Page 198 of 283 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    At one point sure. But then the Talking Raccoon showed up, and alongside him you have Celestials, Eternals, Living Planet, Elders, Skrulls, Kree, Sorcerors.

You have multiple retcons and changes in the story that was set-up.
    -- The Norse Gods are simply aliens. Then Waititi's Thor Ragnarok arrives and everyone calls themselves Norse Gods and address each other as such.
    -- Captain Marvel 2019 severaly retconned AVENGERS 1 and Nick Fury's character.

The trick is the MCU started out as somewhat more grounded and realistic but over-time it's becoming more and more as wild and extravagant as the comics.

Eventually they are gonna have multiverses, they are gonna have Secret Wars and so on and so forth.
    They didn't do talking cow and stolen brain patterns stuff in WandaVision. They could have easily retconned Vision's origins there. But they just stuck to the Mind Stone stuff because they wanted to keep things simple and consistent. I still think the movies and shows will never be as weird as the comic books. Lots of comic book stuff will be too expensive to adapt! That's why I don't think the MCU is gonna go the reincarnation route for Billy and Tommy. There is only so much weirdness general audiences would accept! I already think the MCU could be damaging itself by expanding so rapidly. The constant exposition in WandaVision describing past events is only going to be duplicated further in newer MCU projects. It really dragged WandaVision down (in my opinion) and that's why I'm all for eliminating characters every 8-10 years before the MCU is swamped by dense continuity just like the comics are. Too much continuity issues will damage the MCU just like they have done to the comic books. I don't want the MCU replicating bad habits that have ruined the comic book industry for the past few decades.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    In the grand scheme of things Wanda's presence or lack there of in HoM is insignificant it's still her most popular showing & infamous amongst both casuals and fans for one reason or another it always will be, people will always relate her back to this story for 1 reason or another, I don't make the rules it just is what it is.
    I'd argue WandaVision is now her most popular story, because the MCU reaches more audiences than the comics ever did. So, yeah, HOM will always be her most popular comic book story, but WandaVision will be what she is most remembered for going forward in pop culture as a whole (unless we get another Wanda-centric production).

And BTW, House Of M was already an inspiration for WandaVision. They literally credited Bendis for that. In the eyes of Kevin Feige, that story was already checked off their list. I doubt they would do anything like that again, because unlike the comics, the MCU is much less cyclical with their stories. So it's all a moot point anyway. Time to put it behind us.

People here are raising a fuss about the fact that in the future she will more than likely be tied to the mutant corner when they get to the X-men. WandaVision quite obviously set her up to be a mutant but fine whatever.
    Literally none of what you just said is ''obvious''. The show only strengthened her magical roots, nothing else. She may be a mutant in the future, just like she may be not. Getting your expectations high about bigger things being established is exactly how so many people got all of their theories about WandaVision wrong. But if y'all just wanna keep doing that, be my guest.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I really don't see how people got the idea Wanda is a mutant from this show repeatedly and specifically saying her powers are based in magic

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    They didn't do talking cow and stolen brain patterns stuff in WandaVision.
    Not yet they haven't.

They could have easily retconned Vision's origins there.
    This was Scarlet Witch's story, not Vision's.

I still think the movies and shows will never be as weird as the comic books. Lots of comic book stuff will be too expensive to adapt!
    Yes we all know that Walt Disney pictures is a struggling artisanal production of micro-low budget independent movies and not the kind to have movie-quality VFX to throw out for streaming TV series worth more than the budget of all seasons of Game of Thrones. The Mandalorian, WandaVision, Loki are all scrappy Dogme-style documentary-like in their aesthetic after all.

By the way, what special effects would they need to make Magneto Wanda's dad? It's as simple as two people in a costume in a set against a green screen as they read out dialogue and you have music and editing and close-ups doing all the work.

Too much continuity issues will damage the MCU just like they have done to the comic books.
    Without continuity, there would be no Marvel and no MCU. Continuity is what made it successful. Anyone who tells themselves otherwise is in denial.

I don't want the MCU replicating bad habits that have ruined the comic book industry for the past few decades.
    The MCU's bad habits are destroying the movie and TV industry, so relax, it's not gonna hurt the comic book industry anyworse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I really don't see how people got the idea Wanda is a mutant from this show repeatedly and specifically saying her powers are based in magic
    don't see it either but locals are adamant still on the "she's a mutant or magnetos", but thank goodness this show will dictate otherwise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Literally none of what you just said is ''obvious''. The show only strengthened her magical roots, nothing else. She may be a mutant in the future, just like she may be not. Getting your expectations high about bigger things being established is exactly how so many people got all of their theories about WandaVision wrong. But if y'all just wanna keep doing that, be my guest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    don't see it either but locals are adamant still on the "she's a mutant or magnetos", but thank goodness this show will dictate otherwise.
    In Episode 8 we see Wanda interact with the Infinity Stone. The Hydra boys say all candidates before got killed. It's established from Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and in Avengers Endgame that baseline humans cannot wield or interact with the Infinity Stones without getting killed. The MCU established that Peter Quill was part-Celestial because he was able to use the Power Stone by hand for a long period without being affected and that set him on the path towards discovering that his father was an alien being and not the human he was led to believe.

So Wanda, and Pietro, having an immunity to the Infinity Stones effect seems to indicate that she's not entirely human.

