Page 103 of 283 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Yes, I believe this wholeheartedly. Wanda is an A-Lister for sure now especially as one of the few prominent MCU heroines. The fact that she's going to be one of the few ones to cross over from Phases 1-3 to the new phases will only increase her popularity and recognition. And she did all of this without any X-Men or Magneto because Wanda's worth was never defined by them and they only brought her down.
    Exactly true. I may be amongst the oldest here; 65, and I've been reading comics since the mid to late '60s. Wanda was nearly always the character that drew my attention in the beginning (perhaps my own Witchy background?) but by the time Magneto came to the Avengers and took them back (pre knowing their origin, around # 48 or so) I was totally entralled with Dame Wanda. Most of my love for her comes from the other stories in the Avengers and certainly not the mutant related ones.

While I originally loved the Byrne reveal, it has been so retconned now it is nearly useless. My head canon still says some mutant DNA could be involved in H.E.'s experiments, but I think it is a done deal and I think Wanda is better for it.

I still have reservations about how mutants, X-men, and Pietro, will be folded into the MCU, considering the twining. But we'll see. Bottom line: Don't think Marvel comics will kill off Pietro and there usually has to be 'some' synergy between movies and comics.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by EMPulse View Post
    Theory time: Now that we know that it was Agatha all along and she didn't have a real name/iD along with the mailman..could he be Ebony? That Cat is everywhere!
    Is AH/Agnes Woo's missing person? I'm not up on whether they addressed that. But Agnes / AH is/seems to be one of very few who can't be IDed.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    They just brought the reason why some of Wanda fans aren't really fond of Magneto being around, sure Magneto is not the reason why Wanda is thrown into things like AD/HOM, but they are hardly good case argument for them remaining as parent/child or having any deep connection.(Which they don't.)
    Also yeah, Magneto pop up in Englehart's Vision and Scarlet Witch for that dinner scene, but he is no more important than her neighbors and Avengers associates. The difference is that the others are actually more active in Wanda's stories.

Her real world publication history tells me she got fucked up partly due to that connection, gone for 7 solid years, and still struggle to get back to her home franchise, history teah me a different lesson.

And the animations, yeah, the animations, you mentioned it's not right to ignore characters' "rich past" yet guess what? Those animations ignore the main chunk of Wanda's lore(AKA her Avengers stuff) in favor of Magneto/Mutants, unless by "rich past" you mean getting stuck in some Brotherhood phase. And I agree, both animation Wandas at best are just shadows of comic Wanda, and a pale one at that.
    <looks around nervously> I guess Marvel felt that breaking all connections to mutant/lineage was the best way to move Wanda to a major character - on her own, not due to her mutant/Magneto status. So this is good. I still like her so much I can deal. Now for the MCU, will the intro of X-Men recast them all and their stories? Will we get a new QS and some wonkier story about their family ties or will that never be realized in the MCU
    ~ Oberon ~

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stovap View Post
    Is anyone else curious about the male voice that asks Wanda if she deserves to feel bad for what she's done? It's driving me crazy!
    That's literally Kathryn Hahn's voice with a lower pitch. I watched a video in which someone actually changed the pitch to verify that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm hoping Monica shows up before then, personally. CM2 is what, three years away or something? I'd rather not wait that long for her to reappear.

That's probably the next time she'll show up, but I hope we see her before then.
    Captain Marvel is slated for next year, not three years from now. We don't even know what Marvel is planning to release in 2024. Assuming the schedule doesn't change again, Teyonah should be busy shooting the movie at some point this year. The only other project she could realistically appear in is Secret Invasion, but I'm not sure if that's supposed to come out before or after CM2.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Episode 8 of WandaVision will reportedly be 47 minutes,
    @ComicBook
    reports. This would be its longest episode yet.
    The source from this is the same person who said 38 minutes for episode 7, so I'm assuming it's 47 minutes including the extra international dub credits. Episode 7 was ''officially'' 34 minutes, if you only include the Marvel Studios credits. So 8 would be ''officially'' around 43 minutes.

Not gonna lie, this is still disappointing, 'cause with over two entire hours left to complete the so promised 6 hours of show, I really thought the last two episodes would be AT LEAST one hour-long each. I'm starting to think they really just lied to us about the 6-hour thing, 'cause at this point, I don't see the last episode being so disproportionately longer in comparison to the others. But hopefully I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-22-2021 at 06:10 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    They just brought the reason why some of Wanda fans aren't really fond of Magneto being around, sure Magneto is not the reason why Wanda is thrown into things like AD/HOM, but they are hardly good case argument for them remaining as parent/child or having any deep connection.(Which they don't.)
    Also yeah, Magneto pop up in Englehart's Vision and Scarlet Witch for that dinner scene, but he is no more important than her neighbors and Avengers associates. The difference is that the others are actually more active in Wanda's stories.

