Page 196 of 283 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    They raised the twins, they are functionally MCU's Django and Marya, the same cannot be said for Magneto.
    Maybe Wanda can go "You maybe my father but you ain't my daddy" to Magneto and explode at him for abandoning her and her brother.

Magneto being a sh--ty Dad is something the most Pro-Mag fans wouldn't deny.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The particulars do matter because there isn't much story content there for her. Which is why they used so little of it for reference in her show. It's mainly about how mutants become depowered. And if it weren't for it being a story about them, it would be about as known as Darker than Scarlet in Avengers West Coast. It's not that known because of Wanda.
    But it is though you ask me to tell you wtf really happened in HoM I couldn't tell ya **** the middle is a blank space and the tie-ins are irrelevant. Think of it all that pops in your head is "Scarlet Witch, No More Mutants, Magneto" the rest is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Mags is waaay too jacked in the comic books for his age. It's ridiculous! People would never buy it in live-action.
    Lmao their are some swol ass old men out there you would be surprised!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Maybe Wanda can go "You maybe my father but you ain't my daddy" to Magneto and explode at him for abandoning her and her brother.

Magneto being a sh--ty Dad is something the most Pro-Mag fans wouldn't deny.
    Good to know, doesn't excuse some of those fans being possessive as heck of a character that doesn't even belong in the same franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    But it is though you ask me to tell you wtf really happened in HoM I couldn't tell ya **** the middle is a blank space and the tie-ins are irrelevant. Think of it all that pops in your head is "Scarlet Witch, No More Mutants, Magneto" the rest is irrelevant.
    And that reduces her to plot device and not much of a story to use for content. Not for her at least. It'd be a catalyst for stories for everyone else. Like it was in comics. Put the cosmic cube or your choice of macguffin in her place and the story ends up the same.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Constantly bashing the worth of a character, check.
    Boasting about how glorious their fav is, check.
    Giving a "welcoming" hand for your pathetic being of a character without theirs, check.
    Jeez I wonder why I really want to hate Magnus family fans.

BANNED

Good to know, doesn't excuse some of those fans being possessive as heck of a character that doesn't even belong in the same franchise.
    A) If by Franchise you mean the 616 Marvel Universe, the X-Men do in fact belong to the franchise.

B) If by Franchise you mean the MCU, the X-Men will belong to the franchise.

C) In the 80s, the last time comics readership were high, the X-Men were the dominant franchise while Avengers were the titles of D-Listers nobody cared about. In a fair fight, the Avengers lost to the X-Men, badly. The reason Wanda became an Avenger was she was a nobody in a nowhere title in the '70s (the whole "Cap's Kooky Kwartet" wasn't the most happy compliment). There was nothing special in being an Avenger as opposed to being the daughter of the most influential villain in Marvel between 1980-2010.

Lmao their are some swol ass old men out there you would be surprised!
    If that's true I would indeed be surprised...And horrified!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-06-2021 at 05:55 PM.

A) If by Franchise you mean the 616 Marvel Universe, the X-Men do in fact belong to the franchise.

C) In the 80s, the last time comics readership were high, the X-Men were the dominant franchise while Avengers were the titles of D-Listers nobody cared about. In a fair fight, the Avengers lost to the X-Men, badly. The reason Wanda became an Avenger was she was a nobody in a nowhere title in the '70s (the whole "Cap's Kooky Kwartet" wasn't the most happy compliment). There was nothing special in being an Avenger as opposed to being the daughter of the most influential villain in Marvel between 1980-2010.
    No the reason she and Pietro became Avengers was that Stan Lee was leaving UXM and going to the Avengers and those were the characters he wanted to take with him.

Extraordinary Member

Famous and shitty make it all worse you know?

And that reduces her to plot device and not much of a story to use for content. Not for her at least. It'd be a catalyst for stories for everyone else. Like it was in comics. Put the cosmic cube or your choice of macguffin in her place and the story ends up the same.
    I'm not saying it was a good thing for her, I'm just saying it's a simple unyielding fact about Wanda and her history it always will be to act otherwise is just denial sucks for her but it is what it is, nothing you can do she can probably save the world 100 times and she'd still always be related back to, "HoM, No more Mutants, Magneto" *shrugs*
    Last edited by Journey; 03-06-2021 at 05:40 PM.

Extraordinary Member

So let us keep our D-lister trash character and be off.
    She is fine on her own.

I'm not saying it was a good thing for her, I'm just saying it's a simple unyielding fact about Wanda and her history it always will be to act otherwise is just denial sucks for her but it is what it is, nothing can save the world 100 times and she'd still always be related back to, "HoM, No more Mutants, Magneto" *shrugs*
    That's more of a fan problem, but not really what we were discussing. We were discussing where the chunk of content for HER is. And the chunk is definitely not in that story.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 03-06-2021 at 05:42 PM.

So let us keep our D-lister trash character and be off.
    She is fine on her own.
    For real. I'd rather she be D list than used as fodder or a plot device for someone else's favorites.

BANNED

No the reason she and Pietro became Avengers was that Stan Lee was leaving UXM and going to the Avengers and those were the characters he wanted to take with him.
    So not for any real reasons or anything. Just accidental and whimsical reasons.

That's more of a fan problem, but not really what we were discussing.
    People here are raising a fuss about the fact that in the future she will more than likely be tied to the mutant corner when they get to the X-men. WandaVision quite obviously set her up to be a mutant but fine whatever.