Page 102 of 283 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    And 23 of those minutes will be devoted to credits!
    Lol, this was my thought exactly. But I think the credits are longer actually. I thought this episode would be over an hour and then have next week's be the same so they make it to six hours. But maybe most of that is credits!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

This series spends more time thanking folks than actually focusing on the story it's trying to tell. It's very annoying. I wanted way more Wanda and Vision than we got. As I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't have minded if we had ANOTHER half-hour episode next week, and then have an MCU "movie" on March 5th. This show has got so much ground to cover, and I hope they "stick the landing". I'm glad they tied the "Pietro" thing to Agnes so they could lump their story together. And I hope the SWORD/FBI/Military stuff will cut it out with the exposition. I hated it when Woo and Rambeau were discussing how Hayward's people were trying to "weaponize" the Vision. Because it was something we already fucking KNEW!!!

This series spends more time thanking folks than actually focusing on the story it's trying to tell. It's very annoying. I wanted way more Wanda and Vision than we got. As I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't have minded if we had ANOTHER half-hour episode next week, and then have an MCU "movie" on March 5th. This show has got so much ground to cover, and I hope they "stick the landing". I'm glad they tied the "Pietro" thing to Agnes so they could lump their story together. And I hope the SWORD/FBI/Military stuff will cut it out with the exposition. I hated it when Woo and Rambeau were discussing how Hayward's people were trying to "weaponize" the Vision. Because it was something we already fucking KNEW!!!

What do you mean the series "spends more time thanking folks"?

Also are you from the future? you didn't know any of the last part with S.W.O.R.D (you may have guessed it) before epsiode 5 or 6. The exposition was new information to the characters (and to us) so Woo and Rambeau discussing it further in more detail. Shouldn't be annoying you this much!! go to sleep!

If you want more Wanda and Vision interaction go read the comics...
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 02-21-2021 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Those aren't her most famous, but HoM is definitely most infamous. Vision and the Scarlet Witch, he comes by once in the 2 volume series. And that's the Thanksgiving issue. Those are also a few stories out of the thousands she's been in. And she has very limited interaction with him actually in those.

In UXM, she was there for 9 issues. Then in Avengers for the next 40+ years before AD/HoM even happen. It's been six years since the retcon.

Animated never progressed her past her Brotherhood years.

It's not a rich relationship. People just over-exaggerate the link because mutants.
    100% agree again. Those aforementioned Wanda stories featuring Magneto are some of her most infamous and pretty much every Wanda fan despises them since they set up her being thrown into character limbo in the 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda's most well known stories have to do with her and very few people outside of comics nerds have read those. The only reason people link her mostly to the others is because they read them for them being linked to mutants, not Wanda. The importance isn't even put on her in some of those. And one of them she isn't even awake, lol. The MCU made Wanda famous. Nothing else.

Avengers #234
    Giant Size Avengers #4
    Avengers #104

Stuff like that. That establish her origin and are things that the show is calling on as well. But it must be only HoM right? Because people looked on Pinterest and saw how super important that is to Wanda, lol.

Exactly. It's more about mutants than Wanda.
    X-Fans have always been possessive about Wanda for some reason even though the vast majority of them despise her and just want to see her suffer. I hope she never goes back to that side of the MU ever again considering all the hate and vitriol they throw towards her and the subpar stories we've gotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Yep some people just want mutnts and magneto being Wanda's father at any cost. Good thing fans don't run MCU
    One of the best parts about Wanda was that she was a mutant not linked to the X-Men. After the first few issues in UXM as part of Magneto's Brotherhood, I don't think she popped up in an UXM issue again for decades. X-Fans also fail to remember that Magneto being Wanda's father was a retcon and it wasn't even the first time her parentage had been retconned.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Thing is the actor, William Hurt, is too good to be wasted for just a nothing role. Ross becomes Red Hulk but is certainly about military rule kind of stuff, so he is an antagonist with a big agenda. He will figure somewhere, maybe not here, I guess.
    He was never supposed to appear in WandaVision right? I feel like he'd be likely to show up in She-Hulk especially since Mark Ruffalo is returning for that.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It's a bit moot now because Wanda is now best known for a story where she's not Magneto's daughter or a mutant (unless they introduce "Magneto was her father all along" and I really don't think that's likely). Before this year, even with the MCU, she was probably best known from the X-Men cartoons, because her parts in the MCU were small and she was rarely the first character people talked about after seeing an MCU movie.

