Page 26 of 283 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

I mean, when the series is all finished, it'll all be there to binge if you prefer it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I mean, when the series is all finished, it'll all be there to binge if you prefer it that way.
    Exactly this.

Dissatisfied with Pacing? Frustrated by weekly release? Then WAIT.
    That's the option. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Exactly this.

Dissatisfied with Pacing? Frustrated by weekly release? Then WAIT.
    That's the option. lol
    Isn't it great we're talking about pacing regarding a Marvel project? It's something I've always been passionate about in storytelling. I think good pacing can make books, movies/shows and even songs better. The opposite affect can happen when the pacing is bad. I'm glad people are paying attention to it now in the MCU. Good pacing is when you’re engaged in the story. Bad pacing is when you are bored because the movie/show is moving to slowly to hold your interest or too quickly for you to be invested. The MCU has done a good job of pacing in the past. I have some concerns with the current pacing of WandaVision, but I'm willing to overlook them if the show does a great tribute to Designing Women in the 80s portion of the series!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-27-2021 at 12:25 PM.

Unfortunately for this show, Covid impacted how it was released. And it's not like nothing is happening. They just usually don't know what any of it means because they aren't familiar with the character. Their option is to wait. It'll be done in March. That's not that long of a wait. I waited longer to have necessary surgery. These people are spoiled.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Unfortunately for this show, Covid impacted how it was released. And it's not like nothing is happening. They just usually don't know what any of it means because they aren't familiar with the character. Their option is to wait. It'll be done in March. That's not that long of a wait. I waited longer to have necessary surgery. These people are spoiled.
    And watch a six-hour movie? No thanks! I don't have the stamina for that. Although I can make it through Lawrence of Arabia no problem. I think Disney was right to air each episode on a weekly basis. Although I wish each episode was longer. I liked it the way Star Trek did it back in the 90s. As somebody on another forum I lurk on stated:

"I think for a lot of people it really just boils down to an aversion to slower pacing. It certainly "feels" like slower paced shows have a harder time gaining major popularity now as opposed to say, 20 years ago and I think that gets harder when it comes to IP that are expected to be more action oriented. People don't tend to expect, or in some cases want, their superhero IPs to have a focus on character work over a constantly moving plot with a good amount of action. I feel like it's understandable though I do lament that more people aren't willing to give it a chance."

I just hope people watching WandaVision hang in there for just a bit longer. I do believe some interesting things will be happening soon that will advance the plot. I also lament that some viewers want to throw in the towel. We're still only in the second quarter!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-27-2021 at 02:10 PM.

Uh, nine 30 minute episodes is only four and a half hours, not six.

Since when is Vision a speedster?
    https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-visi...eed-abilities/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

And since WandaVision has been compared with the Mandalorian, I dug up some interesting quotes comparing the two:

One quote:

"The Mandalorian has been incredibly popular and its pacing is glacial. Although maybe the difference there is that although the moment to moment pacing is slow & most episodes feel like they have little to no effect on the overarching storyline, there's usually an action scene or two in each episode."

Second quote:

"That's a good point but I feel like The Mandalorian has some caveats as it has elements to its framing that made it almost certain to do well with sections of the fanbase. Like the fervor over Boba Fett/Bounty Hunters in general. Still I've seen complaints about its "pacing" and people saying that its reputation is overblown because "nothing happens."

Third quote:

"Every episode of the Mandalorian has had a few references to other Star Wars media, a cameo and something recognizable from the OT plus an action scene or two. Plus baby Yoda doing something cute."

Fourth quote:

"That and Mandalorian looks like what people expect from live action Star Wars. So far Wandavision doesn't look like the MCU but like an old TV show. Mandalorian has plenty of people complaining in the thread about the story not being pushed forward but the action probably satisfies most."

Fifth quote:

"Mandalorian's overall arc is glacial-- but nearly every episode is also a story unto itself. Quite different than WandaVision, where the weekly story is a very thin sitcom plot (which I enjoy! But it's not for everyone)."

So I'm starting to wonder if it's even FAIR to compare WandaVision with the Mandalorian now.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

I had heard Bettany and Mackie say their Disney Plus shows were like "six hour movies." I guess four hours is doable. But still longer than Lawrence of Arabia! Not by much though.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-27-2021 at 02:23 PM.

Extraordinary Member

WANDAVISION SHOOTS IN THE FALL, WILL BE 6 HOURS LONG, HAVE 1950S VIBE
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/wandav...ny-disney-plus

Wandavision has 6 hours.
    Some of the episodes will be 29–36 minutes and some will be more.

