Page 15 of 283 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    but it wouldn't exactly be going against the source material for Wanda to put her own desires and pain ahead of the greater good.
    This is unfortunately the legacy that HoM left on the character, because that wasn't true for her beforehand. One of the considerations before getting pregnant in comics was how it'd impact how she was able to work as a hero on the Avengers. But luckily they had plenty of reserve members.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Sokovia and Slovakia. Basically the same country.
    It would make sense for it to be the fictional version of Slovakia in the same way that Transia was for Serbia in comics.

Extraordinary Member

I think a hero vs. hero fight, Wanda and Vision vs. SWORD or Wanda vs. Vision, is almost inevitable at this point. It is a Marvel tradition after all.

I don't believe they will end the series without letting Wanda have a hero vs. villain fight as well, but her fans are going to have to make it through some anxious times before we see that... which isn't a bad thing really, since she may have to go to a dark place before she can grow from this experience.

But Wanda's fans are always terrified after House of M and the comics fallout. If the head writer hadn't explicitly said that she didn't want Wanda to go crazy, then I'd probably have stopped watching until the show was over. Even now it's a little scary.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I think a hero vs. hero fight, Wanda and Vision vs. SWORD or Wanda vs. Vision, is almost inevitable at this point. It is a Marvel tradition after all.

I don't believe they will end the series without letting Wanda have a hero vs. villain fight as well, but her fans are going to have to make it through some anxious times before we see that... which isn't a bad thing really, since she may have to go to a dark place before she can grow from this experience.

But Wanda's fans are always terrified after House of M and the comics fallout. If the head writer hadn't explicitly said that she didn't want Wanda to go crazy, then I'd probably have stopped watching until the show was over. Even now it's a little scary.
    I don't mind hard times if she does work through it and is still a hero at the end. That's the usual for a lot of heroes.

And I think that's the path they are choosing with her becoming the Scarlet Witch in this series. I definitely don't think it'll be the destructive trashing of the character that HoM was. She's already too much of a major player for that. Where in those she was either absent, catatonic or only briefly seen and not even heard. Also with this being followed up by Doctor Strange 2, we know she still has a future. When she didn't even have that in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It would make sense for it to be the fictional version of Slovakia in the same way that Transia was for Serbia in comics.
    As I've said MANY times before, I would like the MCU to have less fictional countries if it's at all possible. I like superheroes there having adventures in the real world. There are plenty of nations on the globe that have not yet been explored.

I'm really happy they mentioned Ultron in WandaVision. He was a truly funny, original and underappreciated villain. Even more humorous than Vision is now. And I love James Spader. They should have put more focus in that movie on him instead of the other superfluous stuff. I like how Stark, Strange and Ultron almost all have the same personality.

As I've said MANY times before, I would like the MCU to have less fictional countries if it's at all possible. I like superheroes there having adventures in the real world. There are plenty of nations on the globe that have not yet been explored.

I'm really happy they mentioned Ultron in WandaVision. He was a truly funny, original and underappreciated villain. Even more humorous than Vision is now. And I love James Spader. They should have put more focus in that movie on him instead of the other superfluous stuff. I like how Stark, Strange and Ultron almost all have the same personality.
    I think that isn't really necessary. This is a fictional world. So fictional locations are quite ok and more creative than just using what's already there in real life.

I did not like movie Ultron. But I hope there are more versions of him at some point that make him better. Sorry but he was pretty lame to me. But I do like that they acknowledge what happened to Pietro. Even though I hate it with a passion. Someone who can travel mach 5 and pick bullets out of the air should not die to them. They did Pietro dirty.

I think that isn't really necessary. This is a fictional world. So fictional locations are quite ok and more creative than just using what's already there in real life.

I did not like movie Ultron. But I hope there are more versions of him at some point that make him better. Sorry but he was pretty lame to me. But I do like that they acknowledge what happened to Pietro. Even though I hate it with a passion. Someone who can travel mach 5 and pick bullets out of the air should not die to them. They did Pietro dirty.
    I always thought Marvel was more grounded in the real world because they had less fictional locations as opposed to DC. I just think having so many fake nations just takes away from the realism of the Marvel Universe. But that could be just ME talking.

Yeah, I know you didn't like Ultron and thought he was a pathetic villain. You don't need to apologize for stating your opinion. But I think they could have done more with him if they gave him a little more screen time. He started thinking humans were assholes WAY too fast and I thought that hurt his origin story. I did like his quips though. Vision is not really quippy in his own show. Him calling Wanda "Fred" is not a quip. As you know, I like that snarky Stark/Strange ****. Stephen bragging about how fluent he was in Google Translate was VERY funny to me.

I hated how Pietro went down and hope he comes back in WandaVision somehow, but I respect Marvel Studios' decision to remove him. They probably had plans to use Hawkeye, Nick Fury and War Machine later on (characters they could have offed in the Week of Ultron which would have had more emotional resonance), so that's why they settled on Quicksilver. I wish Pietro had more stories they could have used in the MCU. But like a lot of "side" characters, there's only so much source material you can use for them. I think you also meant that they did ATJ dirty. I think they're gonna treat Peters just fine in this show. So the character of Quicksilver WILL be respected in some way? This multiverse stuff is pretty confusing to me. It kind of turns me off from comic books sometimes. But I'm not even sure if the multiverse will be dealt with in this show. It seems like Westview is a REAL city to me in the main MCU universe. I'm somewhat ambivalent about Wanda being so untruthful when it comes to preventing Vision from finding out what the hell is going on. I kind of don't like the Scarlet Witch being deceitful, but we'll have to see where the series goes with this.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-23-2021 at 10:21 PM.

