Page 1 of 283 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Wandavision

Thought I’d make a thread for the new MCU show on Disney+ right now.

Enjoyed the first 2 episodes. Can’t wait to see what comes next. A part of me thinks this series might have been being released all in one for us to binge.

Just finished both episodes, wow, so it's like actually just a sitcom show. Theres hints at a lot of screwy things under the surface, but for most of it, just an old sitcom throwback. Was kinda expecting House of M meets Tom
    King's Vision.
    Think you might be right about how it should have realesed the whole show at once. Because right now I'm kinda like "that's it!?"

Extraordinary Member

I also think it would have been better off being released all at once, because I worry people aren't going to come back if they think this is all going to be nothing but sitcom parodies.

However, Disney feels, and they're probably right, that a show gets more buzz when it's released weekly, instead of having everyone talk about it for one or two weeks like happens for a lot of Netflix shows.

It’s an interesting departure from the typical MCU flare. I just love all the throwbacks to classic sitcoms. I can’t wait to see the throwbacks to sitcoms of the 80s and 90s since those are the ones I grew up on.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Just finished both episodes, wow, so it's like actually just a sitcom show. Theres hints at a lot of screwy things under the surface, but for most of it, just an old sitcom throwback. Was kinda expecting House of M meets Tom
    King's Vision.
    Think you might be right about how it should have realesed the whole show at once. Because right now I'm kinda like "that's it!?"
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I also think it would have been better off being released all at once, because I worry people aren't going to come back if they think this is all going to be nothing but sitcom parodies.

However, Disney feels, and they're probably right, that a show gets more buzz when it's released weekly, instead of having everyone talk about it for one or two weeks like happens for a lot of Netflix shows.
    I think that too is what Disney is banking on, that with each episode per week will bring hype and focus for each episode more individualy and this format works best for this show cause it is more of an uneasy mystery around the whole sitcom life that is seemingly breaking down a little more each episode but by bit. If you released it all at once the hype or build up that you get from the net thinking over each episode would pass to soon and it might loss its flare for what is revealed the next episode.

This is a formula that worked well with The Mandilorian and why yes that is a other kind of show, still leaving fans to water cooler gossip over and pick apart each episode by themselves waiting for the next just made the show much better.

So yea when this is it be a great show to bing watch, but for making 1st time impressions on fans it stays with the public longer each episode with a weekly traditional format.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I have never watched a sitcom in my life.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Thought I’d make a thread for the new MCU show on Disney+ right now.

Enjoyed the first 2 episodes. Can’t wait to see what comes next. A part of me thinks this series might have been being released all in one for us to binge.
    I actually think it would of been a mistake to drop the whole series at once (not everyone has time to binge watch after all) and this approach works. I like that its different from standard MCU stuff.

Not being as formulaic as the rest of the MCU is no bad thing and the first 2 episodes are excellent (there's also a lot there to unpack so only watching once may well not be enough)

Just my opinion.

I enjoyed it. Looking forward to episode three.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

how many episodes will this show have?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    how many episodes will this show have?
    9 All Toegher!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I might be in the minority, but it was sooo boring.

I can already see the cogs behind the scenes, they are only using bookends to move the proper MCU forward because they know they can't make real changes in a TV show because that's reserved for the movies.

It reeks of what happened to Agents of SHIELD.

I may be wrong and the final episodes can be on par with the MCU but these first two episodes were so grating and inconsequential.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I might be in the minority, but it was sooo boring.

I can already see the cogs behind the scenes, they are only using bookends to move the proper MCU forward because they know they can't make real changes in a TV show because that's reserved for the movies.

It reeks of what happened to Agents of SHIELD.

I may be wrong and the final episodes can be on par with the MCU but these first two episodes were so grating and inconsequential.
    Agents of Shield was fire easily the best Marvel Show in years.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Agents of Shield was fire easily the best Marvel Show in years.
    I agree, but it had no real consequence to the MCU.

Taken as a stand alone it was amazing (except the first season)

Honestly I didn't like it at all. I was bored out of my mind watching these 2 episodes. Not gonna drop the show but honestly at this point I'm just sticking around for Monica Rambeau.

So far this seems to be a show you really have to wait as a whole to really get a feel for it, based on what has been presented this is definitely a show that would have benefitted from all episodes being released at once. I am going to wait until they are all released because i am into episode two and i am only holding on because i feel i know what they are going for but i wish if they were going to do a old fashioned sitcom sort of setting they would have went for more of a realistically acted one as opposed to what feels like an over the top mockery or commentary with no comments. Some of the actors though i feel do that perfectly and bring it to a real world feel but sadly the main actors are over the top. I mean i get it, but it's not working for me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/