Page 154 of 283 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    I don't see where he says Goodner was an Aerospace Engineer. I thought she was an Air Force Major?

That's not a tease though, that's an actress stating she's excited for us to learn the identity for the character she alluded to. We'll know for sure soon!
    He refers to the Rover being handed over. It's not like Goodner is some well established character. They can make her whatever they want.

They already let us know who it is. It was for Monica sneaking into the hex. The tease was even for that episode. You are welcome to hold out hope that some big character will be the aerospace engineer in the last 50 minutes of the show. I am gonna trust the director that it's already happened and nothing big.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Honestly, I don't know whether to still expect any new character or not now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    They didn't nerf Captain Marvel. And now Wanda's gaining more power. Really I don't get the point of nerfing guys like Hulk and Vision and Scarlet Witch when Okoye can somehow take down Corvus Glaive in one shot. I'd rather see them than another Hawkeye type character. Plus, guys like Vision, Scarlet Witch and Doctor Strange have more distinct power sets than someone like Captain Marvel.

It's true some countries are afraid of the Devil, but I'm not sure all of them have D+ anyway. I'd like to think Disney wouldn't care about stupid things like that.
    Women don't get nerfed as much. I just think the Russos like characters who aren't OP. I hated what Marvel Studios did to the Hulk. Less so Vision because he's not nearly as popular and/or an important character (even though he and Wanda are my favorite Avengers) as Banner is. I actually hate what Marvel Studios did to Hawkeye as well, to tell you the truth and he wasn't even nerfed. But I fully expect these "problems" to be fixed in She-Hulk and Hawkeye.

I think Disney is very concerned with its international reputation abroad and it doesn't want to antagonize moviegoers around the world who don't have Disney+. Because if Mephisto shows up in the shows, he'll have to show up in the movies too. So I think Mephisto is out. Unless at the end of WandaVision White Vision is actually Ultron who then turns out to be Mephisto.

What baffles me is that after Vision got upset at Wanda, she LET him go on his own way to do his own thing on Halloween. I thought she would just assert her domination over him again. I mean Ultron wouldn't hesitate to take control of Vision again if he rebelled, but Wanda just accepted Vision's independence. She literally is the boss of the Vision household. Very weird.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-04-2021 at 06:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    What baffles me is that after Vision got upset at Wanda, she LET him go on his own way to do his own thing on Halloween. I thought she would just assert her domination over him again. I mean Ultron wouldn't hesitate to take control of Vision again if he rebelled, but Wanda just accepted Vision's independence. She literally is the boss of the Vision household. Very weird.
    If Vision didn't have free will then it would go against the point of creating him. She (subconsciously) doesn't want someone who does whatever she wants, because that wouldn't be the man she loved.

There's probably a contrast here with Hayward, who is trying to re-create Vision as a mere machine who will do what he wants. As far as Wanda is concerned that wouldn't be Vision at all.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    If Vision didn't have free will then it would go against the point of creating him. She (subconsciously) doesn't want someone who does whatever she wants, because that wouldn't be the man she loved.

There's probably a contrast here with Hayward, who is trying to re-create Vision as a mere machine who will do what he wants. As far as Wanda is concerned that wouldn't be Vision at all.
    You make a very good point. I definitely understand what's going on now. Thank you.

I still feel it's wrong that WandaVision did not credit James Robinson for his work on Witch's Road. Director Matt Shakman said that the show's creators specifically used Wanda's solo as an inspiration for WandaVision, and yet Robinson's not getting any credit? That series was the most important one in Wanda's comic book history!:

https://screenrant.com/wandavision-s...man-interview/

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/wa...s-her-destiny/
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-04-2021 at 06:51 PM.

Ultimate Member

I agree. She wanted him to be as he was, so controlling him go against that.

I don't get not using OP characters when the villain is already OOP. I do think female characters get nerfed, like Scarlet Witch until now, or neglected like Wasp has been. I don't see the value of not using powerful characters while focusing on boring powers like Hawkeye and Black Widow.

Ultimate Member

You make a very good point. I definitely understand what's going on now. Thank you.

I still feel it's wrong that WandaVision did not credit James Robinson for his work on Witch's Road. Director Matt Shakman said that the show's creators specifically used Wanda's solo as an inspiration for WandaVision, and yet Robinson's not getting any credit? That series was the most important one in Wanda's comic book history!:

https://screenrant.com/wandavision-s...man-interview/

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/wa...s-her-destiny/
    I heard Marvel has a history of not properly crediting others

I agree. She wanted him to be as he was, so controlling him go against that.

