Page 280 of 283 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283 LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Um, I barely saw Wasp fight in Endgame. Strange had a good showing at the end of his movie, and on the battle of Titan. Scarlet Witch forgot she had mental powers until WandaVision, and had to be rescued by Black Widow and Okoye of all people

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the villains business. I think if writers put enough effort into it, they could create a plot with non-villain obstacles.

I don't think she forgot. I think she consciously didn't want to use those aspects of her powers unless she really needed to.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post
    I don't think she forgot. I think she consciously didn't want to use those aspects of her powers unless she really needed to.
    But why though? She could've used them at several useful moments

Because the plot did not call for it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Because the plot did not call for it.
    How is that an excuse?

How is that an excuse?
    Because that's how stories are structured. You get a character that does everything at every time and you just have a plot device that can do anything. She's never used her full tool kit all the time.

Ultimate Member

Because that's how stories are structured. You get a character that does everything at every time and you just have a plot device that can do anything. She's never used her full tool kit all the time.
    But then what's the point of that power if she doesn't use it? And there's a big difference between using her powers and being a plot device

But then what's the point of that power if she doesn't use it? And there's a big difference between using her powers and being a plot device
    She has used them. She used them in AoU and in her show. Likely the reason she didn't use it in between is it wasn't figured into what she was doing then. Which was honing her other powers. And did so well against the enemies she faced. They are still developing her. So they likely wanted to use her powers from comics, the incorporate in her MCU ones.

Ultimate Member

She has used them. She used them in AoU and in her show. Likely the reason she didn't use it in between is it wasn't figured into what she was doing then. Which was honing her other powers. And did so well against the enemies she faced. They are still developing her. So they likely wanted to use her powers from comics, the incorporate in her MCU ones.
    That makes a bit more sense. If she didn't know what she was doing, I can see her wanting to be more careful

Plus you have to figure, comics she hardly uses teleport or healing. But can also do both. She just has so much more going on than most characters in the power department. There's just a lot for writers to cover. And most of what she has been in doesn't focus that much on her.

Extraordinary Member

The writers of Civil War and the third and fourth Avengers movies actually brought this up in 2019, and one of them said that House of M would be great but it didn't really seem to be within Wanda's skillset, and the other said "We took her skillset away. She had mind control stuff early."

It's very much like in comics, where one writer will not necessarily retcon something out, but they will act as if that power or story didn't happen. Wanda under the Russo/Markus/McFeely team wasn't explicitly said not to have mental powers, but she didn't use them or mention them, and a new viewer wouldn't have known she ever had them.

It reminds me a bit of how during the Busiek run Wanda could not teleport or levitate (for very long anyway), but when she popped up as a guest star in Dan Jurgens' Thor, she could teleport herself and others. But the Avengers comics never exactly said she couldn't teleport, they just acted like she couldn't.

Her powers in every medium will always be just "whatever the current writer thinks they are."
    Last edited by gurkle; 05-13-2021 at 03:14 PM.

Ultimate Member

I guess I just like it when they're consistent. Plus, there aren't many Avengers with that kind of power in the MCU, so she stands out a bit more IMO

Extraordinary Member

I didn't like Wanda's line "it still doesn't change how they see me" in the finale* (like many people I wish she had said something like "it doesn't change what I did to them") but I did see someone point out something interesting, that it might be a callback to Vision's line from Civil War, where he said he wanted people to see Wanda the way he does.

I don't know if it's an intentional callback or not, but it's a very depressing callback. What Vision wanted has not happened yet and may never happen.

*Between that and the Monica line that it was replying to, that whole scene could have been written a lot better than it was.

Amazing Member

From what I gathered post CA: Civil War she seems to be willing to go either route: retiring from the superhero biz all together or, when she's in her right mind, not use her powers offensively or to hurt people.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post
    From what I gathered post CA: Civil War she seems to be willing to go either route: retiring from the superhero biz all together or, when she's in her right mind, not use her powers offensively or to hurt people.
    Except she did hurt several people in Civil War

Amazing Member

Except she did hurt several people in Civil War
    If you mean the people in the hospital, she was trying to save Cap and the people on the ground, That was unintentional. She looked horrified when she saw what happened.