I always thought Marvel was more grounded in the real world because they had less fictional locations as opposed to DC. I just think having so many fake nations just takes away from the realism of the Marvel Universe. But that could be just ME talking.

Yeah, I know you didn't like Ultron and thought he was a pathetic villain. You don't need to apologize for stating your opinion. But I think they could have done more with him if they gave him a little more screen time. He started thinking humans were assholes WAY too fast and I thought that hurt his origin story. I did like his quips though. Vision is not really quippy in his own show. Him calling Wanda "Fred" is not a quip. As you know, I like that snarky Stark/Strange ****. Stephen bragging about how fluent he was in Google Translate was VERY funny to me.

I hated how Pietro went down and hope he comes back in WandaVision somehow, but I respect Marvel Studios' decision to remove him. They probably had plans to use Hawkeye, Nick Fury and War Machine later on (characters they could have offed in the Week of Ultron which would have had more emotional resonance), so that's why they settled on Quicksilver. I wish Pietro had more stories they could have used in the MCU. But like a lot of "side" characters, there's only so much source material you can use for them. I think you also meant that they did ATJ dirty. I think they're gonna treat Peters just fine in this show. So the character of Quicksilver WILL be respected in some way? This multiverse stuff is pretty confusing to me. It kind of turns me off from comic books sometimes. But I'm not even sure if the multiverse will be dealt with in this show. It seems like Westview is a REAL city to me in the main MCU universe. I'm somewhat ambivalent about Wanda being so untruthful when it comes to preventing Vision from finding out what the hell is going on. I kind of don't like the Scarlet Witch being deceitful, but we'll have to see where the series goes with this.
    I don't think it needs realism to be relatable. And a world where everyone has super powers and look like models isn't really that realistic. There's a lot of fantasy in it.

I hope they do have more Ultron eventually. There were many different versions.

I think Wanda isn't completely in control so she might not be doing all that herself. She is the main focus, so I have high hopes that she'll still be the hero in the end.

I don't think it needs realism to be relatable. And a world where everyone has super powers and look like models isn't really that realistic. There's a lot of fantasy in it.

I hope they do have more Ultron eventually. There were many different versions.

I think Wanda isn't completely in control so she might not be doing all that herself. She is the main focus, so I have high hopes that she'll still be the hero in the end.
    What this fictional world needs are some truly "ugly" characters. Now THAT would be relatable and realistic. But Hollywood "ugly" is definitely not the same thing as real life "ugly". Olsen and Bettany are not "hideous" people, that's for sure. I think Ultron can return. Isn't upgrading himself kind of his thing? I don't think Wanda's totally controlling things either. But I also don't think she's being "mind-controlled" either though.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-23-2021 at 10:40 PM.

What this fictional world needs are some truly "ugly" characters. Now THAT would be relatable and realistic. But Hollywood "ugly" is definitely not the same thing as real life "ugly". Olsen and Bettany are not "hideous" people, that's for sure. I think Ultron can return. Isn't upgrading himself kind of his thing? I don't think Wanda's totally controlling things either. But I also don't think she's being "mind-controlled" either though.
    They have some, like Blob. But very few. The large majority, even among mutants are very good looking.

Yeah Ultron always upgrades and becomes harder to defeat. There is an easy to digest video on him and his origin. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk8gOUCjwhA

I think mind-control is possible in this world where Hydra did that to Bucky, but we'll see. I think there is definitely part of her that wants to stay in this universe though.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Does anyone know what language that lullaby was in and what the translation of it was?
    The english subtitles only described it as ''sokovian''. I'm not sure if it was entirely made up or if it was based on some real language, though.

Anyway, for some reason, the brazilian portuguese subtitles, unlike the english ones, offered by Disney+ itself actually give you the translation of the song, which is:

I waited for you

and this day has come.

My heart became a home full of light,

full of light.

BANNED

dang what a great third episode, wanda as a villain or creepy figure is interesting but an obvious misdirection
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-24-2021 at 04:20 AM.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Elizabeth is definitely killing it as Wanda in this show. She shines a lot in both the heavy drama and humour scenes.

Paul is pretty good too. I find him rather handsome with the toupee lol.

Anyone wondering why Monica is in this alt reality with Wanda and Vizh? Did Wanda bring her in or did someone else send her? Could she be an Agent of SWORD?

Edit: I just saw this article.

https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-gera...-death-ultron/

When was Monica confirmed as an Agent?
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 01-24-2021 at 07:58 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Anyone wondering why Monica is in this alt reality with Wanda and Vizh? Did Wanda bring her in or did someone else send her? Could she be an Agent of SWORD?

Edit: I just saw this article.

https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-gera...-death-ultron/

When was Monica confirmed as an Agent?
    a theory, she was in the toy helllicopter wanda picked up in episode 2