Page 109 of 283 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    You are telling two characters, who are both going through processing the death of loved ones/ the grieving process, to smile? I don’t think it’s a decent take to go with. No one ever tells Cap to smile when he’s grieving. Same with Clint and him murdering mob guys while hes missing his family. So why do people try it on Wanda and Monica?
    But Cap was smiling and joking in Endgame! So was Ant-Man. And both lost people they loved (or so they thought) in the previous Avengers movie. I distinctly remember them both quipping about Captain America's "ass" a LOT in that movie. And Clint was smiling and joking with Natasha when they went back to Vormir and this was AFTER his family disappeared in the Snap. The surviving Avengers seemed pretty chill about him murdering a bunch of dudes too. And let's not forget Korg "consoling" Thor after the destruction of Asgard: “The damage is not too bad. As long as the foundations are still strong, we can rebuild this place. It will become a haven for all peoples and aliens of the universe.” But just then, the ruins of Asgard explode and Korg adds, “Oof. Now, those foundations are gone. Sorry.” Thor seemed pretty chill about that too. So the MCU has set precedent by using levity to deal with trauma. Wanda's definitely using humor to deal with her emotional problems (Episode 7). Monica is not.

One thing I've never liked about the movies is too much Bathos. Do not mind at all that the TV shows are not as Bathos heavy.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    A new WandaVision still, y'all i think Agatha ins't that bad, i hope she becomes her friend and mentor!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Me too.

Even though the sitcom parodies are over, I hope they find some way to work the TV theme into this episode, maybe as a "clip show" or a "This is Your Life" kind of thing where Agatha shows Wanda her past.
    Indeed this makes me hopefully for Agatha on several levels but Very Much even more;

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't find childishness that endearing. Some jokes are fine, but it got too much to a point. And some jokes are very awkward in times where things are very serious. Like people getting snapped. Not saying that some women shouldn't be able to joke. But some have. They just aren't known for it. But they are getting She-Hulk soon. She'll fit the bill you want.
    I still firmly believe that without the humor, the MCU would be finished. It's the fun and light-hearted nature that sets the MCU apart from other franchises. And I think those franchises will soon start emulating the MCU's success. Like Star Wars, Mission Impossible, James Bond, Doctor Who, Star Trek, the Walking Dead and the DCEU will probably all start getting "quippy" soon too. And yes, I'm looking forward to She-Hulk's humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    A new WandaVision still, y'all i think Agatha ins't that bad, i hope she becomes her friend and mentor!

I DOUBT she's EVIL. Maybe cynical and self-serving, but not BAD. The way the show made her out to be a "villain" was too humorous and convenient in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I still firmly believe that without the humor, the MCU would be finished. It's the fun and light-hearted nature that sets the MCU apart from other franchises. And I think those franchises will soon start emulating the MCU's success. Like Star Wars, Mission Impossible, James Bond, Doctor Who, Star Trek, the Walking Dead and the DCEU will probably all start getting "quippy" soon too. And yes, I'm looking forward to She-Hulk's humor.
    I don't want every franchise to copy each other. That's boring. There's a lot that is good about the MCU, and reducing it down to the jokes does not do it justice. It's more serious moments and sad moments have resonated with people too. DCEU already tried the light-hearted quippy stuff and it hasn't worked as well. Led to some awkward moments in JL. People love Mando without all the humor that the MCU has.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    You are telling two characters, who are both going through processing the death of loved ones/ the grieving process, to smile? I don’t think it’s a decent take to go with. No one ever tells Cap to smile when he’s grieving. Same with Clint and him murdering mob guys while hes missing his family. So why do people try it on Wanda and Monica?
    Indeed and I think that is why this story is so beautiful is that it is taking a more deeper look at trauma and is way smarter about it in clever ways in the journeying threw it then some old cliches of just smile and be happy, with gimmicky lessons that feel like easy to eat junk food like we have gotten in the past.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    One thing I've never liked about the movies is too much Bathos. Do not mind at all that the TV shows are not as Bathos heavy.
    Yes, I'm still SHOCKED at how serious and dark WandaVision is. I was NOT expecting that. And MCU viewers seem totally fine with this abrupt tonal shift. The characters are telling jokes to be sure, but I don't consider WandaVision to be light-hearted and fun entertainment at all. Disney/Marvel Studios probably won't adopt this approach for their movies so I expect stuff like Thor 4 and Doctor Strange 2 to be a little bit more "palatable" to film audiences? I thought Disney Plus was gonna promote things like Star Wars, the Simpsons, National Geographic and the Muppet Show. Stuff that is PURE entertainment. WandaVision is NOT doing that at ALL. WandaVision has been quite bleak, somber and grim thus far. Not the all-out comedy I was expecting.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-23-2021 at 09:36 PM.

Yes, I'm still SHOCKED at how serious and dark WandaVision is. I was NOT expecting that. And MCU viewers seem totally fine with this abrupt tonal shift. The characters are telling jokes to be sure, but I don't consider WandaVision to be light-hearted and fun entertainment at all. Disney/Marvel Studios probably won't adopt this approach for their movies so I expect stuff like Thor 4 and Doctor Strange 2 to be a little bit more "palatable" to film audiences?
    With both Wanda and Vision being pretty serious characters and Wanda having a dark power origin, I did not expect it to be all fun. Wanda has always been a character that had a very hard life. I'm glad they are facing that head on and having her work through it. I don't count on Strange being light either. Especially if it's revealed Wanda wields a dark eldritch like power and more of that is in Strange. Which it could be with the synopsis being that an unspeakable evil is unleashed. They could be going further down that path. The title itself doesn't just lend to the multiverse but seems to be an homage to Lovecraft's A the Mountains of Madness.

