Page 213 of 283 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    People love heroes, antagonists and villains. They loved Widow with her red ledger, they loved Hulk with his out of control powers, Hawkeye with his murdering spree, Loki with all his lies and deception.

The love people have for characters does not have to be excusive to ones that never have flaws or do anything wrong.
    To err is human. Even for superheroes. I don't want the superheroes to be emotionless goody-two shoes. I don't even mind when they wade into some morally gray areas and come out of them not looking so great. Those are interesting stories. But it's important to me that they take responsibility for their actions. Instead I got a new superhero spouting off about sacrifice because the writers want me to handwave Wanda's actions. That's garbage and you know it.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

People love heroes, antagonists and villains. They loved Widow with her red ledger, they loved Hulk with his out of control powers, Hawkeye with his murdering spree, Loki with all his lies and deception.

The love people have for characters does not have to be excusive to ones that never have flaws or do anything wrong.
    Don't Forget Loki Started a litteral War of the Worlds by Invading New York City killing who knows how many people, cause Trauma himself on purpose and Millions if not in the Billions in Property Damage to the City.

Then his Lies put him on the Throne of Asguard, leading to Odin his own Father Dying and Releasing Hela that lead to Ragnarok and SO many of his own People to being Killed and his own Home having to be destoryed to stop her.

Thor his Own Brother litteraly Ran him down for this in Ragnarok showed how Pissed off he was at him in Jail!

Yet we Don't talk about that as much Do We?!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    To err is human. Even for superheroes. I don't want the superheroes to be emotionless goody-two shoes. I don't even mind when they wade into some morally gray areas and come out of them not looking so great. Those are interesting stories. But it's important to me that they take responsibility for their actions. Instead I got a new superhero spouting off about sacrifice because the writers want me to handwave Wanda's actions. That's garbage and you know it.
    Since her story isn't finished, we can't really judge it until it reaches it's conclusion. I understand the worry with the character for sure. But she's getting the third degree here that hasn't happened with other characters and is almost exclusive to these forums. And before her story has come close to the end. I surely hope this isn't a whole year of doom and gloom when we don't know what will happen.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    She wasn't herself. She bewitched herself to that point. It was clearly wrong, because it is like wake up someone sleepwalking.
    It'sa mental health issue, not a cop issue

people loved Stark when he did supply guns to murder innocents. If people loved him but drew the line on Wanda? well that really speaks about people twisted morals
    I don't think I have twisted morals. I think I've been consistent all along. I think Hawkeye, Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Iron Man, Loki, Superman and Batman have all done terrible things. And I believe they should be punished for their crimes. But how do you punish people if they've been "mind-controlled"? And I didn't love Stark when he supplied guns to murder innocents. I liked him when he realized he made a mistake and was gonna try and fix it:

https://medium.com/cinenation-show/a...n-474497caf04f

Ultimate Member

I don't think I have twisted morals. I think I've been consistent all along. I think Hawkeye, Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Iron Man, Loki, Superman and Batman have all done terrible things. And I believe they should be punished for their crimes. But how do you punish people if they've been "mind-controlled"? And I didn't love Stark when he supplied guns to murder innocents. I liked him when he realized he made a mistake and was gonna try and fix it:

https://medium.com/cinenation-show/a...n-474497caf04f
    What did Superman do?

Since her story isn't finished, we can't really judge it until it reaches it's conclusion. I understand the worry with the character for sure. But she's getting the third degree here that hasn't happened with other characters and is almost exclusive to these forums. And before her story has come close to the end. I surely hope this isn't a whole year of doom and gloom when we don't know what will happen.
    Yea Like I said early it is only really here that all this debate has been happeing and I have been trying to find it elsewhere and so far on the net and with my friend in RL these worries and perceptations some have for Wanda, some from Friends that I get are geniune worried and I get that worry and like to help to bring that down, but these debates are not what is Dominating the Talke about Wanda at all in the World.

She is being received VERY Well by the Masses and If their is ANYTHING to that, it might again prove to Marvel that they have a New Possible Golden Girl on their Hands that can lead the Way in Marvel as a Front and Center Leading Lady of the Brand!

I don't get worried about Wanda going bad until I have clear evidance to say and with how badly these theories turned out to be in the fan community over the show, I would not put stock into any of them saying she will go bad.'

I, ME, I Put Stock in the Reaction she is Getting, the LOVE she is Getting, The POSITIVE Views she is getting from what I have seen around Youtube and else in Real Life.

I say put stock into that cause when that happens, Hopefully Marvel and Disney are Listening and then it leads to more Likelihood they will put more Postive Stock in Wanda!

That is a Hope I believe in Cause it is Backed-Up by Real World Reactions and Majority Value!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I think I've criticized PLENTY of other heroes in comic book movie adaptations. I thought it was bullshit when Daredevil left that rapist on the railroad tracks to be split in half in his movie. And then went to his coffin and slept like a baby. I thought the Amazing Spider-Man was a piece of garbage character who left people to die while he was showboating his powers. And on top of that he was a jackass. Wanda already redeemed herself after the Week of Ultron. I don't know why they're making her behave so unethically AGAIN. I hated the writers making Wanda enslave an entire town. And I hated it even more how they made her fly away when the sirens started wailing. I think it's really unfair that she's being portrayed in this way unlike Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman. The folks at Marvel Comics and apparently at Marvel Studios want her to be this character who is not too villainous and not too heroic. And it just muddies her character in a way that I don't like. Have her make mistakes and do wrong things, that's fine. But own up to them. I don't know why they made Wanda wait to do this in Doctor Strange 2. Any small gesture using her considerable magical powers NOW would go a long way.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-07-2021 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    What did Superman do?
    Practically destroy half of Metropolis (along with General Zod) in Man of Steel. And actually murder his primary antagonist.

