Page 141 of 283 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

There should be a spinoff prequel series for Agatha Harkness. But we'll see how that would work. She's been an adult since at least the 1690s... that's a lot of time to possibly explore. Also maybe in the Loki series since that is time travel based

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

That'd just be a different Agatha then.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Ultron originated as blue energy.
    Oh wow, yeah you're right!!! I was wondering if Ultron might play a role in the finale.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    My guess would be undoing the Hex reverses all its effects on the people in it. All matter is reverted to how it was.

I recall the "snotgate" scene in particular being cold and rainy? That might mean the home we saw Wanda and Vision at the end of the second trailer will be returned to being an empty building site implying the Hex is reversed.
    I do think that's a distinct possibility. It would be cheap, but it would give Wanda an "out".

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Because Wanda said ACAB.

Just kidding.... but in all seriousness, that's actually a good question because it raises another question: what about those cops we saw in episode 4? They said Westview doesn't exist to Jimmy and Monica, which is obviously not true, as we've seen in episode 8. Westview WAS a real place with real people. So what the hell was up with those officers? They weren't inside of the Hex, so they couldn't be under its effect. Why would they just lie like that? In hindsight... it feels very suspicious. I wonder if that's gonna be explained in any way.
    I don't know why so many in the comicsgate community think that the MCU is infested with alleged woke influences. It's not like Wanda is advocating "defunding the police" or "banning all pipelines". I mean Vision is pretty conservative in WandaVision. He obviously dislikes Communists. If anything, Disney is not that liberal at all. I don't get the hate to be quite honest.

Journey is right about the total lack of synergy between the movie/television and print branches of Marvel (when it comes to Wanda and Vision). This is what one dude posted online recently:

"Went to my local comic store the other day since I realized I'd never read Tom King's Vision book and I was curious about it since everyone says it's so good and also cause WandaVision is taking inspiration from it. But when I got there, the guy told me it was out of print. Think about that: the most popular TV show right now is based on this comic and Marvel couldn't be bothered to put it back into print. When a movie comes out based on a novel, that book goes right back into print with a big "now a major motion picture!" sticker on the cover." I don't know why Marvel Comics was not prepared to capitalize on the potential popularity of WandaVision. They've had plenty of time to prepare for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Journey is right about the total lack of synergy between the movie/television and print branches of Marvel (when it comes to Wanda and Vision). This is what one dude posted online recently:

"Went to my local comic store the other day since I realized I'd never read Tom King's Vision book and I was curious about it since everyone says it's so good and also cause WandaVision is taking inspiration from it. But when I got there, the guy told me it was out of print. Think about that: the most popular TV show right now is based on this comic and Marvel couldn't be bothered to put it back into print. When a movie comes out based on a novel, that book goes right back into print with a big "now a major motion picture!" sticker on the cover." I don't know why Marvel Comics was not prepared to capitalize on the potential popularity of WandaVision. They've had plenty of time to prepare for it.
    Yeah I don't know what they are thinking. They could have had stuff ready and be advertising it. And I know they released the paperback of Wanda and Vision stuff. But that basically has the same stuff the others have had. I feel for the person that just wants to read The Vision. It's a good book.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post

Publishing probably didn't think WandaVision would blow up like it did. In general they seem to have an antipathy for these characters. The last ongoing for Wanda only happened because the writer pressed editorial. Given that they missed out on the 2000s Marvel Renaissance because of HoM/Disassembled, they have really taken a backseat at Marvel. The current crop of creators outside of Zub don't seem to be fans of Wanda as seen by the Empyre X-Men tie-in. And publishing seems to be doubling down on this despite the characters becoming increasingly more popular.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 03-01-2021 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Publishing probably didn't think WandaVision would blow up like it did. In general they seem to have an antipathy for these characters. The last ongoing for Wanda only happened because the writer pressed editorial. Given that they missed out on the 2000s Marvel Renaissance because of HoM/Disassembled, they have really taken a backseat at Marvel. The current crop of creators outside of Zub don't seem to be fans of Wanda as seen by the Empyre X-Men tie-in. And publishing seems to be doubling down on this despite the characters becoming increasingly more popular.
    They did have Darkhold Alpha lined up for release but then Covid happened and they stopped comics. Steve Orlando went on to do other things, and him and the artist are playing catch up. It's supposed to be released later this year, which a paperback edition coming out next January. Which sadly is too late for synergy with this show but will be hopefully right before Strange 2 (as long as that doesn't get delayed).
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I know some folks pondered about where DS was during t week or more span of chaos (heh) started in part by Wanda but since he's not the Sorcerer Supreme in the MCU, never really interacted with Wanda and is still only a Master of the Mystic Arts (order magic) him knowing about chaos magic or Wanda abilities. Let alone being able to detect the use of it like Agatha did would be way out of left field for his character.

Despite logically speaking, him at least keeping tabs on the avengers to a certain level. After Tony's death but maybe that's not his current mindset? not like he knows them, like he does Wong. Plus i'm sure more pressing time related matters need/ed to be handled. After defeating - out of time - Thanos and all the infinity stone thievery.

Which I'm sure caused a huge ripple effect across varies realities and timelines. Things, that we'll see elements of in terms of blowback in Loki and AMT3 but also SM3, and specifically tMoM.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 03-01-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They did have Darkhold Alpha lined up for release but then Covid happened and they stopped comics. Steve Orlando went on to do other things, and him and the artist are playing catch up. It's supposed to be released later this year, which a paperback edition coming out next January. Which sadly is too late for synergy with this show but will be hopefully right before Strange 2 (as long as that doesn't get delayed).
    That's laughable to be honest. Not having Wanda, Vision or Pietro in any comics while WandaVision blows up the charts, and stuff like Tom King's The Vision not being available... it's amateur hour. I remember the days when Bob Harras was fired as Marvel EIC allegedly because he failed to capitalize on the X-Men movie's success with the comics. 20 years later, I'm still not seeing a lot of capitalization.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah I don't know what they are thinking. They could have had stuff ready and be advertising it. And I know they released the paperback of Wanda and Vision stuff. But that basically has the same stuff the others have had. I feel for the person that just wants to read The Vision. It's a good book.
    Yeah, I know comic book creators can't go on PBS and/or CNN like book authors can to promote their work, but I think Marvel Comics should have tried WAY harder than they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I guess the publishing branch of Marvel is secretly hoping that WandaVision does a bad job of wrapping up the series so it can justify not promoting Wanda, Vision and Pietro. Although I'm not in love with the Pietro recasting decision, I'm absolutely thrilled that Quicksilver is getting some much needed love and affection in the MCU. I'm glad lots of folks online are talking about him now. But Marvel Comics seems to have even less interest in Pietro than Wanda and Vision, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-01-2021 at 07:10 PM.

I wonder how many of the MCU movies and projects increased readership.

See, I don't think it does, greatly and that would be a conscious decision on their part too. Sure they know who is their regular reading audience, but to calculate how many others who are not regular readers will dig in

is a gamble for them. Printing costs, etc.

So I believe their speculation included how they saw this project going forward during the time they would have had for increased comics.

They took a gamble, not realizing, perhaps, how popular WV would be.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I don't know if it was a popularity issue. I mean, they gave M.O.D.O.K synergy for his upcoming cartoon. Would Marvel really anticipate M.O.D.O.K being more successful than Wandavision?