Page 14 of 283 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

So silly question, I'm sure, but how many think that all the zany magic-y stuff
    spoilers:
    leading up to the birth
    end of spoilers
    was Wanda and how many think it was Billy? Or both? Because when she says
    spoilers:
    "Was that me?" When the butterfly mobile becomes real (also in a way not in line with the "70s magic" motif)
    end of spoilers
    makes me think it was Billy. But might just be me stanning my boy.
    Last edited by SonofScarlet; 01-23-2021 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScarlet View Post
    So silly question, I'm sure, but how many think that all the zany magic-y stuff
    spoilers:
    during the birth
    end of spoilers
    was Wanda and how many think it was Billy? Or both? Because when she says
    spoilers:
    "Was that me?" When the butterfly mobile becomes real (also in a way not in line with the 70s "magic" motif
    end of spoilers
    makes me think it was Billy. But might just be me stanning my boy.
    I think it's just that somethings are out of her control and somethings are in her control in this reality. And when she's distracted, things go haywire. Either she or something is controlling everything. Which is probably why Herb bugged out and started cutting the wall instead of the hedges. I don't think someone would do that on their own.

I don't know that Billy could do that from the womb, but you never know with his powers. It's either when she's feeling things (the water breaking, the butterflies) that her powers cause it, some other entity or it could be the babies. Typically in Marvel stories they show that people get their powers over time and not before birth. But we'll see.

Maybe he was in there waving his little digits around and that explains why she wasn't gesturing like usual when things happened. Nor was her power signature seen.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Loved Episode3 it helps to make sense and appreciate the first two chapters

Monica and Wanda seemed to get along well it looks like they probably worked together before on SWORD or maybe even the Avengers after Tony´s death.

My favourite part was spoilers:
    Wanda having the twins and the mention of Pietro and Wanda´s reaction to it, that´s the kind of reaction I expected from her for a long time it looks like she´s keeping a lot of anger bottled under the guise of her happy smile, I guess we will see more of that in the next chapters as well as SWORD
    end of spoilers

I loved the magic and I am really enjoying Vision and Wanda characterization there together but who knows how Vision is going to react once he discovers all it´s not like it seems

This looks like a mystery and horror story under the appareance of a cute romance and I could not be happier seeing this story by Wanda being so well developed
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-23-2021 at 08:44 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Good episode. Mixing slapstick stuff with drama. And lots of weird magic. I do think this is a kind of show that requires PATIENCE to watch. And I'm totally okay with that. Slow burns can lead to massive bonfires as I always say! I am glad that something "happened" in this episode, though. And I do think this series is attracting quite a few non-superhero fans as well (which Marvel Studios must be happy about):

https://www.thecut.com/2021/01/wanda...rvel-show.html

I do think this third episode didn't do a good a job of portraying what a 70s sitcom looked like. The first two episodes did a good job of representing the 50s and 60s, and I was hoping that would continue. But basically it was Wanda, Vision, Agnes et al acting like people act today in the 70s, which sort of disappointed me. Not enough All in the Family and the Bob Newhart Show for me.

From anecdotal information I've seen online, I think more women would be interested in a storyline like this one. But I am concerned the end of the show will result in a formulaic CGI-ridden epic battle full of witty banter that turns off all the new viewers the MCU has gained. I just hope Disney does it in a different way than before. I think Wonder Woman squaring off with Professor Lupin in that 2017 movie was lame as hell.

And I don't wanna brag, but the series did sort of pay tribute to the theme song for the Mary Tyler Moore Show which I predicted would happen months ago. Very surprising this show has gotten as dark as it has. It feels more like the 60s' series The Prisoner than a sitcom to me. I just think everybody in Westview is miserable despite the veneer of suburban tranquility. I want to see if my theory on just WHO Quicksilver really is will be correct. And that depends entirely on which actor portrays him in WandaVision.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-23-2021 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Good episode. Mixing slapstick stuff with drama. And lots of weird magic. I do think this is a kind of show that requires PATIENCE to watch. And I'm totally okay with that. Slow burns can lead to massive bonfires as I always say! I am glad that something "happened" in this episode, though. And I do think this series is attracting quite a few non-superhero fans as well (which Marvel Studios must be happy about):

https://www.thecut.com/2021/01/wanda...rvel-show.html

I do think this third episode didn't do a good a job of portraying what a 70s sitcom looked like. The first two episodes did a good job of representing the 50s and 60s, and I was hoping that would continue. But basically it was Wanda, Vision, Agnes et al acting like people act today in the 70s, which sort of disappointed me. Not enough All in the Family and the Bob Newhart Show for me.

From anecdotal information I've seen online, I think more women would be interested in a storyline like this one. But I am concerned the end of the show will result in a formulaic CGI-ridden epic battle full of witty banter that turns off all the new viewers the MCU has gained. I just hope Disney does it in a different way than before. I think Wonder Woman squaring off with Professor Lupin in that 2017 movie was lame as hell.