Her real world publication history tells me she got fucked up partly due to that connection, gone for 7 solid years, and still struggle to get back to her home franchise, history teah me a different lesson.

And the animations, yeah, the animations, you mentioned it's not right to ignore characters' "rich past" yet guess what? Those animations ignore the main chunk of Wanda's lore(AKA her Avengers stuff) in favor of Magneto/Mutants, unless by "rich past" you mean getting stuck in some Brotherhood phase. And I agree, both animation Wandas at best are just shadows of comic Wanda, and a pale one at that.
    The animations have lore limitations just like the movies tho.

There's 4 animated versions of Wanda. Two are Avengers related (Iron Man and Avengers: United) and two are X-Men related (Evolution and Wolverine &tXM) so of course they ignore lore from each other's franchises.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Captain Marvel is slated for next year, not three years from now. We don't even know what Marvel is planning to release in 2024. Assuming the schedule doesn't change again, Teyonah should be busy shooting the movie at some point this year. The only other project she could realistically appear in is Secret Invasion, but I'm not sure if that's supposed to come out before or after CM2.
    Next year? Damn, well okay I can wait that long for Monica's return. Assuming theaters are open again, anyway.

I wouldn't rule out a cameo in Hawkeye or Falcon/Winter Soldier either, given Monica's connections to SWORD, but I can't imagine it'd be more than a small appearance and even that seems unlikely, just not impossible.

So I think Thursday, before the finale hits, I'm gonna post my original theories for the show, my current theories, and see how far off I am on everything. Might be fun for all of us to put our ideas on the table and then compare them to what we end up getting.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

There's 4 animated versions of Wanda. Two are Avengers related (Iron Man and Avengers: United) and two are X-Men related (Evolution and Wolverine &tXM) so of course they ignore lore from each other's franchises.
    There are three X-Men related. She and Pietro were in the last season of X-Men: The Animated Series.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    <looks around nervously> I guess Marvel felt that breaking all connections to mutant/lineage was the best way to move Wanda to a major character - on her own, not due to her mutant/Magneto status. So this is good. I still like her so much I can deal. Now for the MCU, will the intro of X-Men recast them all and their stories? Will we get a new QS and some wonkier story about their family ties or will that never be realized in the MCU
    Well she was used regularly throughout the 80'sand 90's with the Magneto lineage just fine. It wasn't until after Bendis that she disappeared from regular appearances. And since they dropped the mutant/Magneto origin way back in 2018 she hasn't suddenly had a huge resurgence in the books or anything.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Well she was used regularly throughout the 80'sand 90's with the Magneto lineage just fine. It wasn't until after Bendis that she disappeared from regular appearances. And since they dropped the mutant/Magneto origin way back in 2018 she hasn't suddenly had a huge resurgence in the books or anything.
    Her absence from the books has nothing to do with the mutant association since she was gone for 5-7 years while being a mutant and Mags kid. And got her first solo since the 90s after it was retconned out. Was in UA, No surrender, No Road Home and The Vision.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Which results in zero growth for the character since the bigger chunk of her history is in Avengers titles. The producers of EMH had planned on putting her in that, but Loeb cancelled the show.

Extraordinary Member

It’s funny. Wanda was the most consistent Avenger during Busiek through John’s and then Austen’s run. The one with arguably the most focus too.

You’d think with her current media exposure, and being finally past disassembled and “no more mutants” that Marvel would start focusing largely on her again. But we’ve barely got anything.

And it seems they don’t want her on the main Avengers roster.

I think they'll push out Darkhold Alpha after the show is over. And that the subject matter could have had some link with the show. Since the Darkhold is involved and the book in the show could be that. It got delayed because it's release was when comics shut down and Orlando moved onto other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It’s funny. Wanda was the most consistent Avenger during Busiek through John’s and then Austen’s run. The one with arguably the most focus too.

You’d think with her current media exposure, and being finally past disassembled and “no more mutants” that Marvel would start focusing largely on her again. But we’ve barely got anything.

And it seems they don’t want her on the main Avengers roster.
    Wanda, without her own series appeared in many Avengers for years. She had a top record in a way.

