Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Its been agatha aaaaaall alooong
    Agathas theme is better than it has any reason to be
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The episode was good. I'm just frustrated because clearly all it achieved was confirm something most people already knew or suspected. It really felt like it should've been longer to move the story forward. Let's hope those last two episodes make up for it in time, because they have A LOT to wrap up.

spoilers:
    I'm gonna miss the sitcoms, but it was time to let them go. I loved the mockumentary stuff they did this episode. They nailed it. However, I couldn't help but feel like everything ended quite abruptly. I wonder how they're gonna explain the lack of a sitcom next week, since the episode will most likely be a direct continuation of this week's episode. I hope there is a joke about how Wanda's show was ''cancelled'' by Agatha.

I wish Vision got to do more in this episode, but I guess his interaction with Darcy was important to keep him updated on life outside of the Hex. Now that he has all this knowledge, it makes sense why he's not mad at Wanda anymore. He knows everything she's going through. Also, the fact that the first thing he asks Darcy about is his kids. We LOVE a proud papaya. That's probably the other reason why he seems to be at Wanda's side at the end (''This is our home'' / ''Then let's fight for it''). When he knows his kids are in danger, he will FOR SURE stand against the bad guy.

That scene of Monica getting her powers will go down in MCU history as one of the best origin moments. Just wow. It was so beautifully done. Loved her confrontation with Wanda too. I really thought we were going to get a fight scene. Hopefully we'll still get Monica getting to show off her powers in a fight!

Agnes being Agatha Harkness was probably the worst kept secret ever, but it was still a nice reveal. All the suspense leading up to the reveal was awesome. It really felt like watching a horror movie. I LOVED that her powers are similar to Wanda, but in purple color. Even down to the mind trick thing! It's heavily implied that Wanda has been doing magic going back as far as Age Of Ultron, and I'm here for this retcon. Now, yes, as a comic book fan, it is disappointing to see Wanda's biggest ally and mentor being turned into a villain, but BOY does she make a good one! I know some people are hoping that she's just brainwashed/possesed or whatever, but I personally find that to be a weak script choice if it is the case. I don't see the point in doing all of that in episode 7 only to do another twist right in the next episode saying that the previous twist was wrong. It would make this last episode pointless, because it was all leading up to the reveal. I'm ready to accept that Agatha is the big bad, but I'm also hoping that she can have a redemption arc a la Loki in the future. Wanda herself started on the wrong side of things in the MCU, so I think she can find it in her heart to give Agatha a second chance, unless she does something truly unforgivable (like killing her children). And even if Agnes is the mastermind behind everything that happened in Westview, I definitely think there is still a big entity behind her motivations, whether it's Mephisto, Chthon or Nightmare.

I'm curious to see if that book turns out to be the Darkhold, 'cause that was my first thought as well. It's obviously very different from the book used in Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Runaways. We could be dealing with our first case of the MCU officially un-canonizing stuff done by Marvel TV.

That ad HAS to be about Wanda being a Nexus Being, right? PLEASE let Wanda be a Nexus Being in the MCU. That would actually be SO fitting, 'cause it would immediately explain why she needed to have children (the comics state that Nexus Beings produce very powerful offspring with the power to shake the foundations of the universe), and explain her role in the multiverse, being a focal point between realities.

And because Nexus was brought up... of course that still raises the question of who exactly Evan Peters is playing, and if he really was brought from another universe. Honestly, at this point, with what the show has been doing.... I don't think revealing he is an AU Quicksilver actually adds anything to the story. It would come off as fanservice, and not really the good kind, 'cause if all Agatha was doing was getting someone to pretend to be Wanda's brother, she could've charmed literally anyone around to play the role. Going through the trouble of plucking someone from another reality just seems like overthinking something that should've been simple. And after fans got their hopes squashed with the aerospace egineer thing, it should be clear that this show is following a simple path instead of trying to introduce the Fantastic Four or the X-Men. Also, if Agatha had that kind of power.... why would she even need Wanda in the first place? I think her endgame has to be something unrelated to the multiverse. Since the episode placed Evan's character as Agatha's goon... my money is on him being Nicholas Scratch, OR someone else from the comics who's being forced to work for her because he owes her something or they have a deal.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Also, Allan Heinberg and Jim Cheung were added to the “Special Thanks” credits this week. They probably just forgot to add them before.
    As they should! But it's so embarrassing that they couldn't even bother to get their names right. Allen Heinberg? Come on, Marvel! And while Jimmy Cheung is not technically wrong, it is weird to credit someone by their nickname instead of their professional one.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-19-2021 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    If true, I'm going to laugh hysterically. Should make for fun times seeing all of the MCU Captain Marvel's fans, many of whom do not read comics and are unfamiliar with the history, getting highly peeved when they see Monica "stealing" Carol's mantle. Have to mark my calendar for that date whenever the CM3 movie release is announced.
    That isnt true, iDK why fans invent crazy theories. If she gets to be captain Marvel will be after Brie do her run of solo movies + avengers movies

