Page 86 of 283 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Monica went back to work 3 weeks after the return blip. This is specifically said on the show.

Stuff like Tony’s funeral and Wanda getting vision’s body, happened within those 3 weeks
    Yep, plenty of time for some shenanigans on the part of Agatha.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-22-2021 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I love the Monica scenes, although I'm still not ok with the notion of her powers possibly coming from Wanda. But maybe we'll find out that the "Hex" field that is restructuring everything is actually AIM's doing, not Wanda's? Or maybe Monica had the powers all along, dormant until Wanda triggers them...something like that.

As for the big reveal this week, I had hoped that if/when the MCU introduced the character someone like Dame Helen Mirren and/or Elizabeth Hurley (if the role called for a slightly younger version of the character) would be cast. But oh well.

Monica went back to work 3 weeks after the return blip. This is specifically said on the show.

Stuff like Tony’s funeral and Wanda getting vision’s body, happened within those 3 weeks
    Oh okay that does add up hmm maybe.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I love the Monica scenes, although I'm still not ok with the notion of her powers possibly coming from Wanda. But maybe we'll find out that the "Hex" field that is restructuring everything is actually AIM's doing, not Wanda's? Or maybe Monica had the powers all along, dormant until Wanda triggers them...something like that.

As for the big reveal this week, I had hoped that if/when the MCU introduced the character someone like Dame Helen Mirren and/or Elizabeth Hurley (if the role called for a slightly younger version of the character) would be cast. But oh well.
    Elizabeth Hurley was already Morgan Le Fay in the Runaways tv show.

And yes, MCU Monica’s powers are from the hex field. Why do you find this a problem?

In the comics her powers came from a random extra-dimensional energy.

Elizabeth Hurley was already Morgan Le Fay in the Runaways tv show.
    Good to know I had good instincts about her being cast as a witch.

And yes, MCU Monica’s powers are from the hex field. Why do you find this a problem?

In the comics her powers came from a random extra-dimensional energy.
    I'd like to avoid the sidekick treatment, i.e., the supporting characters all owing their powers, abilities, raison d'ętre, etc., to the main hero/character. MCU has War Machine and Falcon for that already. What made Monica different is that she got her powers by a random accident not tied to any existing Marvel character. I'd like to keep it that way. The discussion gets deeper than that, but I'll leave it there for now.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Oh No, If one does that the consequences could be disastrous!

It would be worth the risk and consequences lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    spoilers:
    She's a supporting character that doesn't have a lot going for her. Being a mentor and a babysitter is as far as she goes. She ripe for creative liberties for adaptions.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Does she really need more than that though?

There comes a point where a character becomes in-name-only...
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Good to know I had good instincts about her being cast as a witch.

I'd like to avoid the sidekick treatment, i.e., the supporting characters all owing their powers, abilities, raison d'ętre, etc., to the main hero/character. MCU has War Machine and Falcon for that already. What made Monica different is that she got her powers by a random accident not tied to any existing Marvel character. I'd like to keep it that way. The discussion gets deeper than that, but I'll leave it there for now.
    Falcon’s powers don’t come from Cap, but ok.

Even the MCU Falcon doesn’t get upgrades from Black Panther.

Considering she's probably going to replace Brie Larson as Captain Marvel after Captain Marvel 2, I doubt she's going to be a sidekick character.

I think she got her powers as a mix of being snapped away and Wanda's Hex field, but she's also the only one to have gone in and out of the field multiple times so it's hard to know.

I understand your frustration, I think going forward more and more characters are going to get powers in part due to existing Marvel characters since it's such a fast way to introduce new characters.

spoilers:
    Agatha's song was iconic, but I feel kinda bummed out that she's a villain. I really hope they don't make Dr Strange Wanda's mentor
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    spoilers:
    Agatha's song was iconic, but I feel kinda bummed out that she's a villain. I really hope they don't make Dr Strange Wanda's mentor
    end of spoilers
    The MCU is consolidation of the comics. They can’t put all 60 years worth of stories on the screen.

Sometimes the simplest explanation is the best.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Does she really need more than that though?

There comes a point where a character becomes in-name-only...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't see that as a bad thing when there wasn't much to the character to begin with. Being a villain is what the character needs to be interesting
    end of spoilers

Falcon’s powers don’t come from Cap, but ok.

Even the MCU Falcon doesn’t get upgrades from Black Panther.
    See "raison d'ętre." In the MCU Falcon is in the Avengers business because of Steve. I realize in the comic book Sam's origin is completely different. Sam will get Steve's shield soon, I imagine, and continue to "do what he (Steve) does only slower."

If it doesn't matter to you how Monica gets her powers, that's fine. But the image and message matters to me, since I'm a big Monica fan.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Considering she's probably going to replace Brie Larson as Captain Marvel after Captain Marvel 2, I doubt she's going to be a sidekick character.
    If true, I'm going to laugh hysterically. Should make for fun times seeing all of the MCU Captain Marvel's fans, many of whom do not read comics and are unfamiliar with the history, getting highly peeved when they see Monica "stealing" Carol's mantle. Have to mark my calendar for that date whenever the CM3 movie release is announced.

A whole world unblipped would need some time to sort things out, Tony was probably not buried right after, but within days perhaps.

We don't know how soon after it, that Wanda talked to Clint by the water; they could / all have been chilling for a day or three. Her grief and or conversations or support and somehow she found out (telepathy?) where Visions's body was being kept.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all