Page 105 of 283 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

I found a quote that somewhat shares my pessimistic view about how the series will end. I agree with what gurkle and lucyinthesky said earlier. The show introduced too many things during the series and is taking WAY too long to answer them. And I agree with what Drops of Venus said earlier too. This shouldn't have been a problem, but Disney/Marvel Studios didn't give WandaVision's writers enough time to deal with them in a satisfactory manner. I might joke about how ridiculous the long credit sequences are, but I DO feel somewhat deceived by Disney's advertising that these were gonna be six hour movies. They're four and a half hour movies. WandaVision should be talking about the ups and downs of Wanda's and Vision's relationship, bringing up their kids, Wanda dealing with the REAL Pietro's death, and how Agatha transforms Wanda into the Scarlet Witch. All this other stuff this series is focusing on just doesn't interest me at ALL. It might if there was more time to explore them in a meaningful way, but there isn't. And I'm not sure if WandaVision can stick the landing. I really REALLY want it to, but I'm not holding my breath. And this series has been so good and interesting, I'm worried that the ending will be anti-climatic (for me). Because they will be talking about a lot of **** that I don't give a **** about.

spoilers:
    We're going into the third act of a superhero story and I fully expect it to be very "third act," which is to say, underwhelming and shallow. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm going in with the expectation I'll be disappointed. The argument at the end of episode 5 is likely going to be the high water mark for character drama in the show. And that's my fear. I want that Episode 5 argument to be representative of what this show really cares about in its finale, as with that Wanda vs. Monica bit where she's coming to terms with how far she's fallen by submitting to this delusion.

But I'm instead expecting two episodes of "well we gotta explain Agatha, we gotta explain the Hex/Nexus, we gotta explain Nightmare/Mephisto, we gotta explain SWORD, we gotta explain the kids, we gotta explain Quicksilver..."

Like yeah, they should explain that stuff, but really, that's not the resolution I need to make this ending feel cathartic. The Modern Family/talking head sitcom should have been the perfect opportunity to make Wanda really face herself, or to be trapped with the reality of her choices. But instead it was a holding pattern of her going "huh..." while staring at the wallpaper, with only a tiny moment with "the interviewer." Episode 5 remains the high watermark for what this show's framework can do, and the conversation it wants to have between a formulaic existence in a 20 minute sitcom episode and the complications of real life and relationships. That those complications can't be brushed aside once the credits roll.

This show and the format of TV allows them to cash bigger cheques with their characters, but they have to actually follow through with that."
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-22-2021 at 05:46 PM.

A new still from WandaVision

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    A new still from WandaVision

I'm sorry but honestly Wanda almost killed Thanos who the **** is an old broad named Agatha an old hag with an old ass name, in comparison if she don't get off her ass and eviscerate this hag after she's done with whatever monologuing she has planned I will no longer acknowledge her.

Their fight should end like this

Their fight should end like this

I'd like for them to avoid that bs and just have it so Agatha either read from the pages of the Darkhold, is this universe's Modred or is possessed by Chthon. The whole having Wanda murder in a fit of madness was garbage.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I'm sorry but honestly Wanda almost killed Thanos who the **** is an old broad named Agatha an old hag with an old ass name, in comparison if she don't get off her ass and eviscerate this hag after she's done with whatever monologuing she has planned I will no longer acknowledge her.
    Agatha is a very strong witch though. Was definitely so in the books. It's very believable if respectable to her lore. Also consider she might be powered up as well.

I know that comic was sh!t i'm just saying that MCU Wanda should beat this Agatha (i know she's her friend and mentor but Marvel might chance this) but to be fair we don't know how strong MCU Agatha is

I still have a feeling that Agatha will show Wanda her history or flashbacks about the salem stuff, how got her powers with the mind stone and also how she met Agatha and how the HEX started

I know that comic was sh!t i'm just saying that MCU Wanda should beat this Agatha (i know she's her friend and mentor but Marvel might chance this) but to be fair we don't know how strong MCU Agatha is

I still have a feeling that Agatha will show Wanda her history or flashbacks about the salem stuff, how got her powers with the mind stone and also how she met Agatha and how the HEX started
    I don't want her to beat Agatha or kill her but free her from something. Wanda losing her mentor either way would not be good.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I get the feeling but this is an entirely different situation here for Various Reaons;

1.) Wanda is honestly at her most weakest we have ever seen her in the MCU, after the expanding the Hex in episode 6 she is clearly weaker, more tired and is under allot more stress and uncertain about nearly Everything in her life right now. She has in her mind lost her husband's trust, her Brother is not her Brother and she can't understand where he came from and now her Children are missing. She is approachind a Rock Bottom state and when anyone is like that no matter how strong you have been before, you can't hope to muster the power cause of all these factors.

