Page 216 of 283 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm confused as to him not being snapped would mean he didn't steal it. It's not like they were keeping the body until next of kin could claim it either. Even if given authority to claim the body because Wanda was not back yet, from Wanda's perspective, they took him, wouldn't let her fulfill his last wishes, went against his will. They treated him like property.
    I didn't express myself well and I think I also misunderstood a part of your comment. What I mean is that I think after the snap, Tony or whoever agreed to let SWORD have the body for some reason, and he has been trying to bring him back ever since he became director, years before Wanda even came back. That's the impression I got, but either way that part isn't really relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Apparently the Pandemic messed with the show quite a bit

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/wa...ed-the-finale/

There are also now rumors the Strange stuff was filmed and got cut out for whatever reason.
    I wonder if they might reuse the footage for Multiverse of Madness?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how much the quarantine will actually be shown in future MCU projects.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Wow! This is fascinating. I think WandaVision absolutely could have used ten episodes. I've always thought another forty minutes of screentime could have fleshed out a LOT of things. Too bad it didn't happen.

Depends on who shot it, I'd imagine.

The end credit scene of WandaVision seemed obviously shot by Raimi, not the WV people.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Wow! This is fascinating. I think WandaVision absolutely could have used ten episodes. I've always thought another forty minutes of screentime could have fleshed out a LOT of things. Too bad it didn't happen.
    We're in agreement there.

BANNED

I don't know, so much of WandaVision was about WestView (notice the WV initials in both), and the longer you stretched it the bigger the issue of Wanda's powers torturing those people get to be unacceptable. Especially if all you are doing is building stuff that would have resolution (if at all) in the next Dr. Strange movie.

Ultimate Member

We're in agreement there.
    I'd have liked more too. The ending was good in many ways but felt rushed, and I feel Monica needed to be better integrated into the plot.

If I may share, this is a lovely interview with the show runner / head writer of WandaVision:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/08/a...Schaeffer.html

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I don't know, so much of WandaVision was about WestView (notice the WV initials in both), and the longer you stretched it the bigger the issue of Wanda's powers torturing those people get to be unacceptable. Especially if all you are doing is building stuff that would have resolution (if at all) in the next Dr. Strange movie.
    Yeah, that's a good point. I agree with you to a certain extent. It would have definitely helped Monica's characterization I think. But the torture was getting pretty heinous at that point.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, that's a good point. I agree with you to a certain extent. It would have definitely helped Monica's characterization I think. But the torture was getting pretty heinous at that point.
    Maybe they could have expanded on that in her flashback episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Maybe they could have expanded on that in her flashback episode?
    Quite possibly. If they had done that, maybe Wanda wouldn't have come out of the show looking so bad (in my humble opinion). I think rushing the ending (which I feared was gonna happen), just made the finale a MESS. Definitely didn't ruin the show for me, but I was disappointed. I mean I read a comment from a wife of somebody who is a HUGE MCU nerd saying stuff like:

"So she kidnapped and tortured a town because she was sad and the cop lady is like "I would have done it too"?"
    "Is that really the last thing you want to say to your imaginary kids before they dissolve?"
    "Runes!"
    "I don't want another show about side characters"

And these complaints were JUST about Episode 9, so I assume she enjoyed the previous eight.

Ultimate Member

Quite possibly. If they had done that, maybe Wanda wouldn't have come out of the show looking so bad (in my humble opinion). I think rushing the ending (which I feared was gonna happen), just made the finale a MESS. Definitely didn't ruin the show for me, but I was disappointed. I mean I read a comment from a wife of somebody who is a HUGE MCU nerd saying stuff like:

"So she kidnapped and tortured a town because she was sad and the cop lady is like "I would have done it too"?"
    "Is that really the last thing you want to say to your imaginary kids before they dissolve?"
    "Runes!"
    "I don't want another show about side characters"

And these complaints were JUST about Episode 9, so I assume she enjoyed the previous eight.
    Harsh. But I can see how that comes off as bad

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Harsh. But I can see how that comes off as bad
    Yeah, I think one more episode would have helped this show. Even it prolonged the torture of the people in Westview. It might have even explained Wanda's mindset a little bit better. I think the series got way TOO cute about teasing who was the villain between Wanda and Agatha, and it just confused audiences. Marvel Studios is known for simplifying and streamlining comic book stories for the masses, but I think they didn't do a good job of that in WandaVision. Man, I had high expectations for this show so being slightly let down is mostly on me I guess. But I have a feeling that as time goes on more and more people will see the flaws and how it fell short of its potential. Hate to be a downer, but that's how I feel. And WandaVision was so CLOSE to being great too. I read somebody who I really respect saying he actually watched an episode of Mr. Robot that basically did the central conceit of WandaVision but way better. And from what I've heard, Mr. Robot is an amazing show. Maybe the MCU will try something similar with just the Vision and his other family in the future and improve on what they did in WandaVision. That would make me sad because Wanda wouldn't be there though.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I think one more episode would have helped this show. Even it prolonged the torture of the people in Westview. It might have even explained Wanda's mindset a little bit better. I think the series got way TOO cute about teasing who was the villain between Wanda and Agatha, and it just confused audiences. Marvel Studios is known for simplifying and streamlining comic book stories for the masses, but I think they didn't do a good job of that in WandaVision. Man, I had high expectations for this show so being slightly let down is mostly on me I guess. But I have a feeling that as time goes on more and more people will see the flaws and how it fell short of its potential. Hate to be a downer, but that's how I feel. And WandaVision was so CLOSE to being great too. I read somebody who I really respect saying he actually watched an episode of Mr. Robot that basically did the central conceit of WandaVision but way better. And from what I've heard, Mr. Robot is an amazing show. Maybe the MCU will try something similar with just the Vision and his other family in the future and improve on what they did in WandaVision. That would make me sad because Wanda wouldn't be there though.
    I think both SW and Vision could use time apart to develop themselves as individuals in the MCU, like how Falcon and WS are moving on without Captain America