Page 217 of 283 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think both SW and Vision could use time apart to develop themselves as individuals in the MCU, like how Falcon and WS are moving on without Captain America
    Yeah, I think letting them both develop on their own would be cool.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, I think letting them both develop on their own would be cool.
    I'm eager to see White Vision's evolution. I also liked how we finally got to see him use a lot of his powers.

It's nice to see Marvel establishing the idea of magic, different kinds of magic and that magic is not just some cool energy that is science. They dropped the ball with Thor/Asgard in that department but thanks to Dr. Strange and now Scarlet Witch, they have the mystical/supernatural vibe.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    It's nice to see Marvel establishing the idea of magic, different kinds of magic and that magic is not just some cool energy that is science. They dropped the ball with Thor/Asgard in that department but thanks to Dr. Strange and now Scarlet Witch, they have the mystical/supernatural vibe.
    Asgard should be an extradimensional world, not another planet.

Begs the question, though, what actually is magic?

Anybody else concerned that Wanda seems to have near-infinite power, even after Agatha got done sucking it all up? Sort of makes her struggles seem less impactful as she can just magic her way out of them. In this instance, I'm okay with some nerfing.

I don't want to sound TOO critical of an otherwise brilliant gem of a show. When I look at this as a story about Wanda and Vision, it's fantastic. It made me care about Wanda's and Vision's relationship. I didn't think that was possible. I also think they did a beautiful job of illustrating Wanda's grief and her relationship with Vision. Easily the greatest the romance in MCU history!

Ultimate Member

Anybody else concerned that Wanda seems to have near-infinite power, even after Agatha got done sucking it all up? Sort of makes her struggles seem less impactful as she can just magic her way out of them. In this instance, I'm okay with some nerfing.
    I thought it was the magic rune which stopped Agatha.

I thought it was the magic rune which stopped Agatha.
    Oh, yes I have to watch it again. I forgot about that.

Ultimate Member

Oh, yes I have to watch it again. I forgot about that.
    No problem. Her powers are dangerous so she'll probably "self-nerf" for some time until she learns how to use them properly

No problem. Her powers are dangerous so she'll probably "self-nerf" for some time
    While I had some problems with the ever-shifting scope of the magic, they just leaned into "it's magic." Not quantum forces drawn from other dimensions or whatever. So the MCU is embracing magic more fully now. I just hope magic in the MCU has just as many rules to make it palatable as science does.

Asgard should be an extradimensional world, not another planet.

Begs the question, though, what actually is magic?
    An inexplicable, ethereal energy. Basically anything we can fantasize. What's the point of magic if the author goes out of his way to try and explain it using conventional wisdom?

And, yes, Asgard is a realm all on its own not just some floating city-planet. So dumb.

Some of us have rightly been critical of Monica's lines in Episode 9, or her downplaying of the town's suffering, but Teyonah Parris really did get across her own pain, and made a pretty great performance and character out of some pretty bland/contradictory lines. I think that's what really pisses me off with Monica: she's this close to being really good. Parris is perfectly cast, all of the pieces are there to develop and explain her over-defensive attitude for Wanda, she just doesn't get nearly enough screen time or plot relevance to shine. It's like she had an entire TV season to go through her origin story a la Black Panther in Civil War (I still think T'Challa's introduction in Civil War was the best one in the MCU next to Tony Stark himself) and somehow had less to work with. Utter shame, but should honestly be fairly simple to fix and I hope to see her done better.

Ultimate Member

Some of us have rightly been critical of Monica's lines in Episode 9, or her downplaying of the town's suffering, but Teyonah Parris really did get across her own pain, and made a pretty great performance and character out of some pretty bland/contradictory lines. I think that's what really pisses me off with Monica: she's this close to being really good. Parris is perfectly cast, all of the pieces are there to develop and explain her over-defensive attitude for Wanda, she just doesn't get nearly enough screen time or plot relevance to shine. It's like she had an entire TV season to go through her origin story a la Black Panther in Civil War (I still think T'Challa's introduction in Civil War was the best one in the MCU next to Tony Stark himself) and somehow had less to work with. Utter shame, but should honestly be fairly simple to fix and I hope to see her done better.
    Yeah, I liked her despite the clunky dialogue and want to see more of her. I think her role in CM2 will be less awkward because she'll have powers from the start.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Just wanted to drop in and say I loved the finale. It made me remember why I loved Wanda and Vision as a couple. I'm kind of torn about Agatha Harkness. She wasn't anything at all like the comics, and didn't like that, but the character was a lot of fun in the show -- had she been named something else, I would unreserveredly love her. There were a few loose ends or unclear motivations, but over all, I really enjoyed the show.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quite possibly. If they had done that, maybe Wanda wouldn't have come out of the show looking so bad (in my humble opinion). I think rushing the ending (which I feared was gonna happen), just made the finale a MESS. Definitely didn't ruin the show for me, but I was disappointed. I mean I read a comment from a wife of somebody who is a HUGE MCU nerd saying stuff like:

"So she kidnapped and tortured a town because she was sad and the cop lady is like "I would have done it too"?"
    "Is that really the last thing you want to say to your imaginary kids before they dissolve?"
    "Runes!"
    "I don't want another show about side characters"

And these complaints were JUST about Episode 9, so I assume she enjoyed the previous eight.
    For all the complaints you post, there are literally thousands of positive social media posts. So it's not nearly as dour as you put across.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.