Page 101 of 283 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I dunno, I'm kinda lost here! I mentioned above that the wedding issue is a popular non-Magneto non-mutant focused issue (The cover alone to Giant Avengers #4 is iconic) but Avengers #234 retells her past with Magneto and the fact that he is her father and Avengers #104 is a story with the mutants hunting Sentinels and Trask. I guess I am misunderstanding what you are trying to tell me.

Well, Wanda IS a mutant in these shows. The 90's Iron Man cartoon was a show more about Force Works than Wanda also. Doesn't mean the audience couldn't enjoy the character when she was on screen.
    Avengers #234 goes into the Nights of Wundagore stuff as well. And isn't really focused on Magneto. #104 is also when Pietro goes missing. But your focus is on mutants because that is your interest. It's also not what the show took from those issues because those parts do not have much to do with Wanda. None of these are "popular." Wanda wasn't popular before the MCU. There are issues more central to her, her origin, her powers. But nothing was popular or famous. HoM was infamous, but for what happened to mutants. If mutants weren't depowered, most would not know about it.

Well, Wanda IS a mutant in these shows.
    It's not a Wanda story and nor should it be. Her story (her show) should be about her. Understand? Mutants and Mags will get plenty of time in the MCU. Also, Force Works was a terrible cartoon. The book was better towards Wanda but definitely not Tony. 90s is not the best pull for stories for a lot of characters. Until it got closer to late 90s.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-21-2021 at 07:24 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The Necronomicon has a very limited association with Wanda in comics. It was written by Abdul Alhazred, the Mad Arab. I hope they don't do that in the movie-verse. I think it is the Darkhold though because that has way more of a link to Wanda. I'm just not sure they'll have Chthon.
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Isn't the Darkhold basically the Marvel version of the Necronomicon? It's a bit like saying that you think that character is not Mephisto, but rather the Devil.
    She brought back Vision from the dead and whatever that book is has to ability to maybe reanimate someone and their powers. Thus enhacing her ability to do so, that's all i'm sayin and visually it doesn't look like the darkhold.

It could lead into a "Marvel Zombies vs. Evil Dead" scenario. Heck, Sam Raimi is directing Dr. Strange 2, it's practically a given that Bruce Campbell will cameo!
    Exactly!!
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 02-21-2021 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    And Billy and Tommy as well too!

This show has introduced the WANDAVERSE to the Whole of the World to both Hardcore Fan and General Public alike with such desire for its content that Disney+ broke down over it!

The world as we know it will never be the same again for Wanda and Her Fans, this is truly groundbreaking I have never seen anything like this, it is truly a Phenomenon and it is About Wanda and Vision!
    Oh ****, I forgot. As an older reader, I remember Billy and Tommy dying horrible deaths. So the WandaVision family didn't last long for me in the comic books. I'm glad the twins are back now, even though their origins are confusing as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    She brought back Vision from the dead and whatever that book is has to ability to maybe reanimated someone or power. Thus enhacing her ability to do so, that's all i'm sayin and visually it doesn't look like the darkhold.

Exactly!!
    Vision could be an illusion. Magic can do all sorts of things. The Darkhold was able to make crazy things happen too.

Vision could be an illusion. Magic can do all sorts of things. The Darkhold was able to make crazy things happen too.
    True, true...

It can still be connected to the Darkhold as the Necronomicon has material, spells and pages from it.

Avengers #234 goes into the Nights of Wundagore stuff as well. And isn't really focused on Magneto. #104 is also when Pietro goes missing. But your focus is on mutants because that is your interest.
    If you knew anything about me you'd know my main interest is Spider-man, not mutants. But I do like seeing characters as the original authors intended them. Stan and Jack created Scarlet Witch and said she was a mutant.

It's also not what the show took from those issues because those parts do not have much to do with Wanda. None of these are "popular." Wanda wasn't popular before the MCU.
    She was still a popular comic hero before the MCU, just not a regular household name. Comic book readers knew about her, she was in cartoons and had various action figures and statues produced long before Age of Ultron. This isn't Captain Ultra or Collective Man.

It's not a Wanda story and nor should it be. Her story (her show) should be about her. Understand?
    Never said anything even remotely close that it shouldn't be. Didn't even say Magneto needs to be referenced at all in the series. Just that he has been a more important part of her comic history than some want to give credit to.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

If you knew anything about me you'd know my main interest is Spider-man, not mutants. But I do like seeing characters as the original authors intended them. Stan and Jack created Scarlet Witch and said she was a mutant.

She was still a popular comic hero before the MCU, just not a regular household name. Comic book readers knew about her, she was in cartoons and had various action figures and statues produced long before Age of Ultron. This isn't Captain Ultra or Collective Man.