I think Bendis just resented her as a character. The whole crime drama emphasis he brought back in some respect. The Hood as a major villain, is almost insane and wrong.
    ~ Oberon ~

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    I think it's less about them being totally sympatheitic to Wanda's plight and more about what Monica said to Hayward in regards to Wanda being the "solution to their problems rather than the enemy". Plus it clear that they are aware of what Wanda did to Thanos and have a postive bias towards her as an Avenger. Hayward on the other hand does not seem to care very much for superpowered ppl. So i believe Woo and Lewis are giving her the benefit of doubt.

Despite what she may or may not be doing to the towns folk. spoilers:
    Given the new information it's clear the other forces like Agatha and the otherwordly book we see giving off super-powered hexing vibes. Have larger hands in controlling the ppl in the Hex besides Wanda. I mean remember when Vision temporaily reverted his co-worker back to reality? as he begged Vision for help? He didn't say who "she' (Agatha) was and before that, after Monica was sent flying out of Westview. We assumed, like her that "it was all Wanda, all along" but it's really not, which is apart of theme IMO.
    end of spoilers

Still i'm not blind to the issues or rushed elements that you are talking about. I do think more time could have been given to this series - maybe even more episodes - but it's been damn good and to me the contrasting elements of Haywards motives in tracking Vision and his own concern for the townsfolks, it's obivous that where is main foucs is with the people being little more than pretext. Meaning i choose to believe that Woo, Lewis understand the greater goal here and bias is a factor here as mentioned before. Regardless i think/hope the illogical - at times expositional - nature of their actions will be smoothed out by the season finale or a little before that.

Now about the long credits...i guess when they said they were going to mirror early tv programming from the past...they meant it. lol
    When the credits started on Episode 5, I literally could have gone grocery shopping and come back and they STILL wouldn't have gotten to the part about no animals being harmed in the filming of that show. It's a joke and I think it's not very nice for those expecting Disney Plus shows to be "six-hour movies" as ADVERTISED by Bettany and Mackie. I thought Monica and Hayward had REALLY promising starts as characters in WandaVision actually. Hayward was a very sympathetic and understanding boss, and it was pretty sad how Monica found out about her mom's passing. If the show had just expended a LITTLE bit more time on how Monica dealt with the shock of losing her mom or WHY Hayward was so antagonistic towards superheroes, this series would be EVEN better than it already is. Episode 4 was a really good "exposition" episode in my opinion. But since then, anything that has happened outside of the Hex has become increasingly hokey and generic. Monica is basically obsessed with saving Wanda and has no character besides that. Hayward at this point would be twirling his moustache if he had one. His character motivation is basically a commitment to being evil. There's so much untapped potential in just those two characters and you wouldn't need to spend too much time exploring it. There's just too much exposition going on outside of Westview. Monica going through the "wall" and hearing those voices encouraging her? Exposition. Darcy explaining the events of Infinity War and Endgame to Vision? Exposition. Vision telling the camera in front of him that both he and Wanda had it rough in the past couple of years? Exposition. I'm really LOVING this series and I'm THRILLED it's been so well-received. But I wish they could have just kept the focus on Wanda, Vision and Agatha. It would definitely simplify things for those who are not steeped in comic book mythology and I think the emotional impact of the story of Wanda and Vision navigating parenthood would have attracted plenty of interest by itself (with Agatha being a bitchy witch trying to "gum up the works" the whole time). People would have not been confused if the plot was presented that way.

Here is a really good critique of WandaVision from a fella who's really enjoying it (and I largely agree with almost all of his points):

https://www.patreon.com/posts/watercoolering-7-47768359
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-22-2021 at 11:35 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Wanda, without her own series appeared in many Avengers for years. She had a top record in a way.

I think Bendis just resented her as a character. The whole crime drama emphasis he brought back in some respect. The Hood as a major villain, is almost insane and wrong.
    "Avengers Disassembled" was about completely destroying the Avengers so they could be built from scratch in "New Avengers." So it started by destroying the mansion, and it targeted several characters who were core to the traditional Avengers cast: Jan (Wasp) was put into a coma, Hawkeye was killed, Vision was killed, and it was all the fault of the Scarlet Witch, who was crazy all along and her teammates never noticed. Wanda was chosen as the villain of the story because she was perhaps the most important character of the traditional Avengers. It was meant to show that that way of doing things was over.

It was kind of a childish story, even Bendis has expressed some regret for the way he came into the franchise by breaking all the toys. "New Avengers" was a good comic at first and I think it was true that the comic needed a shakeup. I also have no problem with the way Bendis added Spider-Man and Wolverine. But they could have done it without being so cruel to the classic Avengers and the readers who loved them.