Page 114 of 283 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    So I have a COUPle of fans where I work. One is positive that the big cameo is either Stewart as Prof X

or Fassbender as Magneto.

I told him I didn't think so but he is so sure. He is 20.
    Interesting. Do people on these threads REALLY think Stewart is more well-known as Professor X? I thought for sure more people would association him with Captain Picard! I love Stewart because he introduced me to Star Trek, not to the X-Men. And on an unrelated note, women were called "broads" on TNG once (LOL!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtzTouSJJ_0

I like Ralph Fiennes because there is already a character named Ralph on the show.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think it's more highly likely that there is a big celeb playing whomever is attached to the creepy book. Whether it be the druid tome, the necronomicon or the darkhold.
    Yeah. A lot of people are equating the big cameo with a big character, but that was never said. Paul has been hyping up the ACTOR, not necessarily the character themself. People shouldn't be getting their hopes up just in case.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I feel safe in predicting that if Wanda and Vision get another series it won't be called "WandaVision." It's too specific to this premise.

A lot of the other Disney+ series have titles that can support multiple seasons. But "WandaVision" and "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier" are both aiming to give more development to characters who didn't have enough to do in the movies, and going forward, Wanda will be the Scarlet Witch, and the Falcon is very likely to be Captain America.

One thing I admire about Feige is that he used his first two streaming series to make stars out of characters like Wanda and Sam who had not been given all that much to do in the movies. He could have started with a breakout character like Loki or an all-new series with a bigger-name actor. But instead we're now seeing that Wanda and Vision are becoming household names, and the same may happen for Sam and Bucky.
    I really like this post Gurkle cause it is really the most beautiful thing about the MCU TV series right now, the MCU and Fiege as you said giving characters that only got at be mondiest time in the movies now their own Series allowing them to breakaway from the bigger casts and at those moments the bigger stars to now make bigger and better stars of themselves and so far with how WandaVision is turning out and the True Hype for Falcon and Winter Soldier, that is so far proving to be a VERY ENRICHING Gamble that is Paying off Bigtime for Marvel and Disney like honestly I have never seen it before.

Yea the movies are big, but WandaVision has become no less that a society phenomenon!

It shows when you allow Actors to branch off and do their own things with their own characters and crew focus only around them that with the right team, Magic on a Massively postive Scale Happens!

When I hear a term like "Wanda and Vision becoming HouseHold Names" and your point being nearly undeniably true, it Makes Any Wanda or Vision longtime fan Heart Melt with Joy and just unimaginable we have gotten here with these characters we have loved for all these years...............But we have!

The World just speaking of Wanda and Fandom for her is going to look like a whole new place then we knew before, if these End on a Postive note with Wanda(By all that has been given to us up to now that is Very Likely to happen), We are on the Brink of Wanda being one of the most well known, thought over, sympathies with and beloved Female Heroes in the World Know!

That is Incredible and it is thanks to the Feige taking to Majorly Paying off Beat on Her and Fans around the world ralling around her since Endgame by how well recieved she has been since then.

Wanda indeed is becoming a figurehead of the MCU, Indeed What Amazing times we are living in, an Amazing Age to be a Wanda Fan!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Loving this show. Every week there's something exciting and can't wait how it moves Phase 4 forward. Some thoughts and theories.

* People in Westview Hex like the Hart's are entranced, their DNA is not affected by being inside the town unlike Darcy and SWORD agents.

* Bee-Keeper is probably Eric Williams who is trying to kill his brother Simon, who is in the FBI/Woo Witness Protection Plan. The Grim Reaper's Helmet appeared same episode. Agatha is keeping him hostage.

* Simon Williams was hired by Hayward to get the Vision running and decided to help Wanda escape instead and relocate to Westview.

* Agatha acting like she's worried about the boys and what she's doing is not affecting them so she put something in their sandwiches and Tommy is the cicada on the curtain and Billy is the rabbit
    in the cage, more brown in the face. The rabbit is different when Billy is carrying him, more white in the face.

* Still think the mailman is Agatha's real cat Ebony.

* The Rover was created after Monica returned from being ejected by Wanda in EP4. It arrived after Wanda reinforced the original tv hex shield with her red powers so the Rover didn't work since the SPECS they specified is no longer applicable.

* Monica was able to go thru hex wall cuz she's not hostile and perhaps her body also acknowledges the radiation already in her cells. Once she jumps out or when her new powers are being activated, it makes some sort of energy/electrical sound.

* Hope the Aero Eng is different than the cameo. Hope Aero Eng is RiRi Williams ( another Williams or related to Simon & Eric in some way) and cameo is Uatu the Watcher.

* Nexus - once Kang was announced I was hoping his alter would also..I hope he is involved but I think the big bad is Immortus. I heard the TVA is involved in LOKI so why not Immy here to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Interesting. Do people on these threads REALLY think Stewart is more well-known as Professor X? I thought for sure more people would association him with Captain Picard! I love Stewart because he introduced me to Star Trek, not to the X-Men. And on an unrelated note, women were called "broads" on TNG once (LOL!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtzTouSJJ_0

I like Ralph Fiennes because there is already a character named Ralph on the show.
    Oh I think it is obvious there is room for him to be just as well known for being Picard as Professor X.