I don't want every franchise to copy each other. That's boring. There's a lot that is good about the MCU, and reducing it down to the jokes does not do it justice. It's more serious moments and sad moments have resonated with people too. DCEU already tried the light-hearted quippy stuff and it hasn't worked as well. Led to some awkward moments in JL. People love Mando without all the humor that the MCU has.
    Yeah, the JL jokes were pretty cringey I must say. I haven't felt too sad watching MCU movies. There's just too many jokes in them for me to get emotional, you know? But that's what I like about it. It doesn't take itself too seriously at all. That's why I'm surprised at how BLEAK, GRIM and SOMBER WandaVision has gotten in the past couple of episodes. I'm like, what's going on? I thought we were supposed to be having fun? This constant talk about DEATH, commercials about anti-depressants and starvation. Showing Pietro's and Vision's corpses. Things are getting a little bit heavy for me in WandaVision, I have to say. This show is not backing off emotionally about ANYTHING! There's got to be a light at the end of this tunnel.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-23-2021 at 09:45 PM.

Yeah, the JL jokes were pretty cringey I must say. I haven't felt too sad watching MCU movies. There's just too many jokes in them for me to get emotional, you know? But that's what I like about it. It doesn't take itself too seriously at all. That's why I'm surprised at how BLEAK, GRIM and SOMBER WandaVision has gotten in the past couple of episodes. I'm like, what's going on? I thought we were supposed to be having fun? This constant talk about DEATH, commercials about anti-depressants and starvation. Showing Pietro's and Vision's corpses. Things are getting a little bit heavy for me in WandaVision, I have to say. This show is not backing off emotionally about ANYTHING! There's got to be a light at the end of this tunnel.
    I'm surprised you've stuck with Wanda this long then. Because her life has always been very grim and she's never had a happy ending. I wouldn't mind her finding happiness, but I think she'll work through her grief, then go on to help with magic threats.

And what's Feige and company's future game plan for the other Marvel TV shows? Is Armor Wars really going to deal with Rhodey's paralysis in a grim manner? Is She-Hulk gonna address Banner's abusive upbringing? Is Hawkeye going to be a show about how Clint deals with deafness and his actions in Japan? Is Falcon and the Winter Soldier going to attempt to discuss racism in America and how the Winter Soldier must address his past as a killer? Are they gonna talk about Moon Knight's mental issues? I mean, it even looks like Black Widow (the movie) is addressing Natasha's "ledger". All of this **** is pretty dark. Doesn't Marvel Studios realize that going this darker route is dangerous? Audiences want to go see Marvel movies and shows to have a good time. Not for this grimdark stuff!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-23-2021 at 10:02 PM.

And what's Feige and company's future game plan for the other Marvel TV shows? Is Armor Wars really going to deal with Rhodey's paralysis in a grim manner? Is She-Hulk gonna address Banner's abusive upbringing? Is Hawkeye going to be a show about how Clint deals with deafness and his actions in Japan? Is Falcon and the Winter Soldier going to attempt to discuss racism in America and how the Winter Soldier must address his past as a killer? Are they gonna talk about Moon Knight's mental issues? I mean, it even looks like Black Widow (the movie) is addressing Natasha's "ledger". All of this **** is pretty dark. Doesn't Marvel Studios realize that going this darker route is dangerous? Audiences want to go see Marvel movies and shows to have a good time. Not for this grimdark stuff!
    Some might not want to see the more serious side of heroes but so far the majority have not had the problem with this. Clint has already gone pretty dark. And guaranteed some of Natasha's origin will be. I think they are here for everything these characters have to offer and want to know more about them. People also liked Watchmen recently and it's not light fare by far.

I'm surprised you've stuck with Wanda this long then. Because her life has always been very grim and she's never had a happy ending. I wouldn't mind her finding happiness, but I think she'll work through her grief, then go on to help with magic threats.
    I've stuck with Wanda because Disney Plus promoted this series as a romance, drama, mystery superhero show. It says so on their website. Wanda and Vision raising their kids, hanging out with Pietro (the MCU one), Wanda getting trained by Agatha in magic. Nothing that serious. Now we're getting into the weeds about moral ambiguity, mental illness, marital estrangement, and the painful consequences of the Snap. I'm like, you gotta be shitting me with this stuff. This is crazy. And viewers are...Loving it? I mean, am I the only fella who didn't see this coming? I can't be!

I've stuck with Wanda because Disney Plus promoted this series as a romance, drama, mystery superhero show. It says so on their website. Wanda and Vision raising their kids, hanging out with Pietro (the MCU one), Wanda getting trained by Agatha in magic. Nothing that serious. Now we're getting into the weeds about moral ambiguity, mental illness, marital estrangement, and the painful consequences of the Snap. I'm like, you gotta be shitting me with this stuff. This is crazy. And viewers are...Loving it? I mean, am I the only fella who didn't see this coming? I can't be!
    I mean the character entirely.