2.) Wanda while she was indeed greiving in Endgame she was completely in Rage and Vengence mode, to Avenge her murdered husband. She went Super Saiyan in this Regards and let her Angry fully full her Attack, her anger made her clearminded with one goal on killing Thanos with not uncertainy in her mind, clearly a 180 where she is by the end of episode 7.

3.) Thanos with how powerful he truly is and dangerous, he is just a Power Fighter based in Physical Attacks and Strenght mostly. Wanda's powers driven by her rage clearly where his achilles heel to that which when she gain the advantage left him totally at her power.

4.) Agatha is more of a MindGames fighter with powers that are showing Mental Control and Manipulation over Wanda, so it is a fight against not only someone simliar to herself, but is very much well more trained and expriened in using such powers. Ontop of that she Wanda has been broken down bit by bit to her weakest state and when you have such a power user that can effect you mind and magic, you really might as well have no phycial control over anything.

5.) Finally and Most Important, this is AGATHA! We Don't Want Wanda to Waste her, we Want that Teacher and Student Relationship from the Comics!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I get the feeling but this is an entirely different situation here for Various Reaons;

1.) Wanda is honestly at her most weakest we have ever seen her in the MCU, after the expanding the Hex in episode 6 she is clearly weaker, more tired and is under allot more stress and uncertain about nearly Everything in her life right now. She has in her mind lost her husband's trust, her Brother is not her Brother and she can't understand where he came from and now her Children are missing. She is approachind a Rock Bottom state and when anyone is like that no matter how strong you have been before, you can't hope to muster the power cause of all these factors.

2.) Wanda while she was indeed greiving in Endgame she was completely in Rage and Vengence mode, to Avenge her murdered husband. She went Super Saiyan in this Regards and let her Angry fully full her Attack, her anger made her clearminded with one goal on killing Thanos with not uncertainy in her mind, clearly a 180 where she is by the end of episode 7.

3.) Thanos with how powerful he truly is and dangerous, he is just a Power Fighter based in Physical Attacks and Strenght mostly. Wanda's powers driven by her rage clearly where his achilles heel to that which when she gain the advantage left him totally at her power.

4.) Agatha is more of a MindGames fighter with powers that are showing Mental Control and Manipulation over Wanda, so it is a fight against not only someone simliar to herself, but is very much well more trained and expriened in using such powers. Ontop of that she Wanda has been broken down bit by bit to her weakest state and when you have such a power user that can effect you mind and magic, you really might as well have no phycial control over anything.

5.) Finally and Most Important, this is AGATHA! We Don't Want Wanda to Waste her, we Want that Teacher and Student Relationship from the Comics!
    But the problem is that WandaVision made no effort to establish Agatha as Wanda's magical teacher. I think it's WAY too late for her to mentor Wanda now in WandaVision. They already took a VERY long time to establish Agatha as a "villain". It'll be up to Doctor Strange to do that in HIS movie. If Agatha survives this show, I don't see her teaching Wanda magic in the Multiverse of Madness either, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-22-2021 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    But the problem is that WandaVision made no effort to establish Agatha as Wanda's magical teacher. I think it's WAY too late for her to mentor Wanda now in WandaVision. They already took a VERY long time to establish Agatha as a "villain". It'll be up to Doctor Strange to do that in HIS movie. If Agatha survives this show, I don't see her teaching Wanda magic in the Multiverse of Madness either, unfortunately.
    I think one of the Main constants of this show is how we have all and critics at large have underestimated it. How it uses its time and how it works it story in. We can talk about how much this is needed or that for time, but honest IMO it is not how much time you have to use but the quality you put into the time you are given.