Ultimate Member

Practically destroy half of Metropolis (along with General Zod) in Man of Steel. And actually murder his primary antagonist.
    Oh yeah. It seems so unlike Superman should be

I think I've criticized PLENTY of other heroes in comic book movie adaptations. I thought it was bullshit when Daredevil left that rapist on the railroad tracks to be split in half in his movie. And then went to his coffin and slept like a baby. I thought the Amazing Spider-Man was a piece of garbage character who left people to die while he was showboating his powers. And on top of that he was a jackass. Wanda already redeemed herself after the Week of Ultron. I don't know why they're making her behave so unethically AGAIN. I hated the writers making Wanda enslave an entire town. And I hated it even more how they made her fly away when the sirens started wailing. I think it's really unfair that she's being portrayed in this way unlike Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman. The folks at Marvel Comics and apparently at Marvel Studios want her to be this character who is not too villainous and not too heroic. And it just muddies her character in a way that I don't like. Have her make mistakes and do wrong things, that's fine. But own up to them. I don't know why they made Wanda wait to do this in Doctor Strange 2. Any small gesture using her considerable magical powers NOW would go a long way.
    They had the ending the way it is because Doctor Strange 2 was originally supposed to come out 12 days after WandaVision ending.

And I I'm not talking about the third degree from just you. It's a forum thing. And no it wasn't as bad for other characters. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Yea Like I said early it is only really here that all this debate has been happeing and I have been trying to find it elsewhere and so far on the net and with my friend in RL these worries and perceptations some have for Wanda, some from Friends that I get are geniune worried and I get that worry and like to help to bring that down, but these debates are not what is Dominating the Talke about Wanda at all in the World.

She is being received VERY Well by the Masses and If their is ANYTHING to that, it might again prove to Marvel that they have a New Possible Golden Girl on their Hands that can lead the Way in Marvel as a Front and Center Leading Lady of the Brand!

I don't get worried about Wanda going bad until I have clear evidance to say and with how badly these theories turned out to be in the fan community over the show, I would not put stock into any of them saying she will go bad.'

I, ME, I Put Stock in the Reaction she is Getting, the LOVE she is Getting, The POSITIVE Views she is getting from what I have seen around Youtube and else in Real Life.

I say put stock into that cause when that happens, Hopefully Marvel and Disney are Listening and then it leads to more Likelihood they will put more Postive Stock in Wanda!

That is a Hope I believe in Cause it is Backed-Up by Real World Reactions and Majority Value!
    I say this with GREAT respect and affection, but why is having a debate about Wanda's actions a BAD thing? I think it's great! It shows we really care about this character and how she is portrayed. It demonstrates we're looking beyond the superficial aspects of her character and examining her moral compass. It shows we're interested in what makes somebody a hero beyond their powers. I don't understand why that's a negative thing to be quite honest.

Extraordinary Member

They had the ending the way it is because Doctor Strange 2 was originally supposed to come out 12 days after WandaVision ending.
    It's typically bitter sweet for Wanda fans that the COVID delays wrecked the chance to see her story continue immediately after her show, but also made her show much bigger than it would have been if it had gone second.

I mean, obviously it would be better for the whole world if there were no COVID delays, but you see what I mean. It's hard to know yet if the schedule change will be bad or good for the character.

I say this with GREAT respect and affection, but why is having a debate about Wanda's actions a BAD thing? I think it's great! It shows we really care about this character and how she is portrayed. It demonstrates we're looking beyond the superficial aspects of her character and examining her moral compass. It shows we're interested in what makes somebody a hero beyond their powers. I don't understand why that's a negative thing to be quite honest.
    Because there's one thing to say what she did was bad, then to make full declarations about it like her story has already ended and then beat that horse repeatedly before we even know how things conclude.

Really it is not and you are right, Like I said in early posts Debate is good and it is what we do here , My point was just wanting to make sure we don't get TOO sucked into it and I have found to much over the years and it seems at times with these debates too that to much of it makes some get upset or thinking this is the center of how most are seeing this project when it is not.

It is more of a realization of the world around us I just like to remind us of so one does not get to sucked in.

Because there's one thing to say what she did was bad, then to make full declarations about it like her story has already ended and then beat that horse repeatedly before we even know how things conclude.
    I'm sorry if you think I'm beating a dead horse. I really am. And I REALLY hope they address Westview in future projects. But I think I've been relatively fair in my analysis? WandaVision has actually made me ACTIVELY despise SWORD and I hope to never see and hear from them EVER again. They literally added NOTHING to WandaVision and I would have cut them out of the story completely. I really enjoyed Monica in the first few episodes. She was "fake" but charming. Very sympathetic. Then after Episode 3 she was set up as the heroic audience surrogate. It was just so rushed and I felt it to be quite inauthentic. That she handwaved Wanda's actions without much of a thought for the people she harmed was jarring, to say the least (to me). And it actually made me less excited for a Monica story, moving forward. If she's going to be this feckless.