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I can't help but be jealous of the love and in universe love this show is getting as a Agents of Shield fan. That show got unfairly overlooked.
    Yes, AOS got a really raw deal.
    Last edited by Rang10; 02-19-2021 at 07:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member

It would be nice if they could keep the TV theme going by doing the flashback dump -- and we're obviously going to get a lot of flashbacks -- in the form of a clip show (but with all-new clips). However, realistically, I know that's not likely. Hopefully they'll revisit the sitcom eras they've gone through the way they briefly did at the end of this episode.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

File under, "It won't happen, but it would be nice if it did"...

So speculation has it that the hex field is changing Monica's DNA to give her powers as a benign mutation. But it would be great if the field was, indeed, ravaging Monica's molecular structure in a way that requires her to seek the aid of an expert on the subject. Enter: Dr. Adam Brashear, aka, The Blue Marvel. In the comics, of course, it was Proxima Midnight that wrecked Monica's electromagnetic form, not a reality warping hex field, but Adam was the cure then and it would be nice if WandaVision set up a similar situation, which would provide an on-ramp for Dr. Brashear into the MCU.

Its been agatha aaaaaall alooong
    It goes too fucking hard even the "Sparky" part had me fucking screaming for this queen! I can't not stan her!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Agathas theme is better than it has any reason to be
    Scar from Lion King who without a doubt had the best Disney Villain song for years with Ursula being a close second followed my Mrs Zira were found scalped and edgeless Agatha took no fucking prisoners and I love her for it!! Queen ****!!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

seriously every villain deserves a campy song compilation!! this is why disney villains is a whole ass brand while marvel villains cant sell a tshirt!!! WAKE UP MARVEL
    I don't know about that. I have several Marvel villains T-shirts. My favorite is the one that was part of a wrap around cover for the 1985 mini series by Mark Millar that had Jim Cheung doing the cover. This one is an older one and mostly out of stock but you still might see one pop up on eBay.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wonder if things are not as they seem with Agatha and Wanda and there is really someone manipulating them both. I am starting to wonder why Allan Heinberg and Jim Cheung are listed in the credits. House of M was a Bendis/Olivier Copiel story whereas Heinberg and Cheung teamed up with Avengers: The Children's Crusade where the main plot was Wanda being in love with or maybe being manipulated by Doom. We haven't seen anyone that resembles Cassie Lang or her dad Scott.

Was anyone else expecting to see the Ringmaster and his henchmen in that interlude with the circus people?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-19-2021 at 08:53 PM.

It is so obviously misdirection, or I hope. Someone is impersonating Agatha. Scratch... her evil son. Agatha is really the rabbit, under his spell.

I have no idea how Wanda will break the spell or how Monica will help.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    It is so obviously misdirection, or I hope. Someone is impersonating Agatha. Scratch... her evil son. Agatha is really the rabbit, under his spell.

I'm gonna double down on the nonsense and say the rabbit is Mephisto
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I also think there is more than meets the eye here and we may get a double switcheroo with Agatha. It might be Mephisto in disguise or Nicholas Scratch is also a possibility as you suggest.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I wonder if things are not as they seem with Agatha and Wanda and there is really someone manipulating them both. I am starting to wonder why Allan Heinberg and Jim Cheung are listed in the credits. House of M was a Bendis/Olivier Copiel story whereas Heinberg and Cheung teamed up with Avengers: The Children's Crusade where the main plot was Wanda being in love with or maybe being manipulated by Doom. We haven't seen anyone that resembles Cassie Lang or her dad Scott.

