Page 228 of 283 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I can see the MCU wanting to avoid the way the mutant connection damaged her reputation in many ways.

Regardless, I think some of us need remember happens when we get too attached to theories.
    Exactly, we have no idea what the future holds in store
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I feel like marvel will do what it wants to do regardless of our opinion, this argument is kinda childish.
    This is most true out of all statements. Next phase we'll likely have a better idea of what they are doing. If it doesn't start in Eternals or something.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    If they didn't want to have any connection that damaged her reputation, they wouldn't have made her big project directly based on House of M.
    I think it's loosely inspired by House of M, considering so much of it is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    They already choose.

It's a good thing Feige always stick to his guns.

The last scarlet Witch solo established that she isn't a mutant and her father isn't magneto. X-books may try to retcon it to milk more Wanda hate
    You say that like Wanda's story is over and we know everything about the Scarlet Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    This is most true out of all statements. Next phase we'll likely have a better idea of what they are doing. If it doesn't start in Eternals or something.
    Agreed on that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    The last scarlet Witch solo established that she isn't a mutant and her father isn't magneto. X-books may try to retcon it to milk more Wanda hate
    I think a lot of SW fans are wary of her being hated by the X-Men and don't want that brought over into the MCU. That's just a guess

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I never want to see her retconned in comics again, I just think they should handwave it and say that if they had the X-gene, and registered on every device as a mutant, and got repeatedly captured by mutant-hunting sentinels, and were completely indistinguishable from mutants for almost their entire comics existence, then yeah, they're mutants.

I can't get very pressed about it because the MCU version is going to define her forever, and the MCU version is and has always been a magical witch. I just think it's goofy for the comics characters to act like she isn't a mutant on what is basically a technicality. I actually do think that eventually they'll just sort of go back to mentioning her history as a mutant when it's appropriate for the story (e.g. her time in the Brotherhood) while still keeping her out of X-books where she never had much of a presence.
    then... everything stays the same as it is now, but she gets to be a mutant on a datapage and the wiki?
    I dont understand why make her a mutant once more to never have any interactions or time spent on that universe, even Firestar has joined the x-men, it's just seems counter-intuitive and for nostalgia's sake and just creates more confusion.

She's not a mutant and nothing of value was lost, there isnt anything to gain from a re retcon

If they didn't want to have any connection that damaged her reputation, they wouldn't have made her big project directly based on House of M.
    It was somewhat based on HoM but not exactly. Her creating a false reality is but keep in mind that HoM is not the first time she did that. Busiek's run that establishes chaos magic was. It's also calling on several issues of Avengers, Avengers West Coast, Vision and the Scarlet Witch, The Vision and her recent solo. Then putting their own story on top. Because unlike HoM this story is about Wanda, and has her full narrative. She's not spending it in a coma while everyone else gets that narrative until she wakes up and utters a few words.

I don't know really about this part. I think at this point she's already changed by the nexus being stuff and already marked as an avatar. I think the mind stone just worked to bring out more of those powers.
    I’m thinking about her AND pietro, they were changed by the stone, the stones are said to emit large amounts of radiation(see avengers endgame), radiation affects human genome and causes mutation, to me she’s a mutate until further information is released.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Ultimate Member

It was somewhat based on HoM but not exactly. Her creating a false reality is but keep in mind that HoM is not the first time she did that. Busiek's run that establishes chaos magic was. It's also calling on several issues of Avengers, Avengers West Coast, Vision and the Scarlet Witch, The Vision and her recent solo. Then putting their own story on top. Because unlike HoM this story is about Wanda, and has her full narrative. She's not spending it in a coma while everyone else gets that narrative until she wakes up and utters a few words.
    Exactly. This takes inspiration but isn't exact. As you said, HoM didn't really focus on her, unlike WandaVision

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I’m thinking about her AND pietro, they were changed by the stone, the stones are said to emit large amounts of radiation(see avengers endgame), radiation affects human genome and causes mutation, to me she’s a mutate until further information is released.
    That could very well be and they've been very vague about it. Especially on the part of Pietro. I feel like in comics it is possible for Pietro to be a mutant and Wanda not. Like he got the x-gene but her nexus being status prevented her from getting it and instead drew the attention of Chthon. Which is entirely possible with Pietro being born several minutes before Wanda.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    then... everything stays the same as it is now, but she gets to be a mutant on a datapage and the wiki?
    Yeah pretty much. I'm a fan of the Kooky Quartet era of the Avengers and I think it's a fairly important point that the team had two mutants among its earliest members. Plus there are a lot of references to her being a mutant scattered through the Avengers comics, like the anti-mutant terrorists burning down the first house she shared with Vision.

I admit it's not a huge deal. Usually when they do a flashback to that period people will call them mutants and no one will dispute it, because as far as anyone knew, they were mutants.

BANNED

Stan Meggan braddock, she's a romani magical being that mixes magic, mutants and fairies, has a husband AND a real baby and has bullshit esque super powerfull over the top abilities no one can really understand but we vibe to it.

Because everytime someone wants her to be a mutant again its "oh she was one for decades" you can replace it all with mutate and the diference is minimal and in HoM you can replace her with a magical staff of retconiticus, never have i been shown any sort of potential and making her a mutant once more to never show up in the x-men or adjacent satelite times.

it's a waste of time and it won't happen, she'\s the scarlet witch the human sorceres and the pretender

Saying "oh, she can't be a mutant, she got her powers from Chthon" doesn't really work when she was still a mutant when she got her connection to Chaos magic in the comics.

Saying "oh, she can't be a mutant, she got her powers from Chthon" doesn't really work when she was still a mutant when she got her connection to Chaos magic in the comics.
    She got these things at the same time when all of this was established. And according to Agatha she'd have just been an energy wielding mutant without the chaos part of it. They work together, but they are not intertwined. They then got rid of that. Which makes the most sense for Wanda because she's a witch and had long been practicing traditional magic (from the 70s) and had Chthon's blessing. Her greatest powers came from Chthon, so the mutant part started to feel tacked on and not important.