The show has proven at many points to give such quality of time in just a few short sentences then mins worth of a scene tries to give to an audience into some other projects.

I honeslty have given my trust to the showrunners that they have proven they know what they are doing. If Agatha does not become the teacher, we will see why that is.

But for time they are getting longer, but still it is the use of that time that counts and this show like how classic golden age movies where as I have seen, do more in telling a story in 5 mins then most modern movies did in 30 mins.

This show has earned that respect IMO and we should give it our trust that they know what they are doing and what they needed to tell the story.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I’m still obsessed with Agatha All Along. I’ve listened to trap and rock remixes. Watched the memes. It’s truly insidious.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I’m still obsessed with Agatha All Along. I’ve listened to trap and rock remixes. Watched the memes. It’s truly insidious.
    IKR, not only the show, but this Song has truly become a Phenomenon in its own Right!

It is Truly lovely to see so many people positively onboard with Loving the creation and experiancing the WandaVerse!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I think one of the Main constants of this show is how we have all and critics at large have underestimated it. How it uses its time and how it works it story in. We can talk about how much this is needed or that for time, but honest IMO it is not how much time you have to use but the quality you put into the time you are given.

The show has proven at many points to give such quality of time in just a few short sentences then mins worth of a scene tries to give to an audience into some other projects.

I honeslty have given my trust to the showrunners that they have proven they know what they are doing. If Agatha does not become the teacher, we will see why that is.

But for time they are getting longer, but still it is the use of that time that counts and this show like how classic golden age movies where as I have seen, do more in telling a story in 5 mins then most modern movies did in 30 mins.

This show has earned that respect IMO and we should give it our trust that they know what they are doing and what they needed to tell the story.
    Well, you certainly have much more optimism than I do. I REALLY hope it's well-earned. I'm a little bit concerned the show has SO much ground to cover in the last two episodes. To me, the reconciliation between Wanda and Vision is the most important. I hope the most time is allotted for that. But we also have to deal with the twins, Agatha, Quicksilver, the Nexus, Mephisto/Nightmare, and SWORD too! That's why I'm hoping that WandaVision cuts down on the credits. If they can stick the landing, I'll be TRULY impressed. The show's been GREAT thus far, but SO many things have yet to be addressed! Whatever happens, Wanda needs to be with her family again...And fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Well, you certainly have much more optimism than I do. I REALLY hope it's well-earned. I'm a little bit concerned the show has SO much ground to cover in the last two episodes. To me, the reconciliation between Wanda and Vision is the most important. I hope the most time is allotted for that. But we also have to deal with the twins, Agatha, Quicksilver, the Nexus, Mephisto/Nightmare, and SWORD too! That's why I'm hoping that WandaVision cuts down on the credits. If they can stick the landing, I'll be TRULY impressed. The show's been GREAT thus far, but SO many things have yet to be addressed! Whatever happens, Wanda needs to be with her family again...And fast.
    It's really not a lot of ground. I think you may be blowing things out of proportion in regrads to how they will or won't be able to clear up the big and small things. The ppl beyond the show wouldn't have been hired if they didn't know how to explain and deal with the larger stakes in the alloated pre/post - production time they had. Ceraintly it will be curious to see what will be handled within the show and what will linger on in some form into other shows and movies (Doctor Strange 2). IMO there's little to no real legitimate reason to be this pessimistic with two episodes (or three?) left that they won't address the Twins disppearing, Agatha, Quicksliver, Nightmare, and S.W.O.R.D plot elements. To me it's less about if they will be expanded on and more about the importance of them to the show itself and what's set-up. Like withe the aforementioned Nexus thing; it's more a reference to the multi-verse and her mental state "because the world doesn't revolve around you. Or does it ?".

Wanda and Vision will have their moment but at the end of the day, the show is about Wanda being unable to deal with all the loneliness, pain, death. To go along with herself an others having to face her growing powerset. So Wanda being with her family again, may be what you want but that doesn't mean that will be the end result. Because i don't think this show will be about that. It's about her facing reality to varying degrees.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 02-22-2021 at 09:26 PM.