Page 125 of 283 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    They really should have used the exposition dump episode to tell us more about Westview, instead of just having a few of the residents in cameos.

Though while I'd prefer them to make Wanda not guilty I also wouldn't mind if they just had her settle down in Westview and work to help the town get back on its feet and make ameds while she goes to therapy/magic training.

They may not even have time to show us what she's going to do next, though. I really wish they'd made that secret 10th episode, but it doesn't look like it.
    I mean, do they have any reason to not arrest her? Although I guess the same could be said for The Avengers taking her in after she helped cause the Hulk attack.

As testy as people get about HoM, this is still Wanda being willingly culpable in something that harmed and traumatized a bunch of people even if she didn't intend for it (but willingly kept it going).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, do they have any reason to not arrest her? Although I guess the same could be said for The Avengers taking her in after she helped cause the Hulk attack.

As testy as people get about HoM, this is still Wanda being willingly culpable in something that harmed and traumatized a bunch of people even if she didn't intend for it (but willingly kept it going).
    Yes, that's why I was hoping they would use this episode to resolve exactly how much she knew about what was going on... but they didn't really. Did Wanda choke that guy? Was she knowingly forcing everyone to play their parts? If so, when did she realize she was doing it? What was with the "for the children" chant in episode 2? There are so many questions about Westview and this episode answered none of them.

If they choose to make her culpable then it's not necessarily House of M if she chooses to face punishment or make restitution (like she tried to do for the mutants in "Children's Crusade") while working to make sure she never lets anything like this happen again. I would just like them to answer the question and I don't think they have time to do it.

Yes, that's why I was hoping they would use this episode to resolve exactly how much she knew about what was going on... but they didn't really. Did Wanda choke that guy? Was she knowingly forcing everyone to play their parts? If so, when did she realize she was doing it? What was with the "for the children" chant in episode 2? There are so many questions about Westview and this episode answered none of them.

If they choose to make her culpable then it's not necessarily House of M if she chooses to face punishment or make restitution (like she tried to do for the mutants in "Children's Crusade") while working to make sure she never lets anything like this happen again. I would just like them to answer the question and I don't think they have time to do it.
    But I feel like even if they do it like that it'll still poison her position as a hero and be ammunition for more people to hold against Wanda.

Extraordinary Member

But I feel like even if they do it like that it'll still poison her position as a hero and be ammunition for more people to hold against Wanda.
    That doesn't bother me. She has powers she never knew about that did things she never knew were possible, and they accidentally threw her into a position where she had to choose between letting go of this illusion and losing Vision again. If she hurt people in the process then her job is to make it up to them and to work to master her powers so she something like this never happens again. It's still not as bad as siccing the Hulk on Johannesburg, and it's not bad to make a character do something wrong as long as they do something to make up for it.

But again, the story of what really went on in Westview deserves more screen time than it looks like it's going to get. We still have no idea what Wanda was doing or thinking after she realized the Hex wasn't real, or even exactly when she realized it. All the "rules" of the sitcom, including why it was being broadcast as a sitcom in the first place, should have been explained this week instead of being pushed to the last episode, if ever.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

They really should have used the exposition dump episode to tell us more about Westview, instead of just having a few of the residents in cameos.

Though while I'd prefer them to make Wanda not guilty I also wouldn't mind if they just had her settle down in Westview and work to help the town get back on its feet and make ameds while she goes to therapy/magic training.

They may not even have time to show us what she's going to do next, though. I really wish they'd made that secret 10th episode, but it doesn't look like it.

I really think we have to do a wait and see on this topic, the show and showrunners have proved they can give us answers at their own pace and right now for reasons they have earned I would trust that they will give us answers on this as well.

Even with 1 episode left even it is not the time they have left that we should be concerned about, I have witness enough shows and movies that wasted gallons of time without saying nothing, amount of time does not equal quality. That is the point, it will be the quality of the moment of reveal and the execution of it that will matter, if it is really good as they have give. Everything else so far they might only need barely a min or 2 to tell and explain it.

Also that scene where ALL the townsfolk gather STILL has not happen yet, so their is that to wait for too.

