Page 126 of 283 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Did they even explain why this bitch Agatha killed the puppy?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Did they even explain why this bitch Agatha killed the puppy?
    Probably to test the limits of Wanda’s powers.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I wonder what Agatha's agenda is? it doesn't seem like she wants to eat Wanda's magic yet she seems too cruel to just have good intentions
    I am starting to have a theory about that and a way for her to become Wanda's Teacher;

spoilers:
    At the beginning of Episode 8 Agatha was practicing a form of forbidden Witchcraft and her own coven and Mother tried to kill her. Agatha tried to say she wants to be good but her own Mother said no, that is harsh. So I think Agatha has a trust problem and she is not just litteral absorbed in her own magic, learning it and finding new forms of it aka her being drawn to the hex cause it seems she can absorb powers too.

I think Agatha is hurting cause she has no one in the world to trust as well for all these centuries, she is an outcast as well. She has devoted it seems her life to finding and learning Magic and it took her awhile to learn so much, but Wanda can do it much with not problems or training at all. This would understablely make Agatha upset cause she worked all those years and needed ruins and other magical items to do what she could, so how does this girl have so much that seems to come out of nothing.

I think not just cause of a reveal or 2 coming, but I think their will come a point in the last episode where Wanda and Agatha stop fighting, many Wanda does get a chance to see into her head and her history to and Wanda ends up wanting to help and befriend her to stop the cycle of fighting and losing people.

This might be how they become Teacher and Student.
    end of spoilers
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I still feel like they merged Agatha with Modred the Mystic. Not entirely bad until she read from a book of power. spoilers:
    Which is probably what dark magic the witches said she had tapped into and needed stopped over
    end of spoilers
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly who cares about these people if anything they should thank Wanda that town was a dump before she got there, she upgraded, housing health care and gave their meaningless lives purpose, they should say thank you Wanda and leave it at that. Other super folk have gotten away with worse.
    The same can be said about those millions of nameless mutants depowered in HoM, it's not about the residents, it's about the main character being a shitty person or not. And her fans would very much prefer her not being one.
    It's not the first time she got dunked upon for "hurting irrelevant persons".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Scarlet Witch was never exactly a publicly embraced superhero in the comics or in the MCU, so I think the story points towards her going to the margins of the magical world and cosmos.

As for the people of Westview, considering how crappy their lives were before Wanda transformed everything, all she has to do is magic some kind of sunshine or good favor for them, as a kind of compensation. So far no civilian has died. For everything else, there's therapy.
    She served in the Avengers for freaking decades in our publication history, so really, don't stick that "mutant or rejected narrative" on her just because some very early comic pages.

This was my favorite episode of the series so far! Love the focus on Wanda's trauma and backstory. This show has elevated her to being one of my favorite MCU characters now. I honestly think she might be my second fav now behind only Stark himself.

Also love that she's officially the Scarlet Witch and we saw her costume in that future vision. Now, bring on Doctor Strange for the finale. I'm ready for **** to hit the fan

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Lightbulb

spoilers:
    So much to unpack, my goodness me.

They made Agatha a little more ambiguous morally, even with killing her mother and coven. The way she had Wanda literally face her past felt like a hard-knocks school of thought mentor encouraging her student. But then she tied Tommy and Billy up like that, and it looks like she’s going to be a villain. It’s a damn shame. They’re really going to give the mentor status to Strange. But unless Agatha does some grand sacrifice to protect the boys in the end, I don’t think her odds look good.

I hope the odds for Tommy and Billy are better. Yea, they have Young Avengers coming, but they could still have the boys unraveled when the Hex goes down, then retro-incarnated and to be found later in Multiverse of Madness. I would prefer them to be autonomous individuals who can survive the fall of the Hex. Keep it as simple as possible.

Wanda really needs to make it up the inhabitants of West View. A gilded prison is still a prison. I was hoping it would reveal she was unduly influenced by someone else, but it looks like her grief overwhelmed her, accidentally made the Hex in response to her grief, and denies everything when presented evidence she is responsible. Which is understandable, but she still has to make up for the fallout of her grief pulling in the people of West View like that. I hope they don’t gloss it over. As an aside, the whole things strongly reminded me of the anime Puella Magi Madoka Magica, with the concept of a witch creating a false world to trap people inside.

I am thrilled they are going with Wanda’s powers as a witch who uses chaos magic. I feel like it’s the power set that makes the most sense for her, as well as adding in so much lore that is unique to her. I think this show is strong proof against those who say Wanda is only a team character with little to offer outside being Magneto’s daughter. I’m beginning to get annoyed by the people who push the Wanda Mother of Mutants theory, because of how they dismiss her journey as a witch. Wanda’s title of Scarlet Witch is going to mean something instead of just a cute gimmick given to her by Magneto. With it being bought to the public pop culture awareness, this is going to help shape perception of her for years to come. How people are reading mutant into any of this after the episode is honestly beyond me. If anything, this seems like it shut the door on Wanda being a mutant for good.

But the way that the show set up how Wanda got her powers leaves room for Pietro being a mutant. We know he must have gone second, because the scientists mention that no one had survived before. He’s not a warlock, nor do I think the show is going to retcon him as one. His powers are always down to a scientific explanation. Now, how did Pietro survive and gain his powers then? Did he ever display powers before the Hydra experiment, like Wanda and the bomb? Did he also collapse or see something, or shake it off and just start twitching really fast like in Civil War? Either one of two things could be revealed next episode: that he survived due to having an x gene, or they reveal nothing because they didn’t care enough about such a gaping plot hole or Pietro enough to address it. That’s a very strong possibility.