I don't get not using OP characters when the villain is already OOP. I do think female characters get nerfed, like Scarlet Witch until now, or neglected like Wasp has been. I don't see the value of not using powerful characters while focusing on boring powers like Hawkeye and Black Widow.
    I think the writers and directors have an easier time using less OP characters for their stories than OP ones. I don't know why, but that's the way it is. I'm not thrilled with how the MCU has portrayed its female characters (I prefer the DCEU's characterization of women), but I think they have made them strong (but not OP). If Wanda is not dominating Vision like she could, it demonstrates to me that she is not as malevolent as some folks are making her out to be. I'm curious how WandaVision deals with this whole Westview situation. That is one plotline that will have to be addressed before Doctor Strange 2 comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    He refers to the Rover being handed over. It's not like Goodner is some well established character. They can make her whatever they want.
    Like... a Major in the Air Force, perhaps?

They already let us know who it is. It was for Monica sneaking into the hex. The tease was even for that episode. You are welcome to hold out hope that some big character will be the aerospace engineer in the last 50 minutes of the show. I am gonna trust the director that it's already happened and nothing big.
    Ok.

Edit: Just reread the interview from start to finish, never mentioned Major Goodner being the Aerospace engineer.
    Last edited by Harsh Lesson; 03-04-2021 at 07:10 PM.

I heard Marvel has a history of not properly crediting others
    Well this show spends a LOT of time on credits. So why not give each and every comic book creator who helped shape Wanda's character in a significant way over the years some thanks? Like I said, WandaVision has given LOTS of airtime devoted to credits. I don't understand why Robinson hasn't been recognized yet. They're REALLY running out of time to do so.

Ultimate Member

I think the writers and directors have an easier time using less OP characters for their stories than OP ones. I don't know why, but that's the way it is. I'm not thrilled with how the MCU has portrayed its female characters (I prefer the DCEU's characterization of women), but I think they have made them strong (but not OP). If Wanda is not dominating Vision like she could, it demonstrates to me that she is not as malevolent as some folks are making her out to be. I'm curious how WandaVision deals with this whole Westview situation. That is one plotline that will have to be addressed before Doctor Strange 2 comes out.
    Not to knock screenwriters, but sometimes it seems a bit lazy. I can watch grounded action in other franchises. I'm here to see powers

Ok not to be that dude but IDK if yall saw but apparently the MCU X-Men reboot will be titled "The Mutants" tis very convenient this information came to light on the WandaVision finale eve.... Not saying the theories were right but very convenient I'm changing my timezone so I can watch at 12!! I can't live with this suspense!!
    Last edited by Journey; 03-04-2021 at 07:09 PM.

Not to knock screenwriters, but sometimes it seems a bit lazy. I can watch grounded action in other franchises. I'm here to see powers
    Yeah, they're just lazy. Maybe it's easier to show powers off in non-ensemble movies? I'm hoping that's the case with tomorrow's episode.

So, my theories, past and present....

But first, I heard today that some people think Dick Van Dyke is the cameo appearance that Paul Bettany has talked about wanting to work with, and I got on the idea of him being revealed as Mephisto/Nightmare, and now this entire show will be a complete and utter failure in my mind if that doesn't happen.

So, my theories....

Before the show began I figured
    Wanda recovered Vision's body, either repaired but emotionless or still "dead."
    She's offered a chance to save his "soul" by some Nightmare/Mephisto style Big Bad (who'd remain in the shadows until the very, very end) and part of the price is them being stuck in a sitcom fantasyland, where Wanda is subtly influenced to give in to the illusion and serve the Big Bad in some way.
    Wanda and/or Agatha would look, early on, like the villain.
    We'd get a fight between Wanda and Vision at some point, likely towards the end, and when the credits finish Wanda would head off looking for the Big Bad (leading into Strange 2) or (less likely) be under the Big Bad's influence (leading into Strange 2).
    I expected to see Quicksilver in either flashback or the fantasyland, but he wouldn't be "back."
    I expected to see the kids, but don't expect them to be "real" and outlive the fantasyland.
    I expected Vision to end the story dead again, after once more sacrificing himself for others.
    I figured Monica would get roped in via some military agency bent on turning Vision into an obedient weapon, and she'd either get her powers or have them strongly hinted at.
    I had absolutely no idea how or why Woo and Darcy would get involved.

Once the show started I thought
    AIM was involved, due to the hexagon shapes and the beekeeper.
    That the SWORD director (Heywood?) is actually the devilish Big Bad manipulating events (his incompetence seems almost intentional at times)
    Agatha was working to help Wanda in some way while appearing to serve (or at least avoid) the Big Bad.
    Fietro has been pulled in from an alternate reality, and as Wanda's brother and a speedster who can possibly think too quickly to be easily mind controlled, as a way to try and help Wanda escape West View.
    My official "big deal cameo appearance" is Ultron. Or at least his program/voice.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.