Let’s have Faith in our MCU Wanda and her character that we will get and hope to get what we hope for!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

That doesn't bother me. She has powers she never knew about that did things she never knew were possible, and they accidentally threw her into a position where she had to choose between letting go of this illusion and losing Vision again. If she hurt people in the process then her job is to make it up to them and to work to master her powers so she something like this never happens again. It's still not as bad as siccing the Hulk on Johannesburg, and it's not bad to make a character do something wrong as long as they do something to make up for it.

But again, the story of what really went on in Westview deserves more screen time than it looks like it's going to get. We still have no idea what Wanda was doing or thinking after she realized the Hex wasn't real, or even exactly when she realized it. All the "rules" of the sitcom, including why it was being broadcast as a sitcom in the first place, should have been explained this week instead of being pushed to the last episode, if ever.
    I think there are degrees of allowing a character to do wrong without deeply compromising them and I think they are on a very thin line with Wanda right now.

So how are they going to address the brainwashing? How is Wanda not going to be culpable for what she has done with these peoples' lives?

I mean, Hayward is discrediting SWORD but I doubt the citizens of Westview are going to be okay with Wanda being a public hero or leaving unless she faces some kind of justice.
    Honestly who cares about these people if anything they should thank Wanda that town was a dump before she got there, she upgraded, housing health care and gave their meaningless lives purpose, they should say thank you Wanda and leave it at that. Other super folk have gotten away with worse.
    Last edited by Journey; 02-26-2021 at 07:37 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I think we can argue about Wanda's culpability next week when everything is revealed; I do think they've pushed too much to the last episode, one way or the other.

I think we can argue about Wanda's culpability next week when everything is revealed; I do think they've pushed too much to the last episode, one way or the other.
    Yea I think we still might have some more reveals coming and we got to trust that that point of what is happening with the townsfolk swill be resolved in a way that is good, deep but also helps Wanda so that it is not a hanging problem, I trust they will do that.

Also, STILL no word on who Dottie is, Strange Hah?!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

I mean, Hayward is discrediting SWORD but I doubt the citizens of Westview are going to be okay with Wanda being a public hero or leaving unless she faces some kind of justice.
    Scarlet Witch was never exactly a publicly embraced superhero in the comics or in the MCU, so I think the story points towards her going to the margins of the magical world and cosmos.

As for the people of Westview, considering how crappy their lives were before Wanda transformed everything, all she has to do is magic some kind of sunshine or good favor for them, as a kind of compensation. So far no civilian has died. For everything else, there's therapy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Also, STILL no word on who Dottie is, Strange Hah?!
    I still think the "Dottie is Clea" or "Dottie is Arcanna" theories are a bit much, but it is hard to shake the idea that maybe she does have some connection to Doctor Strange, if only because it would make him look really dumb if a world-famous Avenger was using magic on an unprecedented scale and he didn't even notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Scarlet Witch was never exactly a publicly embraced superhero in the comics or in the MCU, so I think the story points towards her going to the margins of the magical world and cosmos.
    Poor secluded Wanda...
    As for the people of Westview, considering how crappy their lives were before Wanda transformed everything, all she has to do is magic some kind of sunshine or good favor for them, as a kind of compensation. So far no civilian has died. For everything else, there's therapy.
    I mean, the people who have been brought out of the trance seem pretty darn traumatized.

Poor secluded Wanda...

I mean, the people who have been brought out of the trance seem pretty darn traumatized.
    The other mystery is still Wanda’s name has not been dropped Either as the one doing any controlling yet, only a “HER”, so this as of yet can still have some otherness reveal to who it might be and I am not inclined to say Wanda yet or by true intent. It can either be Agatha playing more mind games or still we don’t know who Dottie is?

I say I am giving Wanda the benefits of the doubts since this show likes to red herring us allot.

Lightbulb

I still think the "Dottie is Clea" or "Dottie is Arcanna" theories are a bit much, but it is hard to shake the idea that maybe she does have some connection to Doctor Strange, if only because it would make him look really dumb if a world-famous Avenger was using magic on an unprecedented scale and he didn't even notice.
    I don’t think Clea, but their is a good theory out their for Arcanna;

Go to 18:55 and watch all the way the to the near end, honestly this one got my interests up about Arcanna!

ALSO P.S. ~~ I Do think their still enough time for a reveal like this, again it is not the amounts of time but how high quality you use of it!

I wonder what Agatha's agenda is? it doesn't seem like she wants to eat Wanda's magic yet she seems too cruel to just have good intentions