rushed too many things at the end. But Marvel and DC both have had trouble pulling off great third acts. Wanda explaining how Vision came back when they were saying goodbye felt weirdly out of place. Exposition again ruining great moments. And like I said, I don't blame the writers and studio executives. "Considering Marvel's track record of interrupting emotional subplots with shared-universe minutiae, WandaVision's shaky conclusion isn't a huge surprise. But it's still disappointing. Once again, the WandaVision finale reminds us that Marvel is more interested in teasing and setting the stage for its upcoming projects, rather than sitting still to fully appreciate the story at hand." I expect the same thing will happen with Falcon & the Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Loki and Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-05-2021 at 01:31 PM.

Mighty Member

There was no need for that casting, it was there just to build up hype via internet commentators.
    They've realised that People online can just market the show for them, and they don't need to pay them.
    It's annoying as there was the base there for something greater
    There were rumours that Mephisto was behind it all and that was silly as there was no basis for it.
    But Quicksilver, yeah, there was.

That wasn't even the worst part of the episode for me, but it was a microcosm of my problems with it.

Sooo what was the "Luke level" cameo?

I thought the finale was cool but it was kinda underwhelming and didn't live up to the hype the show set for itself. The fans did dig themselves a deep hole by theorizing so much but the MCU/writers played a huge role in that.

Also that magic fight was bs, just a bunch of glowy fireballs.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Sooo what was the "Luke level" cameo?
    That was a misquote by clickbait sites.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I certainly hope so. But I'm worried her characterization will suffer in order to set up future movies and shows. This show needed to be longer. It needed to focus on Monica's relationship with her late mother a LITTLE bit more.Ten Rings.
    I feel like that will be elaborated on in CM2. But I do wish we saw all her powers here, and actually give her a fight scene.