BANNED

In Episode 8 we see Wanda interact with the Infinity Stone. The Hydra boys say all candidates before got killed. It's established from Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and in Avengers Endgame that baseline humans cannot wield or interact with the Infinity Stones without getting killed. The MCU established that Peter Quill was part-Celestial because he was able to use the Power Stone by hand for a long period without being affected and that set him on the path towards discovering that his father was an alien being and not the human he was led to believe.

So Wanda, and Pietro, having an immunity to the Infinity Stones effect seems to indicate that she's not entirely human.
    yeah shes a witch... thats whats spelled out.

We do know what makes Wanda different, and they very specifically say what it is, and it's magic. Plus not all the Stones are dangerous to touch. Thanos touches half of them, and Clint holds the Soul Stone in his hands.

Not yet they haven't.

This was Scarlet Witch's story, not Vision's.

Yes we all know that Walt Disney pictures is a struggling artisanal production of micro-low budget independent movies and not the kind to have movie-quality VFX to throw out for streaming TV series worth more than the budget of all seasons of Game of Thrones. The Mandalorian, WandaVision, Loki are all scrappy Dogme-style documentary-like in their aesthetic after all.

By the way, what special effects would they need to make Magneto Wanda's dad? It's as simple as two people in a costume in a set against a green screen as they read out dialogue and you have music and editing and close-ups doing all the work.

Without continuity, there would be no Marvel and no MCU. Continuity is what made it successful. Anyone who tells themselves otherwise is in denial.

The MCU's bad habits are destroying the movie and TV industry, so relax, it's not gonna hurt the comic book industry anyworse.
    Continuity is very important. No doubt about it. And I love it. But when it gets to be eighty years of it like in the comic books, it's just too hard to keep track of. I think there is a danger with each new movie and show, things will get bogged down in the same way. You're a regular comic book reader, so you're used to it. But most television viewers and movie-goers don't want to keep flow charts of alternate versions of the same characters to understand what the hell is going on. I know my family and friends would just get alienated by that stuff. I think it's nice that Disney has made the MCU as accessible as it has thus far. I hope that never changes. If the MCU adopts the bad habits of the comic book industry, I think it will destroy itself. I wasn't talking about special effects in regards to Wanda's Dad. That would be relatively easy to adapt, I just personally don't think they will. I know WandaVision was Wanda's story, but I think it would have been a perfect time to bring in the whole Simon/Human Torch nonsense. But they didn't. And if you think they're gonna go the talking cow route, I think you're nuts! One talking raccoon is more than enough.

She was a young adult when she got her powers, mutants get their on puberty or even before. It's clear she got her power like Captain Marvel, from the stone. She already was magical but it amplified it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    yeah shes a witch... thats whats spelled out.
    But she's not a witch like Agatha and Stephen who were humans who had to learn and study and hone their magic talents. And Agatha herself says that her magic study alone would never have made her as powerful as Wanda's.

And again Pietro doesn't have magic but he got powers unlocked from the mind-stone too it seems like. Since they're both twins and only one has magic, it stands to reason that there's more to both of them than magic.

We do know what makes Wanda different, and they very specifically say what it is, and it's magic.
    But again, how does Pietro get powers from the mind-stone if he wasn't magical either?

Plus not all the Stones are dangerous to touch. Thanos touches half of them,
    He's Thanos, explicitly stated to be far more powerful than anyone else.

...and Clint holds the Soul Stone in his hands.
    The Soul Stone is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    She was a young adult when she got her powers,
    The flashbacks show her casting a hex to stop Stark's missile from going off, as a young girl.

It's clear she got her power like Captain Marvel, from the stone.
    Literally the oppposite was told to us in WandaVision.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 03-06-2021 at 07:01 PM.

I'm not really a fan of where they positioned Wanda overall. It's not bad writing or anything, but I would have liked a story with a clearer resolution and a more heroic turn for Wanda. I was never a fan of her return to villainy in the comics, I don't really like it here either. And I realize she's not necessarily straight up bad, but she's done some pretty awful **** and the show went out if its way to underscore that it wasn't just an amnesia dream for the town, but torture. And now they're setting her up as the potential end of the world threat, too.

I wish we got growing Wanda, not regressing Wanda, and helpful Agatha and not cardboard villain Agatha.

Ah well.

The Soul Stone is different.
    How is the Soul Stone different but somehow the Mind Stone isn't, despite the fact that we definitely see people touch both?

Ultimate Member

Since when did this become a thesis on the movie industry

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Continuity is very important. No doubt about it. And I love it. But when it gets to be eighty years of it like in the comic books, it's just too hard to keep track of. I think there is a danger with each new movie and show, things will get bogged down in the same way. You're a regular comic book reader, so you're used to it. But most television viewers and movie-goers don't want to keep flow charts of alternate versions of the same characters to understand what the hell is going on. I know my family and friends would just get alienated by that stuff. I think it's nice that Disney has made the MCU as accessible as it has thus far. I hope that never changes. If the MCU adopts the bad habits of the comic book industry, I think it will destroy itself. I wasn't talking about special effects in regards to Wanda's Dad. That would be relatively easy to adapt, I just personally don't think they will. I know WandaVision was Wanda's story, but I think it would have been a perfect time to bring in the whole Simon/Human Torch nonsense. But they didn't. And if you think they're gonna go the talking cow route, I think you're nuts! One talking raccoon is more than enough.
    of course they won't do that, if they wanted magneto would already be her father on Wandavision