Was anyone else expecting to see the Ringmaster and his henchmen in that interlude with the circus people?
    Heinberg and Cheung were likely credited because of Billy and Tommy. While Englehart/Howell created the original twins, they never developed them further than babies because they died so soon (thanks to Byrne). The fact that WandaVision aged them up meant they had to take inspiration from somewhere else to characterize the twins, giving them personalities, powers, etc., and it's clear they took it from Young Avengers. I doubt it's anything other than that, because I imagine they would actually want to save the Young Avengers storylines for when they actually do Young Avengers in the MCU. Children's Crusade would be too soon right now.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

Killing Sparky would be tough to come back from if it really is her.

Seems to me that based on the damned theme song, Agatha’s manipulated things post-hex. We don’t know who started things. Was it Wanda or someone still to be introduced? Like who is the shark that gave Wanda the Yo-Magic for survivors in the first place? Pietro was probing Wanda to learn how she went from telepathy and telekinesis to reality warping.

spoilers:
    Sorry to be a downer, but this was legitimately the first "bad" episode of the series for me. It seemed a lot of the pacing was just setup and getting from A-B without any real motivation and reason. While I love to see Monica get her moment and become Spectrum, I don't really understand the reason why all of the sudden she can make it through the barrier unscathed this time around except for plot armor. The same goes to why Vision just didn't carry Darcy and fly over to Wanda nor why Wanda didn't immediately go try to see Vision after he almost perished in the previous episode. Plus, the weird absence of Pietro which has to be explained in a post-credits.

It just felt like a lot of lazy writing from what otherwise has been a pretty clever series. I've never really understood any of the logic behind MCU Wanda's powers and the discussions people are having about how all this was established in the previous movies pretty much confirms just the hand-waviness of it all. This episode just flat out didn't work for me, which sucks. But it's nice people seem to be enjoying this one.

I'm really trying hard to like Monica. I'm a HUGE fan of Teyonah Parris, and I get that not every superhero's origin is profound (or even a major event), but she still feels underwritten to me. Where's her development? Who is she outside of this single-minded drive to help Wanda? I know she's going to play a prominent role in the MCU going forward, so they've got time to flesh her out. But I'm not seeing what makes Monica compelling in WandaVision.

Also, Darcy ...whew, Darcy. Marvel really loves its fan insert characters, but Darcy is egregious. She really only exists as an exposition drone or to reference previous MCU movies. Kat Dennings is giving her every drop of charisma she's got, but what can you do when there's really no character there. All of her scenes feel like a huge drag on a show that's already strapped for time.

Episode 7 was mostly disappointing up until Monica confronting Wanda. Monica's contact turned out to be no one that I'm aware of. Vision and Darcy meet, but nothing really comes of it. And Monica's dedication to saving Wanda feels off. I understand that she feels some similarity in their situations, but she doesn't know Wanda at all. She feels more like an audience surrogate than she does her own character.

Still, that reveal saved the episode. It was a minute long concentrate of everything that has made WandaVision so entertaining to me. It was hilarious and campy, and it used the format of the story to poke fun at itself and the history of television sitcoms. It was also a lesson that, as long as you're telling a good story, and you're being consistent with your characters, your big reveal doesn't have to come out of nowhere to be good. I have stated many times in the past on these threads that once Hahn gets more screen time in WandaVision, the series gets better. She's such a dynamic and charismatic performer and I've really come to like her. I always felt she was sorely underutilized in the show thus far.

Look, I'm glad folks here liked Episode 7, but it just wasn't for me. I think it portrayed Wanda horribly. Telling her kids that life has no meaning? That she doesn't care that Vision could be in danger (partly because of her own previous actions). She looks like a HORRIBLE mother to me. At least Vision asked about his kids when he woke up. I don't understand why she wants to fight so hard to preserve this reality when she's estranged from her "family." I prefer the Wanda of the earlier episodes (a loving wife and devoted mother). And I thought it was pathetic that even Vision is now using some SWORD-like exposition to justify Wanda's lying to him earlier. I believed this episode was a mess, and it was a HUGE step down from the previous six (which I more or less enjoyed and liked). I'm surprised that nobody else in these threads feels the same way.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-19-2021 at 10:46 PM.