If "Pietro" really does turn out to be Fox Quicksilver I hope they get to have a chat about how his dad is a guy with magnetic powers, while her universe's Quicksilver was the son of a couple of Eastern Europeans who got killed in the '90s, so obviously they can't be related. That would simplify everything considerably.

(I'm not against Magneto being their father in the comics... though I do think at this point they should stop retconning their parentage. But I am glad that more people now know that she's an interesting character without Magneto being involved.)
    Very solid point that now because of WandaVision, the stain of being Magneto's daughter has been washed away in pop culture because most people will recognize her from this. He is not a relevant part of her history anymore.

I think WandaVision has done a great job on focusing on the people that really matter to Wanda: Vision, Pietro and Agatha.
    If only it was the right Pietro.

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    What do you mean the series "spends more time thanking folks"?

Also are you from the future? you didn't know any of the last part with S.W.O.R.D (you may have guessed it) before epsiode 5 or 6. The exposition was new information to the characters (and to us) so Woo and Rambeau discussing it further in more detail. Shouldn't be annoying you this much!! go to sleep!

If you want more Wanda and Vision interaction go read the comics...
    When Darcy, Monica and Woo looked at that laptop in an earlier episode and found out that Hayward's office was tracking Vision, it was abundantly clear to me why SWORD was so interested in him. You think they were spying on him just because they liked the design on his cape?! It's just like when Woo and Monica were trying to get through the hex in that last episode. They literally told us that they were trying to get to Darcy. Which could be EASILY deduced by watching the episode the week before. And when I mentioned "thanking folks", I was making a joke about how many credits there were in this show. Sure I could read the comics. And I have. But if a show is titled WandaVision, I would definitely like to see as much of those two characters as possible on screen. I love Darcy and I think she's charismatically funny. But her character feels weird when she's CONSTANTLY spouting exposition.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-21-2021 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Well By How well WandaVision is going over in the World, that Might Be Changing for Wanda on a WorldWide Bases Finally. ;-)
    Yes, I believe this wholeheartedly. Wanda is an A-Lister for sure now especially as one of the few prominent MCU heroines. The fact that she's going to be one of the few ones to cross over from Phases 1-3 to the new phases will only increase her popularity and recognition. And she did all of this without any X-Men or Magneto because Wanda's worth was never defined by them and they only brought her down.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    He was never supposed to appear in WandaVision right? I feel like he'd be likely to show up in She-Hulk especially since Mark Ruffalo is returning for that.

Very solid point that now because of WandaVision, the stain of being Magneto's daughter has been washed away in pop culture because most people will recognize her from this. He is not a relevant part of her history anymore.

If only it was the right Pietro.
    Well, he was the more popular one. So I'll grudgingly accept him as the new Pietro. Better than not showing him at all.

But if a show is titled WandaVision, I would definitely like to see as much of those two characters as possible on screen. I love Darcy and I think she's charismatically funny. But her character feels weird when she's CONSTANTLY spouting exposition.
    I hear you on this but she is kind of that character

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    I hear you on this but she is kind of that character
    Woo and Darcy have been very funny on WandaVision, but since they've become exposition machines I've felt they've gotten less opportunities to tell jokes. Which makes me sad, because that's they're strength as performers. And Monica has become so serious ever since she left the Hex, it's damaged her likeability in my opinion. She was extremely likeable when she was Geraldine. I want that character back. I guess my issue is that I think Jimmy, Lewis and Rambeau sided with Wanda WAY too fast. I'm sympathetic to Wanda's plight, but when she was seen to be trapping the residents of Westview they just totally ignored them and began singing her praises. It just felt so illogical and rushed to me. That's why I think this show should have been eight hours instead of six. I had no idea that there were gonna be so many credits.

Well, he was the more popular one. So I'll grudgingly accept him as the new Pietro. Better than not showing him at all.
    He was only more popular because he got multiple movies to showcase his talent whereas ATJ was killed off after one movie.

Theory time: Now that we know that it was Agatha all along and she didn't have a real name/iD along with the mailman..could he be Ebony? That Cat is everywhere!