About Fietro: bringing in Evan Peters just to confuse the audience but not have the multiverse actually play into the story that feeds into Multiverse of Madness doesn’t make sense with the limited time they have. After all, Agnes could have just made Fietro look like ATJ if they wanted a fake out, unless Aaron Taylor Johnson was just that set against ever coming back even for a cameo. However, I don’t think Agatha is powerful enough to actually pluck someone from another reality; the envy in her voice in comparing her and Wanda’s talents was thick. But Fiege said that Evan Peters was planned from the start. So my theory is that when Wanda was talking to Tommy and Billy about Pietro, she unconsciously summoned him from the Fox universe. But when Pietro entered the Hex, it changed him like Monica and he forgot his old life. When Wanda and Vision were arguing, he shows up because that’s what the sitcom formula demands: to break up the tension with comedic relief. Agatha, seeing him in town earlier, enchants him to be her eyes and mouth in manipulating Wanda to reveal how she remade West View. It is true, Agatha revealed she can not only enchant beings, but transmute them to an extent. I don’t think she can give a random victim she transformed super speed as well. It took an Infinity Stone to do that, even if we’re still learning how. Next episode will either see that he is broken free of the enchantment, or is indeed a creature of Agatha’s to one extent or another.

I can see why this leads into Multiverse of Madness. This is going to need a two hour movie to conclude satisfactorily.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    This was my favorite episode of the series so far! Love the focus on Wanda's trauma and backstory. This show has elevated her to being one of my favorite MCU characters now. I honestly think she might be my second fav now behind only Stark himself.

Also love that she's officially the Scarlet Witch and we saw her costume in that future vision. Now, bring on Doctor Strange for the finale. I'm ready for **** to hit the fan
    Honestly?

I'm kinda psyched about whatever it is that happens after this wraps up...

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I am starting to have a theory about that and a way for her to become Wanda's Teacher;

spoilers:
    At the beginning of Episode 8 Agatha was practicing a form of forbidden Witchcraft and her own coven and Mother tried to kill her. Agatha tried to say she wants to be good but her own Mother said no, that is harsh. So I think Agatha has a trust problem and she is not just litteral absorbed in her own magic, learning it and finding new forms of it aka her being drawn to the hex cause it seems she can absorb powers too.

I think Agatha is hurting cause she has no one in the world to trust as well for all these centuries, she is an outcast as well. She has devoted it seems her life to finding and learning Magic and it took her awhile to learn so much, but Wanda can do it much with not problems or training at all. This would understablely make Agatha upset cause she worked all those years and needed ruins and other magical items to do what she could, so how does this girl have so much that seems to come out of nothing.

I think not just cause of a reveal or 2 coming, but I think their will come a point in the last episode where Wanda and Agatha stop fighting, many Wanda does get a chance to see into her head and her history to and Wanda ends up wanting to help and befriend her to stop the cycle of fighting and losing people.

This might be how they become Teacher and Student.
    end of spoilers
    Intresting theory but she's strangling her children and likely giving them major trauma after forcing her to relive her own I really don't think any form of relationship other than enemies is possible at this point their is no coming back from that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post

That is Excellent to Hear The Kid, it is always great to hear when a project like this helps to make a character into one of the Fans Top Favorites, Thanks for Sharing that Opinion, Very Heartwarming to hear Wanda is connecting with you so well in this!

Also be glad to talk with you both here and on Her thread, always great meeting and talking with new fans and helping them Learn about Wanda!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Intresting theory but she's strangling her children and likely giving them major trauma after forcing her to relive her own I really don't think any form of relationship other than enemies is possible at this point their is no coming back from that.
    Yea I know it is a longshot, maybe just a hope, but it is a feeling and thought that just came to me today after talking about it so much today, so just wanted to get it out their.

Guess we have to wait, see and Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    The same can be said about those millions of nameless mutants depowered in HoM, it's not about the residents, it's about the main character being a shitty person or not. And her fans would very much prefer her not being one.
    It's not the first time she got dunked upon for "hurting irrelevant persons".
    Odds are majority of those no named mutants were glad to be rid of those powers, at that time an X-Gene was practically a death sentence, she's hardly looking like a shitty person like Fietro said she handles this situation stunningly families stayed together, kids slept peacefully in the bed, unimportant side characters chilled in the lawn frozen in place, home improvements, better jobs, maybe health care and now their famous this is a win for these people! & Wanda looks great! Stan Twitter loves her!!
    Last edited by Journey; 02-26-2021 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Honestly?

I'm kinda psyched about whatever it is that happens after this wraps up...
    It is going to be effecting the MCU in Major ways and in new directions, espcially opening the worlds of magic up now, indeed it is an Interesting time!

Extraordinary Member

Odds are majority of those no named mutants were glad to be rid of those powers, at that time an X-Gene was practically a death sentence, she's hardly looking like a shitty person like Fietro said she handles this situation stunningly families stayed together, kids slept peacefully in the bed, unimportant side characters chilled in the lawn frozen in place, home improvements, better jobs, maybe health care and now their famous this is a win for these people! & Wanda looks great! Stan Twitter loves her!!
    Way to miss the point do you? You sound like a "yas queen" fan.