And I don't wanna brag, but the series did sort of pay tribute to the theme song for the Mary Tyler Moore Show which I predicted would happen months ago. Very surprising this show has gotten as dark as it has. It feels more like the 60s' series The Prisoner than a sitcom to me. I just think everybody in Westview is miserable despite the veneer of suburban tranquility. I want to see if my theory on just WHO Quicksilver really is will be correct. And that depends entirely on which actor portrays him in WandaVision.
    I think them not acting dated is on purpose though. Because it seems like this is a real neighborhood. So these seem to be modern people forced to play a role.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm very intrigued by Agnes because when Herb seems to start telling the truth to Vision, she stops him. It seems like she wants to keep Wanda in this reality?

In a way, it felt to me like she was helping Wanda. She draws suspicion towards Geraldine, who we know it's an outsider who's with SWORD and likely in there to try and take Wanda out and/or undo the whole thing. At the same time though, you'd think that people who care about Wanda would know it's for her own good that she leaves?
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think they are afraid of being tossed out. Wanda can't be helped if she can't be reached. Which is probably why they asked about Monica. Especially about her backstory. Because she can be easily figured out.

They all seem to be trying to play a role perfectly.
    I think Agnes is definitely trying to get buddy-buddy with Wanda but they also probably know they don't want to mess with how things are, because we saw what happened when Monica brought in reality into the mix.

I think them not acting dated is on purpose though. Because it seems like this is a real neighborhood. So these seem to be modern people forced to play a role.
    I just figured characters would be yelling "Right on" and "Groovy" throughout the episode. In the spirit of that era. But if the neighborhood is real, I guess modern people would be there. It was a strange episode. At the end I felt it was like one of those true crime tv shows (due to their creepy natures). Like I thought Dateline NBC's Keith Morrison would start interrogating Wanda in that distinct voice of his in the last couple of minutes or something. I'm glad Monica got a more prominent role this time, but I missed Agnes. The episode WAS funny though. Luigi had like one line, but he was great! I'm just grateful that Wanda wants to make sure to Vision that she would prefer him to maintain his android form around her. I know it's a hassle for Paul to put on so much make-up, but I think that's important for the show.

I do think that it is significant that Wanda flat out LIED to Vision for the first time EVER in this episode. The dude's pretty naive and she knows he trusts her completely. Definitely some moral ambiguity there. I don't think she's acting EVIL though.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-23-2021 at 12:27 PM.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I just figured characters would be yelling "Right on" and "Groovy" throughout the episode. In the spirit of that era. But if the neighborhood is real, I guess modern people would be there. It was a strange episode. At the end I felt it was like one of those true crime tv shows (due to their creepy natures). Like I thought Dateline NBC's Keith Morrison would start interrogating Wanda in that distinct voice of his in the last couple of minutes or something. I'm glad Monica got a more prominent role this time, but I missed Agnes. The episode WAS funny though. Luigi had like one line, but he was great! I'm just grateful that Wanda wants to make sure to Vision that she would prefer him to maintain his android form around her. I know it's a hassle for Paul to put on so much make-up, but I think that's important for the show.

I do think that it is significant that Wanda flat out LIED to Vision for the first time EVER in this episode. The dude's pretty naive and she knows he trusts her completely. Definitely some moral ambiguity there. I don't think she's acting EVIL though.
    Wanda asking Vision if he wanted to meet Tommy with his real face was heartwarming. She loves him for who he is, and wants their sons to love him the same way. Overtones to Rosemary’s Baby besides, it was all really wholesome. Seeing Vision shopping for swings and trying to put it together was exactly what I hoped for him.

I don’t think Wanda is being purposely evil, either. An evil person wouldn’t be horrified by a man choking to death and beg her husband to save him. Nor would an evil person hesitate to simply obliterate a complication like Monica from interfering with her wicked plot. Instead, it appears Wanda just kicked Monica out without so much as a bruise.

Most likely, Wanda may believe she is protecting Vision. She doesn’t want to hurt anyone, least of all Geraldine/Monica, but she also doesn’t want Vision to be dead again or taken away. Wanda’s reaction to her knowing how Pietro died and to Monica having the S.W.O.R.D. necklace could lend credence to the theory that part of the series is based on the White Vision story. SWORD got their hands on Vision’s remains, possibly to revive him, and Wanda took him back so he could be a person and not another military weapon. But an entity like Chthon is taking advantage of that desire to get ahold of Billy and Tommy, and are the true power in keeping West View trapped. Agnus, being an ancient witch, may be trying to stop Chthon from doing so without drawing his attention to her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Most likely, Wanda may believe she is protecting Vision. She doesn’t want to hurt anyone, least of all Geraldine/Monica, but she also doesn’t want Vision to be dead again or taken away. Wanda’s reaction to her knowing how Pietro died and to Monica having the S.W.O.R.D. necklace could lend credence to the theory that part of the series is based on the White Vision story. SWORD got their hands on Vision’s remains, possibly to revive him, and Wanda took him back so he could be a person and not another military weapon.
    That's an interesting theory and it also fits with the opening of Steve Englehart's Vision & the Scarlet Witch maxiseries (which has influenced this series quite a bit, even to stuff like Wanda not knowing she was having twins until Billy came out). That starts with Vision being held in Project Pegasus and Wanda breaking in and threatening to bring the whole place down if they don't release Vision.