I guess my issue is that I think Jimmy, Lewis and Rambeau sided with Wanda WAY too fast. I'm sympathetic to Wanda's plight, but when she was seen to be trapping the residents of Westview they just totally ignored them and began singing her praises. It just felt so illogical and rushed to me. That's why I think this show should have been eight hours instead of six. I had no idea that there were gonna be so many credits.
    I think it's less about them being totally sympatheitic to Wanda's plight and more about what Monica said to Hayward in regards to Wanda being the "solution to their problems rather than the enemy". Plus it clear that they are aware of what Wanda did to Thanos and have a postive bias towards her as an Avenger. Hayward on the other hand does not seem to care very much for superpowered ppl. So i believe Woo and Lewis are giving her the benefit of doubt.

Despite what she may or may not be doing to the towns folk. spoilers:
    Given the new information it's clear the other forces like Agatha and the otherwordly book we see giving off super-powered hexing vibes. Have larger hands in controlling the ppl in the Hex besides Wanda. I mean remember when Vision temporaily reverted his co-worker back to reality? as he begged Vision for help? He didn't say who "she' (Agatha) was and before that, after Monica was sent flying out of Westview. We assumed, like her that "it was all Wanda, all along" but it's really not, which is apart of theme IMO.
    end of spoilers

Still i'm not blind to the issues or rushed elements that you are talking about. I do think more time could have been given to this series - maybe even more episodes - but it's been damn good and to me the contrasting elements of Haywards motives in tracking Vision and his own concern for the townsfolks, it's obivous that where is main foucs is with the people being little more than pretext. Meaning i choose to believe that Woo, Lewis understand the greater goal here and bias is a factor here as mentioned before. Regardless i think/hope the illogical - at times expositional - nature of their actions will be smoothed out by the season finale or a little before that.

Now about the long credits...i guess when they said they were going to mirror early tv programming from the past...they meant it. lol
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 02-22-2021 at 12:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I wouldn't say that, as several of Wanda's most well known storylines do feature Magneto in some capacity. "Darker than Scarlet," "Children's Crusade," both of the Vision and Scarlet Witch minis, and for better or worse, the most infamous story " House of M. " Heck, if you want to own the most important piece of her comic mythos, then you have to pick up her first appearance in X-Men #4 as a member of Magneto's Brotherhood. No amount of retcons can change her real world publication history. The relationship was even explored in two very popular X-Men Animated programs. (Evolution and WatX) Ignoring or erasing the character's rich past and relationships doesn't make for better stories, quite often it does the opposite.
    They just brought the reason why some of Wanda fans aren't really fond of Magneto being around, sure Magneto is not the reason why Wanda is thrown into things like AD/HOM, but they are hardly good case argument for them remaining as parent/child or having any deep connection.(Which they don't.)
    Also yeah, Magneto pop up in Englehart's Vision and Scarlet Witch for that dinner scene, but he is no more important than her neighbors and Avengers associates. The difference is that the others are actually more active in Wanda's stories.

Her real world publication history tells me she got fucked up partly due to that connection, gone for 7 solid years, and still struggle to get back to her home franchise, history teah me a different lesson.

And the animations, yeah, the animations, you mentioned it's not right to ignore characters' "rich past" yet guess what? Those animations ignore the main chunk of Wanda's lore(AKA her Avengers stuff) in favor of Magneto/Mutants, unless by "rich past" you mean getting stuck in some Brotherhood phase. And I agree, both animation Wandas at best are just shadows of comic Wanda, and a pale one at that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    He appeared 3 times, the Thanksgiving issue and for the birth of grandkids Luna and later the twins. And I did say several of her most well known storylines not every issue of Avengers published. But not counting the "Witch on Wundagore Mountain," "Avengers Disassembled," "Visionquest," the Giant Size Wedding issue and the most recent Robinson series (which honestly isn't well known outside of hard-core fans) what would you consider the most well known Wanda-centric stories? The kind of story that comic fans may have heard about even if they never actually read a single Avengers book (ala "the Dark Knight Returns," or "God Loves Man Kills").

For all X-Men related purposes it didn't need to. I mean characters like Scott and Jean never left to form X-Factor either. (People still seemed to really love that Goth version of Wanda in Evolution regardless.)
    Again, if you mean Nights of Wundagore, Magneto is not even in the flashback, it's just Magda, the story focuses on Chthon/Django Maximoff/Modred aside from Wanda.
    As for the animation again, Jean and Scott are still X-characters, again it's a false equivalence you draw here, even without X-factor, X-characters like Jean and Scott have their home franchise to play with, while Wanda is stuck in her minimal early phase of a character. Really, do you honestly think Wanda's brotherhood days equals OG X-Men's X-Men days? The quantity of content alone will tell me nope.