Page 23 of 283 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

I think it really is brought to us by Hydra Soak. I think the blue soap is definitely involved https://twitter.com/wandavision/stat...11865920516097
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

"You read my mind" was a pretty good Easter Egg, a callback to Wanda having mind-reading powers in her first movie as well as the mind-control soap from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

It would be nice if they explained why she never used them afterward, though I'm not counting on that. A lot of these Easter Eggs may be just stuff they put in for the fans to notice, but not all of them will necessarily be part of the plot.

E.g. there are several shout-outs to Bova, but it doesn't guarantee she'll actually appear. Same goes for the AoS reference, which I think is deliberate but not necessarily part of the plot.
    Last edited by gurkle; 01-26-2021 at 10:32 AM.

WandaVision Showrunner Promises More Quicksilver References
    https://thedirect.com/article/wandav...gs-trauma-plot

A good reminder to myself that a LOT of viewers of WandaVision are worried things are moving along too FAST:

https://www.polygon.com/2021/1/26/22...coffee-shop-au

I think more of the plot will reveal itself in the next three episodes, but I still believe since Wanda and Vision are in sitcom world, the show will remain funny and light-hearted during that time.

It's weird. For a long time, I had believed that if superheroes and/or supervillains got married and had kids, things would get boring and stale. And that's why comic book writers avoided writing stories about those subjects. But after watching WandaVision, I just think they're being lazy. I actually think "will they, won't they" stories are REALLY boring and stale in my opinion. And what really surprised me is that PLENTY of people don't like them either. I'm in the "let's get on with it" camp. I'm truly impressed with what Schaeffer and company have been doing in making Wanda and Vision such an interesting couple. I wonder if comic book writers will take note?
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-26-2021 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    It's weird. For a long time, I had believed that if superheroes and/or supervillains got married and had kids, things would get boring and stale. And that's why comic book writers avoided writing stories about those subjects. But after watching WandaVision, I just think they're being lazy. I actually think "will they, won't they" stories are REALLY boring and stale in my opinion. And what really surprised me is that PLENTY of people don't like them either. I'm in the "let's get on with it" camp. I'm truly impressed with what Schaeffer and company have been doing in making Wanda and Vision such an interesting couple. I wonder if comic book writers will take note?
    Hickman has Jean and Scott as a married couple (well, more like in a throuple with someone else but anyways) living with their kids. Sadly I don't think that will ever happen for Wanda and Vis. Especially when their kids have other parents and are already grown.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Hickman has Jean and Scott as a married couple (well, more like in a throuple with someone else but anyways) living with their kids. Sadly I don't think that will ever happen for Wanda and Vis. Especially when their kids have other parents and are already grown.
    I would have to agree. I think a DC style reboot would be needed to see Wanda and Vision together raising Billy and Tommy in the Jersey suburbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Oh yeah, I've long given up on Wanda and Vision having a family together. It's just way too late for that now. I apologize for not being clear. I think Vision and Wanda as a couple are toast. I was referring to Marvel couples in general. But I'm surprised that Marvel and DC are allowing "A-list" characters to have stable relationships (Jean and Scott). I remember reading about Jean and Scott in the 90s, and the TREMENDOUS amount of drama between them and Madelyne Pryor and Wolverine. Then after returning to comics I discovered there was even MORE drama when Scott hooked up with Emma Frost (that was very shocking to me). So I figured comic book writers just like that kind of dysfunction. I'm really surprised in 2021, Marvel are "letting" Jean and Cyclops have a family life. I wonder if Mister Sinister is the godfather of those kids.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-26-2021 at 06:15 PM.

I could see them returning to Wanda and Vision as a couple. You could deal with Wanda and Vision trying to connect with their adult kids. Unless you wanna create two new toddlers for them to raise?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-26-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I could see them returning to Wanda and Vision as a couple. The twins are adults and Viv is a teenager so you could deal with Wanda and Vision trying to connect with their adult kids. Unless you wanna create two new toddlers for them to raise?
    Their relationship is messy in comics in a way that it is not in the MCU. They'd have to be rebooted to remove a lot of the history.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I could see them returning to Wanda and Vision as a couple. The twins are adults and Viv is a teenager so you could deal with Wanda and Vision trying to connect with their adult kids. Unless you wanna create two new toddlers for them to raise?
    It'll be tough. Even when I stopped reading Marvel Comics a couple of decades ago, Vision and Wanda were pretty estranged. Since learning more about their subsequent history in the comic books after seeing the movies, I can't see how they could even stand living under the same roof now! There's SO much bad blood there. I mean it COULD be done, but I find the prospect to be unlikely, unfortunately. Although I wouldn't mind seeing it happen myself, thanks to WandaVision.

I just think Marvel doesn't like stable relationships. The one between Vision and Virginia had to be one of the most loving AND destructive ones in recent memory!

And is it just me, but doesn't it appear to you that Vision is VERY submissive in his relationship with Wanda? Not just in WandaVision, but in the comic books too? He practically defers to her all the time. I don't recall Simon being submissive to Wanda when they were together. I like Wanda's personality in the MCU when she's with Vision. She's in charge, but not bossy. She's not badass, but sympathetic. I don't want her personality to change after WandaVision at all.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-26-2021 at 12:55 PM.

Last we saw Wanda, she was a fugitive.

She was a fugitive living in Europe with Vision.
    Then Infinity War happened, then she got dusted, then she snapped back and went to Tony's funeral.
    But... is she still considered a fugitive? Was she working WITH SWORD when all this TV Land **** went down?

So many questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Last we saw Wanda, she was a fugitive.

She was a fugitive living in Europe with Vision.
    Then Infinity War happened, then she got dusted, then she snapped back and went to Tony's funeral.
    But... is she still considered a fugitive? Was she working WITH SWORD when all this TV Land **** went down?

So many questions.
    Hard to say. Schaeffer's promising answers soon.

Hard to say. Schaeffer's promising answers soon.
    Yeah.
    Cuz at first, I figured with Wanda recognizing the SWORD symbol, and being identified over the radio by Woo, etc etc. that perhaps she was working with them. Maybe they showed up to New Jersey in response to this town being in distress? Maybe this town's children vanished? (cuz....there aren't any kids around currently but we do see kids during the Halloween clips) UGH.

So exciting. Loving this so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yeah.
    Cuz at first, I figured with Wanda recognizing the SWORD symbol, and being identified over the radio by Woo, etc etc. that perhaps she was working with them. Maybe they showed up to New Jersey in response to this town being in distress? Maybe this town's children vanished? (cuz....there aren't any kids around currently but we do see kids during the Halloween clips) UGH.

So exciting. Loving this so far.
    It is exciting. Totally agree with you there. But I do get the sense that even fans of the show want more clues as to where this story is going. There have been complaints that the plot hasn't really moved forward for the first three episodes, but I think things are shifting now. Or at least I hope so. But I still want more sitcom shenanigans.