Of course no matter whether the theory is right or wrong, the big burning question of the show is what happened in between Avengers: Endgame and the start of the show. We don't know when they will reveal it or even how, but it will answer a lot of the questions about what's going on, because they deiberately started the series with no exposition at all, not even acknowledging that Vision was dead (in the show, I mean, not the trailer).

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    That's an interesting theory and it also fits with the opening of Steve Englehart's Vision & the Scarlet Witch maxiseries (which has influenced this series quite a bit, even to stuff like Wanda not knowing she was having twins until Billy came out). That starts with Vision being held in Project Pegasus and Wanda breaking in and threatening to bring the whole place down if they don't release Vision.

Of course no matter whether the theory is right or wrong, the big burning question of the show is what happened in between Avengers: Endgame and the start of the show. We don't know when they will reveal it or even how, but it will answer a lot of the questions about what's going on, because they deiberately started the series with no exposition at all, not even acknowledging that Vision was dead (in the show, I mean, not the trailer).
    That could explain her outright aggression toward anything SWORD.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Wanda asking Vision if he wanted to meet Tommy with his real face was heartwarming. She loves him for who he is, and wants their sons to love him the same way. Overtones to Rosemary’s Baby besides, it was all really wholesome. Seeing Vision shopping for swings and trying to put it together was exactly what I hoped for him.

I don’t think Wanda is being purposely evil, either. An evil person wouldn’t be horrified by a man choking to death and beg her husband to save him. Nor would an evil person hesitate to simply obliterate a complication like Monica from interfering with her wicked plot. Instead, it appears Wanda just kicked Monica out without so much as a bruise.

Most likely, Wanda may believe she is protecting Vision. She doesn’t want to hurt anyone, least of all Geraldine/Monica, but she also doesn’t want Vision to be dead again or taken away. Wanda’s reaction to her knowing how Pietro died and to Monica having the S.W.O.R.D. necklace could lend credence to the theory that part of the series is based on the White Vision story. SWORD got their hands on Vision’s remains, possibly to revive him, and Wanda took him back so he could be a person and not another military weapon. But an entity like Chthon is taking advantage of that desire to get ahold of Billy and Tommy, and are the true power in keeping West View trapped. Agnus, being an ancient witch, may be trying to stop Chthon from doing so without drawing his attention to her.
    It was very nice and considerate for Wanda to say that. I was actually surprised that they did. I thought they actually wouldn't get around to that kind of thing. I don't think Wanda is evil. But I do think she will make some morally questionable decisions as the series goes on. I don't think she would actually hurt anybody intentionally though. I wouldn't want her to become like Batman and Superman (murderers) in their more recent movies. I also like your SWORD theory. For Wanda to make a deal with a demon to get Vision back would be so lazy. I think science rather than magic should be used to resurrect Vision. So your idea is sound. I think it's so funny that the same people who criticize Marvel Studios for making "formulaic" movies that are all the same are now trashing them for actually trying to do something different. I do admit the pacing of the show is definitely slow, but people demanding stuff "happen" are like annoying kids asking "are we there yet?" on a road trip, you know? It is very amusing to me that Wanda is blocking Vision from going into full "Columbo" mode each time he tries to figure out what the hell is going on. And I now actually prefer the MCU versions of Wanda and Vision over their comic book counterparts, which I didn't think would EVER happen.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-23-2021 at 03:33 PM.

Does anyone know what language that lullaby was in and what the translation of it was?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Does anyone know what language that lullaby was in and what the translation of it was?
    Seems to be Slovakian.

Seems to be Slovakian.
    Sokovia and Slovakia. Basically the same country.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So, yeah, Wanda kicks Monica out. As creepy as that final scene is and as the look on Wanda's face is, I can't see them making her wholly responsible for this or turning her into a villain, so I feel like someone is orchestrating things and Wanda's just not in a state where she can think clearly enough to stop it or accept help from SWORD. It's all a matter of who is behind the scenes, and I think Agnes might know for sure.
    Great post overall and I agree. On this point though....I dont think it would necessarily take demonic influence to convince Wanda to do some questionable things. Girl has suffered trauma after trauma and never processed any of it, and now she's in a fantasyland where Vision is alive and they have a family. I don't find it hard to imagine Wanda ending up fighting against the heroes and her friends when they try to save her from this lie of a life. Just look at what she did to Monica, you think she might not go full on batsh*t when someone tries to make her leave?

Now, I don't think they'll make her a full on villain or anything, and her motivations will be utterly sympathetic and understandable *if* she does anything awful, but it wouldn't exactly be going against the source material for Wanda to put her own desires and pain ahead of the greater good.

Not saying any of that is gonna happen, but it's hard to rule the possibility out for the character.

Also, in the recap at the start of the episode, when we see the bee keeper, he has what I think was the SWORD logo on his suit so that likely rules out my theory that this was an AIM agent.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.