Extraordinary Member

WANDAVISION
    AVERAGE TOMATOMETER
    93%

AVERAGE AUDIENCE SCORE
    79%
    BEWITCHED: SEASON 1 (1964 - 1965)
    AVERAGE TOMATOMETER
    100%

AVERAGE AUDIENCE SCORE
    75%
    I DREAM OF JEANNIE: SEASON 1 (1965 - 1966)
    AVERAGE TOMATOMETER
    50%

AVERAGE AUDIENCE SCORE
    No Score Yet

Interesting.

Extraordinary Member

WandaVision

Release

WandaVision premiered on January 15, 2021, with the release of its first two episodes on Disney+.The other seven episodes are scheduled for release weekly until March 5. Marvel Studios considered releasing the entire season at once, but chose weekly releases after seeing the "fun of week-to-week" provided by the Disney+ Star Wars series The Mandalorian.

Feige said the episodes were built with the weekly release in mind, so the audience could "try to guess what happens next, to have a week speculating or rewatching and building that anticipation." He felt binge-watching the series after all the episodes were released would be an "equally fun experience".

The first two episodes were initially listed as "Episode 1" and "Episode 2" on Disney+, with their actual titled revealed a few days after their release. Hoai-Tran Bui at /Film originally assumed all the episodes would be untitled, and wondered if the titles were being withheld upon release to avoid spoilers despite not finding the first two titles to be particularly revealing.

Shakman said the series was able to premiere so soon after filming completed due to post-production work beginning during the series' COVID-19 production shutdown.[8]:34 Schaeffer felt the series was "suited to [being released during] this moment in time", amidst the pandemic, because it is a "reflection of a lot of the anxiety that we're feeling, and a lot of the pathos and chaos of [2020], so it feels very right to me".[8]:35 The series was originally announced as releasing in early 2021,before being moved forward to a December 2020 release in February 2020. It was then moved back to the early 2021 slot in November 2020. It is the first series in, and the start of, Phase Four of the MCU.

Last edited by mace11; 01-27-2021 at 02:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Here is another view from one of the reactions online.

WandaVision 1x02 "Don't Touch That Dial" Reaction
    SeeJaneGoTV

ilovecatweazle quote-
    So many folks these days really have no patience. There are also those who just aren't into the old styles of sitcoms. From the little I do know the show is only following the existing comic book story line. I'm warning peeps that this show is supposed to link up with the next Dr Srange movie somehow. So like it or loathe it you're gonna need to watch it if interested in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Here is another view from one of the reactions online.

WandaVision 1x02 "Don't Touch That Dial" Reaction
    SeeJaneGoTV

ilovecatweazle quote-
    I think SOME of the criticisms of the show are justified. But I do think a lot of critics need to chill the **** out. They're harsh comments are degenerating into pure hyperbole, and that's when I stop taking them seriously. For me, some of the jokes didn't land. But that's not because the show isn't funny. It's because old school sitcoms don't appeal to me all that much. Anything aired before 1980, I have less interest in because of the dated nature of the humor. But to say that the show is totally humorless is a sheer exaggeration. I did laugh out loud quite a few times in the first three episodes. Some folks just get their kicks stomping on a dream as Ol' Blue Eyes once famously said and those people seriously need to get a life. I'm enjoying the series much more than the comics themselves because live-action brings a different kind of energy to the stories they are adapting. I'm so proud Olsen finally has gotten a chance to shine (after years of living under the shadow of her famous older sisters). And I'm pleased that Bettany is at last getting to do something fun in the MCU. I'm glad that the series doesn't feel like a typical superhero project, because those were starting to get pretty formulaic. Hopefully Wanda, Vision and Quicksilver will benefit from WandaVision by way of the comic books. And they get to stay goofy and chill too. But they really should have just called WandaVision the Scarlet Witch Show. Vision is basically a supporting character. Not that I mind that arrangement, but I think it accurately reflects who is getting most of the attention in this MCU offering. As I've stated MANY times before, it's such a breath of fresh air to have the female half of a romantic duo in a superhero show be the dominant partner in that relationship. That's really unique. Although it does make Vision look weak sometimes.

They aren't all 30 minutes. They are supposed to increase in length as the show goes on. They confirmed that it's still six hours in it's entirety.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Mighty Member

He's not, either in the movies or the comics. That said, there are people close to Wanda who are...