Never said anything even remotely close that it shouldn't be. Didn't even say Magneto needs to be referenced at all in the series. Just that he has been a more important part of her comic history than some want to give credit to.
    Sure, they did intend on her being a mutant. Marvel chose not to do much with that in her almost 57 years as a character.

Wanda was popular among comic readers in the bronze age. But that doesn't even qualify for a large portion of the world population. She was never a Wolverine, Deadpool, Spider-man. Characters that are marketed and reach far beyond comics.

He's not though. Her story can and has played out exactly the same without him.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Sure, they did intend on her being a mutant. Marvel chose not to do much with that in her almost 57 years as a character.

Wanda was popular among comic readers in the bronze age. But that doesn't even qualify for a large portion of the world population. She was never a Wolverine, Deadpool, Spider-man. Characters that are marketed and reach far beyond comics.

He's not though. Her story can and has played out exactly the same without him.
    Well By How well WandaVision is going over in the World, that Might Be Changing for Wanda on a WorldWide Bases Finally. ;-)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Well By How well WandaVision is going over in the World, that Might Be Changing for Wanda on a WorldWide Bases Finally. ;-)
    Yes, I do hope so!

Yes, I do hope so!
    Indeed I do as well, on the Postive side we are hoping for, but the Hunger for this Series has Truly Astonished me, Even as a Wanda Fan I Never Expected this level to desire we are seeing for the Show.

Indeed we worry about how Well Wanda will be after it, but so Far All Signs point to Better then She was Going In and if they are Truly Serious about going into Wanda's Lore as the Nexus commerical teased, the the Multiverse of Madness and SpiderMan 3 and Wanda's Importance to those has Taken on a WHOLE New Mean of Importances she will have in the MCU going forward, maybe being on of the New Major Players we can only hope.

But with the Level of Love and Effect Miss Olsen is having on Audiances as Wanda(A Thing Marvel and Disney are likelyl taking note of, they be shoting themselves in the foot not to), it be hard not to see them pushing her further cause of the effect both her and Wanda's Character is having on their Franchise.

Indeed all this is hoping, but who Knew we be where we are today just even a few Months ago, Wanda is at likely the Most Important Point in her Characters Career and right now all around the net even with the Darker stories of the past, I mostly see praise or much want and interest for her Character more then Ever on a Phenomenal Level.

These are truly Exciting Time in being a Wanda Fans, More then Ever!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Avengers #234 goes into the Nights of Wundagore stuff as well. And isn't really focused on Magneto. #104 is also when Pietro goes missing. But your focus is on mutants because that is your interest. It's also not what the show took from those issues because those parts do not have much to do with Wanda. None of these are "popular." Wanda wasn't popular before the MCU. There are issues more central to her, her origin, her powers. But nothing was popular or famous. HoM was infamous, but for what happened to mutants. If mutants weren't depowered, most would not know about it.
    If you knew anything about me you'd know my main interest is Spider-man, not mutants. :-p But I do like seeing characters as the original authors intended them. Stan and Jack created Scarlet Witch and said she was a mutant.
    Avengers 234 is Truly a Classic and a Must Read for ANY Fan Wanting to get into Truly Classsic Wanda Lore on a Classic Level of that Era Vegeta!

It was likely one of if Not My 1st Avengers Book of Wanda, the 1st I Fully Read Threw and it gave me a True 101 of who her and Vision where to each other, a Must Read! =)

Episode 8 of WandaVision will reportedly be 47 minutes,
    @ComicBook
    reports. This would be its longest episode yet.

I think WandaVision REALLY picked up steam in the past couple of weeks. Which I'm extremely happy about. It is STRANGE that it is so successful in many ways. Even I had my doubts when it first started because Wanda and Vision were not the most popular characters in the MCU. I also was skeptical because I believed not many folks would actually be interested in a show that explored one of the quirkiest and weirdest relationships in comic book history. And this is not typical Disney fare. It's not Star Wars, the Simpsons, the Muppet Show, Pixar movies, or National Geographic. Those are easy to digest and are like fast food. Pure entertainment. WandaVision has been surprisingly dark and mature for a Marvel property so I didn't think it would be doing as well as it is now. It's more exotic like paprikash. I can't imagine Doctor Strange 2 will be as experimental and innovative as WandaVision is. The movies and television shows are completely two different animals. I think the Multiverse of Madness will be a typical MCU "quippy" action adventure story (with some horror elements) that moviegoers will be entertained by. And that's fine. I give Wanda a few more years in the MCU. Five tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    @ComicBook
    And 23 of those minutes will be devoted to credits!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    @ComicBook
    Interesting that they are getting Longer as suppected, Maybe if that is with credits that is 40 mins around. If the last episode is longer or just another 40 mins that is Nearly 80+ more mins of story and content, enought for a average running movie of 1 and 1/2 hours. I know it is not an hour long liked hoped for, but that is still ALLOT of Content!

Thanks Cruelrain!