Would I be able to get you to reproduce the source for 'broads' ? I know there was a blooper from the original; I've seen it but it was not on the show; edited as a blooper. 'Scotty, beam me a broad". not 'beam me aboard'. Is that what you're referring to. Sources please.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by EMPulse View Post
    Loving this show. Every week there's something exciting and can't wait how it moves Phase 4 forward. Some thoughts and theories.

* People in Westview Hex like the Hart's are entranced, their DNA is not affected by being inside the town unlike Darcy and SWORD agents.

* Bee-Keeper is probably Eric Williams who is trying to kill his brother Simon, who is in the FBI/Woo Witness Protection Plan. The Grim Reaper's Helmet appeared same episode. Agatha is keeping him hostage.

* Simon Williams was hired by Hayward to get the Vision running and decided to help Wanda escape instead and relocate to Westview.

* Agatha acting like she's worried about the boys and what she's doing is not affecting them so she put something in their sandwiches and Tommy is the cicada on the curtain and Billy is the rabbit
    in the cage, more brown in the face. The rabbit is different when Billy is carrying him, more white in the face.

* Still think the mailman is Agatha's real cat Ebony.

* The Rover was created after Monica returned from being ejected by Wanda in EP4. It arrived after Wanda reinforced the original tv hex shield with her red powers so the Rover didn't work since the SPECS they specified is no longer applicable.

* Monica was able to go thru hex wall cuz she's not hostile and perhaps her body also acknowledges the radiation already in her cells. Once she jumps out or when her new powers are being activated, it makes some sort of energy/electrical sound.

* Hope the Aero Eng is different than the cameo. Hope Aero Eng is RiRi Williams ( another Williams or related to Simon & Eric in some way) and cameo is Uatu the Watcher.

* Nexus - once Kang was announced I was hoping his alter would also..I hope he is involved but I think the big bad is Immortus. I heard the TVA is involved in LOKI so why not Immy here to start.
    These ideas have resonance to me.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I can't help but question Agatha's intentions with the twins cause she does things that seem unnecessary what was the point of getting them all comfy, and even keeping up that charade with the sitcom "Cuckoo for cocoa puffs" line if she was in charge of the confessionals it just doesn't make sense why keep up with the charade at that point?

WandaVision was unmatched in U.S. popularity by other titles across major video streaming platforms in January. The series had an indexed audience size figure of 8,127, meaning it was nearly 81.3 times more viewed than the average title TVision measured across SVOD platforms.

Variety reports: https://variety.com/vip/wandavision-...ts-1234913691/

Oh I think it is obvious there is room for him to be just as well known for being Picard as Professor X.

Would I be able to get you to reproduce the source for 'broads' ? I know there was a blooper from the original; I've seen it but it was not on the show; edited as a blooper. 'Scotty, beam me a broad". not 'beam me aboard'. Is that what you're referring to. Sources please.
    Yeah, I've heard about that! But I haven't been able to find it. I could totally picture somebody saying that in TOS though. The video I just posted showed a cop calling Dr. Crusher a broad at the beginning and she seemed pleased. Stewart will always be Picard to me and not Professor X.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    WandaVision was unmatched in U.S. popularity by other titles across major video streaming platforms in January. The series had an indexed audience size figure of 8,127, meaning it was nearly 81.3 times more viewed than the average title TVision measured across SVOD platforms.

I'm a little surprised by this. I knew the show got off to a strong start last month, but I had believed it only truly picked up steam in February. Very interesting!

These ideas have resonance to me.
    I think the time to introduce multiple new characters in WandaVision is over. They have to flesh out the ones that already have been and there's not much time left. At this point, WandaVision has got to get SIMPLER, not more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

Disney stock has also been surging since WandaVision came on.

The New York Times discusses WandaVision:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/25/a...-pandemic.html

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, I've heard about that! But I haven't been able to find it. I could totally picture somebody saying that in TOS though. The video I just posted showed a cop calling Dr. Crusher a broad at the beginning and she seemed pleased. Stewart will always be Picard to me and not Professor X.
    Stewart is Picard and Prof X to me, totally. He is also. That guy in the Uber/Door dash commercial.

I guess yo are saying that the younger actor whose name I can't remember is your / best Prof X? Fair.
    ~ Oberon ~

Stewart is Picard and Prof X to me, totally. He is also. That guy in the Uber/Door dash commercial.

I guess yo are saying that the younger actor whose name I can't remember is your / best Prof X? Fair.
    LOL@the Uber reference. For me, I never watched the overwhelming majority of the Fox mutant films! So I have no "definitive" Professor X in my mind. I was more of an Avengers guy than an X-Men person. I understood the importance of mutants being allegories for various forms of discrimination, but I thought that just made them less fun? The Avengers weren't about making social change. So I gravitated towards them. Like Wanda and Pietro in the Avengers barely mentioned mutant struggles in their stories and I was fine with that. I didn't know that would change MASSIVELY fifteen years ago or so. I was also surprised to learn so many classic Avengers that I knew and loved back in the day are now no longer actually Avengers! And many of them were C-list characters like Wanda and Vision and would have a tough time surviving outside of that group in the comic books. I'm glad the MCU is bringing back those classic line-ups (for the most part).